Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes pricedrop

thrifty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
The XB1 and PS4 versions of MGS Ground Zeroes officially dropped to $29.99 for the PS4 and XB1 to match the PS3/360 versions.

Amazon hasn't updated yet, but Best Buy updated. With GCU i'm getting it for $23. Although I had to manually cancel my previous preorder and order it again to get the lower price.

Figured I'd post this since nobody else has and they didn't automatically lower the price of my original order for anyone else who also had it preordered.

I'm currently battling with best buy about my pre-order. The women on the phone told me to cancel and re-order. But my issue is that i used reward zone certificates to pre-order that have already passed their expiration date so I don't know if that's going to affect their refund. Plus I ordered a movie that I already received so the certificates have been split. The agent didn't have a firm grasp of the English language so I don't think she understood the situation. I sent an email hoping this gets resolved.

Even as an MGS fan, the pricing scheme was horrible, $40 for a short adventure (and no online play features) is ridiculous. Also charging $10 more on the newer consoles (digitally) is awful. Imagine if Assassin's Creed IV launched at $60 on PSN for PS3 but added a $10 premium on PSN for the PS4 version. Its the same game and it should be the same price.

Supposedly the disc release comes with a few bonuses, but Konami still haven't stated what they are, so I'm unsure which version to get.

They're (Konami/retailers/whoever dropped the price) really wanting people to get the XB1 and PS4 version over the PS3/360 version.  I want the PS3/360 versions to drop to $20 then.

Still on the fence for this one. The price drop doesn't hurt at all. Any pre-order bonuses being offered on this?

$24 is a lot more feasible for the Xbox One version but I think I'll still wait for the reviews.

With Titanfall coming not long before this it better have something to offer.

Still on the fence for this one. The price drop doesn't hurt at all. Any pre-order bonuses being offered on this?
Saw something today about it will have dlc for the phantom pain that upgrades motherbase or something along those lines, whenever phantom pain comes out that is. Its also a limited time offer and the first run copies of GZs.

I preordered from Newegg for $40 w/ $5 discount. What are the chances they honor the new MSRP w/ $5 discount?
they're notorious for botching preorders. I would call them, but after they screwed up my bf4 preorder I wouldn't trust them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really happy with the price drop, I'll be picking it up at BB day one (I heart you GCU). With how short it is I will no doubt finish it before Second Son drops lol. Also, for those with both next gen consoles I would suggest picking it up for the PS4. Its by far the best version releasing.

$24 is a good price. Since I have huge backlog and many versions of the same metal gear games, I think I'll either wait for the Gamefly at $10 price point or re-repackage of the legacy version with EVERYTHING on discs.

I have already been billed for my preorder at best buy..... If I cancel, and reorder, will they put the cancelled preorder back on my card?

Remember when Konami at least sold you a game to get this demo?  ZOE wasn't that great, but at least the demo (and reason we all bought it) made up for it.

Gonna just gamefly it, not worth buying for 2 hours. 

Does it even come with any extras for the real game when it comes out in 2 years?

I was gonna buy it anyway but a pricedrop is always nice. Whether you cant beat it in two hours or not doesn't matter to me. There will be plenty to do in the game to keep you busy for a while. You can breeze through just about all of the Metal Gear games if you skip the cutscenes, codec conversations and exploration. I have total faith in the series and in Kojima; He has never let me down.

I was gonna buy it anyway but a pricedrop is always nice. Whether you cant beat it in two hours or not doesn't matter to me. There will be plenty to do in the game to keep you busy for a while. You can breeze through just about all of the Metal Gear games if you skip the cutscenes, codec conversations and exploration. I have total faith in the series and in Kojima; He has never let me down.
agree. I'd happily pay 25 bucks for a solid, beautiful and amazing 2 hour game than pay 59.99 for an 80 hour, repetitive, boring game. I paid 14.99 for Journey for the PS3, one of the best games I've played and that clocked in at around 2ish hours. I would have payed 4 times that amount to be completely honest. That game really played with some emotion and was just overall an amazing experience.

So yes, I preordered MGS! Thanks for calling this out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember when Konami at least sold you a game to get this demo? ZOE wasn't that great, but at least the demo (and reason we all bought it) made up for it.
I traded a memory card with a friend for the Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo. I still have it somewhere...

I traded a memory card with a friend for the Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo. I still have it somewhere...
I paid $10 at Gamestop for MGS2 demo. I didn't know any better back then. But that game blew my mind when PS2 just came out. At least I get to hear Solid Snake in Japanese from that demo.

bread's done
Back