* * * * - 29 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 12/16: Holiday Sale Wk 3 ($6 Terraria PS4/Vita, $3 Hotline Miami, $7.49 Child of Light, $8 Last Tinker, $9 Pier Solar)

#10471 Nephilim_BC  

Nephilim_BC

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:24 PM

Naw but seriously

#10472 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1407 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:29 PM

Well chaps, let me warn you about Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins' impending removal. It's unlkely to be on sale before it's delisted, so it's a little expensive at $14.99, but it does include two games. If I'm not mistaken, this is the last Marvel vs. Capcom game on PSN and XBLA as all the other games in the series were already removed.

I would've bought day one if it included Children of the Atom and X-Men vs. Street Fighter. I will pass on this unless there is a flash sale this weekend.

PSN: sic2291 
Steam: Pimpalicious1987

#10473 NightCat   Backtoad_Overload CAGiversary!   3562 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:48 PM

First you both need ps plus. Even couch co-op requires ps plus, which sucks real bad. Then the modes for local co-op are limited too, like only 2v2. It isn't even that fun to begin with.

wth coach coop needs plus on each account i was wondering why i had issues with another game.... sad

Backlog_Overload For Presadento cowabunga

#10474 Spicollidriver   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   331 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Spicollidriver

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:57 PM

I would've bought day one if it included Children of the Atom and X-Men vs. Street Fighter. I will pass on this unless there is a flash sale this weekend.

Some people forget about those two games but I look fondly on them.

#10475 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36541 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:27 PM

Thanks Eld! Got my code

edit- The code is for GoL, not ToO. :(

I should have saved the meme pic you use so I can use it on you. :boxing:

Sorry, was half asleep when I saw it and mixed up the titles I guess.

3ds120.gif Pocket Card Jockey  :pc: Final Fantasy 14  :wiiu: TBD  :vita: TBD

:xb1: TBD  :ps4: Nier Automata  :360: TBD  :ps3: TBD

Finished Games 2017: 3 - Recently Completed: :ps4: Disc Jam

EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#10476 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10670 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:39 PM

Sorry, was half asleep when I saw it and mixed up the titles I guess.

No biggie, I already had an account anyways so all I had to do was type it in.

Here's my code if anybody wants it. C96J-8HN2-RHKA

rsz_11351009_1606865476227093_1240183299764128.pngrsz_1download.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Gears 4, Madden 17, & NBA 2K17   :ps4: TR RotTR   :wiiu: TBD   :360: TBD    :ps3: TBD   :vita: TBD

#10477 Outrun9   Let's Go! CAGiversary!   620 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:39 PM

Yeah I’ll take X-Men vs Street Fighter & Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter every time! I still enjoy them on my Sega Saturn!

Nintendo_staff.gif          10Player_zps0028ed08.gif?t=1406797248

#10478 elessar123  

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:53 PM

I loved X-Men: CotA.

Spoiler

#10479 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   785 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:04 PM

Japan PSN is having a 50% Capcom sale with MvC Origins advertised. Hopefully that sale comes to us this weekend too.

#10480 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2008 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:50 PM

Are you SURE you can add money to their account separate from yours? I think you guys are confusing it with the setting for how much they can spend in a month. For me at least it still takes the money from MY wallet. I can not seem to add anything to her account. Any time i tried to enter a PS money code on her account it gave me an error message. I know the code worked because i finally said screw it and tried putting it on my account and it went through

Is there a way to actually put money just into their wallet? I really wish i had just lied and said she was 21 or something like i did with the xbox account. Setting up accounts for kids usually causes problems. I really dont want to have to put money in my account specifically for her every time i decide to buy something, and not get a discount on top of it. Seems like a big hassle

No.  The only way is if you created her a separate account.  I don't have a Vita but on the PS3 this isn't a big deal because my kids could just log into my account profile and then hit the store and download anything I own.  But I don't put money on their accounts (only one of my kids is a sub-account the others just made new accounts as the site gave me issues on creating more than one sub account).

The only thing you could do is set her an allowance for the month and then at the end of the month change it back to $0.   Just keep in mind she has money on there and don't spend it before she does.

Me personally, I don't have a credit card tied to my account so it's really easy to keep track of my ballance... but then again I give my kids NO purchasing power so they are forced to go through me for new digital games (which works out fine for them as I'm buying games long before they find out they were even on sale).

loading_icon.150d3a5a.gifLoading...

#10481 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65676 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:33 AM

The latest Pinball Arcade newsletter confirms that Season Passes are returning with the start of Season Four next week:

PS4

The long awaited Season Two and Four will be releasing on PS4 SCEA December 23rd! Just in time for christmas! Remember: Buying a season pass saves you $20 vs purchasing the tables individually. 

We will be releasing the long awaited Season Two bundle for PS4 just in time for Christmas! You will finally be able to get your hands on 19 more beautifully lit tables for $29.99. That is a $20 savings! 

Season Two includes the pinball tables: Dr. Dude And His Excellent Ray™, Firepower™, Cactus Canyon™, Central Park™, White Water™, Space Shuttle™, Centaur™, Pin*Bot™, Champion Pub™, Whirlwind™, Goin' Nuts™, Flight 2000™, Terminator 2: Judgement day™, Tee'd Off™, Haunted House™, Class of 1812™, Victory™, Cue Ball Wizard™, and Eldorado City of Gold™.

Phantom of the Opera™ and Season Four Pass will also become available Dec. 23rd giving you access to this seasons exciting tables as they are released. Purchasing the season pass saves you $20 vs buying them individually. 

Phantom of the Opera™ (1990): is based on the classic novel from Gaston Leroux, published in 1910. Designed by Joe Kaminkow and Ed Cebula, this game makes excellent use of its license with outstanding audio effects and imagery that tells the story of the Phantom. The playfield features incredible artwork by world-renowned artist, Paul Faris with images of many of the characters from the novel, including the Phantom and Christine Dae. Other notable features are the Catwalk Ramp, Magic Mirror, Trap Door and an Organ that opens for Multi-Ball. The Phantom can even be unmasked and his true face revealed on the back glass! This is the first Data East™ table to be added to the Pinball Arcade. 

PS3 

Season Four will be released for PS3 SCEA December 23rd with Phantom of the Opera™ starting off the Season with Party Zone, Earthshaker™, Starship Troopers™, Addams family™, and many more tables are soon to come! 

Remember: Buying a season pass saves you $20 vs purchasing the tables individually.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#10482 destro4eva   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1169 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

destro4eva

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:51 AM

Thanks for the pinball updates . Still confused if the Season 3 pack for PS3 will be 29.99 or that price plus another 40% off as they mentioned back on Dec 11 with this post. Hoping for the former but expecting the later .

"PS4 Season Two content has just been released for SCEE regions! The Season Two and Thee Bundles will become available December 17th at 40% off the price of the entire season! SCEA (US) is scheduled to release December 23rd!"

#10483 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   2973 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:15 AM

Is there anywhere I can view a sale price history for PSN games?

With the RE-re-make coming soon, nostalgia is eating at me to play some old RE2. It's $6 but I was curious if it'd ever been cheaper. I still have my old black label 2 disc, but I don't want to have to dig out the PS1.

Edit: Damn, why is RE: Director's Cut $10? Seems excessive, considering.

jkimrey: Do it man! It's a steam key - one place for all your games. Plus, you gotta catch 'em all.

#10484 shivan128   CAG at heart CAGiversary!   3751 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:39 AM

Thanks for the pinball updates . Still confused if the Season 3 pack for PS3 will be 29.99 or that price plus another 40% off as they mentioned back on Dec 11 with this post. Hoping for the former but expecting the later .

"PS4 Season Two content has just been released for SCEE regions! The Season Two and Thee Bundles will become available December 17th at 40% off the price of the entire season! SCEA (US) is scheduled to release December 23rd!"

I am hoping for a physical release on these tables. Though digital may be the way to go as long as they are available on the ps4. I would hate to mix and match though since I already own a disc copy of season one.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Monster Monpiece, :3ds: Majora's Mask, :xb1: N/ATM :360: N/ATM, :ps3: N/ATM, :ps4: Dying Light/#KillAllZombies, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#10485 Bercelak   Guardians Volume 3!!!! CAGiversary!   451 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:52 AM

any fighting games especially Capcom's gets delisted..must buy soon. They are worth any local hangout with friends!

Chuck Norris won the 1983 world series of poker despite him holding just a joker, a 2 of clubs, a 7 of spades, and a green number 4 from Uno and a monopoly 'get out of jail free' card.

#10486 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   3973 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:18 PM

I am hoping for a physical release on these tables. Though digital may be the way to go as long as they are available on the ps4. I would hate to mix and match though since I already own a disc copy of season one.

I too am hoping for a disc release for each season on PS4 (already own S1 disc). It sounds like they may be planning a retail release for S2, saw it mentioned several times in the PBA forums: http://pinballarcade...8-Playstation-4

Looks like not until "early 2015" (Jan/Feb) if at all though. Let's hope it happens!

#10487 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2336 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:38 PM

So can FF X-2 (for Vita) not be bought separately? I don't give a crap about X and can't find a way to just get X-2.

#10488 Yars   I'd buy that for a dollar! CAGiversary!   2900 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:41 PM

So can FF X-2 (for Vita) not be bought separately? I don't give a crap about X and can't find a way to just get X-2.

Officially it's only sold as a bundle. You should be able to find a download code for X-2 on eBay though.

#10489 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2336 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:23 PM

Mmm, good point. Thanks.

#10490 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4183 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:34 PM

Unfortunately, you're reading it wrong.

As they say in the other announcement, "We will be releasing the long awaited Season Two bundle for PS4 just in time for Christmas! You will finally be able to get your hands on 19 more beautifully lit tables for $29.99. That is a $20 savings!"

$20 savings means the individually priced tables would be $29.99 + $20, or $50.   

So $30 is already "40% off" the full price of $50.   If you read it again it's clear that's all they mean -- when they say "40% off the price of the entire season" they mean "40% off the price of [buying] the entire season [individually]".    They do not mean an additional discount.

That said, this is effectively a 40% off sale if you don't own any of the S2 tables, which is nice.  Unfortunately, I bought Terminator last month, which just fries my noodles.

#10491 sherlock2g   Like Whoa! CAGiversary!   951 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

sherlock2g

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:33 PM

I finally renewed my 1 year PS+ subscription. I got Child of Light for the Vita. It sucks that it's not crossbuy but I mostly play those games on the vita anyway. 

robsAgeek.png

#10492 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65676 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:44 PM

Trying something new in the OP by moving all of the Cross Buy stuff to its own section.

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#10493 alextastic   keepin' it real. CAGiversary!   1035 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

alextastic

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:38 PM

I've never played Terraria before.

Should I get it on PS4 right now or on my new laptop?

#10494 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   65676 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:19 PM

The new thread is over here:

https://www.cheapass...r-9-pier-solar/

#10495 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   3973 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:20 PM

I've never played Terraria before.

Should I get it on PS4 right now or on my new laptop?

Depends on a couple of things.  First, do you like these types of sandbox adventure games, pixel art, retro graphics, lots of exploring, building, crafting, fighting?  Second, do you prefer kb/mouse to controller?  I played Terraria heavily on the PC and love it, but I do prefer having controller support, especially on the Vita and PS4 versions (both allow zooming the field of view, Vita using touchscreen and PS4 using the touch pad). 

The game absolutely pops on the Vita, looks beautiful and plays great.  But my favorite version is on the Vita, gameplay is just fantastic there and it looks fantastic.

You should check out some reviews online to see what you think, but for the price its on sale now on PSN, it is well worth it IMO.