GoHastings.com clearance on new games (Zone of the Enders HD $7.99 + shipping, others)

Thanks Op got Zone of the Enders HD on Xbox and I got the BUZZ Trivia game for the PSP. I had to get Zone of the Enders since I have never seen it cheaper than $15.

Was anyone expecting this deal to actually be good considering SHIPPING for one book is now $4.99 at this website? It used to be 99 cents per order. They keep failing horribly.

o_O but... after shipping it comes out to 10.27.
o_O but... I said I've seen it for $10 before, so why would I buy it for $10.27? I wanted it for $8+tax since that is obviously cheaper than $10.27 or the plenty of times I've seen it at $10. Get some glasses and read better. :dunce:

Last edited by a moderator:
o_O but... I said I've seen it for $10 before, so why would I buy it for $10.27? I wanted it for $8+tax since that is obviously cheaper than $10.27 or the plenty of times I've seen it at $10. Get some glasses and read better. :dunce:
I think he was trying to say that's still going to be cheaper than the $1 or so state tax you will pay raising it to $11.xx. But it's still not really worth doing backflips for either.

Also keep in mind that they sell gutted store copies through their website, for those aren't fond of getting opened games covered in price stickers and don't like to gamble.  I've gotten both sealed clearance games and opened clearance games plastered with price sticker on top of price sticker from them.

I think he was trying to say that's still going to be cheaper than the $1 or so state tax you will pay raising it to $11.xx. But it's still not really worth doing backflips for either.
The way he said it came off as being an ass. I would have bit $8.66 with no shipping but not paying more than $10 for it. Every dollar counts especially for a game that didn't get that many good reviews.

The way he said it came off as being an ass. I would have bit $8.66 with no shipping but not paying more than $10 for it. Every dollar counts especially for a game that didn't get that many good reviews.
And like the guy above mentioned, at least in the store you know the quality you're getting for what you pay.

And like the guy above mentioned, at least in the store you know the quality you're getting for what you pay.
Unfortunately there aren't any Hastings around here. Which sucks because they always have solid deals on games and blu rays.

Unfortunately there aren't any Hastings around here. Which sucks because they always have solid deals on games and blu rays.
AZ only has one I've ever seen and it's hours away! Love their site so I'd love to go to a physical store someday. I'm tempted on that ZOE but I'm not sure nostalgia will hold up.

ZoE 1/2 didn't get good reviews? I haven't played them in a few years but I always liked both of them.

Totally bought ZoE. Been waiting for it to go cheap. Haven't played the 2nd game too so great! I didn't realize there was a version for the Xbox though, and now I wonder if I should have gotten that version since I play Xbox more.

But then again, I'd sooner sell the Xbox for an Xbone, and keep the PS3 around as my Blu-ray player since I don't plan on getting a PS4. Then I can still play it...

Ugh. Well, it was originally a game for Sony, so I guess I'll stick to Sony.

Thanks OP!

I meant the HD remastered collection. It seems I was wrong on that though since they do have decent reviews on MC.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/zone-of-the-enders-hd-collection ps3
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/zone-of-the-enders-hd-collection 360
>relying on reviews for your only opinion on a game
>doesn't even read them enough to find out that most of the bad ones are from problems that got patched a long time ago
>tells other people to "Get some glasses and read better. :dunce: "

In for ZoE HD and Syndicate. $19 isn't great but I keep missing out on any really good deals anyway so might as well jump on it now. 

took too long to post.

Crysis 2 for ps3 for 5.99 piqued my interest, that was until I read sold out.

Wow, and I thought getting Fuse for $15 on the ToysRUs clearance was a good deal.

Ordered 2 copies from here to replace the two I bought and still saved $10 with shipping.

Still, kind of confused by how they mix used and new but it appears I got new.

Wow, and I thought getting Fuse for $15 on the ToysRUs clearance was a good deal.

Ordered 2 copies from here to replace the two I bought and still saved $10 with shipping.

Instead of shipping everything from their main warehouse for website orders like a lot of other chains, gohastings apparently often ships out inventory directly from their retail stores. And, in their stores, they gut the games and put the cases on display like gamestop does. So, basically, when you order something from them (especially clearance items), you never know if you're going to get a sealed game from a stockroom/warehouse or an opened floor copy from one of the stores.

If it looks factory sealed, you probably got a stockroom/warehouse copy. Usually, from my experience, they slip the gutted copies in a plastic sleeve with a little card saying "this game is new but we opened it to display the case in our store blah blah".

is the story for Game of Thrones any good? I've heard...people say it was awful and others who said the story made up for the gameplay

Microsoft store had Fuse for about 2 dollars not long ago.

My orders came in, and my Zone of the Enders PS3 and Fifa Soccer 13 WiiU were not brand new sealed. They were opened. Did anyone else get theirs as well?

My orders came in, and my Zone of the Enders PS3 and Fifa Soccer 13 WiiU were not brand new sealed. They were opened. Did anyone else get theirs as well?
Yup, My ZoE was in great condition but the shrink wrap was fake and torn.

I haven't got my copy of ZoE HD (PS3) yet. ordered mid afternoon on Saturday so no surprise there.

Will post it's arrival condition though when it does get here.

That's a common practice of theirs. I'm surprised that there aren't more people legitimately complaining about it than there are people bitching about GameStop gutted copies.

My order for ZoE got cancelled today. All refunded. Which I guess is good to hear since people aren't getting "new" copies. I'd have been pissed. Oh well.

I've actually had the opposite experience; ordered some used Vita games and received new games with used stickers on the shrink wrap. It was a couple older titles, Lumines and Virtua Tennis 4 I believe. Still waiting for ZoE...

bread's done
Back