Cheap 3DS Games 2.0 - It's Back

umbry

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (95%)
vqucrx.png

*image made by Pekola

It's back. 2.0. Slowly rebuilding the thread and searching for deals.
A thread for us to keep track of cheap 3DS games and upcoming releases and deals,
If you have any deals post them in the thread and I will try and update the OP.
Or if you have deal questions ask here and we will try and help you out.

SALE SECTION

Key

SALE = SALE / AD SALE
CLE = Clearance meaning YRMV

Amazon

Bravely Second: End Layer - $24.94

- Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash - $9.68

- Codename S.T.E.A.M. - $9.15
Final Fantasy Explorers - $14.99

LBX: Little Battlers eXperience - $8.85
Return to PopoloCrois: A STORY OF SEASONS Fairytale - $14.50

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call - $12.53

Best Buy

Frys

GameStop

Target

Toy R Us

Walmart

GoHastings

UPCOMING 3DS Games Section

Monster Hunter Stories - 9/8
Metroid: Samus Returns - 9/15
Pokemon Gold/Silver - 9/22
Culdcept Revolt - 10/3
LAYTON’S MYSTERY JOURNEY: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy - 10/6
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions - 10/6
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond The Myth - 10/17
Pokemon Moon & Pokemon Sun -  11/17
Fire Emblem Warriors - 12/31
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology - 3/31                                                                   
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux3/31 (pre-order now since it is $29)

Digimon Universe : Appli Monsters

Monster Tale Ultimate - TBA
Donkey Kong Land - TBA
Mighty No 9 - TBA
New Atelier Rorona - TBA
Theatrhythm: Dragon Quest - TBA

Hope for The West

Terry's 3D Wonderland
Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3

e-shop Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just getting into buying 3DS games since I'm late to owning one, man these are some expensive little bastards! Not to mention apparently GS no longer "keeps" the original game cases on trade-ins due to shelf space! WTF! Isn't the 3DS like one of the best selling systems at the moment? You would think they would bump something else to keep space for them. :(

Anyway, I'm having a hell of a time getting a decent price on Zelda: Link Between Worlds & finding a used copy complete, any suggestions other than eBay where apparently everyone has no problem spending msrp on used copies!

I'm just getting into buying 3DS games since I'm late to owning one, man these are some expensive little bastards! Not to mention apparently GS no longer "keeps" the original game cases on trade-ins due to shelf space! WTF! Isn't the 3DS like one of the best selling systems at the moment? You would think they would bump something else to keep space for them. :(

Anyway, I'm having a hell of a time getting a decent price on Zelda: Link Between Worlds & finding a used copy complete, any suggestions other than eBay where apparently everyone has no problem spending msrp on used copies!
Maybe check Sams Club.

I think the issue is that they aren't able to phase out PS3 and X360 yet. Last gen, they were able to quickly drop original Xbox stuff due to lack of continued support by MS. This is the first time MS and Sony have both continued to support two gens for a lengthy period of time (it's been a year and new games are still coming out on PS3 and X360).

Add in the fact that GS is still carrying Wii stuff plus all the Skylanders, Infinity, and Amiibo figurines, and you can understand how they quickly run out of shelf space.

K-Mart had them for $20 new. Don't know if the price still shows that online but a lot of people PM'ed that to BB or Target.

Nintendo rarely overprints their games so there is no over abundance of their games. Plus people generally keep Nintendo games. You just have to be patient and check this thread frequently. Best Buy puts 3ds games on sale frequently. And Target had good sales with the $1 preorder cards last year.

Also check the Amazon Warehouse Thread for used games.

I also forgot to mention the Gamefly used sales. You can find good deals there.
Yeah I was going to just buy it there since they have a "keep it" option for $24.99 which would guarantee the original case & manual, but of course they no longer offer free shipping during trial offers! :(

Not sure if this belongs here or not, but Target and Amazon both have Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate pre-orders for $29.99, and I think the MSRP is $39.99 (at least according to BB, Amazon, and Gamestop).

Edit: I see there is already a thread about that deal, carry on.

I've decided that for my 3ds collection, I don't need to keep the original game cases. I'm not selling these. I'm just going to get one of those Club Nintendo card cases and store them in there. This will make portability a lot easier. Plus I need less plastic crap in my life.

I just bought the Lego Batman 3 for the 3ds, but where is the nintendo code?  I see a manual, but no sheet for club nintendo.  Is there another way to earn points?

I just bought the Lego Batman 3 for the 3ds, but where is the nintendo code? I see a manual, but no sheet for club nintendo. Is there another way to earn points?

Check on the inside of the front cover.
Also, not all games come with CN codes. I forget the pattern to which ones do and don't, I'm sure someone else hear can enlighten us. :)

But yes, newer games (3DS and Wii-U) now print the codes on the inside of the artwork.

I'm surprised of the lack of RPGs a la Bravely Default that are out for the 3DS right now. 

Speaking of, who here has played Fantasy Life?

I'm surprised of the lack of RPGs a la Bravely Default that are out for the 3DS right now.

Fun game. Just be aware, it could suck you in like Animal Crossing / Tomodachi Life. I play with my girlfriend and the art style is pretty cute lol

Another obscure item for GameStop is Crush. This was originally a PSP exclusive but is really made for the 3DS since the gameplay is driven by shifting between 2D and 3D. Anyway, it's $9.99 new and $2.99 used. It is a GameStop exclusive, at least for new condition.

Also, not all games come with CN codes. I forget the pattern to which ones do and don't, I'm sure someone else hear can enlighten us. :)

But yes, newer games (3DS and Wii-U) now print the codes on the inside of the artwork.
I think it's games published by Nintendo or exclusive to Nintendo platforms. At least, that's seemed to be the case for me, but it's not like I'm buying multi platform games for Nintendo systems.

I'm kind of interested in this game but I picked up Rune Factory 4 and just couldn't get into it. Is it similar? If I find it in the $20-$25 range I'll bite.

Fantasy life is cute. It's fun. It's relaxing. You pretty much spend the entire game doing what would be considered side missions in a more epic, intense RPG. You literally just go around completing little tasks, which vary depending on what job you currently have. The music and art style are great, and the dialogue is well written and pretty funny. Just don't expect to feel like you're saving the world or progressing a complex plot.

I love Fantasy Life. I'm at almost 70 hours right now. The story is nothing special but it's a lot of fun doing the various lives. I lose track of time when I'm playing because I want to just do one more task and then next thing I know, it's an hour later.

Another obscure item for GameStop is Crush. This was originally a PSP exclusive but is really made for the 3DS since the gameplay is driven by shifting between 2D and 3D. Anyway, it's $9.99 new and $2.99 used. It is a GameStop exclusive, at least for new condition.
I'm pretty sure crush sold poorly, I picked up a "used" copy at GameStop that was probably converted from new because it was still in the original plastic

Know it's not the best deal because it is normally $29.99 but Mario Golf World Tour is an amazing Mario Golf title and it is $25.99 ($20.79 after GCU). Been losing hours playing golf.

The problem with some of these games, especially first party, is that they retain there value. Keep your eyes open here at CAG, Sears/Kmart, wait for TRU to have a b1g1 40% off or like you said eBay but be persistent.

Know it's not the best deal because it is normally $29.99 but Mario Golf World Tour is an amazing Mario Golf title and it is $25.99 ($20.79 after GCU). Been losing hours playing golf.
I just wish I could play as Waluigi or any of the actual characters in the career mode instead of being stuck as a dumbass Mii. But yeah, it is fun.

[quote name="epobirs" post="12400367" timestamp="1420908000"]Another obscure item for GameStop is Crush. This was originally a PSP exclusive but is really made for the 3DS since the gameplay is driven by shifting between 2D and 3D. Anyway, it's $9.99 new and $2.99 used. It is a GameStop exclusive, at least for new condition.[/quote]
Thanks. Picked up a used copy today for $3. I've had the game on my Amazon wishlist for a while now and just couldn't pay the $12 for it. I'm glad I waited. Game/case looks new.

Is it possible to Price Match this at the store?

I was trying to do Pick Up at Store but they don't have that feature available

I was trying to do Pick Up at Store but they don't have that feature available here.
CS Rep said they actually can't price match the online order in store. I ordered it a few days ago when it was $21 and had it shipped to my address. It came yesterday and today I went into the store with the packing receipt, and return/rebuy.

I was trying to do Pick Up at Store but they don't have that feature available here.
Yeah if they have it. Not sure if GCU would work, though.
CS Rep said they actually can't price match the online order in store. I ordered it a few days ago when it was $21 and had it shipped to my address. It came yesterday and today I went into the store with the packing receipt, and return/rebuy.
PM in-store (even a PM of bestbuy.com) negates GCU discount. Best Buy had World of Tanks for $20 and the website had it for $18 and I tried to get the store to adjust to the price after GCU and the lady next to my cashier said without looking at anything that it was double dipping (still pissed about that). So I whip out my phone and order it for in-store pickup and leave with it ten minutes later.

I know this is going to sound bad but these games should be cheaper than that. Theses don't seem like sale prices . I shouldn't even be posting because it's rude and I know but I really don't have the intentions but IDE like to see great titles posted for cheap or even $5 off. That to me would be worth buying. Also just my opinion.

I know this is going to sound bad but these games should be cheaper than that. Theses don't seem like sale prices . I shouldn't even be posting because it's rude and I know but I really don't have the intentions but IDE like to see great titles posted for cheap or even $5 off. That to me would be worth buying. Also just my opinion.
Well, thanks for your opinion.

It would appear this thread is not for you, but for the other CAG that like and use this thread.

Thanks and enjoy the rest of your day.

"Cheap" is in the eye of the beholder. I don't consider retail price CEs a bargain on any level, but some do.

Would you care to share some of these great cheap titles you seem to know about?

bread's done
Back