* * * * * 1 votes

Gamestop Summer Sale July 14th through July 27th

GameStop Summer Sale July Discounts

#31 DaManWitDaPlan   Master of Retail CAGiversary!   37 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

DaManWitDaPlan

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:19 PM

Hmm... I'm really tempted to get Xeno + Metroid Trilogy + Kirby Return for ~$100 (birthday coupon + b2g1). Does anybody know if there might be a good reason to wait? Would those reprints go down lower for black friday (historically)?

Also... Is Kirby Return to Dreamland a gamestop reprint? I didn't realize the game was in such high demand.

#32 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23375 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:52 PM

Hmm... I'm really tempted to get Xeno + Metroid Trilogy + Kirby Return for ~$100 (birthday coupon + b2g1). Does anybody know if there might be a good reason to wait? Would those reprints go down lower for black friday (historically)?

Also... Is Kirby Return to Dreamland a gamestop reprint? I didn't realize the game was in such high demand.

It's tough to say if they'll stick around until then. My GS has an ungodly amount of Wii games, 99% of it being trash, so I can see them wanting to clear it out. But BF isn't too far out so maybe they're planning something big for then. 

#33 Tauro_Fc  

Tauro_Fc

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:57 AM

I would never buy a refurbished system from Gamestop, NEVER! Return it and buy a new one if you can. At least you'll get the 1 year manufacture warranty and optional 3 year extended warranty through Microsoft for $50-60 bucks.

Woah! Really? I was thinking about buying a refurb gamecube or refurb wii with gamecube compatability. What was your experience with them and refurbished systems?

#34 Rolandj24  

Rolandj24

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:15 AM

i bought wolfenstein and dead rising yesterday pre owned, they said nothing about this

but hey, i'm returning them anyway #gamestoprentalservice

#35 Reno Takamiya   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   707 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Reno Takamiya

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:30 AM

I can confirm that it's B2G1 on Wii/DS games. I purchased a "Sea Green 2DS" yesterday, and got the cheapest DS game free. I ended up going with GameStop because Target decided to  Fuck my original order for the same 2DS. They also de-listed it on their site and told me "The manufacturer doesn't make it anymore". Worst of all, was when they cancelled the order without even telling me so I was just waiting and waiting for it to come. It's a shame that happened with Target because they had their 2DS' for $99.00 during a sale that I had purchased it at. 

#36 Kitoro   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   330 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:30 AM

What's the deal with the sudden scarcity of the Sea Green 2DS,anyway? Did they truly put it out of production a month after it released?

#37 walls99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   579 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:36 AM

if they didn't gut every single one of their used DS games I'd be interested. May pop in to pad my 3020+ game collection with cheap Wii games though.

Congrats on your ginormous game collection. Are all these physical games? Where do you have the space for all these ?

#38 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2323 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:06 PM

I somehow found complete copies of Final Fantasy Tactics A2 and FIFA Street 2 for the DS...now to return and rebuy at another gamestop and get 4 more games...

#39 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:26 PM

decided to peek in on this thread. No surprise at a weak sale from gamestop

I somehow found complete copies of Final Fantasy Tactics A2 and FIFA Street 2 for the DS...now to return and rebuy at another gamestop and get 4 more games...

How did you manage that? I thought every single Gamestop started tossing DS cases quite a while back. Its why i stoped checking for games at them. Luck on you, grats on A2 find!

if they didn't gut every single one of their used DS games I'd be interested. May pop in to pad my 3020+ game collection with cheap Wii games though.

Congrats on your ginormous game collection. Are all these physical games? Where do you have the space for all these ?

im curious too.  I need to count but id imagine mine is pretty close to that. For me i had some custom shelves built  that got put in the big closet under the stairs combo'd with some outside my bedroom hallway and some of those storage drawers in my closet in my bedroom... but im running out of room now =P Still have stacks of used games in boxes from gamestop that need to be cleaned/sorted

#40 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! Banned   1790 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:29 PM

Woah! Really? I was thinking about buying a refurb gamecube or refurb wii with gamecube compatability. What was your experience with them and refurbished systems?

i bought a refurbished PS3 from gamestop in february 2010, never had an issue with it

#41 YellowGameboyColor   Banned Banned   3239 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:30 PM

Are the ace attorney games worth it at $18-$20 each? I have 3 I could buy at one gamestop not sure which ones but they're all complete

#42 sherlock2g   Like Whoa! CAGiversary!   1018 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

sherlock2g

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

Are the ace attorney games worth it at $18-$20 each? I have 3 I could buy at one gamestop not sure which ones but they're all complete

The games are great but there are cheaper options. I say wait for the Ace Attorney Trilogy coming to 3DS. If you don't want to wait, those are the asking price for those games. They use to selling at $60/80 at one point before the reprint. 

#43 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! Banned   1790 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

is there a B2G1 free on wii games right now? 

i don't see it on the website

#44 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3586 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:53 PM

is there a B2G1 free on wii games right now?

i don't see it on the website

B2G1 free on Wii/DS games, so feel free to mix and match! Also runs until the 27th!

#45 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2682 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:57 PM

All this info is in the OP with dates.

#46 Kitoro   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   330 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:53 AM

Wait.. The birthday coupon wouldn't do anything when buying 3 equally priced Wii games for this deal, right? I just got all 3 games you mentioned, but figured the bday coupon would be wasted on this.

#47 GrimmTrixX   Shoryuken! CAGiversary!   999 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:59 AM

Well, they're stacked on 2 old metal white shelves that I've had probably since I was 3 years old. lol they def don't make shelving like this if they can support weight like toys as a kid and now thousands of games. But I also have a stand up cabinet that has doors that open and the doors also hold games too. There I have all of my 360, wii, wiiu, PS3, and PSP games and its running out of space, i can fit maybe 2-3 more games in it, so that's like 500 games right there give or take.

One of my metal shelves has roughly 300 PS2 games on first shelf, then roughyl the same number of OG Xbox games, then 3rd shelf has maybe 30 more PS2 games, sega saturn and sega cd games, then the bottom shelf has all my genesis and 32x games on it. On the top of the shelf itself I have gaming related stuff like my master chief helmet Halo 3 legendary edition, random preorder gifts from when I worked at Game Crazy and whatnot.

My other metal shelf has another 45 PS2 games and a small stack of Disc only PS2 games (I went nuts during gamestops PS2 game sale an have bought over 200 games during it). Initially I was against getting incomplete games, buuuuutttt I'd rather have the quantity to bump it up plus they are in working order and if down the line i want a complete one I'll get it, it's mostly random cheapo games. Ok so on the same top of this shelf (this shelf is shorter by 1 shelf length than the other metal one BUT it has deeper shelf space) I also have all of my gamecube, DS and 3DS games. The next shelf had my N64 games and complete GBA games. Next shelf is the majority of my NES games wioth a handful more complete gameboy/gameboy color/gba games. The bottom shelf is all of my SNES games both cart only and complete.

Under my bed I have these large storage bins that slide underneath and I have all my boxed N64 games, my atari jaguar games, complete game gear games, sega master system games, and turbografx 16 games. I also have a game gear carrying case (free from a customer at Game Crazy since they didn't need it and couldn't trade it in so he gave it to me when i mentioned i collect games) and so I crammed all my cart only Game gear games in there. I also have 2 or 3 GBA cases that are meant for the system and some games but i just crammed all 3 with GBA games.

I own every system except PS vita and PS4 but will get them late this year or early next year depending on if they do a bundle with the 2 as is rumored to be the case. I am missing random systems here and there like colecovision, intellivision, and that stuff but i own every mainstream console. I just love games. I'm moving soon and my goal is to have a game room I can call "the vault" and have wall to wall bookshelf style shelving and have them setup more book style. right now theyre in large stacks and that CAN'T be good for the games on the bottom of those stacks. That and its super annoying when I want to play a game thats 3 stacks back and on the bottom. lol

#48 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14779 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:57 PM

The games are great but there are cheaper options. I say wait for the Ace Attorney Trilogy coming to 3DS. If you don't want to wait, those are the asking price for those games. They use to selling at $60/80 at one point before the reprint.

Isn't the Trilogy download only? Also Apollo Justice (Ace Attorney 4) is exclusive to DS.

#49 Tauro_Fc  

Tauro_Fc

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:48 PM

i bought a refurbished PS3 from gamestop in february 2010, never had an issue with it

ok awesome. I think i'm pulling the trigger on this deal. Thanks

#50 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6633 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:58 PM

Where's the latest gamestop birthday coupon? I can't find it.

#51 detectiveconan16   Delicious! CAGiversary!   7167 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:05 PM

Looks like GTA IV complete edition is $13 now, and I still have that 20% off coupon. I was going to buy the two games separate for $10 total, but I'll be getting this instead since I hear that the graphics in the Complete edition are better than the original.

#52 Fatal_   Dango Daikazoku! CAGiversary!   1451 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:07 PM

Looks like GTA IV complete edition is $13 now, and I still have that 20% off coupon. I was going to buy the two games separate for $10 total, but I'll be getting this instead since I hear that the graphics in the Complete edition are better than the original.

Not sure where you heard this? Still a great price though as you get the base game + DLC on disc plus a neat map of the city.

#53 bn222  

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:21 PM

if u can wait til the 28th, thats when those b2g1 coupons kick in. buy the 2 gta games and get a 3rd game free 

#54 bn222  

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:27 PM

Not sure where you heard this? Still a great price though as you get the base game + DLC on disc plus a neat map of the city.

although they may not get the map buying a used copy. but i agree the map is nice. i have the poster on the back of the map displayed along with the one from red dead.

#55 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12301 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:03 AM

the refurbished wii u i got came with a free 1 year warrantee at gamestop :D

#56 Gold47  

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:39 PM

Plan on using that B2G1 deal with several cheap Wii games and Kirby Squeak Squad and Dragon Quest Iv.

#57 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4432 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:21 PM

I did some trades today and didn't get a B2G1 coupon? Is it supposed to be coming on the receipt?

#58 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37622 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:29 PM

I did some trades today and didn't get a B2G1 coupon? Is it supposed to be coming on the receipt?

You only get the B2G1 coupon when you buy games, not trade them in.

#59 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2682 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:43 PM

I have like 30 B2G1 coupons after my Wii game buying last week. I'm going to do one last trip to hit another 10 or so gamestop's on friday so I'll probably get another 30 or so coupons. 

#60 Royal High Knight   CAG's #1 Knucklehead CAGiversary!   5432 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Royal High Knight

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:55 PM

I have like 30 B2G1 coupons after my Wii game buying last week. I'm going to do one last trip to hit another 10 or so gamestop's on friday so I'll probably get another 30 or so coupons. 

Hook a brother up