Dokapon Kingdom In Stock at Gamestop.com 24.99 (used) [Coming In and Out of Stock]

arsenalcrazy8

CAGiversary!
As title says...

and before someone shouts "wheres the deal?" I suggest you look at the prices for this online...

I smell reprint here though.

Id link to it...but the website is kinda broken for me I always get a "game over" screen

Last edited by a moderator:
The same thing happened about a year ago.  Stores suddenly had copies in stock all over.  Both seem like reprints.

The same thing happened about a year ago. Stores suddenly had copies in stock all over. Both seem like reprints.
Must have been a very small reprint if it happened about a year ago as well.

What I don't understand, is if Atlus is doing a reprint (or Gamestop), why only charge $24.99?

Godzilla Unleashed for Wii is also available and allows 10 to be added to the cart.   Neither game is available at any Gamestop stores in my area though. 

A few weeks ago One Piece for Wii was also available for a few days. Something smells strange but would a reprint make that much sense at $24?

Must have been a very small reprint if it happened about a year ago as well.

What I don't understand, is if Atlus is doing a reprint (or Gamestop), why not charge of $24.99?
Pretty much every GS store had at least 1 copy. Not sure if that qualifies as very small or not.

I'm trying to add to my cart but it won't let me. I can add other games, but not that one. Anyone else having issues?
I just tried it said : Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request. So I'm guessing they sold out and it trying to update or something similar maybe

I just tried it said : Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request. So I'm guessing they sold out and it trying to update or something similar maybe
Oh well. I just kept getting nothing. Empty cart. Jumped on the mobile site too. Closest one is 80 miles away.

I'm going to guess not a reprint then hah

Stupid resellers.

Anyway, I got one months ago during a B2G1 Wii/DS sale, so I'm good. It was mint condition. I don't think it was a trade. Another weird thing I noticed is that Ni no Kuni keeps getting restocked at the local GameStops. I bought a gutted copy a while back and there was another one in the same store just a week ago. Also, I got a pre-owned one at my local store a few days ago and the manager said he just got that one. It was mint again and now they got another one. They didn't have any pre-owned copies for months and now the TIV dropped but they got more.

I didn't know that people actually wanted this game.  Don't get me wrong I'm glad I have my copy and have played it a number of times, but the game is lackluster due to its wild imbalance.

Stupid resellers.

Anyway, I got one months ago during a B2G1 Wii/DS sale, so I'm good. It was mint condition. I don't think it was a trade. Another weird thing I noticed is that Ni no Kuni keeps getting restocked at the local GameStops. I bought a gutted copy a while back and there was another one in the same store just a week ago. Also, I got a pre-owned one at my local store a few days ago and the manager said he just got that one. It was mint again and now they got another one. They didn't have any pre-owned copies for months and now the TIV dropped but they got more.
Walmart and Gamestop must be in cahoots. >_>

Pretty much every GS store had at least 1 copy. Not sure if that qualifies as very small or not.
I'd say yes, in the grand scheme of things. That would be less than 7,500 copies.

There were a few other hard to find Wii games that came in stock recently as well so who knows. Guess we will find out soon enough when the games arrive. I already had a copy from a few months ago, probably left over from the restock you are talking about.

I didn't know that people actually wanted this game. Don't get me wrong I'm glad I have my copy and have played it a number of times, but the game is lackluster due to its wild imbalance.
I have it. I love it. I hate it. It's a very weird ballance.

Yes, it destroys friendships in multiplayer.

Wow, I didn't realize this shot up so much again, since it was already reprinted once. 

Every GS near me has copies in stock though so I'm guessing it's the same for everyone else too. 

Wow, I didn't realize this shot up so much again, since it was already reprinted once.

Every GS near me has copies in stock though so I'm guessing it's the same for everyone else too.
No Gamestop within 100 mile radius of me has it in stock. I want to try this game but would rather pick it up in store so I could see the condition. Ordering from the website can be a nightmare. Last game I ordered looked like someone took a razorblade to the game. My thinking at the time was PS3 games are pretty safe to order. Not from Gamestop.com

what's so special about this game? I have the ps2 version that I picked up during the 75% off sale.

No Gamestop within 100 mile radius of me has it in stock. I want to try this game but would rather pick it up in store so I could see the condition. Ordering from the website can be a nightmare. Last game I ordered looked like someone took a razorblade to the game. My thinking at the time was PS3 games are pretty safe to order. Not from Gamestop.com
I'm with you man. My last 5 orders from gamestop.com came incomplete. Disc only with generic case. 3 of the 5 game discs were in horrible condition. I ended up exchanging them for a different game at my local gs. Because of this I will never never order shit from GS.com anymore.

I don't get why reprint it and sell it at $24.99 used when they could likely get more new...It's like they intentionally being shady.

Edit: BTW, has anyone seen it in store? Wondering if there are any differences like MPT/Xenoblade

I found one in store today. Saw it on the counter when I happened to be in and grabbed it knowing what it goes for. Then checked stock and all the stores around here have them. For what its worth, they aren't all reprints, this was disc only and though the disc is good, it isn't mint.

I found one in store today. Saw it on the counter when I happened to be in and grabbed it knowing what it goes for. Then checked stock and all the stores around here have them. For what its worth, they aren't all reprints, this was disc only and though the disc is good, it isn't mint.
Of course some will be from the first release. You can still find the MPT Steelbook sometimes.

Thanks for the info. Interesting to see if they flood the market like MPT and Xenoblade.

I'm just waiting for them to pull this reprint nonsense with Tales of Hearts R soon. :whistle2:(
As long as there's money in it I don't see it stopping.

I'm not sure they make a lot of money on this though. I believe the appeal of this was it's rarity among collectors. Take that away and it doesn't offer the same mainstream value that Xenoblade or MPT does. That's why it didn't sell we'll initially.

As long as there's money in it I don't see it stopping.

I'm not sure they make a lot of money on this though. I believe the appeal of this was it's rarity among collectors. Take that away and it doesn't offer the same mainstream value that Xenoblade or MPT does. That's why it didn't sell we'll initially.
Well I think the Tales series has more general recognition than Xenoblade probably does and they typically have kept Tales games that didn't have big runs and weren't immediately put on sale like crazy on the higher side. Look at Graces for example. Hearts is a GS exclusive so I can see them doing that if they think it's profitable. Order however many copies they're going to anyway, sell whatever portion of that you think you need to sell to capitalize on initial demand, reserve/reprint the rest until interest is higher.

bread's done
Back