* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#93991 fastitocalon   \mm/ \mm/ CAGiversary!   577 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

fastitocalon

Posted Today, 01:14 AM

They fixed it while I was checking out and the price changed.  Oh well saved me some money.  

Shadow of War is $36 over at Bundle Stars Fanatical and I think there is a 10% off floating around as well.

https://www.fanatica...h-shadow-of-war

My Twitch Page ---> https://go.twitch.tv/kelkeen_1980

My Blog ---> http://tinyurl.com/ydbcronp

Twitter #kelkeen

#93992 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5586 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:17 AM

No wonder it wasn't nearly as good as the first.

I dunno... I thought there were some really good ideas in PvZ2, but you could really tell when you started to hit that pay wall -- the game became nearly impossible. I stopped playing it when I hit that point. because Fuck paying to advance in a game.

I bought several copies of PvZ for various devices, but I didn't spend a dime on PvZ2. I'm sure lots of people did, but to hell with EA and them ruining game after game. It's a plague to the industry in the long run.

#93993 KeeperOfWind  

KeeperOfWind

Posted Today, 01:19 AM

Marvel vs Capcom is a region locked one that won't activate in NA though so be careful.  

I still wouldn't get the pc version on pc, apparently the game's online is empty unless you're planning to play offline/locals

zNmz5OX.jpg

#93994 spoderman  

Posted Today, 01:21 AM

I still wouldn't get the pc version on pc

Where else would you get the PC version?

GUtUP1U.jpg

#93995 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   650 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted Today, 01:55 AM

I still wouldn't get the pc version on pc, apparently the game's online is empty unless you're planning to play offline/locals

"apparently"

don't use the word, we're pc master race, we know damn well how many who's are playing what's when

http://steamcharts.com/app/493840

Ya i'd be pretty skeptical about buying it on PC too. But game could be dead on consoles for all we know as well, they don't tell us

#93996 KeeperOfWind  

KeeperOfWind

Posted Today, 01:58 AM

Where else would you get the PC version?

On the commodore 64

"apparently"

don't use the word, we're pc master race, we know damn well how many who's are playing what's when

http://steamcharts.com/app/493840

Ya i'd be pretty skeptical about buying it on PC too. But game could be dead on consoles for all we know as well, they don't tell us

It's just generally known to buy fighting games on the ps4 this generation because most of the tournament players stick to ps4 thus you get a large following going there.

It isn't my prefer choice either to play on the ps4..
You can find tournaments on reddit if you really do invest into the MVCI's pc version.

zNmz5OX.jpg

#93997 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4918 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:47 AM

Uh, sure, unless you count that Steam bundle with the chinese game that everyone bought

that was $15 total right?  That Chinese game will be bundled soon so I rather just get the device by itself for $5

Does anyone know if Gamestop has similar price online?

#93998 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4918 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:49 AM

You can find tournaments on reddit if you really do invest into the MVCI's pc version.

what would be the advantage for playing the PC version? The PS4 version can still do 60 fps right?

#93999 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22768 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:50 AM

Beamdog is doing a Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition:

https://kotaku.com/n...tion-1820626035

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#94000 KeeperOfWind  

KeeperOfWind

Posted Today, 02:51 AM

what would be the advantage for playing the PC version? The PS4 version can still do 60 fps right?

Frame Data Mods which tells you how many frames a hit was for an example 1frame start for a punch which is useful for mid/higher-end players.

Shaders too like any other pc game.

So not much, if the game is ever lower than $10 on pc I would highly recommend it with a group.
The gameplay is very solid. 

zNmz5OX.jpg

#94001 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   9733 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:52 AM

No wonder it wasn't nearly as good as the first.

Whenever EA gets its mitts on a developer it's game over.

ax0Yp0W_700b.jpg

And, of course, you kind find half a dozen other memes on the varying developers getting shot and left in the gutter.

#94002 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22768 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:20 AM

Whenever EA gets its mitts on a developer it's game over.

ax0Yp0W_700b.jpg

And, of course, you kind find half a dozen other memes on the varying developers getting shot and left in the gutter.

I'm wondering when DICE and BioWare are next. I'm hoping it won't happen - but it's EA, so it's inevitable.

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#94003 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   4899 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted Today, 04:40 AM

I'm wondering when DICE and BioWare are next. I'm hoping it won't happen - but it's EA, so it's inevitable.

Dice will outlast Bioware.

Frankly, if Anthem fails in a serious way I wouldn't be surprised if that's it...

#94004 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted Today, 05:05 AM

From Nov 23-26 at GameStop of all places:

https://www.gamestop...ion/blackfriday

Steam Link device = $4.99

My first thought was that if I bought this, I'd never use it and it would essentially be paying $5 for a paperweight.

Then I realized that $5 for a paperweight is actually an OK deal.

In 4 1 fairly-priced paperweight.

#94005 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22768 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:10 AM

My first thought was that if I bought this, I'd never use it and it would essentially be paying $5 for a paperweight.

Then I realized that $5 for a paperweight is actually an OK deal.

In 4 1 fairly-priced paperweight.

If you have a PC and HDTV, don't have cables (especially if they're a distance away), and need to stream one to the other - Steam Link's a steal at $5.

Steam Link's built into my Samsung 4K HDTV...and it streams Steam-games just fine.

#94006 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6223 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:26 AM

Bioware has been dead already for years.  Might as well put them out of their misery and let the brand die with whatever dignity it has left. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#94007 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   9733 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:06 AM

s00per game journalist review!!!!

Hand of Fate 2 is good.  If you liked the first you'll like the second (big surprise, right?).  Only thing some people might not like is the game is centered around 'challenges' sort of like the DLC in the first game.  Each level has a 'quest/objective' and they're somewhat more complicated as you get to the harder ones.  You have to alter your 'loadout' (encounter, item, etc. cards) to optimize your chances of success on a given mission.  There's also certain limiting factors for different challenges (food doesn't heal, you have to accomplish X before Y happens, etc.).  The various facets they add make for a deeper experience and puts them in a good place for some interesting DLC.

15-20ish hours to beat the main campaign/missions with probably another 10-15 if you want to get a bunch of achievements/unlock all the tokens/items/encounters.  Endless mode is being added later as a free DLC.

Edit: I'll give it one noticeable con -- movement/combat is a bit less fluid than the first game.  Movement particularly feels a bit sluggish.  It's something you probably won't notice if you haven't played a few dozen hours of Hand of Fate 1, though.

#94008 BellardB   Get your head in the game! CAGiversary!   447 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:31 AM

Brutal Legend:

B8MFI-YB9AI-E75XC