CAG NFL Season Discussion

DNukem170

Banned
We really could use a new thread.

New news: DeSean Jackson has officially been released by the Eagles. Didn't think they would actually do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ever wanted to be an NFL Draft Expert? Just fill out the following form and you too could have as much know-how as Todd McShay!

draftFULLj.jpg

In related news, thank God this thing is almost here.

The draft begins in about 15 minutes and this Haha kid tweeted a picture of himself being ready for it with a joint next to him on his couch. That's an interesting wrinkle at the last minute of this exhaustively long wait for the draft to get here.

There are apparently some discussions going about potential new sites for the NFL Draft next year with Canton, Ohio being one of them, which would be pretty cool to see happen here.

Draft order for the first round:

1. Houston - Jadeveon Clowney - DE - South Carolina

2. St. Louis - Greg Robinson - OT - Auburn

3. Jacksonville - Blake Bortles - QB - UCF

4. Buffalo (from Cleveland) - Sammy Watkins - WR - Clemson

5. Oakland - Khalil Mack - OLB - Buffalo

6. Atlanta - Jake Matthews - OT - Texas A&M

7. Tampa Bay - Mike Evans - WR - Texas A&M

8. Cleveland (from Minnesota) - Justin Gilbert - CB - Oklahoma State

9. Minnesota (from Buffalo, from Cleveland) - Anthony Barr - OLB - UCLA

10. Detroit -  - Eric Ebron - TE - North Carolina

11. Tennessee - Taylor Lewan - OT - Michigan

12. New York Giants - Odell Beckham - WR - LSU

13. St. Louis

14. Chicago

15. Pittsburgh

16. Dallas

17. Baltimore

18. New York Jets

19. Miami

20. Arizona

21. Green Bay

22. Philadelphia

23. Kansas City

24. Cincinnati

25. San Diego

26. Cleveland

27. New Orleans

28. Carolina

29. New England

30. San Francisco

31. Denver

32. Seattle

I wish the owners would go out there and announce their first pick instead of hiding behind Goodell. The boos would be deafening.

The Browns have traded their pick to Buffalo.

Cleveland gets the 9th pick and their 1st and 4th picks in 2015.

Unbelievable. WTF is Buffalo thinking? The pick itself is great, but I can't believe they paid that much to move up 5 spots. You think a 2nd and 4th would have sufficed, or at the very least, just the 1st from next year's draft.

The draft begins in about 15 minutes and this Haha kid tweeted a picture of himself being ready for it with a joint next to him on his couch. That's an interesting wrinkle at the last minute of this exhaustively long wait for the draft to get here.

There are apparently some discussions going about potential new sites for the NFL Draft next year with Canton, Ohio being one of them, which would be pretty cool to see happen here.
It was tissue.

http://deadspin.com/ha-ha-clinton-dix-did-not-have-a-joint-next-to-him-befo-1573780624

They agreed not to show the picks before they are announced. So they can show the players but they can't show them on phone or crying or whatever that gives away the pick.

They agreed not to show the picks before they are announced. So they can show the players but they can't show them on phone or crying or whatever that gives away the pick.
So they can show players not crying, which also says that they weren't picked?

Cleveland makes an interesting pick to get somebody to play opposite Joe Haden in Justin Gilbert.

Well, I didn't think about it that way. But yeah, a little too much Manziel coverage by ESPN already. Gruden is talking about him non-stop.

It is to be expected, he is the most dynamic persona in the draft by far. I don't mind it really.

I think the Titans reach for him here.

Seems like anybody can trade up at this point to get Johnny Manziel as long as it's before #16 to Dallas. Cleveland was supposedly working on a deal with Tennessee that fell apart at the last minute.

I actually wouldn't mind him going to Dallas. Growing up in Dallas I will always be a cowboys fan, but I cannot stand Romo.

Wow...really surprised the Titans went oline there. Their oline is already pretty stacked...with the weakest point being a 32 year old Michael Roos (who is still pretty solid). So, now they've got Roos, Oher, and Lewan as tackles. Not sure if this move sets up a potential trade or what...but I'm a little surprised.

I guess the logic is protect Jake Locker at all cost? I'm happy that they seem to be committing to Locker for this year. I think drafting a QB would have just created a self-fulfilling prophecy. Not picking up his option sends enough of a message. Drafting a QB would have just put the writing on the wall. If he can stay healthy, he's a good QB. That's what he showed last year.

Drafting Lewan also makes me think they really wanted Justin Gilbert. After losing Verner, that was a true position of need. They must not have thought the other CBs were worthy of the 11th pick.

13. St. Louis - Aaron Donald - DT - Pittsburgh

14. Chicago - Kyle Fuller - CB - Virginia Tech

15. Pittsburgh - Ryan Shazier - OLB - Ohio State

16. Dallas - Zack Martin - OT - Notre Dame

17. Baltimore - C.J. Mosley - ILB - Alabama

18. New York Jets - Calvin Pryor - S - Louisville

19. Miami - Ju'Wuan James - OT - Tennessee

20. New Orleans (from Arizona) - Brandin Cooks - WR - Oregon State

21. Green Bay - Ha Ha Clinton-Dix - S - Alabama

22. Cleveland (from Philadelphia) Johnny Manziel - QB - Texas A&M

23. Kansas City

24. Cincinnati

25. San Diego

26. Philly (from Cleveland)

27. Arizona (from New Orleans)

28. Carolina

29. New England

30. San Francisco

31. Denver

32. Seattle

Dallas doesn't take Johnny Manziel, which means Arizona is the next potential landing spot for him at #20. At this point, it's either Arizona or Cleveland unless somebody trades up for him.

Solid pick with Martin there for the Cowboys. I hate them, so I was kind of hoping they would make the mistake of picking Manziel there.

Well that sucked. No Manziel and no boost on defense. I don't care how much protection you give Romo he is always going to make idiotic choices when the game is on the line. He just doesn't have a competitive spirit.

At this point I don't see Manziel going in the 1st round unless Cleveland picks him up. Arizona will most likely take Bridgewater or Carr if they go QB.

John Gruden has a huge hard-on for his dream of Houston taking Johnny Manziel. He just revealed the next act, which is about them trading up to the 1st round to get him.

Manziel going in the 2nd round would be hilarious

Paulie won the bet.

I guess the Ravens pick was good, but the only college players I know anything about are Clowney, Watkins, Evans, and the QBs.

EDIT: Wait, the guy's name is seriously Ha Ha Clinton-Dix? Wow.

New Orleans has traded up for the 20th pick. Arizona gets the 91st pick (3rd round) in addition to #27.

ESPN confirms that they're not taking any of the big three remaining QBs with their quick shots of Johnny and Teddy staring at their smartphones. I didn't think we'd be sitting at a point where Blake Bortles was the only QB to get picked by the time we reach the 20s.

Cleveland traded up to the 22nd pick. ESPN is showing Johnny Manziel in the green room, which suggests that it's not for him.

Philly gets the 26th pick and a third round pick.

Edit: It is Johnny Manziel. Welcome to Cleveland. 

So...why did the Browns trade up for Manziel?

EDIT: Crowd base? Really, Gruden?

I would've loved to have seen the Bengals take Teddy Bridgewater there. I think Dalton has hit his ceiling and won't ever take them any further than he already has.

Odd move from the Saints ....
Nah, not really. They give up a little to select a potentially dynamic weapon in that offense. I thought it was a good move for a team that has an improved D and an offense that was potentially on the decline a little (esp after losing Sproles).

Because they have 15 million picks in this draft and they can make sure that they get the guy they want.
Yea, KC could have potentially taken him to play under Smith or potentially beat him out during the season (like Kaepernick). Or another team could have traded up before the Browns selected again @ #26. I like the move for Cleveland. If they believe in him, its good value at that point.

13. St. Louis - Aaron Donald - DT - Pittsburgh

14. Chicago - Kyle Fuller - CB - Virginia Tech

15. Pittsburgh - Ryan Shazier - OLB - Ohio State

16. Dallas - Zack Martin - OT - Notre Dame

17. Baltimore - C.J. Mosley - ILB - Alabama

18. New York Jets - Calvin Pryor - S - Louisville

19. Miami - Ju'Wuan James - OT - Tennessee

20. New Orleans (from Arizona) - Brandin Cooks - WR - Oregon State

21. Green Bay - Ha Ha Clinton-Dix - S - Alabama

22. Cleveland (from Philadelphia) Johnny Manziel - QB - Texas A&M

23. Kansas City - Dee Ford - DE - Auburn

24. Cincinnati - Darqueze Dennard - CB - Michigan State

25. San Diego - Jason Verrett - CB - TCU

26. Philly (from Cleveland) - Marcus Smith - DE - Louisville

27. Arizona (from New Orleans) - Deone Bucannon - S - Washington State

28. Carolina - Kelvin Benjamin - WR - Florida State

29. New England - Dominique Easley - DE - Florida

30. San Francisco - Jimmie Ward - S - Northern Illinois

31. Denver - Bradley Roby - CB - Ohio State

32. Minnesota (from Seattle) - Teddy Bridgewater - QB - Louisville

Nah, not really. They give up a little to select a potentially dynamic weapon in that offense. I thought it was a good move for a team that has an improved D and an offense that was potentially on the decline a little.
I agree the pick itself is good. Just don't think they really needed to trade up to get him.

Manziel going to Cleveland isn't too bad. If he succeeds, it's great for a team that has had numerous QB issues for years. If he fails ... Not really anything different from the norm there.

Minnesota traded up to the last pick of the first round, which may be for Teddy Bridgewater.

Edit: And they've taken Teddy Bridgewater.

bread's done
Back