* * * * - 29 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 12/16: Holiday Sale Wk 3 ($6 Terraria PS4/Vita, $3 Hotline Miami, $7.49 Child of Light, $8 Last Tinker, $9 Pier Solar)

#2671 The Linguist   .5 man + .5 bear + .5 pig CAGiversary!   413 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

The Linguist

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:28 AM

https://account.sony...dia-list.action

If you grabbed the new PS+ games, they'll have an expiration date next to them on the account page that is when your PS+ sub expires.

Thanks, Frisky and Laundrymatt too. This works but what a weird way of handling this. Seems like the kind of thing that they'd want you to have access to in your account profile.

#2672 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30635 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:29 AM

I shredded Putty Squad best I could in that other thread.  Looks like Cainiac is a fan of the game.

#2673 laundrymatt  

laundrymatt

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:34 AM

I shredded Putty Squad best I could in that other thread.  Looks like Cainiac is a fan of the game.

Awww, I was gonna proclaim it GOTY and that anyone who didn't get it now would be sorry. Yeah he mentioned earlier it wasn't too bad, but he had played the earlier ones. You stuck it out a lot longer than I would have.

#2674 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5064 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:42 AM

Yeah I like it a bit, but I do have nostalgia. Its certainly not worth the $30 they asked for it on release, but I feel $8 is a fair price. I paid $13 the last time it was on sale with GCU and I'd say that's still too much for the average person.

Good news its releasing on Vita soon, so you can all rebuy it to clean up those trophies on the go! Haha.

#2675 rpg  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:53 AM

Good news its releasing on Vita soon, so you can all rebuy it to clean up those trophies on the go! Haha.

:D Waiting for

images.jpeg

#2676 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:55 AM

:D Waiting for

attachicon.gifimages.jpeg

The day I cancel my PS+ and throw the five years I've been waiting to redeem in the garbage.

#2677 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5064 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:59 AM

The day I cancel my PS+ and throw the five years I've been waiting to redeem in the garbage.

If I had your addy I'd order a copy shipped to your house.

#2678 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:15 AM

If I had your addy I'd order a copy shipped to your house.

Well in that case I would cancel my subscription to you.

#2679 GatorBeerGeek   President of the PSN OT Michelle Jenneke fan club CAGiversary!   8612 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

GatorBeerGeek

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:23 AM

Yeah I like it a bit, but I do have nostalgia. Its certainly not worth the $30 they asked for it on release, but I feel $8 is a fair price. I paid $13 the last time it was on sale with GCU and I'd say that's still too much for the average person.

It has been out on Vita for some time.  It and PS4 are what I have the plats for.  The PS3 version is the one that seems to be in limbo.

#2680 ByeHaveABeautifulTime!  

ByeHaveABeautifulTime!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:52 AM

Now that I'm the proud owner of a vita, you guys are gonna have to let me know which games I can load my saves up for some sweet double trophies... nom, nom, nom....

I tried searching for a list but my google skills fail me today. Only one I'm aware of that I own is Sly.

#2681 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10718 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:53 AM

Holy shit that Killzone 3 ending was absolute trash.  The game was borderline trash. Also, I play on veteran thinking there are difficulty trophies. Nope, only for Elite which unlocks after you beat the game.  It would have been more fun to play on recruit.

#2682 Stellar Inertia   Completionist CAGiversary!   4405 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Stellar Inertia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:04 AM

Now that I'm the proud owner of a vita, you guys are gonna have to let me know which games I can load my saves up for some sweet double trophies... nom, nom, nom....

I tried searching for a list but my google skills fail me today. Only one I'm aware of that I own is Sly.

Sound shapes has 3 plats. PS4, PS3, PSVITA.

Sly you mentioned.

Stardrone Extreme as well.

#2683 laundrymatt  

laundrymatt

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:04 AM

Sound Shapes, and Motorstorm RC are the only other ones I can think of.

#2684 laundrymatt  

laundrymatt

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:13 AM

Damn, ninja'd like a mofo and didn't even notice it. I found this list on pst.org. Supposedly all are cross-trophy, but not all have a plat.

psn.pngBig Sky Infinity

psn.pngFoosball 2012
psn.pngJet Set Radio HD
platinum.pngMotorStorm RC - Game & DLC
platinum.pngSound Shapes - Game & DLC
platinum.pngSly Cooper: Thieves in Time
psn.pngStarDrone Extreme

#2685 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:27 AM

Vita doesn't have any games, no idea how you're going to get trophies on it.

#2686 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4667 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:28 AM

I'm one of the people that didn't mind that Death mode in Sound Shapes (required a decent spawn, sure, but who here hasn't grinded a level before?) but the fact that you get two bonus plats for it probably soothes those it did bother.

#2687 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:42 AM

Squids Odyssey is going to be out today on 3DS, though EU people are getting a great deal on it:

Looks like Nintendo is reaching out to the barnacled tentacle (penis) festishist (aka pete).

Spoiler

#2688 Cleaner7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3351 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:36 AM

I finally went back and finished Mutant Blobs Attack on Vita 100% today and then started Guacamelee STCE. I just unlocked the new Intenso power and it seems pretty cool. I'm not sure if it'll make the game too easy since it boosts health and stamina. I still need to 100% the original Guacamelee. Did that dlc ever go on sale?

#2689 ByeHaveABeautifulTime!  

ByeHaveABeautifulTime!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:39 AM

Damn, ninja'd like a mofo and didn't even notice it. I found this list on pst.org. Supposedly all are cross-trophy, but not all have a plat.
psn.pngBig Sky Infinity[/size]

psn.pngFoosball 2012[/size]
psn.pngJet Set Radio HD[/size]
platinum.pngMotorStorm RC - Game & DLC[/size]
platinum.pngSound Shapes - Game & DLC[/size]
platinum.pngSly Cooper: Thieves in Time[/size]
psn.pngStarDrone Extreme[/size]

Sweet, thanks.

I just realized how much I don't know about the vita in general.... there should be a guide in the OP. Anyone want to school me on some vita tips?

#2690 ByeHaveABeautifulTime!  

ByeHaveABeautifulTime!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:45 AM

And I just caught up on everything while I've been "working". I can't believe the dislike in this thread for shotguns.

Other guns are nice too, but its equally satisfying to blow someone's head off when you're up close and personal. Do most of you not MP much?

#2691 DietCokeJunkey   Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? CAGiversary!   1588 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:54 AM

And I just caught up on everything while I've been "working". I can't believe the dislike in this thread for shotguns.

Other guns are nice too, but its equally satisfying to blow someone's head off when you're up close and personal. Do most of you not MP much?

From what it seemed like to me, they were all using the shotguns from far away. Only time I've disliked using a shotgun was when it was the only gun I had ammo for and I had to kill a sniper. I hate when that happens.

#2692 ByeHaveABeautifulTime!  

ByeHaveABeautifulTime!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:07 AM

From what it seemed like to me, they were all using the shotguns from far away. Only time I've disliked using a shotgun was when it was the only gun I had ammo for and I had to kill a sniper. I hate when that happens.

Unless you were playing BF3 back in the day before the patch... now that was some ridiculousness.

I love using shotguns in most games. They were a lot of fun in KZ:SF too.

#2693 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5788 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:21 AM

psn.pngFoosball 2012[/size]
psn.pngJet Set Radio HD[/size]
platinum.pngMotorStorm RC - Game & DLC[/size]
platinum.pngSound Shapes - Game & DLC[/size]
platinum.pngSly Cooper: Thieves in Time[/size]
psn.pngStarDrone Extreme[/size]

Sweet, thanks.

I just realized how much I don't know about the vita in general.... there should be a guide in the OP. Anyone want to school me on some vita tips?

Glad you got a Vita and I bet you've been back to the bathroom to see there's any other gifts. I've had my Vita since launch and if you think of a question feel free to shoot me a PM here or on PSN. 

Welcome to the Vita family. Sony wants to give you a :grouphug:

#2694 ByeHaveABeautifulTime!  

ByeHaveABeautifulTime!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:01 AM

Glad you got a Vita and I bet you've been back to the bathroom to see there's any other gifts. I've had my Vita since launch and if you think of a question feel free to shoot me a PM here or on PSN. 

Welcome to the Vita family. Sony wants to give you a :grouphug:

Thanks; I know most of what I would need to know has been talked about probably dozens of times in this thread but I didn't retain any of it since I didn't need to know it at the time.  I'm sure I'll be picking everyone's brains here and there as the questions come to mind.  I don't think I'm going to open it up until at least this weekend.  Still holding out hope that I might come across one in Target so I can get the 15% off. 

I know the first thing I've gotta do is get a case.  Completely balked at getting the one CAiNiAC recommended from BBY when it was on clearance.  I don't even remember which one it was now Cain, so if you see this could you please refresh my memory?

#2695 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5064 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:35 AM

It was the Vault case. The clearance one should be drying up now, though there may be a few floating about still. The thing is that case was designed for the original model so it was a bit snug for some peoples liking. I think it may have varied case to case though as mime wasn't nearly as bad as others have reported.

However, the new model Vault case has just been released and its designed to cover both models. Its only 20 bucks and I guarantee its worth it.

#2696 Zimm108   That reminds me of prom night CAGiversary!   10981 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:45 AM

You can't beat the Club Nintendo reversible 3DS pouch as a Vita carrying case. That's what I use.

#2697 ByeHaveABeautifulTime!  

ByeHaveABeautifulTime!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:55 AM

It was the Vault case. The clearance one should be drying up now, though there may be a few floating about still. The thing is that case was designed for the original model so it was a bit snug for some peoples liking. I think it may have varied case to case though as mime wasn't nearly as bad as others have reported.

However, the new model Vault case has just been released and its designed to cover both models. Its only 20 bucks and I guarantee its worth it.

Okay, that's what I thought it was.  The clearance one is $16 so it's not a big difference.  I would have thought the old version would be bigger on the new vitas.  I know there was one reviewer on BBY that said the new one was too snug for their taste.  With two crazy kids bouncing off the walls I definitely need to get it something sturdy so I'm sure this will do the trick.  Now to decide if I want to bundle it with LoS2 that's on sale.

EDIT:  Forgot I had $30 sitting in my paypal account from selling some games.  LoS2 bought. 

You can't beat the Club Nintendo reversible 3DS pouch as a Vita carrying case. That's what I use.

You're a wild, crazy man Zimm.

#2698 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3847 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:30 AM

Those work great. Only reason I stopped using it was because I got the case that came with the Persona 4 LE

#2699 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

I just have the sleeve thing I got with the starter kit. I don't travel much with my Vita. Also get the charging stand thing. It's way better than just plugging it in. Mostly because it looks cooler and proudly displays your Vita.

#2700 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1679 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:09 PM

Well, I just now got a PS4 from my wife for my birthday...

...and my first thought was, should I bring it back to Best Buy and re-buy it as the PS4/PS+ bundle.