- - - - -

The 2014-15 Barclays Premier League (EPL) & UEFA Champions League (UCL) Thread

Premier League EPL UCL UEFA Champions League League Soccer Football

#91 kilik64   Carefree, Wherever We May Be CAGiversary!   7597 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:07 PM

This might be the best match Ive ever seen.

Good lord.

#92 kilik64   Carefree, Wherever We May Be CAGiversary!   7597 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:20 PM

Diego costa.

4 goals, 3 matches.

So THIS is what its like to have a good striker.

Fuck me, I had forgotten.

#93 hpbbes   I typo'd my username CAGiversary!   1267 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:22 PM

Falcao? Seriously? That's going to fix a brittle defense and weak central midfield? ESPN called their moves retail therapy which couldn't be more accurate. Spending a ton of money with no rhyme or reason is worse than spending no money in my book.

#94 kill3r7   MiNd ThE GaP CAGiversary!   4638 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:18 PM

YVyJeq1.gif

Agreed. Unless we plan to spend more during the January window it is all for not. Still need a world class CB and CM. 

#95 kilik64   Carefree, Wherever We May Be CAGiversary!   7597 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:27 PM

Yea falcao was dumb for current team, but for future was smart. Reported as a loan to buy deal, if plays well this season will most definitely buy for long term.

Damn international break. I cant WAIT for that Swansea match. 

#96 equistina  

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:31 PM

City traded Negredo to Valencia :/

Way to go >:(

And where/who the eff is Valencia?

#97 kill3r7   MiNd ThE GaP CAGiversary!   4638 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:37 PM

City traded Negredo to Valencia :/

Way to go >:(

And where/who the eff is Valencia?

Valencia CF is a pretty big club that plays in La Liga. Villa, Silva, Mata and Soldado are but a few of the players who have recently worn the Valencia jersey. Negredo is a good pickup for them and a bit of head scratcher for City.

#98 hpbbes   I typo'd my username CAGiversary!   1267 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2014 - 12:54 AM

Ehh anyone watch anything today?

#99 kilik64   Carefree, Wherever We May Be CAGiversary!   7597 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:49 AM

Ehh anyone watch anything today?

Just a little hat trick by Go Diego Go.

7 goals. 4 matches.

Greatest start for a striker in the history of BPL.

Cesc Fabgregas 2 more assists to give him 6 in 4 matches.

Best 2 signings of the summer and its not even close.

Other game I watched was pool/villa

Pool couldnt get right, gave up the early goal and then just could never convert anything. 

Chelsea looking good all alone at the top of the table.

Also who would have picked Villa and Swansea to be in top 3 after 4 matches. What a great start to the season by non power clubs. Hell southhampton in 4th is pretty solid for them too.

This is just poetry in motion. Second goal of match by Costa.

DisgustingQuerulousGrassspider.gif

#100 hpbbes   I typo'd my username CAGiversary!   1267 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:34 PM

Still some time left but it's nice to see us playing with pace and purpose. Hopefully this'll carry us to the win.

#101 kill3r7   MiNd ThE GaP CAGiversary!   4638 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:05 PM

Finally a good performance by United.

Hey what do you know having a proper midfield helps. I thought Blind and Herrera looked great yesterday. Mata played pretty well. Di Maria was excellent, no surprise there. Still worried about the defense, Evans looked shaky again. I'm hoping for a good performance against Leicester and West Ham before we face Everton.

#102 hpbbes   I typo'd my username CAGiversary!   1267 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:56 PM

Amazing what a quarter of a billion will do for us. Seriously though, I was discussing this at work. Since Scholes announced his retirement from England to prolong his United career, look at the central midfielders we have purchased (excluding youth team/academy signings). There have been very few and all except Carrick haven't made an impact. Its about time we made a real investment there.

After typing this out, I feel like I posted this before so apologies if I have.

#103 kilik64   Carefree, Wherever We May Be CAGiversary!   7597 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:59 AM

Wow this thread died.

CFC v city was a pretty solid match, still cant believe that one they tied, and two that lamps scored the goal.

There was a guy who died from it.

https://uk.eurosport...44602--sow.html

#104 kill3r7   MiNd ThE GaP CAGiversary!   4638 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:19 PM

Wow this thread died.

CFC v city was a pretty solid match, still cant believe that one they tied, and two that lamps scored the goal.

There was a guy who died from it.

https://uk.eurosport...44602--sow.html

The truth is that there isn't that much interest outside of a couple of us. GAF has a pretty good football thread. I've been popping up there occassionally.

Anyhow, I missed the United game but saw the highlights... what a disaster our defense is.

#105 kilik64   Carefree, Wherever We May Be CAGiversary!   7597 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:21 PM

The truth is that there isn't that much interest outside of a couple of us. GAF has a pretty good football thread. I've been popping up there occassionally.

Anyhow, I missed the United game but saw the highlights... what a disaster our defense is.

Outside of fantasy, I dont give a care about american football.

#106 hpbbes   I typo'd my username CAGiversary!   1267 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:30 PM

United held on despite Rooney being stupid. Paddy played well I thought.

#107 Bathory   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   524 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:33 AM

Going to revive this thread for this,

33lh7ir.jpg

Kickoff is at 4pm ET/1pm PT

Here's an article on how to watch the game in the US.

Link

Also, here's another informative article about other streaming services that include various soccer networks that have rights to different soccer leagues.

Link

#108 kingtut313   What Up Doe CAGiversary!   239 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

kingtut313

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:42 PM

Messi has been in amazing form lately.