Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
The SimBin collection was removed from steam. I believe everything contained in it has been bundled before, so many of us own it.
It's all bundle fodder so yeah no huge loss.

I did find this from a few months back

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/225399/Racing_studio_SimBin_files_for_bankruptcy_now_known_as_Sector_3.php

Racing studio SimBin files for bankruptcy, now known as Sector 3

September 11, 2014 | By Mike Rose

Newsbrief: Racing game studio SimBin, previously known for titles like GTR, GT Legends and Race – The Official WTCC Game, officially filed for bankruptcy earlier this month and changed its name.

SimBin Studios is now called Sector 3 Studios, and has undergone large-scale company restructuring that has seen 18 staffers affected in total, according to Develop.

COO Christopher Speed says that Sector 3 was formed from the ashes of SimBin, in a bid to keep as many of the SimBin team together as possible. Sector 3 Studios will now continue work on RaceRoom Racing Experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's that smell?

Not to walk in here empty handed: Dementium II HD (Steam) $1.99 @ Amazon
It's just a robo price match to one of the Steam Weekly bargin bin crap sale games, but I guess the Europeans at Reddit think it's hot shit worth making a separate post about because of the exchange rate, or they just like pretending they live at McDonald's in Oregon.

Neuro, excellent work!!  Thank you for the time and effort.  I almost feel like this is the one thread to rule them all.

New thread looks great! So what's the deal does Forced suck? I didn't see anyone mention anything about it. 3.74 for the deluxe seems pretty good. Anyone have opinions on it?

This new thread is great and all, but it's just not sexy enough, yet.

Don't worry, I'll always be here to rectify that.

What?!?! Everything in one place. Good Job Neuro. Now to ignore this thread for another 6 months or so since Tebow chat gives me all the info I need.

What?!?! Everything in one place. Good Job Neuro. Now to ignore this thread for another 6 months or so since Tebow chat gives me all the info I need.

New thread looks great! So what's the deal does Forced suck? I didn't see anyone mention anything about it. 3.74 for the deluxe seems pretty good. Anyone have opinions on it?
Needs a few friends to really make it shine, apparently.

Due for a Humbling so hard, it won't walk right for two weeks. Up to you to decide if you really need it or not before that happens.

I just completed Wolfenstein: The New Order.

I need a drink.

Up next, the game in Uber difficulty to get all the perks and collectibles I missed.

So this just popped up on my Steam feed.

TL;DR - Blade Kitten continuation DLC is still in the works. No ETA. So, uh, no real news.

b7d7cad6bdd7ee383c6c7e123a3de6a79141bed7.jpg
Blade Kitten Announcement

An Update on Episode 2

Hey Everyone!

Things have progressed to the point that we have an update that we can share with you, on what’s happening with Episode 2 and our plans.

Yes, it is still being worked on!

Episode 2 Specific Work Remaining

We have a few things still on our list of Ep2 specific items that we have to get finalized before we can do final QA testing:

• Finalize Episode 2 specific achievement implementation.
  • Implement enemies in a few areas of the levels that weren’t quite finished in 2010.
  • Try to remember what we were thinking with the game logic in 2010 and fix up some AI brain issues in the level scripting.
  • Fix up some level placement issues and camera issues that are causing out of memory and/or rendering problems.
  • Finalize plans for bonus goodie.

General Work Remaining

We’re also trying to resolve these general game issues:

• Crashes on some configurations, if you enter the Breaker menu.
  • Crashes on some configurations, if you try to change the resolutions/enumerate the resolution options.
  • The list of full screen resolutions is missing some resolutions, on some configurations.

The Bad News

Now the bad news – we don’t have a timeline that we can share at this point, as we’re working on this around other projects that are paying the bills, in our own time. We have made significant progress on getting it finalized though, and we are hoping to have more to share with you in the next few months.

So What IS Episode 2?

Episode 2....

• Continues (and puts a nice little exclamation mark on!) the story from the original release.
  • Has full voice acting throughout the Episode – just like in the original release.
  • Will give you 5 more huuuuge Blade Kitten levels, with a bunch more collectables, two mini bosses and a final Boss battle!
  • As well as 3 new blades – unlock the power of the Darque Blade!
  • Also it has 15 new unique costumes (so long as we can count properly!) – 7 to unlock and a few you get just for buying the Episode! (we’re nice that way).
  • With 7 new achievements.
  • And, if you have a save game from the end of the original release and hit continue… it should segue straight into Episode 2! So you can start Hex farming now!

How Is It Being Distributed?

• Episode 2 will be paid DLC (we’re still figuring out the price point), distributed solely via Steam at this point in time. You’ll have to own the base game to be able to get Episode 2.
  • We will probably also offer a “complete” pack (the original game and Episode 2) as well.
  • We are not currently planning on offering any pre-release/pre-purchase options – it’ll be released when we have it completed.

dvCgLyA.jpg

6obtaI3.jpg

So that’s the information we have to share right now – laying things out as they are and letting you guys know what we can! Hopefully you’re all as excited about what’s to come as we are!

Cheers

Krome Studios

I just completed Wolfenstein: The New Order.

I need a drink.

Up next, the game in Uber difficulty to get all the perks and collectibles I missed.
How'd you like it? I've been wanting to give it a go on my Peasantbox, but there's just so much indie crap to play instead.

For serious, you like it enough to run through on the higher difficulty, or are you just a masochist/completionist?

Besides the terrible name that makes it sound like a Grape Simulator minus one letter, it's a (primarily) multiplayer indie game on Steam. How many of those are good and not a ghost town?

When it's not on sale, the number of people playing is not high, so don't expect the current spike to last.

That being said, I bought it anyway so don't listen to me. :p

Did anyone get two random copies of Left 4 Dead added to your inventory? Trying to gift them but everyone either has it or has something called Source SKKJDDJK2 2007 some crap. Is that considered Left 4 Dead as well?
I know I don't have Left 4 Dead. Not sure on whatever that other thing is.

How'd you like it? I've been wanting to give it a go on my Peasantbox, but there's just so much indie crap to play instead.

For serious, you like it enough to run through on the higher difficulty, or are you just a masochist/completionist?
ive read a number of people say it was surprisingly great and easily the best fps of the year

really looking forward to it being 7.50 or less in another year or so

Thanks Neuro for your sacrifice with this new thread.

May god reserve a place on his right chair for you.

5 Stars of course.

Ugh. I suppose just because you've consolidated everything into one place and made things more "convenient" and more "community friendly," I'm supposed to be all appreciative or something now, huh?

Pfffft, talk about a ripoff.

Good job, I guess.

So this just popped up on my Steam feed.

TL;DR - Blade Kitten continuation DLC is still in the works. No ETA. So, uh, no real news.
I bought that on 360 ages and ages ago. I actually kinda liked it, but I don't know if getting the second episode years later is worth buying it again, beating it again, unlocking everything again, and then buying DLC so I can do it all a third time.

Which is to say, in for a bundle spodering.

I have Wolfenstein and am enjoying it so far (just a few hours in).  From what I understand, it starts of slow with a bunch of plot and somewhat dull objective style "missions" ("open the main gate", etc) and later settles into a good ole fashioned shootin' gallery.  Looks nice though and has the obligatory sex scene that all of today's AAA hits need.

I really, really liked it. It was well acted, written decently, and it played like a dream. Unfortunately it also felt way too hard at times - and way too easy in others.

The bosses in Uber difficulty are going to give me nightmares...

Oh, and the second weirdest thing about the game? There are computers with the Wolfenstein 3D title screen hidden in a few places.

The weirdest thing is that there are no pictures, or even a mention, of Adolf Hitler. Oh they mention the Fuhrer. But they never call him by his name, nor make any reference other than the Fuhrer being the top leader. It's jarring because shouldn't every government organization / building have a picture of the leader?

*throws open the door*
Hey!

*out of breath holding six bottles of the best damn beer ever*  
 ...I made it. Whoa, would you look at this place. It's all sorts of fancy, and look, the gang's all here.

*points and waves to a few CAGs then double checks the thread title*
So this is the new place huh? This is pleasantly awesome. Nice job Neuro!

Where'd you want me to put [customspoiler=these?]

Data Hacker - Initiation - MD2D3-F2JJI-8I6X3
Fake Colours - 6LCVB-KDVC7-04WPV
Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold - Episode 1 - 7RKQH-V0J4E-XM3MK
Lunar Pack - Wake & Lunnye Devitsy - 2WTZ9-WGZ6B-NZEL0
ONE DAY for Ched - RJFMR-BM4ZD-9I8GV
Sweet Lily Dreams - 5HM9C-M0JIY-RRK8M
The Desolate Hope - 2WPJF-KPBHV-D0E9J
[/customspoiler]

Did anyone get two random copies of Left 4 Dead added to your inventory? Trying to gift them but everyone either has it or has something called Source SKKJDDJK2 2007 some crap. Is that considered Left 4 Dead as well?
It's the Source SDK*, and it's included with any purchased Source game.

*Software Development Kit, FYI.

The SimBin collection was removed from steam. I believe everything contained in it has been bundled before, so many of us own it.
>.> I bought that on Summer Sale 2012 (?) well before it got bundled.... I'd been eyeing them for years (physical) on Amazon.

ONE DAY for Ched - RJFMR-BM4ZD-9I8GV
Woah, this wasn't taken and I've been curious about it for a while. Thanks!

EDIT:

Wow, this game... it;s exactly what everyone says about it. Including the developer, to some extent. It's very short, very brutal, and very memorization-heavy, like an old NES game jacking up the difficulty to make the game last longer. I was able to reach the first boss without god mode, but only twice and I was turned into tiny meat chunks almost immediately both times. The voice acting is cheesy as hell, in the funny, memorable way.

Unfortunately, that's about all the good I can come up with for the game. I can't bring myself to hold the ESL writing against it, but that's also the extent of my sympathy. The guns have absolutely no balance, to the point where the most effective gun runs out of ammo in seconds and the second most effective gun has infinite ammo and grenades. Surviving two hits is rare. Surviving three is nearly impossible. Enemies come in massive waves, so you will take stray bullets in the wall of fire coming at you. I hit tilde and typed in "god" to get through the rest of the game and the extra "free DLC" chapter and it doesn't get better.

Much like an old NES game, it's low budget, low polish, and low content. All it's got is some absolutely absurd difficulty to stretch out the few levels through repetition. I enjoyed the ways it was bad, but not enough to play it outside of god mode. That's okay, though, because I'm sure that I was playing it the same way it was playtested. I got a couple hours out of it, and that's about the most anyone could get out of it. Go play the bad Painkiller games (like Redemption) instead. They're still a lot more fair and enjoyable than One Day For Ched.

*throws open the door*
Hey!

*out of breath holding six bottles of the best damn beer ever*
...I made it. Whoa, would you look at this place. It's all sorts of fancy, and look, the gang's all here.

*points and waves to a few CAGs then double checks the thread title*
So this is the new place huh? This is pleasantly awesome. Nice job Neuro!

Where'd you want me to put [customspoiler=these?]

Data Hacker - Initiation - MD2D3-F2JJI-8I6X3
Fake Colours - 6LCVB-KDVC7-04WPV
Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold - Episode 1 - 7RKQH-V0J4E-XM3MK
Lunar Pack - Wake & Lunnye Devitsy - 2WTZ9-WGZ6B-NZEL0
ONE DAY for Ched - RJFMR-BM4ZD-9I8GV
Sweet Lily Dreams - 5HM9C-M0JIY-RRK8M
The Desolate Hope - 2WPJF-KPBHV-D0E9J
[/customspoiler]
Thanks Motiv. I got Data Hacker- Initiation & Fester Mudd.

Woah, this wasn't taken and I've been curious about it for a while. Thanks!

Usual comment about how a review will be edited in shortly. I'm installing and playing it pretty much right after I post this.
So if I give you bundle shit, will you play and review all of it? I'm tempted to flood you with bundle keys to see what happens

bread's done
Back