club nintendo will cheat you out of 10 coins with wii and ds games starting April 7th and more club nintendo news

cowthe2000

CAGiversary!
   Starting on April 7, 2014, any newly registered Nintendo DS or Wii games (both retail and digital copies) will continue to receive product registration surveys, but no longer be eligible for 10-coin post-play surveys. In addition, starting on April 7, the deadline to complete newly earned post-play surveys for all games will be 30 days after they are issued.

:wall: 

Where I found this:

https://club.nintendo.com/eligible-products.do

other article:

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2014/03/14/club-nintendo-update-will-make-you-10-coins-poorer

Definitely in on this one. Love getting cheated, so rad.

Oh wait, i don't own a wii and my DS is retired.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Cheated out of"
I didn't realize we were entitled to them. I don't believe they advertise 10 coins as being a guaranteed part of every purchase.

At least OP can read, which is sadly more than I can say for some news outlets... 

DlRl787.png

"Cheated out of"
I didn't realize we were entitled to them. I don't believe they advertise 10 coins as being a guaranteed part of every purchase.
THIS so much.

Post play surveys are a nice litte EXTRA, nothing more. Just like pre-purchase surveys. Why is this being posted here?

Oh no. Now how will I ever afford that Donkey Kong beach towel I always wanted?
Don't threat those towels aren't that great anyway. I tried using it as a clean up towel for the pull out method and it didn't absorb worth $h!t. Cost me $100 to get the back seats in the car steam cleaned!

Wow....I just....some people.

Wow.

Though it is rather pleasant to see pretty much everyone feels the same way I do.

Suck it up, fella.

Other than the free pokemon game, club nintendo has really let me down. They don't give you nearly enough coins. I have registered a 2ds a 3ds xl and no joke, about 35 3ds games and about 5 ds games and all i have got is like 1700 coins. so i can get 3 sets of posters for like 900$ worth  of stuff. Cool.

Other than the free pokemon game, club nintendo has really let me down. They don't give you nearly enough coins. I have registered a 2ds a 3ds xl and no joke, about 35 3ds games and about 5 ds games and all i have got is like 1700 coins. so i can get 3 sets of posters for like 900$ worth of stuff. Cool.
You also got $900 worth of stuff, at no additional charge.

...or did I just lose the game?

He said CLUB NINTENDO was a let down. He didn't see the games were a let down. CLUB NINTENDO is the free program provided when purchasing said games. The games were not described as a let down.
Club Nintendo was a let-down because he got three sets of exlusive posters mailed to his house free of charge?

People are strange.

I JUST WANT TO COMPLAIN TOO! I Got a blister from jogging! THANKS NINTENDO!
It's official, then:

On this board, "Thanks Nintendo!" is the new "Thanks Obama!"

Make it so.

Seriously, can I get some gifs? I'd do it myself, but I'm stuck at work 'till 7AM.

Not a big deal, but then why aren't they bumping up the coin count by an additional 10 for each game affected? :whistle2:k

I have a good amount of Wii and DS games that I still need to register but I damn sure won't be wasting them on this Club Nintendo year. I've been Platinum for 2014 since around October. Guess I'll just have to loose the additional 10 on each one... either way, Platinum 2015 here I come! :rofl:

I wish they would just give you all the points the moment you register a game, and not make it so you need to do the surveys. I get why they do the surveys, and I'm sure they are very important to Nintendo. But really, how many people just bullshit their way through the surveys and not give serious answers? 

I wish they would just give you all the points the moment you register a game, and not make it so you need to do the surveys. I get why they do the surveys, and I'm sure they are very important to Nintendo. But really, how many people just bullshit their way through the surveys and not give serious answers?
*Raises hand... slowly...*

You cheated me out of thirty seconds by making me read and respond to this failure of a post, OP.

Last edited:
>2014

>Caring about Club Nintendo

CN rewards are a joke. It's the worst rewards program of pretty much any retailer ever, the only dumber 'rewards' perk that exists is Microsoft's birthday 'reward' of 25 cents worth of microsoft points or the 'print and cut your cake out and tweet a free advertisement for us' bullshit. If you care about CN points you need your head checked because you're being incentivized to spend hundreds of dollars for a crappy beach towel or poster. 

I didn't even know you could register Wii games. I don't know a thing about anything having to do with Nintendo, since they pretty much suck...

That really is your fault for registering right away. I always wait for the free game deals to register my systems and games. So far I have received layton and pokemon for free, and have 6 posters and a nice game case. All of that for free above the coat of my games. That is far more extra than ps or microsoft has given me for buying games.

Other than the free pokemon game, club nintendo has really let me down. They don't give you nearly enough coins. I have registered a 2ds a 3ds xl and no joke, about 35 3ds games and about 5 ds games and all i have got is like 1700 coins. so i can get 3 sets of posters for like 900$ worth of stuff. Cool.

Most of my answers for Why did you buy this game is: I got it for X bucks.

Well, I appreciate the heads up about this, though we certainly aren't being cheated out of anything considering this is completely free and a bonus to games I would have bought anyway. I don't see Sony or MS giving me free games & goods year-round for all the games I buy for those systems.

As long as we're still getting some coins for the games I'd rather hold off on registering my left over codes to go for platinum next year anyway.

Still wondering where the "deal" is here.... Move or graveyard this garbage already. People being butthurt over the amount of free stuff they've gotten?? Funny..... CN has given me Super Mario 3d Land as a reward along with countless VC games because I choose to use my FREE CN points on those games. "I bought $900 worth of Nintendo stuff and they didn't give me anything... Now I'm sad :( ". You spend $900 on the goods... Club Nintendo is what we like to call an incentive program....

Well, I appreciate the heads up about this, though we certainly aren't being cheated out of anything considering this is completely free and a bonus to games I would have bought anyway. I don't see Sony or MS giving me free games & goods year-round for all the games I buy for those systems.
As long as we're still getting some coins for the games I'd rather hold off on registering my left over codes to go for platinum next year anyway.
Sony has a reward program

>2014

CN rewards are a joke. It's the worst rewards program of pretty much any retailer ever, the only dumber 'rewards' perk that exists is Microsoft's birthday 'reward' of 25 cents worth of microsoft points or the 'print and cut your cake out and tweet a free advertisement for us' bullshit. If you care about CN points you need your head checked because you're being incentivized to spend hundreds of dollars for a crappy beach towel or poster.
Of course most of the rewards on there are a joke, but they do provide some decent offerings every now and then. The 3DS 18 Card game cases, poster sets and the handheld pouches are all nice.

I care about the coins. I don't buy games for the sole intention of getting coins but they do come with them for free, so why not use them to get free stuff, that I'll actually use on a daily basis?

I don't see the problem with caring about Club Nintendo coins in 2014. You just gotta keep an eye out on something that's actually worthy to you of those coins. That's all.

Sony has a reward program
They've actually had 3 for Playstation. The first one never got out of beta and was an abject failure. The second one was through House Party, lasted about a year, and I think was pretty decent. Now they have the one linked to the points program.

The wierd part is I was going through some my ds games and some of them actually say the points codes don't expire until 9 months from now yet they ain't on the points list no more?

>2014

I'd have to say it's one of the better rewards program. I've gotten more prizes (cool ones at that) from club nintendo than anywhere else, albeit quite expensive ones.

They've actually had 3 for Playstation. The first one never got out of beta and was an abject failure. The second one was through House Party, lasted about a year, and I think was pretty decent. Now they have the one linked to the points program.
While I wouldn't consider the House Party one a rewards program in the same sense as Club Nintendo, the PlayStation Plus one or Sony rewards, I do believe you're impossible to please if you thought the House Party one was "pretty decent".

That was easily one of the lowest effort, highest yield, most consumer programs that I have ever seen grace the internet. I mean, the first month they gave 2 games (both of which were very new and I traded into GS for $30+ a piece) to everyone because I think the PlayStation Network was down and some people had some issue getting some points. Like, if you were there from day 1, then you could have got something like 14 video games, a bunch of random Sony branded swag and other freebies for uploading like 3 pictures, posting 3 topics and replying to 3 messages a week.

This was so low on the effort scale that I probably spent more time doing Club Nintendo surveys getting platinum than earning every single reward from that program. Like really, what do you consider a good rewards program if that one is only "pretty decent"?

bread's done
Back