* * * * - 29 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 12/16: Holiday Sale Wk 3 ($6 Terraria PS4/Vita, $3 Hotline Miami, $7.49 Child of Light, $8 Last Tinker, $9 Pier Solar)

#1321 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:55 PM

2 Weeks, 48 minutes. Yeah I have 4 days in already, so unless I really pick up the pace, I doubt I'll beat that time. So you win.

#1322 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   37024 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:08 PM

Did you already do that hard sniper rifle mission? One where you have to protect a girl or a box or something? If so, that's the hardest one and took me a few tries. Are you playing on Vita or PS3? I was lucky to have both, as some missions are easier on PS3, like that sniper one.

It's a box, and no, I haven't done that one yet. I'm not excited to play it, that's for sure. :headache:

I'm playing on PS3, though I also have the Vita version in digital format (bought for $9 on-sale).

#1323 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:10 PM

The change here is that the Vita store says you can buy it now, which is new. Of course it's also misleading since it implies you can play them as well, which doesn't appear to be the case.

i thought you could always play it on the VITA just needed to download it  though PS3 then vita.    I like it  but would never give 15 for it . maybe 5  tops 

sega collection is worth  it   since you get all 3  phantasy stars and can play them on your vita and a few more rpgs  

#1324 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:18 PM

It's a box, and no, I haven't done that one yet. I'm not excited to play it, that's for sure. :headache:

I'm playing on PS3, though I also have the Vita version in digital format (bought for $9 on-sale).

Yeah, that's the worst one, by far. There was another one too, but I can't remember which. I remember being in the tanker, and basically luring every enemy into the room I started at while planting mines in the hallway to take them out as they approached.

#1325 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:22 PM

Is it just me, or when you look at the below image, is it possible that Chris Pratt could pull of Drake in an Uncharted movie?

Jurassic_World_4.jpg

#1326 rpg  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

Can u open this locations or Only Granny??

2014-06-29-082936.jpg

2014-06-29-083647.jpg

2014-06-29-083933.jpg

Is this the correct path??

2014-06-29-074905.jpg

#1327 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   37024 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:28 PM

Can u open this locations or Only Granny??

attachicon.gif2014-06-29-082936.jpg

attachicon.gif2014-06-29-083647.jpg

attachicon.gif2014-06-29-083933.jpg

attachicon.gif2014-06-29-074905.jpg

The first two are Grannie-only (all CGA Land doors are Grannie-only). For the third, bring the Power Shot and you can get through the barrier.

Yes, that's the correct path. You have to time your hover so you don't also get hit by the patrolling Sword Mudd.

#1328 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1683 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:33 PM

Okay, I might be in the market for a vita so I need a little bit of vita insight here. 

I was thinking of just going new but the Borderlands bundle is sold out everywhere and ebay prices are through the roof.... when did that happen???  I know a few of you have gone with cowboom and awd... any suggestions?

The cartwheel app for Target has a coupon for 10% off portable gaming hardware. It works on 3DS, 2DS, and Vita. If you have a RedCard, you can get an extra 5% off as well. Also, my Target had plenty of the Bordrlands bundles in stock. Shipwreck was also tweeting that his Target had plenty. Might be worth a shot if you have one near you.

#1329 ByeHaveABeautifulTime!  

ByeHaveABeautifulTime!

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:41 PM

The cartwheel app for Target has a coupon for 10% off portable gaming hardware. It works on 3DS, 2DS, and Vita. If you have a RedCard, you can get an extra 5% off as well. Also, my Target had plenty of the Bordrlands bundles in stock. Shipwreck was also tweeting that his Target had plenty. Might be worth a shot if you have one near you.

That would be awesome but I've been checking online and they're cleaned out everywhere.  I know they're not always accurate so I'll just have to check things out when I'm in the area.  Thanks for the heads up. 

#1330 Wrencrest   Fuck Pharmacrest. What an asshole. CAGiversary!   18984 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:02 PM

That would be awesome but I've been checking online and they're cleaned out everywhere.  I know they're not always accurate so I'll just have to check things out when I'm in the area.  Thanks for the heads up. 

Also remember if you are checking Best Buy online they only report items in stock if they have three or more.  I was just at my local Best Buy this morning and they had two BL2 bundles.

#1331 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68607 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:04 PM

http://blog.us.plays...mes-for-712014/

Here's The Drop for this week:

New PlayStation Releases This Week

Child of Light PS Vita
PS Vita — Digital (Already Available on PS4, PS3)

Envisioned as a “Playable Poem” by its creators, Child of Light is a modern reimagining of our childhood fairy tales. Set in the magical world of Lemuria, it takes us on the coming-of-age journey of Aurora, a young girl struggling to save a lost kingdom and her ailing father.

ConstantC
PS3 — Digital

In a distant future, a scientific research station has an accident, and time inside the space station has been completely suspended. Players play a Crisis Rescue Robot equipped with a rotating gravity remote and an ability to make time re-flow locally. In order to prevent enlargement, the player must pass various challenges to repair the space station.

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn
PS3 — Digital

Gundam comes to life in the classic Dynasty Warriors series like never before. Experience the thrill of reliving your favorite epic battles from the Gundam Universe in massive battlefields with hundreds of opponents. Features more than 100 playable Mobile Suits and thrilling story episodes for each series represented.

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
PS4 — Digital

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition is a Metroidvania-style action-platformer set in a magical world inspired by traditional Mexican culture and folklore. Get ready for non-stop fighting action with an extensive move list, including “Intenso” and The Rooster Uppercut. Includes new elite-class enemies, vibrant costumes, and more.

Puddle
PS4 — Digital, Cross Buy (Already Available on PS3, PS Vita)

Dive into Puddle, a physics game unlike any other where you have to guide a puddle of fluid by tilting the environment to the left or right. Play carefully, taking friction, gravity, and temperature into account, and by using the unique properties of each type of fluid in a range of environments.

Sniper Elite 3
PS4, PS3 — Digital, Retail

North Africa, 1942. Germany plans to build a wonder weapon with the power to crush the Allied forces in its path. Sabotage their plans or the resistance is over. Stalk the shadows in silence or go loud in the blink of an eye. Relocate away from danger and hunt on your own terms in expansive, non-linear levels, with more choice and longer shots than ever before.

Demos and Betas

Child of Light — PS Vita Demo

#1332 breakfuss   Malicious Baiter ♥ CAGiversary!   3268 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:18 PM

Does terreria get better? I don't get it.

The deeper you get into Terraria the more apparent it becomes how different it is from Minecraft. They only share the mining/crafting and exploration aspects. Terraria is mostly a combat-driven action platformer - one that becomes fairly challenging (for reasons I won't spoil) toward mid-game. It's why I prefer it over Minecraft, but I can understand it not being everyone's cup of tea.

I've showered it with enough praise but to reiterate, this now my MOST played vita game by a wide margin. I love it.

I do wish the developers had made it more accessible to newcomers or people who prefer to play casually. Probably its biggest fault. But the community is fantastic. Using the wikis or resources like GAF and reddit are a must to get the most out of it.

Playing has really highlighted just how fantastic the resume/pause feature on Vita is. Ugh. I wish they'd hurry and implement this on PS4 (I believe X1 already has it). I know I would't have put this much time in without it.

The trophies. The trophies. The trophies. A good portion of them are great, while the others are flatout terrible. It only cements my feelings on why the system is so broken. I'm willing to BET the majority of (if not all) platinum achievers did not obtain it legitmately. There's just no way. But i guess that's a matter of what you feel is 'legitimate'. It sucks when someone like me who's put countless hours into mastering the game appears less capable of 'completing' it than someone who likely put a fourth of the time in. I probably won't be getting the platinum anytime soon (if at all), but I still highly recommend the game for anyone who wants a solid adventure. As for your complaints about the controls/mobility, they greatly improve with upgrades!

#1333 Investor9872   CAG Supremo! CAGiversary!   2016 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Investor9872

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:22 PM

http://blog.us.plays...mes-for-712014/

Here's The Drop for this week:

That Sniper Elite 3 XBOX version has a 16 GB day-one patch.  Wew!  I'm glad the PS3 version doesn't have that big of a day-one patch.

#1334 Thermopyle  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:34 PM

i thought you could always play it on the VITA just needed to download it  though PS3 then vita.    I like it  but would never give 15 for it . maybe 5  tops 

sega collection is worth  it   since you get all 3  phantasy stars and can play them on your vita and a few more rpgs  

Yes...you could play on Vita via PS3 transfer. Which is what I specifically said was different in my original post, that it now shows you can buy from the Vita (which you could not before) and presumably download to the Vita (which you couldn't before.) I'm well aware of the ability to transfer and called that out in my post. -_-

Sega collection would be worth it if it included the games in the PS3 collection. The PSP collection is missing the Shining games, which I would love to be able to play on portable. Since it doesn't have those, no sale for me.

#1335 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:37 PM

The deeper you get into Terraria the more apparent it becomes how different it is from Minecraft. 

I see what you did.

#1336 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4650 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:38 PM

Yea, but that shouldn't be the expectation for anything purchased from the Vita store. I could see why people would want a refund, even if they have a PS3.

i'm sure they'd give a refund if you called in.   I've gotten a refund before with no muss no fuss.   but it's transferable over a ps3 (even a friends, if req'd) and for anyone that really wants to play it (great game) it's a far better situation than not being able to get it on your vita at all (it's on mine).

licensing nightmare, most likely.

The deeper you get into Terraria the more apparent it becomes how different it is from Minecraft. They only share the mining/crafting and exploration aspects. Terraria is mostly a combat-driven action platformer - one that becomes fairly challenging (for reasons I won't spoil) toward mid-game. It's why I prefer it over Minecraft, but I can understand it not being everyone's cup of tea.

I've showered it with enough praise but to reiterate, this now my MOST played vita game by a wide margin. I love it.

I do wish the developers had made it more accessible to newcomers or people who prefer to play casually. Probably its biggest fault. But the community is fantastic. Using the wikis or resources like GAF and reddit are a must to get the most out of it.

I tried the demo when it came out, and then put another hour or two into it on ps+.  And I know people (like you) love it, but I'm just struggling with the combat.   Not that it's difficult -- more that it seems imprecise and easy to mess up, and I wouldn't want to get deep into the game with a nice fortress and then die to a slime.

For reference, let's use spelunky.   Now, that game is very similiar in a way -- tiny little dude with a short range weapon.   But hot damn is it precise.   I dislike spelunky for different reasons, i just don't like platformers that much, but i did put 5 or 10 hours into it anyway because it's so smooth.   It's hard, but precise, and I felt like i was (generally) in control with my whip, rocks, and various powerups.  As a platformer, it just felt 'right'.

I've never once felt that level of control in combat in terrarria, and it puts me off.   I'd far rather the terrarria 'world' over spelunky (mining, building, exploring) but... yegads.   I dig myself into a pit then spend 5 minutes trying to get platforms built correctly to jump out, then spend another 5 minutes trying to get out, then a slime jumps in the pit with me and i don't have any room to maneuver and i'm dead.   Or I spend 5 minutes trying to build some walls (to bang my head against), then a slime gets in there with me and i'm dead.

perhaps i just need to spend more time with it, which is why i posted.  i'm just not used to finding games particularly 'difficult' from a control perspective.  i like difficult games (be it from a strategy or arcade perspective) but thats assuming the challenge is from the game itself, not me struggling with the controls.

#1337 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:40 PM

I'm pretty sure the only time I died in Terraria was when a boss killed me, or I fell into some lava. If slimes are killing you, you might want to just walk away now.

#1338 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:40 PM

Is Tyler going to be pissed if Netherlands loses? Isn't that one of his teams.

#1339 laundrymatt  

laundrymatt

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:48 PM

Did you already do that hard sniper rifle mission? One where you have to protect a girl or a box or something? If so, that's the hardest one and took me a few tries. Are you playing on Vita or PS3? I was lucky to have both, as some missions are easier on PS3, like that sniper one.

Pretty sure if you transfer your save between Vita/PS3 now, it disables your trophies. So he might not wanna do that if he's thinking about it. Supposedly they did that to disable the auto-pop trophies.

#1340 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:49 PM

was thinking  child of light for the vita but 15 bucks for an 10 hour game.. I think i wait for a sale    for  7.50 or  5

#1341 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:50 PM

Pretty sure if you transfer your save between Vita/PS3 now, it disables your trophies. So he might not wanna do that if he's thinking about it. Supposedly they did that to disable the auto-pop trophies.

Was that a recent patch? When I played, I had no issues. But that was like two years ago at this point.

#1342 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68607 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:51 PM

If you want to make the combat easier, use your axe until you get a broadsword and take advantage of the wide swing arc. 

#1343 laundrymatt  

laundrymatt

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:53 PM

Was that a recent patch? When I played, I had no issues. But that was like two years ago at this point.

I have no idea how recent it was, but was definitely a later patch. I only learned about it cause I have both versions collecting dust and was curious (glad I looked it up though, cause I would have done that myself)

#1344 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:56 PM

I have no idea how recent it was, but was definitely a later patch. I only learned about it cause I have both versions collecting dust and was curious (glad I looked it up though, cause I would have done that myself)

Well that's lame. I can understand why they did it though. I had someone actually call me out on my MGS3 trophies because they didn't know you could auto-pop them by transferring your save. So hopefully Vigisaurus is playing unpatched.

#1345 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:57 PM

Is Tyler going to be pissed if Netherlands loses? Isn't that one of his teams.

Holy shit, that really turned itself around.

#1346 kanamit   This is the end. My only friend, the end CAGiversary!   2737 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:00 PM

Holy shit, that really turned itself around.

It's easy to see why every soccer player falls like he was hit by gunfire...the referees always reward them. I can't believe I wasted 2 hours watching that crap.

#1347 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:02 PM

It's easy to see why every soccer player falls like he was hit by gunfire...the referees always reward them. I can't believe I wasted 2 hours watching that crap.

I was just watching the gamecast on ESPN.com, so I didn't actually see it. But jesus, that was crazy.

#1348 Cleaner7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3351 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:09 PM

2014-06-29-074905.jpg

I finally beat that level last yesterday. It was the only one from the first 20 that I hadn't completed mostly because of that part. When I did beat it it was with 97 diamonds because I didn't jump right down the middle so I had to beat it again. After the checkpoint it gives you an opportunity to jump down from the very top but I knew I'd die more doing that than starting over. Now I have 3 more levels left in the ghost world before going back to complete most of the bonus levels.

#1349 laundrymatt  

laundrymatt

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:24 PM

Well that's lame. I can understand why they did it though. I had someone actually call me out on my MGS3 trophies because they didn't know you could auto-pop them by transferring your save. So hopefully Vigisaurus is playing unpatched.

Yep. I don't think it would matter though if you're playing patched/unpatched. If you transfer your save, don't you have to be signed in? And to be signed in, you'd have to update. So they just killed off the cross-save basically, unless you're not playing for trophies at all. (And who does that?)

#1350 Outrun9   Let's Go! CAGiversary!   635 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

Netherlands stold the game!