Re-Join Gamefly for $1

In my experience, $1 for shitty service is a waste of $1 AND it's not generosity that's driving this promotion, I assure you. More like desperation.

GF used to provide great shipping speed to me, years ago, but now... my God, took 2 weeks to get games that were supposedly available and fucking forget about seeing a new release anytime soon after it's launch. I dunno who took over, but they screwed the GF pooch for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my experience, $1 for shitty service is a waste of $1 AND it's not generosity that's driving this promotion, I assure you. More like desperation.

GF used to provide great shipping speed to me, years ago, but now... my God, took 2 weeks to get games that were supposedly available and fucking forget about seeing a new release anytime soon after it's launch. I dunno who took over, but they screwed the GF pooch for me.
It's $1. Calm down.

Great deal. Already saw email, but won't be joining now--with Black Friday on the horizon. Thanks anyways OP :)

Its only a buck. Been with gamefly for 2 years. In my experience its been good overall. Past 3 weeks have been awful tho. Time it takes just to ship a game is ridiculous.

have to agree. Tried them over the summer when it wasn't even a good season for gaming, and they really struggled getting me games like wolfenstein and watch dogs.  Hard to imagine paying 22 bucks a month, and wasting a week or two just to have a game shipped out.

I've avoided Gamefly ever since I heard people never getting the games they wanted unless it was something like Assassin's Creed 2 or Halo 3. I'm not gonna pay $16+ a month to wait 2-3 weeks for a new game.

Yeah, screw GF. Their customer service is un- fuck ing-believable.

I'm perfectly calm, dude.

And the amount is irrelevant. It's the principle of supporting a poor service/business practice(s).
How is paying them one dollar for their service supporting them? They don't ship for free. If they only make a dollar off you, they're going to lose money...

How is paying them one dollar for their service supporting them? They don't ship for free. If they only make a dollar off you, they're going to lose money...
I'm sure increasing their user/subscriber count benefits them in some way, be it through advertising or marketing revenues. Boosting users numbers is typically a tactic to increase interest if you intend to sale the business. They just unloaded their digital download service, so they may be looking to sell the physical media side, too. Not to mention those who forget to cancel their membership after the trial and are charged regular prices.

Nevermind. Just rejoined. Really wanna play The Wolf Among Us and Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition.

Maybe GTA V, Far Cry 4, WWE 2K15 for next?

have to agree. Tried them over the summer when it wasn't even a good season for gaming, and they really struggled getting me games like wolfenstein and watch dogs. Hard to imagine paying 22 bucks a month, and wasting a week or two just to have a game shipped out.
I pay 12.16 per month for 2 games out.

I doubt it's desperation... more like "You are probably thinking about buying a bunch of games now that all these black friday ads are coming out. Remember, you can rent them from us for cheap."

I pay 12.16 per month for 2 games out.
you must be on some special promo because I've had the 2 discs out at a time option at $22.95 for the whole time there. 12.16 is reasonable but it still feels dirty to lose at least a week of your alotted time due to processing/delays.

Pre-renting games definitely works the best, get the games within a few days, at least I do anyway.  Other then that, yes it's pretty bad waiting times. 

Got an email too. I always take advantage of this deal since there's a lot of games from months ago that I've wanted to play but not buy. Unfortunately, it's coming at a bad time with Black Friday and all. I still have three months on a gift card I bought for myself to use as well which I'll use this summer to rent FC4 and AC:U.

Don't sign up and expect to get the newest games delivered. There has to be something released a few months ago that you want to play. I always try to put the new games in the top 3 in my queue nonetheless. I've only gotten Max Payne 3 a few days after it came out.

i rec'd gamefly as a gift, and kept it for 2 years...it worked great for me when I had it, but you have to know how to game the system.  

btw, I generally received new games on day of release for most of the 2 years I had the service.  plus early access to game sales that I usually just flipped to BBUY/Amazon for profit.

like i said, just have to know how to game the system.  

Thanks for the link. I been thinking of getting Gamefly again, but wanted to wait until something like this popup first.

You guys don't want to go to the store and pick up the games yourself. You want postmen to do your work for you. Well before you know it they'll be in your house and working on your wife. It happened to us with the milk man and it'll happen to you.

Whatever. It's $1. 

That being said, I'll definitely cancel after the month. There's a reason I have not subscribed to Gamefly in years.

I took advantage of that email yesterday and woke up to AC Rogue and Wolfenstein coming my way. Yay!

Can't really beat that for $1 (assuming you remember to cancel afterward).

I got the e-mail and was happy to confirm my fellow CAG's are in and out (within a month) for a buck.  I've been waiting for a sale on the digital download of Diablo 3: RoS for the Xbone and this will help tide me over...even if I only get it for a couple of weeks maybe...

With BLack Friday and the games releasing in November, I doubt I'll rejoin GF for renting games. I saved more money with GCU than GF.

Be careful, I tried re-joining and it charged me the full amount :/
Did you rejoin through the 1 dollar link? and they charged you even though it says $1 dollar when you click through.

If they did that (which is really deceptive and underhand) you can contact your cc company and file a dispute for wrong amount charged and show them the link if they need proof. Hate shady companies that do stuff like that.

Did you rejoin through the 1 dollar link? and they charged you even though it says $1 dollar when you click through.

If they did that (which is really deceptive and underhand) you can contact your cc company and file a dispute for wrong amount charged and show them the link if they need proof. Hate shady companies that do stuff like that.

Not even worth it. Delivery is as slow as molasses.
They've been faster in my area than they used to be. They send out the new rental when a certain barcode is scanned at the sorting facility. That makes getting the game a couple of days faster, at least in my experience.

Got a free month last month. Haven't used them for years. Shipping surprisingly fast for me. Two days to get a game. Next game ships 24hrs after I put the return in the mail. Played Walking dead season one and two for XBO Metal Gear, Wolfenstien. They are shipping out Wolf among us and have time to play one more game before trial runs out. That was a good deal hahaha. I may even pay for a membership after the holidays. 

bread's done
Back