* * * * * 76 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals) - Bring on the Summer Sales...

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#64621 KnightOfTruth   Suikoden Collector CAGiversary!   1541 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

KnightOfTruth

Posted Today, 04:29 AM

Made the switch over to Win 10.  Nothing is on fire or covered in bees yet.

Was in the process of doing that yesterday until I got the notice that my SEP had to be uninstalled -- of course I don't have the serial code and despite my best efforts perusing the registry I couldn't locate the serial key, hashed or otherwise...  :-/

Check My LIST HERE if you've got some things you're looking to part ways with and want to make some $$!

#64622 Jon7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   888 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:44 AM

Bros played Battleborn.  Bros had fun.  Far from a bad game so not sure where the hate is coming from.  Bros will play again. 

I wanted to join you guys tonight, but I got home late. If you guys play another time I'll make a point of being around.

Hmm, I should probably come to a decision pretty soon as to whether I want to upgrade to Win10 or not.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who procrastinated deciding until the last minute.

#64623 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster & VRAM Fanatic CAGiversary!   20291 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:44 AM

Was in the process of doing that yesterday until I got the notice that my SEP had to be uninstalled -- of course I don't have the serial code and despite my best efforts perusing the registry I couldn't locate the serial key, hashed or otherwise...  :-/

Grab the Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder:

https://www.magicalj....com/keyfinder/

That should help out w/ finding your Windows CD Keys.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#64624 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   3661 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted Today, 07:18 AM

You guys see a bear, you just have to poke it, huh?

Well, truth be told it's not a very dangerous bear...

#64625 Blade   National Corruption Day 7/5/16 CAGiversary!   12590 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:06 AM

Made the switch over to Win 10.  Nothing is on fire or covered in bees yet.

Make sure you turn off all the nonsense in Settings - Privacy and set data collection to "basic" since there's no "none" setting. It's hard to turn off Cortana, but you can turn off her data collection pretty easily and stop her from listening to your mic if you have one. I had to make a local account to stop the personalized ads. There's a setting here you can turn off, but I find local accounts are safer. Then of course there's the Digital Advertiser's Alliance Consumer Choice Page that lets you opt out of data collection for 128 companies.

Hmm, I should probably come to a decision pretty soon as to whether I want to upgrade to Win10 or not.

Information collection is like mining for gold these days, and that's basically all Windows 10 does. There are only a few nice features it has over 7, but 7 will be discontinued before long in favor for these profitable upgrades so you might as well while it's still free.

#64626 Tomasety   LatinLover CAGiversary!   1646 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Tomasety

Posted Today, 08:29 AM

Make sure you turn off all the nonsense in Settings - Privacy and set data collection to "basic" since there's no "none" setting.

http://www.ghacks.ne...windows-10-pro/

More changes in the Windows Anniversary update, due August 2nd, are being discovered. After yesterday's news about Cortana not able to be turned off in the Windows Anniversary update, certain registry entries and group policies have been found to be updated with a note stating that they only apply to Enterprise and Education editions. Win 10 Pro users will no longer be able to turn off policies such as the Microsoft Consumer Experience, Show Windows Tips, Do not display the lock screen, and Disable all apps from the Windows Store.