Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I think we should maintain them separately AND post them in here. Best of both worlds.
Exactly this.

That's generally how it went with the old Steam thread. New bundles would be mentioned but individual bundle threads were also maintained.

EA and Ubisoft like to do regional deals so when it's on sale here it may not be elsewhere and vice versa. I know Ubi in particular does a fair bit of Euro only deals on Greenman because they get posted on Reddit and when I click through nada for me.
Yeah, it sucks. I'll just get it from some 5€ deal down-the-line.

Yeah, it sucks. I'll just get it from some 5€ deal down-the-line.
Someone on Reddit said they bought it with vpn set to US and it redeemed fine. Apparently it's not region locked. *shrug*

But you being you will probably want to wait for it to get cheaper and/or go on sale somewhere else with a shittier economy, considering some people already got it a bit below $30 from Origin Mexico or Uplay Russia, I hear.

*Edited to add: For me, it's one of those rare games I played the hell out of so I didn't mind Fakerbroing it, but I did also have some Bing Rewards saved up at Amazon when I got it and it's not like they have much in the way of good sales to use them on lately anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone on Reddit said they bought it with vpn set to US and it redeemed fine. Apparently it's not region locked. *shrug*

But you being you will probably want to wait for it to get cheaper and/or go on sale somewhere else with a shittier economy, considering some people already got it a bit below $30 from Origin Mexico or Uplay Russia, I hear.

*Edited to add: For me, it's one of those rare games I played the hell out of so I didn't mind Fakerbroing it, but I did also have some Bing Rewards saved up at Amazon when I got it and it's not like they have much in the way of good sales to use them on lately anyway.
I'd have used my last pirate funds on it.

Can't you hola it?

*Edit: Also you'd have to get get it at the $40 sale price. The voucher won't work with store credit because, reasons. :p

I don't have any TF2 keys in my inventory. Don't they come with a 7-day trading restriction if I buy them from the market?
Yeah, but you can always buy keys from people with PayPal or something (usually $1.80 - $1.90 per key). Pretty sure someone in the cesspool sells them, and obviously they're already past that 7-day mark.

I'd say the hassle of that is worth saving about $10, but it might not be for you.

t1000star.gif

I take the opposite view. I would prefer to see bundles detailed here. Bundle games tend to be largely Steam or Steam Greenlight, so not off topic in my mind. And this is really the only thread I follow routinely. Ain't nobody got time fo' separate bundle threads.
I'd like it if someone could get well acquainted with my Steam library and then compare new bundles to my library on a bundle-by-bundle basis, ranking each by games I don't own and genres I show interest in, weighting for cards and balanced against the bundle cost. Afterwords, contact me here about any bundles rating better than a 79% score. If they're time/price sensitive then just buy it for me immediately and, if I want it, I'll pay you back.

Thanks.

I bought DA2 from Nuuvem and Inquisition from Origin Mexico and both worked fine, so I would think both of those are region free or close enough.

Although, my (PC's) body was not ready for Inquisition. Ran decently in the prologue but once I got to the hinterlands I couldn't top 20 fps on any settings. Yeesh.

I'd like it if someone could get well acquainted with my Steam library and then compare new bundles to my library on a bundle-by-bundle basis, ranking each by games I don't own and genres I show interest in, weighting for cards and balanced against the bundle cost. Afterwords, contact me here about any bundles rating better than a 79% score. If they're time/price sensitive then just buy it for me immediately and, if I want it, I'll pay you back.

Thanks.
I can offer you a similar service, where I pretend I'm doing all that and then buy every bundle for you but tell you it cost twice as much as I paid for it.

I've added social media links to the second post. I think all should be their respective official accounts.

Social Media
Steam: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
GamersGate: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Green Man Gaming: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Nuuvem: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Get Games: Twitter | Facebook
Direct2Drive: Twitter | Facebook
GameStop: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Origin/EA: Twitter (Origin)/(EA) | Facebook (EA) | Google+ (Origin)/(EA)
Uplay/Ubisoft: Twitter (Uplay)/(Ubisoft) | Facebook (Uplay)/(Ubisoft) | Google+ (Uplay)/(Ubisoft)
Amazon Video Games: Twitter | Facebook
NewEgg: Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Do those social media sites ever post anything of note? I mean besides the occasional Valve tweet of We're rolling out this great new feature that you'll all love with no advance notice!

I tend to check the bundle Twitters more, but that's probably because I'm bitching at them to get those damned keys they promised or trying to avoid the Indie Royale Dump Tax.

Is Steam+ a combination of Google+ and Steam?
It's the plus sized version of the Steam thread.

The fuck do I know. It seemed reasonable at the time.

Do those social media sites ever post anything of note?
{shrug}

I mainly use/list them in case there is a problem. Like when a site may be down, under "heavy load" or if there is a deal that isn't processing correctly.

...better.

I wish it was Steam+ waffles. I could really go for some waffles right now.

Edit: Where's the best thread on CAG to vent? Amazon is really pissing me off, right now.

God, I hate people sometimes. I give up on this redittard

http://se.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/2sfcg2/greenman_gaming_dragon_age_inquisition_4019_usd/cnp5dpx

jorzilla

This is a good RPG, but holy hell does it feel grindy, especially if you want to be a completionist with quests....prepare for a lot of "fetch 10 bear asses" style quest-padding.
motoki

That's not really grindy. That's like saying Skyrim is grindy. No it isn't. It just gives you optional stuff you could do or not do. Grindy is an RPG that requires you to do a lot of repetitive things like lots and lots of battles over and over again to progress through the main quest. That isn't the case here at all. There's just a lot of optional side quests.

If you're a true completionist that enjoys being a completionist then it's not a bother. And if you don't like it then don't do it. It's completely optional.
jorzilla

I apologize for using the wrong word but it still doesn't change the fact that when you go into a map you immediately find 3-4 of the same style quests only to to go a portion of the map only to find 3-4 more of the same style quests, advance to go, collect 2 or 3 more quests. Yes it is optional content but it does improve your characters and your inquisition power, so you are incentivised to play that content even if it's boring. You will find yourself collecting 10 chunks of ram meat and thinking "I thought I stopped playing World of Warcraft 6 years ago.

Yes it's a long game, but that doesn't necessarily translate to quality, and a shit load of fetch quests basically turned me off to the experience after a couple hours playtime over the course of a week. It never felt like I was progressing through the world meaningfully, rather whenever I thought I could move onto the next area I had even more quest bloat. This aspect of the game was accented for me since I was in the middle of a Mass Effect re-play which does not have this issue and offers a similar RPG experience from BioWare.

I've seen reviews praising 200+ hours of gameplay through a couple character playthroughs to get all of the potential experience out of the game. If that appeals to someone with a ton of free time by all means they should buy this game. If they want something snappier there are certainly better games out there or they should wait for more of a discount.
motoki

Yes it is optional content but it does improve your characters and your inquisition power
There's plenty of ways to get power and you really only a certain amount of it anyway to unlock the main quests. There's no point in stockpiling it.

If they want something snappier there are certainly better games out there or they should wait for more of a discount.
If they want something snappier then just do the main quests and the minimum side content you need to do to get enough power to do them. It's totally doable. I've seen plenty of people comment that they did just that.

If you don't like the side quests that's totally fine, but it's nobody's fault but your own if you don't have the self control to not do optional content that you don't enjoy.

I keep hearing this same complaint and it drives me bonkers. Seriously, why is lack of your own self control to not be able to say no to doing optional things you don't like somehow a fault of game design? It's like as gamers we've been zombified into having to do everything in a game and then get resentful about it.

You know what happens when you eat too much shit at the Old Country Buffet? You get a stomach ache. And maybe diarrhea too. Learn to have some god damned moderation people.

http://se.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/2sfcg2/greenman_gaming_dragon_age_inquisition_4019_usd/cnp5dpx

I keep hearing this same complaint and it drives me bonkers. Seriously, why is lack of your own self control to not be able to say no to doing optional things you don't like somehow a fault of game design? It's like as gamers we've been zombified into having to do everything in a game and then get resentful about it.

You know what happens when you eat too much shit at the Old Country Buffet? You get a stomach ache. And maybe diarrhea too. Learn to have some god damned moderation people.
Agreed. Grindy is usually a complaint that's limited to MMOs and JRPGs where there's a lack of optional quests and such to level up with and so you find yourself having to kill the same monsters or do the same repeatable quests/raids over and over to level up/get a good amount of currency properly.

Not to say that a lack of variety in sidequests isn't a valid complaint though, just because it's optional content doesn't mean it has to be frustratingly repetitive. It's just not grindy.

Dammit wish somebody wouldve told me that about Old COuntry Buffet awhile ago

Games are repetive by their nature. There are only so many different things you can do within the context of the game. The key is allowing the opportunity to break up certain parts of gameplay so they don't feel repetitive. If you choose to do 20 fetch quests in a row because you are a completionist then that's on you, not the devs.

I think side stuff like the MMO-stuff is good to have. It's something to do, if you need a break from the main story, want to just kill enemies, or want something light. This could be great for especially the end-game, as long as the game stays open to play once you finish the main quest - as this stuff can give you a reason to kick the game around after you're done w/ the main story.

I'm definitely not a completionist by any means - as I could never go through everything in say any Assassin's Creed game. Never have, never will. I do a fair bit of side quests normally and ALL of the main stuff - and that's about it, until I've had my fill.

The other thing is - I know, I'm not someone who can stick w/ one game for ridiculous time periods anymore. After a while, I might be looking to get away for a bit from a long-game like a RPG; play something else for a while (something shorter); then come back to the RPG.

Amazon thread? Oh wait....

Lay it on us... We're here for you.
I bought a new wireless mouse for my dad on Monday from Amazon (we'll call this Order 1) for delivery today, his B-day. I'm looking for UPS guy at his normal time, 12 to 1, so I can get the package and wrap it before I make my way to parents' house this evening. I see the big ugly van zoom right past my dwelling so I go to my account to check the order. Nothing on the main page about a delay so I pull tracking and see this:

Undeliverable : Returned

Sorry, your package was damaged in transit and will not be delivered. Please go ahead and replace your order. You will be refunded for the original shipment within 2-3 days business days after we receive it.

It made it 1 state over, yesterday, and some ass-hat probably backed over it, and now I won't get it. Nothing from Amazon, though, no emails or texts saying: "We're sorry. Something happened and your order isn't going to make it. How can we help?" Nada.
On top of that, the money I paid for the mouse won't be credited back to me for 2 to 3 days after they receive the UPS damaged package back to their warehouse. Kind of fucked up, considering, but ok, I can deal.

So, I go back and reorder the same mouse (Order 2). Everything seems okay, until I pull up the order details from the email and find that, not only have I been charged for the mouse (which is expected) BUT, They placed a pending charge on me for like 40% of the order total. What-the-absolute- fuck man?

Got on with Amazon CS with Akshay (groan) to understand what the Hell they're doing over there and it's like I'm trying to explain advanced calculus to my cat. He or she keeps bringing up Order 1 when I'm talking about Order 2. Profuse, unnecessary apologizing for the inconvenience when all I want is my shit. So, now my issue has been escalated to some other department for further cornholing.

And today started off so well :(

I bought a case for my wife's cellphone through Amazon prime. I received the case almost 3 weeks later... I blamed Josh, of course.

I got about 8 hours into it, so far. The game is pretty good so far, I must say.
Going from normal to Uber difficulty has been irritating.

Enemies take more or less the same damage, but they make about three times as much. Shotgun goons and the heavy rifle ones can mow you down in seconds if you don't take cover. Yep, better get used to cover because you're going to need it. I had to map it to a button in the mouse to deal with it instead of having to press Left Alt all the time.

I'm barely in Chapter 5, so I got a ways to go.

Voting reviews funny is live.

You can new also follow stalk people. No idea what it does thought. Anyone, doesn't need to be a friend.

8f7jjk4.png

Learn to have some god damned moderation people.
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be on this forum if I knew how to moderate myself. Like, I'd probably have my own forum called "I very occasionally buy games, and I don't even care if they're only 30% off MSRP since I don't buy all that many. And then I play them."

It'd be a pretty boring forum.

All Steam copies of Trine were updated to Enhanced Edition. I'm assuming that GG copies were MrDRM-Free?

Voting reviews funny is live.

You can new also follow stalk people. No idea what it does thought. Anyone, doesn't need to be a friend.
What we really need is a way to selectively hide activity feeds. I've got a few annoying groups that like to spam my feed with all kinds of ridiculous crap, but I follow them because they are holding promised keys hostage. :twoguns:

Looks like Follow feature is related to workshop and is old. They just added it to profile dropdown too. So it doesn't really do anything. Carry on.

All Steam copies of Trine were updated to Enhanced Edition. I'm assuming that GG copies were MrDRM-Free?

What we really need is a way to selectively hide activity feeds. I've got a few annoying groups that like to spam my feed with all kinds of ridiculous crap, but I follow them because they are holding promised keys hostage. :twoguns:
I finally ended up saying fuck it giving on the damned key and unsubscribing from the Grass Simulator group because I couldn't take that kid's (I sincerely hope it was a kid) constant stream of spam BS announcements.

GTA 5.

it looks like pre-ordering at some level will get you a free copy of San Andreas.
Oh boy! :roll:

All sorts of madness occurring on the Steam DB entry for GTA 5.

There's been a German only package added, and on Tier 1, it looks like pre-ordering at some level will get you a free copy of San Andreas.

https://steamdb.info/sub/58504/
There's non german too.

I assume where its going to be like Max Payne 3, they are adding stuff later on, but also removing earlier bonuses for new orders at the same time. (So order early, get most)

Vice City would've been nice, it should glitch steam giving me two gift copies of it. :p

There's non german too.

I assume where its going to be like Max Payne 3, they are adding stuff later on, but also removing earlier bonuses for new orders at the same time. (So order early, get most)

Vice City would've been nice, it should glitch steam giving me two gift copies of it. :p
Yea, Im aware there's non-german, didn't think it was needed to be mentioned. And yea its similar to Bioshock Infinite as well.

This sorta shit:

388d6c254169205a4b2b1106c237f157.png

All sorts of madness occurring on the Steam DB entry for GTA 5.

There's been a German only package added, and on Tier 1, it looks like pre-ordering at some level will get you a free copy of San Andreas.

https://steamdb.info/sub/58504/
But, after crazy past Amazon sales, some Steam sales, and other stores having Rockstar weekly sales - who the hell doesn't have the The entire GTA 3 Trilogy Collection (GTA 3, VC + SA) on Steam yet...?

EDIT:

FTFY. The new version is terrible. :puke:
What about the GTA SA PC Downgrading Mods + Silent Patch Mods?

But, after crazy past Amazon sales, some Steam sales, and other stores having Rockstar weekly sales - who the hell doesn't have the The entire GTA 3 Trilogy Collection (GTA 3, VC + SA) on Steam yet...?
Probably the casual Steam users. There's a reason why they repeat the same fucking games all the time in these sales and they still sell like crazy. There's plenty that won't have it.

bread's done
Back