* * * * * 84 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#80221 ShadowEX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   778 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:18 AM

SeasonalCAG Fakeybro Broh on Occasion:

So had a lot of credit to burn at GameStop getting rid of the console filth so got an $60 Origin with the mind set to beat Hitman before ME Andromeda dropped but with my PC taking a dump might hold on to it until the first patch/sale hits. Also picked up $60 in Gaben Bux you can never have enough.

Thinking of getting a Nvidia Shield for the living room with the rest of my credit for Netflix duties because the PS3 there is getting long in the tooth or can cheapy out and get a Chromecast and more Gaben Bux you can never...Deja Vu.

Get it. Nvidia Shield the best Android streaming box you can get. I tried every other and nothing comes close to the performance of this. Has support for 4K+HDR. It's worth getting the best experience.

#80222 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   9263 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:27 AM

Am I the only person that thinks the OG model looks closer to the real life than the photoshopped one?  I really haven't looked at a lot of videos of it (cause I don't care), but based on the pics in agentghost's post, she looks like she has the wider jawbone and larger lips and nose.

#80223 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8661 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:29 AM

I haven't played it but, if the animations/plot/writing/etc is a step back from earlier games in the franchise, then complaining about them seems legitimate.

Yes, but if the gameplay is solid, like it is, it's fine.

I play games for the fun factor and great gameplay, not the facial animations.

#80224 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11425 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:36 AM

Am I the only person that thinks the OG model looks closer to the real life than the photoshopped one?  I really haven't looked at a lot of videos of it (cause I don't care), but based on the pics in agentghost's post, she looks like she has the wider jawbone and larger lips and nose.

I think this is a better photo since you can actually see the shape of her face

Spoiler

By the way, it's oddly difficult to find a photo where she's not grinning or messing with her hair.

Anyway, I could see arguments for components of her face being more accurate in the original but the net result is something that looks like Mrs Golem between the rounder face, wide pale eyes and weird clammy skin.  The edited version has the advantage of not making me go "Eugh!" when I see it staring at me.

Of course, a brief look at the criticism seems to center around "OMG the model was SO HOT and this person isn't!!!" which leads me to believe most people are just upset that they can't rub their digital crotches against a convincing simulacrum of Ms. Rossi.

#80225 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11425 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:39 AM

Yes, but if the gameplay is solid, like it is, it's fine.

I play games for the fun factor and great gameplay, not the facial animations.

Maybe some people have more fun when the terrible animations aren't distracting them :-

#80226 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   9263 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:43 AM

I think the original model looks like something out of a pixar movie, overly cartoony.  Especially when coupled with some of the weird animations.

The dead, soulless eyes is the worst part.

#80227 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8661 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:00 AM

On the note of ME it runs decently from what I've played. 60+ on all max settings, while running 1440p and twitch on the other monitor

In cutscenes it drops a bit though.

#80228 Wa1terSobchak   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   5118 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Wa1terSobchak

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:29 AM

I think this is a better photo since you can actually see the shape of her face

Spoiler

By the way, it's oddly difficult to find a photo where she's not grinning or messing with her hair.

Anyway, I could see arguments for components of her face being more accurate in the original but the net result is something that looks like Mrs Golem between the rounder face, wide pale eyes and weird clammy skin. The edited version has the advantage of not making me go "Eugh!" when I see it staring at me.

Of course, a brief look at the criticism seems to center around "OMG the model was SO HOT and this person isn't!!!" which leads me to believe most people are just upset that they can't rub their digital crotches against a convincing simulacrum of Ms. Rossi.

Sorry, I was too busy waxing my Normandy to hear what you were saying.

#80229 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1556 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:33 AM

It didn't bother me either.  I like ugly female and pretty male  :-

Spoiler

We all have our fetishes.

#80230 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26649 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:37 AM

Finished-up the Single Player Campaign of Homefront: The Revolution (base-game).

After 35 hours total or so approximately, according to Steam, another game here is in the books. After all is said and done here, this game is, more or less, a solid open-world FPS. This game feels like a Far Cry 3+4 open-world style of shooter, albeit it's loaded with some twists of its own; and excellent graphics quality, loads of details, and superb lighting on the killer CryEngine.

Granted, that's all provided as long you can actually get around any sort of technical issues, such as texture flickering and/or shadow flickering. Forcing 30FPS with V-Sync On solved those issues for me.

While the writing, story, and character development certainly wasn't anything special or to write home about - since characters, plots, and whatnot seem to be either killed-off, written-off, and/or just get dropped-off a cliff somewhere before things were about to potentially get interesting - the open-world Far Cry 3+4 style of gameplay in an excellent dystopian + urban-based Philly certainly made it certainly worth my while + numerous hours with it.

#80231 headpiece747   I'm always angry CAGiversary!   2886 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

headpiece747

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:23 AM

Get it. Nvidia Shield the best Android streaming box you can get. I tried every other and nothing comes close to the performance of this. Has support for 4K+HDR. It's worth getting the best experience.

SeasonalCAG Nvidia Shield Bearer:

Should have mentioned I have one already in my mancave and it is great and that was one of the reasons I was thinking of getting one for the living room too. I could move that downstairs but then my TV in the cave would be bare since losing my consoles and that's not going to happen.

Also you brohs need to come together are we hating or loving on ME Andromeda cause I need to know if I'm playing with preorder skins or not. Damn no /ycs on the phone.

#80232 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   6047 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:00 AM

Reviews are coming in on the new ME game... Mostly seeing 7s, a few eights, with some 5s and 9s but those seem to be few.

If you had told me that Bioware could release a ME that scored so low I wouldn't have believed you. (Granted, 7s aren't horrible scores but ME isn't your normal franchise.)

#80233 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26649 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:01 AM

I guess if it isn't from BioWare Edmonton (i.e. who gave us most of the BioWare RPG classics), we can expect major disappointment.

Maybe they shouldn't have farmed Mass Effect: Andromeda out to their other BioWare Studio, which is BioWare Montreal?

Of course, it's possible BioWare Edmonton is done w/ ME (at least for now) and wanted to do something else.

#80234 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3311 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:35 PM

Now comes the debate.  With reviews out, it's my worst fear.  Tedious quests.  Only 2! new alien races in the entire new galaxy.  Same ol' same ol'.  And apparently crafting is tedious, but since you don't have to arm your crew it's only tedious for the not-Shep.

#80235 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1477 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:45 PM

I guess if it isn't from BioWare Edmonton (i.e. who gave us most of the BioWare RPG classics), we can expect major disappointment.

Even if the game was made by their A-team that team is Bioware in name only at this point.  Most of the key contributors of their classic games have since left the company.  They probably would have made a better game than this B or C team that did Andromeda, but it wouldn't have been nearly on the same level as their older work.

#80236 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8834 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:51 PM

Damn. Just based off of the odds I knew one of the hyped up games this year would disappoint, was really hoping it wouldn't be mass effect. It seems based off reviews they didn't learn a lot from DA:I in terms of questing, looks like a lot of MMO style fetch quest type stuff. Definitely the biggest disappointment though for me seems like the lack of world building...why make a game in a whole new galaxy to only introduce 2 alien races and a small number of new lifeforms in general? Was really hoping for something akin to ME1 where you enter a new galaxy and meet a ton of new races and everything. I actually wouldn't be surprised though if this game is somewhat better than reviews indicate, it seems to be getting dinged a lot for bugs and facial animations, the first of which will get patched out and the second of which i don't really care about. Seems like it's probably a good game worth playing but not a classic

That said, as much as I do love games with huge worlds and tons of content, not every game anymore has to provide that. Wish ME would've spent less time developing a huge gameworld with lots of scan missions and more time focusing on the storytelling and world building

#80237 Tomasety   LatinLover CAGiversary!   2106 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Tomasety

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:06 PM

WmhVekS.png

mbmkt1y.png

#80238 Wa1terSobchak   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   5118 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Wa1terSobchak

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:10 PM

mbmkt1y.png

This gif is getting quite the workout:

giphy.gif

Looking forward to more copies of Tomb Raider and Hitman: Absolution

#80239 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   6047 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:31 PM

Do we have any idea on what Edmonton is working on?  If its not the new ME its got to be something big, right?

Now comes the debate.  With reviews out, it's my worst fear.  Tedious quests.  Only 2! new alien races in the entire new galaxy.  Same ol' same ol'.  And apparently crafting is tedious, but since you don't have to arm your crew it's only tedious for the not-Shep.

Not-Shepard.  I like that. :lol:

Like you and pasport I'm a bit shocked by a lack of new races...  Looks like they wanted to escape the ending of 3 but without really investing in a new Universe like they should have.

#80240 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11425 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:35 PM

Looking forward to more copies of Tomb Raider and Hitman: Absolution

Clear some space on your hard drive for Life is Strange: Chapter One!

#80241 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:42 PM

It kind of sucks that Europe gets a guaranteed JC3, but US buyers get just mystery games.  I'd order it if JC3 was guaranteed.  

#80242 DrR0Ck   Grammar Ass CAGiversary!   1834 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:42 PM

WmhVekS.png

mbmkt1y.png

I regretted not getting the last SE surprise bundle.  But I already own JC3 and for an $80 value, that's $60 of it.  Decisions, decisions...

#80243 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:44 PM

Also, from SD:

1070 for $285 (Comes with free For Honor or Wildlands):

http://www.microcent...ceStorm_Cooling

And dead.   Apparently a pricing error (should have been $385) and people on SD are saying orders weren't or won't be honored.  

#80244 Wa1terSobchak   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   5118 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Wa1terSobchak

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:48 PM

It kind of sucks that Europe gets a guaranteed JC3, but US buyers get just mystery games.  I'd order it if JC3 was guaranteed.  

The Uks get 4 games, 1 JC3 + 3 poop....we get 5 games, must be 3 poop + 1 JC3 + 1 Final Fantasy XV   

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#80245 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11425 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:58 PM

I like that the mystery bundle comes with a discount for a mystery bundle.  Get on it, Fox!

#80246 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11425 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:03 PM

1070 for $285

I'm in!  :D/

(Comes with free For Honor or Wildlands)

I'm out  =;

Seriously though, why does it say I can pick it up in 18 minutes from the web store? I'm not buying one, but that's weird.  If I set it to my actual local store, it says not available online.

#80247 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:05 PM

I'm in!  :D/

I'm out  =;

Seriously though, why does it say I can pick it up in 18 minutes from the web store? I'm not buying one, but that's weird.  If I set it to my actual local store, it says not available online.

MC has an 18 minute guarantee on online orders.  They'll be ready to pick up in 18 minutes and if not, well you just have to wait until it's ready. 

Edit:

Also, if Nvidia partnered with anyone other than Ubi, the 1070 could be seen as a better investment given their new requirements you actually have a 1070 or 1080 installed to redeem promos.  As is, you get a $20-$30 discount on new Ubi games if you want to buy promo codes off others, but I feel Ubi games are the ones that get discounted the most when they come out. 

#80248 6er   Hoping "The Wall" has Gold doors CAGiversary!   2801 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:18 PM

We consoles now, right?

Spoiler

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

They should make the next silent Hill game.

#80249 DrR0Ck   Grammar Ass CAGiversary!   1834 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:20 PM

The Uks get 4 games, 1 JC3 + 3 poop....we get 5 games, must be 3 poop + 1 JC3 + 1 Final Fantasy XV   

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

UK poop better than US poop?

#80250 6er   Hoping "The Wall" has Gold doors CAGiversary!   2801 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:23 PM

2nd to last is spooky...2nd one...I'd tap dat

I think that second one is from the recent V show. That was a very gratifying scene, that dude needed to be killed off, horrible character. And how they did it was perfect. The show was going downhill so fast, and the final episode basically looked like it was written by an angry viewer.

http://m.imdb.com/na...ef_=m_ttfcd_cl5