* * * * - 12 votes

Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

Wal-Mart Trade-Ins

#91 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36992 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:58 PM

Time to trade in my second copy of Saints Row IV. Will gladly take $11.06 for it.

I don't see that value for :ps3: or :360:, though the latter lists $11.70...

#92 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2538 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

Don't be so worried about limits. I doubt they'll use ID to enforce it.

In most state they'll be required to enforce it. Pawn shop laws and all.

#93 Msn1983  

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:02 PM

Please allow this to work on prepaid visas. Even if not oh well. This should be fun the employees I've seen at walmart gaming sections have no clue what is going on.

Any really good values I'm missing? Best I saw was $30.80 for ps3 Ghosts when you can get it @ Target for cheap

#94 Byakurai   CAG Busta CAGiversary!   1290 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:05 PM

$5 for ride to hell. :D

#95 ritchardf  

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:07 PM

Walmart is the biggest retailer making hand over fist cash and you just have them a primer on how to run this? I assume they've thought of these things, if not they will learn when loopholes get exploited.

all i know is there is still a bin at my local walmart with about 25-30 copies of those burger king xbox 360 games, so if they screwed it up that bad the first time....

#96 breakfuss   Malicious Baiter ♥ CAGiversary!   3268 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:09 PM

Oh? Do tell.

It's mostly Nintendo first party stuff. Mario 3D World, Pokemon X/Y, Skyward Sword, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Zelda: ALBW...

#97 Nintendonly   feck this shat CAGiversary!   1535 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Nintendonly

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:09 PM

$2.18 for metroid other m when it's in store for $49.97

storefront-aboutus.jpg

#98 gn2007   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   169 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

wow pokemon x for 26.17

That's not bad at all

#99 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16275 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:25 PM

$2.18 for metroid other m when it's in store for $49.97

People need to stop worrying about what the store itself sells the game for.   :roll:

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:31 PM

Stop acting so damn sketchy then.

It's not about being sketchy.  It's about certain Wal-Mart employees being stupid as hell.  I don't know what kind of training Wal-Mart gives these guys but it's completely asinine when I'm stopped and questioned.  I guess what's really bad is that I highly doubt any of them have ever stopped a shoplifter before..... I mean do they expect a thief to just feel a sudden pang of remorse and break down during their "interrogation"?  And then just stand there and wait for the police to pick them up?  It's just a notch above Sam's Club where a fucking guard will actually take your receipt and go through your buggy marking off your items. 

I've never taken a cent from Wal-mart (though lord knows they've tried to rob me with mis-priced merchandise and employees who refuse to pricematch ads) so I don't appreciate being treated like some parole-breaking miscreant when I walk out the store.  It's an annoyance and it's a waste of time, and those who know me know that's something I don't tolerate lol.

People need to stop worrying about what the store itself sells the game for.    :roll:

Nonsense.  I don't think even Gamestop is that bad (even if the game is still new).  I've seen these copies of Other M at all my local stores too, along with full priced copies of Monster Hunter 3 for Wii, Skyward Sword, Pikmin 2, ect.  I wonder how much longer these games are gonna just sit there and what will ultimately happen to them....

#101 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36992 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:33 PM

People need to stop worrying about what the store itself sells the game for.   :roll:

That's what happens when Best Buy prices games low enough that you can profit by trading it right back in. :lol:

#102 Nintendonly   feck this shat CAGiversary!   1535 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Nintendonly

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:48 PM

It's not about being sketchy.  It's about certain Wal-Mart employees being stupid as hell.  I don't know what kind of training Wal-Mart gives these guys but it's completely asinine when I'm stopped and questioned.  I guess what's really bad is that I highly doubt any of them have ever stopped a shoplifter before..... I mean do they expect a thief to just feel a sudden pang of remorse and break down during their "interrogation"?  And then just stand there and wait for the police to pick them up?  It's just a notch above Sam's Club where a fucking guard will actually take your receipt and go through your buggy marking off your items. 

I've never taken a cent from Wal-mart (though lord knows they've tried to rob me with mis-priced merchandise and employees who refuse to pricematch ads) so I don't appreciate being treated like some parole-breaking miscreant when I walk out the store.  It's an annoyance and it's a waste of time, and those who know me know that's something I don't tolerate lol.

Then don't fucking shop there. You are an example of a customer I don't like dealing with.

#103 Tacosss   telltale CAGiversary!   345 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:52 PM

shipping labels are broken.

#104 Navex   The Media Jerk CAGiversary!   1185 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:02 PM

Lol at people complaining about people that work there. This isn't a specialty store, children, they hire people that need a job and that's it. It's 2014 and some of you still walk into retail stores expecting employees to know the products. They're there for a job and a paycheck, if you want someone that's PAID to know their shit go to a professional store that deals in the products you want to know about.

Funny how some of you are irked that they apparently won't pay you cash either. This is Wal-Mart, one of the few companies whose numbers only go up every year with profits breaking records every time, they sure as hell aren't giving you anything but credit.

#105 slppedyoursster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   707 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

slppedyoursster

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

I have a feeling I will use this if I need some MS Points in a hurry. So if I know that GS is giving me $2 for a game that walmart is offering $5...well, now I am getting a little more off ms currency. Otherwise, sites like glyde, 99gamers, or even the trading section on this site will be my first options.

#106 AbramJ23   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   78 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

and wii u is still worth 120......sigh

#107 Nintendonly   feck this shat CAGiversary!   1535 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Nintendonly

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:14 PM

and wii u is still worth 120......sigh

It's not in demand and they sure as hell don't want to stock up on grimey second-hand units that won't sell either.

#108 bgame2   Pure Cag Smoothness CAGiversary!   3555 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:15 PM

Well this is gonna be such a pleasant surprise come next Wednesday... just more work I'm gonna have to do since my crew is useless!

I already know all the associates in my area are just gonna play deaf, dumb, and stupid, like they do with everything in electronics, and just pass the buck to either Me or the CSMs, whom will either have no clue what to do or just pass it right back to me!

I can't even apologize for how the associates act in electronics because they just don't care at all. 

PSN Cards, XBL Cards, and Nintendo Cards don't fall under Gift Cards so you can get them with any WM Gift Cards. Only cards like those AMEX, Discover, Etc. Etc. are considered Gift Cards (the ones by the Checkout lanes)

I solute you NY Gamer.  Your post gives me hope that there are still some hardworking people out there!

#109 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4578 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:34 PM

I hate walmart, worst shopping experience on earth, so I hope the TIV's are high so I stick it to the man !!

#110 benjamouth   Thanks Larry Davis for the sig !! CAGiversary!   7560 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

benjamouth

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

Always low.  Always Wal-Mart!

Fixed that for you.

#111 Nintendonly   feck this shat CAGiversary!   1535 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Nintendonly

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:45 PM

I solute you NY Gamer.

You dissolved him into a solvent?

#112 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:00 PM

A game like Battlefield 3 has 3 different trade in values: Limited Edition, standard ed and Premium Edition lol

#113 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4578 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

I hate the search process, so many clicks, no list concept.

#114 dubldave   mmm, savingsss... CAGiversary!   179 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:21 PM

Walmart's the Devil, avoid like the plague or you might just get it!  :evil:

#115 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4578 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

Worth noting online trading is already active.

#116 davo1224   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3040 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

I'm still salty about letting all those XB1 games go for cheap before BBY resurrected the values temporarily. Ain't nobody got time to mess with WalMart.

#117 klimb22   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2466 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:42 PM

I hate the search process, so many clicks, no list concept.

You can't do your magic?

#118 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4578 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:46 PM

Not worth the effort, I did just compare ZombieU @  Target / RadioShack and Walmart, they all use cexchange. Walmart was 7, Target 5 and Radioshack was not worth mentioning.

Looks like walmart requires case as it went to 0.00 when I removed the case.

#119 Jake_Jenova   Don't Dream It, Be It! CAGiversary!   692 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Jake_Jenova

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

I just barely got the papers with all the info for this earlier (yet to read), I work in Electronics there, but I don't see this doing well much like the trade in for phones.

#120 hero913   MAZZAFAKKA CAGiversary!   1930 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

i see this going really badly...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wal-Mart, Trade-Ins