- - - - -

Game of Thrones Season 3 Blu ray $29.99 Best Buy pre-order

#61 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:00 PM

People like me? What the Fuck are you talking about. I'm not going to double dip on a season just for a damn box. My goal is to not have any repeat houses on the sets, which is also why I appreciated the way they did Season 3 so I could catch up with a cover I missed (and technically others who do the same should be in the exact same boat as me).

I agree lol. I missed the season 1 covers (didn't get introduced to the show till well after they were OOP) so I appreciate having the chance to get a Stark cover now without paying inflated prices. I'm sure many others feel the same way and BB/HBO are obviously aware of this and know it brings good business.

Sadly my copy won't be here till Thursday :(

#62 adamthered   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   316 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:26 PM

$10 in RZ certs + $10 from a coworker for the DVDs + $10 from a friend for the digital code = GoT Blu season 3 for whatever the Hell tax was.

#63 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:40 PM

$10 in RZ certs + $10 from a coworker for the DVDs + $10 from a friend for the digital code = GoT Blu season 3 for whatever the Hell tax was.

Jeez, nice haul. 

#64 Commander0Zero   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   870 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Commander0Zero

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:54 PM

Now that there seems to be choices as to where redeem digital codes. Where is the best place to do so?

#65 tyron3biggum5   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   225 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

tyron3biggum5

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:22 PM

Now that there seems to be choices as to where redeem digital codes. Where is the best place to do so?

Don't use the HBO Select site... go to Vudu and redeem, go to Flixster and redeem, go to iTunes and redeem. I'm not sure about Google, but I'm guessing the code will work there too. If you redeem through HBO you are limited to Fllixster PLUS one of the other choices, this way you can use them all!

#66 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:15 PM

Don't use the HBO Select site... go to Vudu and redeem, go to Flixster and redeem, go to iTunes and redeem. I'm not sure about Google, but I'm guessing the code will work there too. If you redeem through HBO you are limited to Fllixster PLUS one of the other choices, this way you can use them all!

I did not know that. I am trying to go through Flixster (I am avoiding iTunes) but for some reason, I can't get the option to redeem UV codes. Waiting on Amazon Instant Video to go up.

#67 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:25 PM

^ If anyone is wondering I received the S3 AZ LE in the mail today; I bought it for a friend in Canada (not sure if was a US exclusive or if it was cheaper for him to buy it and pick it up from me as I live near the ME/Canada border) but regardless it is very underwhelming.

Small and the statue/disc holder is made of plastic. It does appear the base is numbered, but not sure out of what. The one I received was 17,xxx. 

I enjoy GOT but wouldn't pay anymore then $60 for the set. To make it worse it comes in plain white packaging.

#68 Raccoon2117   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   351 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Raccoon2117

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:42 AM

Just wondering to anyone who got a copy with one of the exclusive covers: is it just the cover that's the difference from the "regular" Season 3 Blu-Ray Best Buy is selling?

Like, if I buy one of the copies with a cover, will I also get the DVD and Digital Copy versions?

#69 tyron3biggum5   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   225 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

tyron3biggum5

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:18 AM

Just wondering to anyone who got a copy with one of the exclusive covers: is it just the cover that's the difference from the "regular" Season 3 Blu-Ray Best Buy is selling?

Like, if I buy one of the copies with a cover, will I also get the DVD and Digital Copy versions?

Yup, only difference is the cover

#70 CommanderShiro   Teal Mecha CAGiversary!   569 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

CommanderShiro

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

Grabbed the Targaryen version no problem from Best Buy yesterday. All the sets were in a display box for Game of Thrones.

#71 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:25 PM

Guys, I found out some good news. Game of Thrones Season 1 and 2 codes are still valid if you want to nab your UV copies. I found out Google Chrome messes with Flixster, but IE displays it fine. If you use the voucher code and redeem it through Flixster, it'll still tie the content. And they seem to have a beta where you can convert over discs to digital based on their catalog (if they have it and you have it, you can get it added to your library). It's $2 per disc, but its up to you. 

#72 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7465 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

I did not know that. I am trying to go through Flixster (I am avoiding iTunes) but for some reason, I can't get the option to redeem UV codes. Waiting on Amazon Instant Video to go up.

Flixster UV

and Vudu in case anyone needs the link

#73 LoveDragonDon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   703 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

LoveDragonDon

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:05 PM

• You don't get the Dragon shadow cover

#74 paintballers   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1689 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

paintballers

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:33 PM

Wait how many different places can we redeem the code or can you just select one?

#75 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:57 PM

Anybody else STILL not get their copy yet? God damn shipping said it would be here Tuesday but it keeps getting held up :(

#76 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

Wait how many different places can we redeem the code or can you just select one?

Flixster, Vudu, iTunes, and now Google Play. Amazon Instant Video was an option for Seasons 1 and 2, but 3 is up in the air currently. I REFUSE to use my voucher until I get my AIV copy.

#77 stevocbk24   CAG Veteran/Winter Soldier CAGiversary!   498 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:02 PM

Seasons 1 and 2 are $29.99 at Target right now as well.

#78 Coyotezeye  

Coyotezeye

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:29 PM

Any way to redeem through Google Play without going through the HBO Select site? I dont see anyplace on the Google Play store to redeem. I cant go through HBO Select now since I redeemed through Flixster & VUDU already.

#79 JW1023   The Cookie Monster! CAGiversary!   223 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:02 PM

If you don't particularly care about the covers, but still want a Best Buy edition, go with Stark. I got Targaryen, and the black sleeve just doesn't fit with the white-ish (marble?) looking box. 

(Unless the box color is different for Best Buy editions vs. regular editions. If so, then disregard my comment lol)

#80 JW1023   The Cookie Monster! CAGiversary!   223 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:03 PM

Anybody else STILL not get their copy yet? God damn shipping said it would be here Tuesday but it keeps getting held up :(

Hmm. I pre-ordered Targaryen from Best Buy's site and it was in the mail before release day. (Arrived on 2/19 though.)

#81 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

Guys, some good news on the Digital Copy side of things for Amazon. If you didn't use your voucher yet, try going to Amazon's Live Chat and try to offer them your code for verification. After getting jumped around in chat across seven, eight CSR's, they comp'd me an HD copy of Season 3. They did offer me the option for a replacement or a refund, but since I spent $30 on it, I would still have had to pay more for the HD copy of the Season. So, I opted for my digital copy and I am happy. Plus, I got it added to my Flixster account.

#82 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:51 AM

Hmm. I pre-ordered Targaryen from Best Buy's site and it was in the mail before release day. (Arrived on 2/19 though.)

Finally came today lol.  Pretty unhappy with the wait time though, may have to call BB about that.

#83 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:47 AM

Finally came today lol.  Pretty unhappy with the wait time though, may have to call BB about that.

probably the bad weather lately.

#84 paintballers   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1689 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

paintballers

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

Flixster, Vudu, iTunes, and now Google Play. Amazon Instant Video was an option for Seasons 1 and 2, but 3 is up in the air currently. I REFUSE to use my voucher until I get my AIV copy.

I can redeem on all 4 or I have to pick one?  I'm asking since I see people selling on this site but they say stuff like vudu only or itunes only...

#85 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:33 PM

I can redeem on all 4 or I have to pick one?  I'm asking since I see people selling on this site but they say stuff like vudu only or itunes only...

Apparently, if you go to each individual service and use the code, it works (if testimony's to be believed). I did use an old code from my box sets I had used on HBO Select for Amazon Instant Video, and I got unlocks on Vudu and Flixster. So the codes don't seem to be invalidated except by expiration dates.