* * * * - 13 votes

Cheap 3DS Games 2.0 - It's Back

3ds clearence pokemon mario cheap sale save deals thread

#121 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:37 AM

What is this crush 3d game you guys keep talking about? The cover looks like shovelware

Yeah, there are lot's of retailers that you would never guess sale games. Often times it's not nationwide, so only certain stores may actually sale games. Often times it's not big business, so they'll consolidate inventory the the busiest or most profitable locations, and if your in a not so great area, you might never see games locally. I've been going to Khols for years, and never knew they sold games until I saw them here.

No joke.  They even had Arkham City on the Wii U for $6 along with some PS3 and 360 games.  I picked up Disney Sing It for my son for $10 with mic.  

:lol: I'd never heard of it either, but if there are any * Mama series completionists out there, get to it!

well i'll be damned, thats weird but good to know, thanks guys. 

#122 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1661 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:51 PM

Ya places like Big Lots , Family Dollar and chain places like that have video games. Usually mostly cheap shovel ware but sometimes you can find good stuff. I once found some dragon quest titles for $10. Finished my collection and gifted the others.

#123 Jayg2015  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:17 PM

Not sure why all the hate for your post, I guess people are taking what you said personally?  To each their own.  Me personally, I try to wait for extreme sales (BOGO, 50% off, etc.) before I start considering buying a 3DS game.  Unless it's a limited LE (like Majora's Mask), then I jump on it like a spider monkey.

I am like you as well. $2 off a title no one ever plays doesn't seem like a deal to me. But it's just my opinion like I said. I knew people would be mad but I don't mean to hurt those people feelings that quoted me. Some even went and found gifs to post because it hurt their feelings so much.
But just like u chandler bong, I love a great deal

#124 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1661 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:30 PM

I am like you as well. $2 off a title no one ever plays doesn't seem like a deal to me. But it's just my opinion like I said. I knew people would be mad but I don't mean to hurt those people feelings that quoted me. Some even went and found gifs to post because it hurt their feelings so much.
But just like u chandler bong, I love a great deal

I was not throwing any shade your way.

This thread is to help people find cheap 3DS games.

Cheap to you maybe different to another person.

#125 Daisydog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1153 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:06 AM

Know it's not the best deal because it is normally $29.99 but Mario Golf World Tour is an amazing Mario Golf title and it is $25.99 ($20.79 after GCU). Been losing hours playing golf.

Sears has a similar deal.

Mario Golf:World Tour for $19.99

http://www.sears.com...=1&blockType=G1

I had a coupon from Sears and bought it two weeks ago, like a fool, for $6 more. I haven't even unwrapped it yet, but figured I'd share how to get a good deal.

There's a couple ways to go about this: It's showing up available for shipping so you can price match at various retailers. Or if you have a Shop Your Way Max account (you can sign up for a free trial) it will ship for free.

Also to make it better, if you have a Shop Your Way Rewards account (free to sign up) check it for a coupon they randomly give out that is for $10 off a $20 purchase. Pop a filler item into your cart like: 2-IN-1 Stubby Camoflague Screwdriver - $0.97 or Craftsman 4 in 1 Slotted Screwdriver Keychain -  $0.99 Choose in-store pick up for your filler item and let the game ship. Your total should be just under $11 before tax :D/

(Don't forget to eventually pick up your filler item from sears. Don't know if they penalize you for not picking up your stuff)

Ugh, it looks like fun. I wish I had time to play games. I have a whole shelf-worth of em' I've barely played and all I can tell myself is someday! :-({|=

#126 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:14 AM

A single shelf of games? You're out of control man, time to get help.

#127 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:21 AM

A single shelf of games? You're out of control man, time to get help.

you might find this interesting by the way

Rhythm Heaven game for 3DS this year

now just hope for a NoA Release lol

It will feature over a hundred minigames, 70 of which comes from past entries in the series, 30 of which are new.

#128 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:41 AM

Yep, saw that when they announced it.  Love Rhythm Heaven so hopefully we get it.

What's up with your posts lately, they're all over the place in formatting. :rofl:

#129 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1661 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:10 PM

Sears has a similar deal.

Mario Golf:World Tour for $19.99

Ugh, it looks like fun. I wish I had time to play games. I have a whole shelf-worth of em' I've barely played and all I can tell myself is someday! :-({|=

Added to the OP.

Same about the shelf of unplayed games.

I still have Rune Factory 4 sitting there waiting to be played next to a bunch of other games yet I still but new ones.

#130 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9215 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

Added to the OP.

Same about the shelf of unplayed games.

I still have Rune Factory 4 sitting there waiting to be played next to a bunch of other games yet I still but new ones.

Rune Factory 4 to get to the ending isn't crazy long. Pretty fun game overall and I need to go for that end game content myself.

#131 shivan128   CAG at heart CAGiversary!   3751 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 04:21 PM

Rune Factory 4 to get to the ending isn't crazy long. Pretty fun game overall and I need to go for that end game content myself.

This game has been eluding me on AMZ WH deals for some time.  I'm hoping for a little luck to jump on one, but have been beaten to the punch for quite some time. 

#132 neb9  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:29 PM

Fantasy Life $35 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co...s_2622269011_27

Best price I've seen so far.

#133 pablo9000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   285 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:54 PM

Best Buy has Style Savvy - Trendsetters for $13

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat235500050004

it's supposed to be a pretty good shop sim even though it looks like 'game for girls' shovelware at first glance

#134 willybobo  

willybobo

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:38 PM

Style Savvy is amazingly deep and very addicting. Def not shovelware. The art direction is stellar, options endless, and the resource management is fun. Highly rec'd and this from a guy who bought it for his daughters and ended up playing it more than them. It's a hidden gem.

#135 DeathMoJo   The Navy Guy CAGiversary!   1456 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:41 PM

Fantasy Life $35 on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.co...s_2622269011_27
Best price I've seen so far.

Its a price match against Best Buy's 2-day sale. If you have GCU Best Buy is the better deal at $28.00.

#136 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:30 AM

Figured this would be a decent place to ask: Anyone know a good 3ds cart continer/carrier? My niece is starting to get a decent little collection so id like to pick something up for her to store her games so she doesn't lose them. She never puts them back in the case so i was going to just keep the cases at my place and have her keep the carts in some kinda card storage carrier thing. Just dont know where to look/what a good one is. Id like somethign that holds a couple dozen or so at least preferably. Any ideas?

Best Buy has Style Savvy - Trendsetters for $13

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat235500050004

it's supposed to be a pretty good shop sim even though it looks like 'game for girls' shovelware at first glance

just wanted to point out my 8 year old niece played the shit outa that game

#137 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10231 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:19 AM

Figured this would be a decent place to ask: Anyone know a good 3ds cart continer/carrier? My niece is starting to get a decent little collection so id like to pick something up for her to store her games so she doesn't lose them. She never puts them back in the case so i was going to just keep the cases at my place and have her keep the carts in some kinda card storage carrier thing. Just dont know where to look/what a good one is. Id like somethign that holds a couple dozen or so at least preferably. Any ideas?

If you have enough points at Club Nintendo you can order those 18 card cases from them.

#138 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6992 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:25 PM

The Hori 24 is just about the best out there: 

I have one for my 3DS and two for my Vita. As stated above, the Club Nintendo ones are excellent as well, but may not be available to you unless you participate in the program.

#139 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12218 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:34 PM

If you have enough points at Club Nintendo you can order those 18 card cases from them.

I highly recommend the ones they have at CN!

#140 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:26 PM

I have one for my 3DS and two for my Vita. As stated above, the Club Nintendo ones are excellent as well, but may not be available to you unless you participate in the program.

This.  Those are the two best options out there.  If you have 400 coins the CN one is fun and comes with swappable Pikmin/Bowser/Mario covers.

#141 DeathMoJo   The Navy Guy CAGiversary!   1456 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:30 PM

Didn't realize they had card holders on there. Just ordered the Mario/Pikmin one, thanks for the heads up.

#142 kme06d   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   876 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:33 PM

Agreed. Although I found the hori ones a bit hard to open, at least in the clear color.

I think, for whatever reason, the clear colored ones are made differently from the smoke color and it is missing an extra bit of plastic on the tab to open the case. You really have to dig your finger under the flap to open it,which isn't pleasant.

So if you get her the Hori one, get the smoke color.

#143 SaraAB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5454 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:47 PM

I played the crap out of style savvy and I still play it to this day.

#144 RoytheRobot   El Piraguero. CAGiversary!   2551 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

RoytheRobot

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:19 PM

Dang it, now I want the Style Savvy game.

#145 Joe Fongul   Slave to the Grind.. CAGiversary!   1265 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:53 PM

Crazy to think that the developer of Style Savvy (AKI) is the same company that developed WCW vs NWO World Tour, WWF No Mercy & the first two Def Jam wrestling games from EA.  I've been on the fence buying Style Savvy due to the subject matter (fashion etc), but if it gets cheap enough, who knows :)

#146 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9215 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:54 PM

Style Savvy: Trendsetters was one of the best $20 I spent at the time (one of those buy 2 get 1 free deals). I put 40-50 hours into the game and I had a lot of fun. The graphics are good and customizing the shop and the customers who came were great. I really hope the new one is a great one and I hope it gets localized...likely next year if that happens.

#147 RoytheRobot   El Piraguero. CAGiversary!   2551 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

RoytheRobot

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:01 PM

Crazy to think that the developer of Style Savvy (AKI) is the same company that developed WCW vs NWO World Tour, WWF No Mercy & the first two Def Jam wrestling games from EA. I've been on the fence buying Style Savvy due to the subject matter (fashion etc), but if it gets cheap enough, who knows :)

really? I didn't knew AKI was still around. N64 wrestling games were awesome thanks to them.

#148 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:06 PM

Is... is this turning into the new Sonic Boom thread?  Is this going to be the new Time and Eternity?  Or more terrifying are you guys being serious?...

#149 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9215 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:12 PM

Is... is this turning into the new Sonic Boom thread?  Is this going to be the new Time and Eternity?  Or more terrifying are you guys being serious?...

Not a joke the game is quality. I like some girly things and all but the gameplay and characterization were well done. Plus man the redhead girl I was playing was was very hot and also fashionable.

#150 Sonic9jct   Wubba lubba dub dub CAGiversary!   326 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Sonic9jct

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:33 PM

Yeah Style Savvy is great.  A fun store management game that has an usually surprising sense of character and humor to it.  I don't think skeptics will be turned onto it.  You already know if you want to play it if you're interested.  I grabbed a copy when it was less than $10 randomly one summer and I was very happy with it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3ds, clearence, pokemon, mario, cheap, sale, save, deals, thread