* * * * - 3 votes

Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle $329.99! Plus free Wii U game

Wii U

#31 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   1328 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:51 PM

Waat?  Fantastic!  

Nintendo is trying.  I didn't think I would ever buy a 3ds, but after a price drop and some great game releases, I bought one.  Maybe this is the start of a Wii U turnaround? 

Posted Image

#32 MoCiWe   is a space smuggler CAGiversary!   6593 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago   Now streaming Super Smash Bros. for Wii U live on Twitch

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:53 PM

This quote from that article.."Nintendo also announced today that it is actually possible to destroy the blue shell in Mario Kart 8 before it hits you. "

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat haha, sounds pretty interesting!

659629.png?68329996

I like to stream sometimes! twitch.tv/mociwe

#33 punkmaggit   Masashi Hamauzu > you CAGiversary!   2505 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:53 PM

Mario Kart 8 + Pikmin for me.

#34 rcerboss  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:59 PM

This quote from that article.."Nintendo also announced today that it is actually possible to destroy the blue shell in Mario Kart 8 before it hits you. "

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat haha, sounds pretty interesting!

To be fair I know it's been "possible" before.  I don't remember the specific games, but if you time a mushroom boost JUST right you can make it miss.  And in some other games, if you drop a bomb JUST right you can destroy it that way.  

So yeah, don't get your hopes up.

well i asked whether you stood behind your opinions and you said "Always" so i offered up the same bet that i gave to Fire Thief. You think the price of the xbox one will drop to $300 + 2 games by end of year? Let's put a bet on it.

WHERE'S MY CHILDS PLAY DONATION CONFUCIUS!?

#35 WiiShopChannels   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   689 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

WiiShopChannels

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:01 PM

Mario Kart 8 + Pikmin for me.

same for me

PSN: tallytabletommy

#36 MoCiWe   is a space smuggler CAGiversary!   6593 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago   Now streaming Super Smash Bros. for Wii U live on Twitch

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:04 PM

To be fair I know it's been "possible" before.  I don't remember the specific games, but if you time a mushroom boost JUST right you can make it miss.  And in some other games, if you drop a bomb JUST right you can destroy it that way.  

So yeah, don't get your hopes up.

Yeah, that's true. But with them highlighting it I do wonder what ways they have planned to destroy it!

659629.png?68329996

#37 rcerboss  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:11 PM

Yeah, that's true. But with them highlighting it I do wonder what ways they have planned to destroy it!

With a star or bullet  :-?

Seriously I don't think it's going to be some massive game changer, the blue shell has never been invincible has it?  You just need android reflexes and a ton of luck to beat it.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd be surprised to see them tamper with the formula like that.  Frankly I'd rather them just give you the option to turn the damn thing on/off and be done with it.

well i asked whether you stood behind your opinions and you said "Always" so i offered up the same bet that i gave to Fire Thief. You think the price of the xbox one will drop to $300 + 2 games by end of year? Let's put a bet on it.

#38 David Hibiki   Well then... CAGiversary!   9231 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:12 PM

Nintendo is fucking awesome with these long ass videos in terms of selling you a game. 

THat said, I think this bundle should be $299 flat. I realize Nintendo would make less at that price, but they shouldn't be raising the price on a dead last system regardless of value.

WIth that said this is great value lol.

It's just that simple.

#39 MoCiWe   is a space smuggler CAGiversary!   6593 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago   Now streaming Super Smash Bros. for Wii U live on Twitch

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:13 PM

Didn't realize there was a huge video....that probably answers most of the questions I have lol, will watch that later. Thanks for posting it!

659629.png?68329996

#40 rcerboss  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:17 PM

Nintendo is fucking awesome with these long ass videos in terms of selling you a game. 

THat said, I think this bundle should be $299 flat. I realize Nintendo would make less at that price, but they shouldn't be raising the price on a dead last system regardless of value.

Wow, I didn't know people would actually sit through that.  I tried to watch it, saw it was over half an hour, then just turned it off lol.  And I totally am with you on the price.  Even if you want to argue over the value all day long, you can't argue with the statistics that something priced at $299 will almost always move a ton more than something at $300 lol.

I'd say that Nintendo has accountants and financial analysts far smarter than me coming up with their prices, but the proof is in the pudding.....

#41 Megamania   Banned Banned   1922 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Megamania

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

Wow, I didn't know people would actually sit through that.  I tried to watch it, saw it was over half an hour, then just turned it off lol.  And I totally am with you on the price.  Even if you want to argue over the value all day long, you can't argue with the statistics that something priced at $299 will almost always move a ton more than something at $300 lol.

I'd say that Nintendo has accountants and financial analysts far smarter than me coming up with their prices, but the proof is in the pudding.....

You know how crazy sales are 

I forgot alot about my economics class but all the factors they have to take in that effect sales is pretty crazy lol

#42 Vigilante   Always Watching CAGiversary!   22332 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:33 PM

Since I have MK8 preordered at Kmart and I'll get back $35 in SYWR points, I already have a 32GB Wii U, and I own pretty much every game I want off that download list, I'll likely sell off my download (like with the free copy of Pokemon X/Y).

Thanks, OP! :bouncy:

Cloud_Squall78.pngsuper-smash-bros-ike.jpg
Currently Playing: :3ds: Pokemon Y; Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call :ps4: The Wolf Among Us  :ps3: Metal Gear Solid 4 :vita: Tales of Hearts R

Last Beaten/Completed Game [2/26]:  :ps3: I Am Alive (4.0/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#43 Megamania   Banned Banned   1922 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Megamania

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:45 PM

The direct things really help you decide if you want to spend the money for the game or credit in this case lol

that or they are really persuasive

#44 roomtemperature  

roomtemperature

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

With a star or bullet  :-?

Seriously I don't think it's going to be some massive game changer, the blue shell has never been invincible has it?  You just need android reflexes and a ton of luck to beat it.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd be surprised to see them tamper with the formula like that.  Frankly I'd rather them just give you the option to turn the damn thing on/off and be done with it.

There's a super horn item that makes a sound wave around you that can bump off opponents. It can also destroy items and it was shown destroying the blue shell. I don't think it would be that hard to do with that item. The only problem is there are probably 3 more right behind the one you destroyed

#45 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8360 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:44 PM

In for the free game. Bundle does look sweet, though...

Garrus_Lannister.png

#46 rcerboss  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:45 PM

The direct things really help you decide if you want to spend the money for the game or credit in this case lol

that or they are really persuasive

Yeah I get what you are saying, but it's Mario Kart, what's to know?  I'm sure it'll be worth the $60 + $35 in K-Mart credit at least lol, and even if they aren't offering any games I actually want that digital code still sweetens the deal a bit.  Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and sell the code for $20 and end up only paying $15 for the game?

There's a super horn item that makes a sound wave around you that can bump off opponents. It can also destroy items and it was shown destroying the blue shell. I don't think it would be that hard to do with that item. The only problem is there are probably 3 more right behind the one you destroyed

I see, I didn't know that but I haven't been following much since I preordered lol

#47 Megamania   Banned Banned   1922 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Megamania

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:48 PM

Yeah I get what you are saying, but it's Mario Kart, what's to know?  I'm sure it'll be worth the $60 + $35 in K-Mart credit at least lol.

Yeah your sort of right but I mean you get a taste of the game,

I am more likely to buy it than I was before I watched it,

Even though I was going to buy it anyway lol

#48 Agent Orange   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   799 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Agent Orange

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:51 PM

Definitely interested in MK8. So this post is not to bash Wii-U or the game.

But the bundle at $329 still isn't a great deal. Haven't the previous bundles been $299 with game? So we are paying $30 for a plastic wheel?

Doesn't seem like Nintendo is quite "getting it" yet if that is the MSRP. Although if they are going to do a price cut, it makes sense to try and milk as many sales as possible from MK8 before they do so. So I can understand that, I'm just looking at it rationally from my angle (i.e. prospective buyer). I'm still waiting for my $199 holiday bundle...

#49 rcerboss  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:53 PM

But the bundle at $329 still isn't a great deal. Haven't the previous bundles been $299 with game? So we are paying $30 for a plastic wheel?

Doesn't seem like Nintendo is quite "getting it" yet if that is the MSRP. Although if they are going to do a price cut, it makes sense to try and milk as many sales as possible from MK8 before they do so. So I can understand that, I'm just looking at it rationally from my angle (i.e. prospective buyer). I'm still waiting for my $199 holiday bundle...

The other bundles didn't come with a Wiimote either, so if you look at it like that, I guess the Mario Kart bundle is the better deal?  I think?  What's NSMBU + NSLU going for nowadays?  I know I paid under $50 for the pair months ago...

I don't think anybody can deny this bundle is the better deal after you factor in that digital game.  Even if it is stuck to your console, it's still a good deal.

#50 Megamania   Banned Banned   1922 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Megamania

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:53 PM

You basically get: 

Wii U 
Wii U Game Pad

Random Red Wheel
Mario Wii Remote

Mario Kart 8 

Digital Game that you get for registering the code.

I mean, yeah its probably better to get a good deal on the Wii U & then just get the game.

#51 matrix9280   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1340 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

matrix9280

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

That's a lot of money for a system that's dying. When's Mario Kart 8 coming out for 3DSXL?

Never stop making them pay.

#52 Grammaton-Cleric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   211 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Grammaton-Cleric

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:04 PM

I’d argue it’s still priced far too high given that the PS4 is only 100.00 more and represents a clear and profound generational leap in power.

I think the Wii U is, for all intents and purposes, a dead system but if Nintendo wanted to give the console a fighting chance they’d release the bundle for 250.00 and lower the deluxe system to 199.99. (They should just nix the Basic)

#53 YellowGameboyColor   CAGBooty CAGiversary!   1876 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:04 PM

This is Nintendo's comeback!!! All you fuckboys who hate on Nintendo gon regret what you said about em. Nintendo4life #onlyNintendocanjudgeme

#54 The Orange Alert  

The Orange Alert

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

Awesome deal for anyone who was already planning on getting Mario Kart 8. In for a free copy of Wind Waker HD

#55 matrix9280   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1340 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

matrix9280

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:08 PM

This is Nintendo's comeback!!! All you fuckboys who hate on Nintendo gon regret what you said about em. Nintendo4life #onlyNintendocanjudgeme

Nintendohu Akbar

Never stop making them pay.

#56 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1795 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:08 PM

Do you need the Wii Remote for Mario Kart?  I'm considering just looking for a deal on a regular Deluxe bundle for around $250 like eBay had recently and just buying Mario Kart 8 separately.

Is the Wii Remote essential for other games?

#57 CAGkrazy   Yeah Boi! CAGiversary!   2191 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:10 PM

Would have been interesting if this was bundle price is 299 or even lower. If the current 299 bundle is not selling well with a 2 games (smb and luigi), this bundle with an extra wii controller and a racing wheel for $30 more isnt that enticing enough.

#58 @FIF   Salty Dog CAGiversary!   1781 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:13 PM

Better, but not enough to motivate a purchase.

#59 Agent Orange   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   799 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Agent Orange

I forgot about the Wii-mote (since I have so many already). I guess that sort of explains their math to go from $299 to $329. I supposed my issue continues to be that the Wii-U itself badly needs to have it's MSRP cut by $50 or even $100 - even with the free digital game - playing around with bundle pricing is not at all what Nintendo needs to do to build momentum.

However this bundle will definitely be one to keep an eye on if there's any clearancing or opportunities to stack deals  (i.e. KMART). Knock $100 off this even if through points or gift cards, and it's an extra sweet deal - basically akin to a $199 holiday bundle.

#60 Agadama   CAG CAGiversary!   739 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Do you need the Wii Remote for Mario Kart?  I'm considering just looking for a deal on a regular Deluxe bundle for around $250 like eBay had recently and just buying Mario Kart 8 separately.

Is the Wii Remote essential for other games?

For some multuplayer, yea.

Looking for some discounted $50 Nintendo eShop?

Check my tradelist.