* * * * - 13 votes

Cheap 3DS Games 2.0 - It's Back

3ds clearence pokemon mario cheap sale save deals thread

#61 wishlish   Nerd. CAGiversary!   62 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

wishlish

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:58 PM

I'm just getting into buying 3DS games since I'm late to owning one, man these are some expensive little bastards! Not to mention apparently GS no longer "keeps" the original game cases on trade-ins due to shelf space! WTF! Isn't the 3DS like one of the best selling systems at the moment? You would think they would bump something else to keep space for them. :(

Anyway, I'm having a hell of a time getting a decent price on Zelda: Link Between Worlds & finding a used copy complete, any suggestions other than eBay where apparently everyone has no problem spending msrp on used copies!

I've decided that for my 3ds collection, I don't need to keep the original game cases. I'm not selling these. I'm just going to get one of those Club Nintendo card cases and store them in there. This will make portability a lot easier. Plus I need less plastic crap in my life.

#62 matrix9280   CAGiversary! Banned   1839 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

matrix9280

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:30 PM

Gamestop is destroying 3ds cases? Shit. I best get those Club Nintendo codes out of them ASAP.

#63 tylerdurden10   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   370 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

tylerdurden10

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:41 PM

Gamestop is destroying 3ds cases? Shit. I best get those Club Nintendo codes out of them ASAP.

If they are still good, the last few games I got all were redeemed already. I'm sure it's the employees taking them anyway. lol

#64 typesdragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   204 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

typesdragon

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:57 PM

I just bought the Lego Batman 3 for the 3ds, but where is the nintendo code?  I see a manual, but no sheet for club nintendo.  Is there another way to earn points?

#65 playing_poker   Waiting for LU season 2 CAGiversary!   78 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

playing_poker

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:03 PM

I just bought the Lego Batman 3 for the 3ds, but where is the nintendo code?  I see a manual, but no sheet for club nintendo.  Is there another way to earn points?

Check on the inside of the front cover.

#66 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10676 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:35 PM

Check on the inside of the front cover.

Also, not all games come with CN codes.  I forget the pattern to which ones do and don't, I'm sure someone else hear can enlighten us. :)

But yes, newer games (3DS and Wii-U) now print the codes on the inside of the artwork.

#67 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2297 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:12 PM

I'm surprised of the lack of RPGs a la Bravely Default that are out for the 3DS right now. 

Speaking of, who here has played Fantasy Life?

#68 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3586 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:18 PM

I'm surprised of the lack of RPGs a la Bravely Default that are out for the 3DS right now.

Fun game. Just be aware, it could suck you in like Animal Crossing / Tomodachi Life. I play with my girlfriend and the art style is pretty cute lol

#69 epobirs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8515 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:40 PM

Another obscure item for GameStop is Crush. This was originally a PSP exclusive but is really made for the 3DS since the gameplay is driven by shifting between 2D and 3D. Anyway, it's $9.99 new and $2.99 used. It is a GameStop exclusive, at least for new condition.

#70 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2787 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:00 PM

Also, not all games come with CN codes. I forget the pattern to which ones do and don't, I'm sure someone else hear can enlighten us. :)

But yes, newer games (3DS and Wii-U) now print the codes on the inside of the artwork.

I think it's games published by Nintendo or exclusive to Nintendo platforms. At least, that's seemed to be the case for me, but it's not like I'm buying multi platform games for Nintendo systems.

#71 neb9  

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:11 PM

I'm kind of interested in this game but I picked up Rune Factory 4 and just couldn't get into it. Is it similar? If I find it in the $20-$25 range I'll bite.

#72 alextastic   keepin' it real. CAGiversary!   1092 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

alextastic

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:33 PM

Fantasy life is cute. It's fun. It's relaxing. You pretty much spend the entire game doing what would be considered side missions in a more epic, intense RPG. You literally just go around completing little tasks, which vary depending on what job you currently have. The music and art style are great, and the dialogue is well written and pretty funny. Just don't expect to feel like you're saving the world or progressing a complex plot.

#73 Petey Parker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   722 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Petey Parker

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:45 PM

I love Fantasy Life. I'm at almost 70 hours right now. The story is nothing special but it's a lot of fun doing the various lives. I lose track of time when I'm playing because I want to just do one more task and then next thing I know, it's an hour later.

#74 patcrazystar64   Human Android CAGiversary!   673 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

patcrazystar64

Posted 10 January 2015 - 07:18 PM

LEGO Batman 3 has it.

https://club.nintend...ble-products.do

#75 JohnnySucco  

JohnnySucco

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:54 PM

LEGO Batman 3 has it.

https://club.nintend...ble-products.do

Digitally, yes.  Retail copies do not have points.  No insert and nothing on the inside cover. 

#76 Kuroko   Frugal Princess CAGiversary!   148 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:40 PM

Finally, my favorite thread makes a comeback!

#77 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1505 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:49 PM

Another obscure item for GameStop is Crush. This was originally a PSP exclusive but is really made for the 3DS since the gameplay is driven by shifting between 2D and 3D. Anyway, it's $9.99 new and $2.99 used. It is a GameStop exclusive, at least for new condition.

I'm pretty sure crush sold poorly, I picked up a "used" copy at GameStop that was probably converted from new because it was still in the original plastic

#78 latin trident   Banned Banned   935 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

latin trident

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:50 AM

Is crush worth picking up for $3?

#79 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4634 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:10 AM

I'm pretty sure crush sold poorly, I picked up a "used" copy at GameStop that was probably converted from new because it was still in the original plastic

from Gamestop [...] in original plastic

#80 cg8889   Gamer Dad CAGiversary!   970 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:22 AM

Know it's not the best deal because it is normally $29.99 but Mario Golf World Tour is an amazing Mario Golf title and it is $25.99 ($20.79 after GCU). Been losing hours playing golf.

#81 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10130 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:25 AM

I'm just getting into buying 3DS games since I'm late to owning one, man these are some expensive little bastards! Not to mention apparently GS no longer "keeps" the original game cases on trade-ins due to shelf space! WTF! Isn't the 3DS like one of the best selling systems at the moment? You would think they would bump something else to keep space for them. :(

Anyway, I'm having a hell of a time getting a decent price on Zelda: Link Between Worlds & finding a used copy complete, any suggestions other than eBay where apparently everyone has no problem spending msrp on used copies!

The problem with some of these games, especially first party, is that they retain there value. Keep your eyes open here at CAG, Sears/Kmart, wait for TRU to have a b1g1 40% off or like you said eBay but be persistent.

#82 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1505 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 11 January 2015 - 12:48 PM

I'm not lying, I don't have the receipt but this picture shows my copy of crush is still sealed. The GameStop employee was surprised too. Another one for the backlog

#83 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2787 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:50 PM

Know it's not the best deal because it is normally $29.99 but Mario Golf World Tour is an amazing Mario Golf title and it is $25.99 ($20.79 after GCU). Been losing hours playing golf.

I just wish I could play as Waluigi or any of the actual characters in the career mode instead of being stuck as a dumbass Mii. But yeah, it is fun.

#84 Wii Fit Trainer   Get Fit CAGiversary!   277 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Wii Fit Trainer

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:01 PM

Shin Megami Tensei IV is $15.99 now. $12.79 with GCU.

#85 latin trident   Banned Banned   935 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

latin trident

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:23 PM

Great find! My backlog is too big to add one more.

#86 URABAHN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:09 PM

Thank you! I would not have known otherwise. I had to Return/Rebuy in store, but I saved a few bucks.

#87 kme06d   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   876 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2015 - 09:14 PM

Thanks. Picked up a used copy today for $3. I've had the game on my Amazon wishlist for a while now and just couldn't pay the $12 for it. I'm glad I waited. Game/case looks new.

#88 Pekola   Tomorrow Is Mine CAG in Training   21 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:35 PM

Is it possible to Price Match this at the store?

I was trying to do Pick Up at Store but they don't have that feature available here.

#89 Wii Fit Trainer   Get Fit CAGiversary!   277 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Wii Fit Trainer

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:56 PM

I was trying to do Pick Up at Store but they don't have that feature available here.

Yeah if they have it. Not sure if GCU would work, though.

#90 URABAHN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:05 AM

I was trying to do Pick Up at Store but they don't have that feature available

CS Rep said they actually can't price match the online order in store.  I ordered it a few days ago when it was $21 and had it shipped to my address.  It came yesterday and today I went into the store with the packing receipt, and return/rebuy.