(Dead) Best Buy E3 Promo: Pre-Order 3 (or more) Games and get up to 30% off each game (June 6-12)

Socpens

CAGiversary!
nvpron.jpg

Flyer is in French, basically says:

- Up to 30% off per game when you preorder 3 games or more.

- Begins June 6th

The savings could prove better than Futureshop's, as 30% off a $70 game comes to roughly $21 savings compared to Futureshop's fixed $20 off. Since it's Best Buy I'm guessing you get Reward Points as well for the purchases.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/E3.aspx?cmp=vrd-E3

There is the link to Best Buy's dedicated E3 page.

rest in peace this deal

Last edited by a moderator:
That's amazing. I hope this works for US too. I already pre-ordered Destiny so I hope I don't have to add another pre-order. If so I'll just cancel my Destiny order and do it again. I'm thinking TLOU PS4, Destiny and Pokemon going from that list.

You guys don't think this would stack with GCU's 20% off would it?
No chance in hell. That's an American program that doesn't apply in Canada. Unless of course you somehow get your US Bestbuy to pricematch the Canadian promotion. I have no idea what abuse levels your Bestbuys take.

Worth noting that certain games like NBA 2K15, WWE 2K15 are at $59.99 on PS4. Seems like either the price hike hasn't affected certain games or they are lowering the prices for certain games to attract more sales.

How much are 3DS/Vita games with this deal, then? Can we expect it to go live at midnight?

How much are 3DS/Vita games with this deal, then? Can we expect it to go live at midnight?
I doubt they will be 30% off, seeing as the flyer states UP TO 30%, maybe they will reduce it to 20% for handhelds or something.

As for the midnight launch I am assuming they will update the site at midnight pacific time since the site is based in Vancouver.

I doubt they will be 30% off, seeing as the flyer states UP TO 30%, maybe they will reduce it to 20% for handhelds or something.

As for the midnight launch I am assuming they will update the site at midnight pacific time since the site is based in Vancouver.
They probably mean you get a certain percentage off, depending on how many games you pre-order. My guess is 3 games = 30% off.

So FS is better for 3DS/Vita titles, seeing as it's $20 off, no?

BTW can this deal be done in store? I think we're all anticipating the RFD effect tonight/tomorrow.

So FS is better for 3DS/Vita titles, seeing as it's $20 off, no?

BTW can this deal be done in store? I think we're all anticipating the RFD effect tonight/tomorrow.
As far as I know these are online-only deals. That's just something I overheard during some conversations though. I know many people are flat-out waiting until E3 really begins because a lot of the games offered already, like Destiny, were available last year. Though I doubt they will run out of pre-order stock as quickly as tomorrow. The real rush will come when titles are announced at E3 with a release date of winter 2014/spring 2015. Though the general consensus from discussions I am reading is "grab as much as you can" in 3-product bursts, then cancel if you decide against it. Kind of crappy.

I've never pre-ordered anything from BB/FS before so I don't know how much pre-order stock to expect. I'm sure games like Destiny will have a ton. And I'm lucky since I only really want WWE 2K15 and that seems like a niche thing.

Hm. If this happens in the US, I wonder which games could qualify and if I'd have to re-preorder my games.

Only ones I have preordered are Destiny, Batman, and HOPEFULLY The Witcher 3's CE will come to Best Buy and count. 30% off of that would be sweet.

I've never pre-ordered anything from BB/FS before so I don't know how much pre-order stock to expect. I'm sure games like Destiny will have a ton. And I'm lucky since I only really want WWE 2K15 and that seems like a niche thing.
Hm, well, the $10/15% off pre-orders from earlier in the year were limited. Mario Golf went fast, for example. I'm not sure about these E3 deals... FS and BB probably have a number in mind from each publisher in terms of stock, and likely will divide that number up as far as online stock goes, eg. say they're getting 50,000 copies of The Witcher 3; 25,000 PS4, 20,000 XB1, 5,000 PC; they would allocate about 70-80% of that to us on the first day of the deal, then the rest through out the week of the deal. I think. But it wouldn't be the same for every title, you know; they'd order much more Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare than Monster Hunter 4, for example.

It would be wise to choose titles, that you want in the first place, from smaller publishers, ie. Atlus, Bandai Namco, even Nintendo. The Desiny's and Call of Duty's won't run out.

We'll just have to wait and see when this offer goes live. I'd rather pre-order my niche titles from Futureshop anyway, considering Best Buy has a habit of their stock usually always on back order come release day.

The deal has now gone live at both BB and FS. Here is the tally of my current savings:

BEST BUY:

Smash Bros Wii U: $19.50 savings Total $45.49

Last of Us Remastered: $21 savings Total $48.99

WWE 2K15: $18.00 savings Total $41.99

Destiny: $21 savings, Total $48.99

FUTURE SHOP:

Smash Bros Wii U: $18.57 savings Total $46.42

Last of Us Remastered: $20 savings Total $49.99

WWE 2K15: $17.14 savings Total $42.85

Destiny: $20 savings, Total $49.99

Looks like Best Buy comes out with the best prices across the board.

Yuuuup. Just realized this was the Canadian section of the site. Stupid tapatalk app doesn't state which section I'm in. Ah. Oh well. Hopefully we can get this deal in the US as well.

Sadly neither includes Collector's Editions or Limited Editions but may consider some of the 3DS stuff.

A little bit concerned about Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call... If FS doesn't get the first runs of it then I would've rather payed the extra money to get the bonus CD from EB.

Same with Tales of Xillia 2, since there's a good chance we may get some sort of first run thing here like the first game.

The deal has now gone live at both BB and FS. Here is the tally of my current savings:

BEST BUY:

Smash Bros Wii U: $19.50 savings Total $45.49

Last of Us Remastered: $21 savings Total $48.99

WWE 2K15: $18.00 savings Total $41.99

Destiny: $21 savings, Total $48.99

FUTURE SHOP:

Smash Bros Wii U: $18.57 savings Total $46.42

Last of Us Remastered: $20 savings Total $49.99

WWE 2K15: $17.14 savings Total $42.85

Destiny: $20 savings, Total $49.99

Looks like Best Buy comes out with the best prices across the board.
This is true for 3DS games aswell.

$44.99 at Best Buy = $31.49

$44.99 at Futureshop = $32.13

I ordered both Pokemon games and Smash Bros. Looking at other systems now...

EDIT:

$64.99 at Best Buy = $45.49

$64.99 at Futureshop = $46.42

Prices are much better than the easter sale, going to reorder some games.

If I remember correctly from previous years for e3 sales FS & BB always starts with different offers. At the tail end of the E3 sale the discount prices are exactly the same to match each other offer.

Heads up for those wondering, Tales of Xillia 2 Collector's Edition isn't part of the promo. I imagine the same goes for other CE/LE/SE.

Heads up for those wondering, Tales of Xillia 2 Collector's Edition isn't part of the promo. I imagine the same goes for other CE/LE/SE.
Figured, basically the same thing as last year. I'll probably just pre-order the Pokemon games and Smash Bros and call it a day.

Pretty annoying the vanilla version is $10 more than Amazon.ca, makes the deal nowhere near as hot as it should be.

I have never taken advantage of this deal and I want to take advantage this year. I've added about 6 games to my cart, and most likely will add more when they're revealed at E3. Will I be charged altogether at checkout, or per game release date?

Also, can I cancel a pre-order down the road?

Will I be charged altogether at checkout, or per game release date?

Also, can I cancel a pre-order down the road?
You will be charged as each game is shipped (regular price -30%). You can cancel, but you can only cancel your entire order (minus, of course, what's already been shipped). If you want later games, you can just return the unwanted one to a store to maintain your order.

It seems:

Bestbuy

1-2 Games = 15% off

3+ Games = 30% off

Futureshop

1-2 Games = 14.3% off

3+ Games = 28.6% off

Weird! Because FS stuck to its maximum $20 off full price ($60 last year, $70 this year), it has the worse deal this time around.

Luckily BB has immediate discount instead of points this year.

You will be charged as each game is shipped (regular price -30%). You can cancel, but you can only cancel your entire order (minus, of course, what's already been shipped). If you want later games, you can just return the unwanted one to a store to maintain your order.
Are you sure you can cancel? Because I have an order from the Easter sale, basically Kirby and Smash Bros., the former's shipped, the latter yet to, and I tried cancelling it last night and couldn't. Maybe you would have to phone it in to customer service, but yeah, alternative is just to return the games you don't want.

Any possible downsides with waiting until after the conferences with ordering? The BB deal lasts until the 12th after all.

Any possible downsides with waiting until after the conferences with ordering? The BB deal lasts until the 12th after all.
No. Best to wait and order on the last 2 days, that is when E3 announce games will be up.

Does anyone think that there will be PS3 price drop soon? My original PS3 died (YLOD) last month; and I found out today the repair attempt failed. :cry:

I don't know, I hear that sometimes BB pre-order stocks runs out. I've never actually seen it happen, but I ordered WWE 2K15, Smash Bros and Destiny just in case. I was worried they might run out of Smash Bros stock, since Mario Golf preorders ran out last easter.

Are you sure you can cancel? Because I have an order from the Easter sale, basically Kirby and Smash Bros., the former's shipped, the latter yet to, and I tried cancelling it last night and couldn't. Maybe you would have to phone it in to customer service, but yeah, alternative is just to return the games you don't want.
You can only cancel before an item ships from your order. Once a single item ships off the order you are stuck receiving all the other games and will need to return them as they arrive if you no longer want them. I've done this multiple times. It's no big deal really as you still maintain the discount on all games even if you return 1 of them.

I guess I should add that I have never actually tried calling CS to cancel after having already received a game.

Cheers, that's what I thought.

BTW, Off-Topic: have you guys seen the 'temporary price cut' deal going on at Target? Anyway, YMMV, but at Calgary Targets I saw Pink 3DS go for ~$56.20 and the Black 3DS for ~$80. Wii U deluxe set for ~$150. The Wonderful 101 for ~$21. There wasn't a thread here, but it's worth a mention. I also saw 8GB PS Vita memory cards for $7.

Cheers, that's what I thought.

BTW, Off-Topic: have you guys seen the 'temporary price cut' deal going on at Target? Anyway, YMMV, but at Calgary Targets I saw Pink 3DS go for ~$56.20 and the Black 3DS for ~$80. Wii U deluxe set for ~$150. The Wonderful 101 for ~$21. There wasn't a thread here, but it's worth a mention. I also saw 8GB PS Vita memory cards for $7.
Wow, I must go look at my Target.

I've overheard that FS are price-matching Target's current PS4 deal of $450 + $50 Gift Card upon purchase. Better than FS's own deal of Infamous + PS4 for $473. I'm waiting until E3 week to decide on when to pick up a PS4, if nothing is announced I'll go with the Target deal.

I've overheard that FS are price-matching Target's current PS4 deal of $450 + $50 Gift Card upon purchase. Better than FS's own deal of Infamous + PS4 for $473. I'm waiting until E3 week to decide on when to pick up a PS4, if nothing is announced I'll go with the Target deal.
Don't forget that Eco fee they added to all consoles. So you're paying $453.50+.

You can only cancel before an item ships from your order. Once a single item ships off the order you are stuck receiving all the other games and will need to return them as they arrive if you no longer want them. I've done this multiple times. It's no big deal really as you still maintain the discount on all games even if you return 1 of them.

I guess I should add that I have never actually tried calling CS to cancel after having already received a game.
Last year I ordered 3 games from FS during the E3 sale. I got the first 2 and Watch Dogs was the 3rd. After it got delayed I called FS and cancelled the Watch Dogs order. It was pretty easy, I'm not sure if BB will let me do it this year, but I'll def try as I'll probably preorder a bunch of games then choose closer to the dates if I want them.

Last year I ordered 3 games from FS during the E3 sale. I got the first 2 and Watch Dogs was the 3rd. After it got delayed I called FS and cancelled the Watch Dogs order. It was pretty easy, I'm not sure if BB will let me do it this year, but I'll def try as I'll probably preorder a bunch of games then choose closer to the dates if I want them.
Yep you can do that with BB, if you cancel anything in the order it does not affect games you've previously received. What I did was I wanted the 3 game discount but only wanted 2 games, so I pre-ordered something I had a feeling would not come out for a while still so I can cancel it when I receive my games this fall.

They charge when things ship, and usually send games out a day or two before its release day.

bread's done
Back