[CURRENTLY DEAD] Free month of Xbox Live Gold tutorial for ANY silver account! (Valid and functional payment method and Xbox 360 console needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnnyBolt

CAGiversary!
9th January 2015 update: I'm sorry to say, but it seems this method is no longer working because the tiles within the "Explore Xbox Live" tile have been changed and you can no longer find the "What's in Gold" tile. Most likely, it will stay dead, unfortunately; I'll update this thread if I hear about any alternatives.

Alright, so I should start off saying that I did not find this myself, but a user at Hackforums and Se7ensins called Sparky56p.

So, to make it clear, you are eligible for this, if: the account you want this month of Gold on is Silver (has Free Membership) at the moment and it has a valid and functional payment method attached to it. You also need access to an Xbox 360.

Here's the breakdown:

1. Sign in to Live on your Xbox 360 with any account.

2. Go to System Settings, Language and Locale and change the locale to United States.

3. Sign out of your Live account.

4. On the dashboard, the Home tab you should see the tile "Explore Xbox Live"; access it.

5. Sign in to the account you want to put the month of Gold on.

6. Access the tile "Xbox Live Gold" (What's in Gold) and then press "A" to open up the window for accepting the free month.

7. Press "Confirm Purchase" and if the transaction went through successfully, it should give you a message congratulating you for your purchase of Xbox Live Gold.

IMPORTANT: If the window with "Confirm Purchase", after you press on that option, disappears without any message, then there is something wrong with the payment option it is attempting to use. To fix that, remove all payment options from that account and add a single one that you know for absolute sure that it will work to purchase content on Xbox Live with. You can even try purchasing a piece of content with a very small price like some gamer pictures to test out if your payment option is functional on Xbox LIVE. 

This process will NOT work if your default payment option on the account you're using is not functional on Xbox LIVE! You do not have the possibilty to change the payment option before confirming the free month (the button is greyed out) and by default the payment option used by the system is the last one you added to the account and if that one is not functional, the process will fail.

P.S. Remember to disable automatic renewal, so it doesn't charge the used payment method 9.99$ the following month. Link for that: https://account.xbox.com/en-US/Subscriptions/Manage

Last edited by a moderator:
Might want to mention you need a valid payment method for this to work.

Might want to mention you need a valid payment method for this to work.
I hope you're not serious... I mentioned it 4-5 times, including the title lol. If what you're referring to is that I made it way too detailed, well I did so in order to provide possible solutions to possible issues people might encounter and explain exactly how it should be if it worked correctly.

Great tut, but may not want to keep it on CAG if you want it to keep working. There's been multiple exploits fixed before.
As long as no retard asks Microsoft Support why this thing doesn't work for him (like last time -.-), this should go on for at least a few months.

Can you get Game with Gold through this method???

Reason I ask is because I don't need a gold right now, school and all, but I do like to get Dishonored for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you get Game with Gold through this method???

Reason I ask is because I don't need a gold right now, school and all, but I do like to get Dishonored for free.
Yes, from this method you get actual/real "paid" Gold for a month; it is NOT a trial.

Not sure if I'm allowed to bump this post, but I'll do it and if I'm told it's against the rules, I won't do it again. I'd like this to stay on the first page at least for some time. It would be a shame for this very easy worldwide method to go under the radar. I notice it gets quite a bunch of views, but not too many people bother to reply...

Trust me, you don't want to get it too popular. Or else people start abusing it and selling it. Then people find out and then they patch it and possibly ban those who used it, all because it became too popular

Trust me, you don't want to get it too popular. Or else people start abusing it and selling it. Then people find out and then they patch it and possibly ban those who used it, all because it became too popular
Yup, you should have seen how many persons were selling it at ebay

you can also get it from xbox.com if you go to this link:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live?xr=shellnav#fbid=oUWAk33Zr_w

just click Join Today and you will then be able to get your free month for 0.00, you will still need a credit card though
That will only work for accounts which have never had Gold before and it has been known for a very long time. It's the same as going to this link: https://account.xbox.com/en-US/subscriptions . The only way as of now to get a month of real Gold for an older account is by following the method I posted here.

If anyone is dumb enough to have that question, take it to yahoo answers, they love these types of questions.

Since silver account is required, I'd say about the likeliness of you entering your credit card numbers again.

Has anyone tried this in the last few days? I'm going to give this a shot when I get home tonight
yup, It's still working =), one of my friends runned out of gold yesterday and after an hour he didn't have gold he was able to activate the month without any problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back