* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#99181 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5286 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:49 PM

https://fr.gamestore...ead-833065.html

Cuphead for 3€. Price mistake or monthly trap?

#99182 Tsel   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   7591 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:51 PM

Fixed? Link takes me to the main page and Cuphead shows $16.99 when you search it.

#99183 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5286 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:54 PM

France site only :P

#99184 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4323 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:14 PM

France site only :P

oGex8.gif

#99185 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5286 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:20 PM

V...P...N  :-s

#99186 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8914 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:45 PM

Impressions of Has-Been heroes.

I decided to play it as I was reminded of it when IG rebundled it.

Graphics: Honestly a pretty mixed bag. It's not ugly per say, but it feels kind of amateur and mobile like. Spell effects look alright, but everything else is pretty basic. 6/10

Sound: Music is basic adventuring fare with some medieval sounding music. There are no voices and characters only grunt. The sounds for stuff hitting and stuff sounds OK enough. 6/10

Story: Barely there. You take the princesses to school with 3 heroes. That's it. 2/10

Gameplay: You better hope the RNG is with you because there are a lot of random factors. The boss of certain areas may not be random though. There are shops along the map and other things like camps to get back stamina. Stamina is your and your opponents block meter and shows how many hits a thing can take before it starts taking damage. There are 3 lanes corresponding to your 3 heroes.

The tutorial was confusing as heck and is hard to control on PC. I can see why the console ports are not well regarded. This thing only controls OK with a mouse and maybe touch screen if it's on mobile. Basically each enemy has stamina and you try to get rid of it exactly with your actions. This ends up stunning opponents and you do a lot of damage after hitting them afterwards, which get rids of their max stamina by 1, and sends them flying back. You can combo in a way by attacking and then switching lanes and doing stuff there. This is essential for stunning and winning in the game. You also have skills which do things, but I like the ones for doing damage and for making attacks stronger. These skills and attack timings are on timers. 

This game is hard as nails too. You will lose. When you win your first run, the game becomes a lot harder and becomes longer. RNG comes into play with how hard fights are, what items you get, what you see on the map, if magic is available, etc... You can mitigate it a bit by being good at stunning and sending monsters flying, but it helps having more power and cooler abilities. Frankly i'm getting OK at the game enough to get by the 1st area most of the time. It takes many losses though, and you unlock stuff by collecting souls from dead enemies. You wont know what they do till you get them in the game and reveal what they do.

Overall I think it's OK, but feels clunky. The controls are janky sometimes, especially for switching lanes. I wish you could switch lanes without attacking, but eh. 8/10

Fun Factor: Overall I was enjoying myself enough. It feels clunky at times, and maybe a bit too long for moving around the map, and sometimes battles are just hard, but it's alright. This is worth a play especially at bundled prices. I likely wont play it too long, but I'll enjoy it likely for about 10 hours or so. 7.5/10

I would recommend getting the IG bundle with it if you don't have it, and like rouge lite games, or possibly Plants vs. Zombies like games. I enjoyed it enough for sure.

#99187 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8432 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:29 PM

I finished up SOMA last night.

I liked it, but it wasn't super amazing.

Spoiler heavy "review" below.

Spoiler

#99188 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8443 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:07 PM

1. Use Wesp's Unofficial Patch: Basic Version or Tessera's True Patch on PlayThrough 1 (PT1).

First off, you'll need one of those patches to flat-out boot-up the game anyways. Also, those two patches mostly have bug fixes and a few changes/restorations. You can save any other mods or Wesp's Unofficial Patch: Plus Version for PT2 or above. If you have V:TM-B on GOG, just do Wesp's UP Basic on PT1; it comes equipped with that anyways.

2. Don't play as Malkavian on PT1.

Malkavian's are bat-crap crazy - they have their own lingo and speak in riddles, metaphors, and whatever else...so their lines are different than ALL the other classes. You might not even understand what the original dialogue line was, unless you know the game very well. Also, they talk to stop-signs, talk to other inanimate objects, hear voices, interrupt things - as entertaining as this is, that might be better suited to deal w/ on a later PT.

3. Don't play as Nosferatu on PT1.

You have a limited amount of Masquerades you can break. Break enough of them, game over. If you even get spotted by a human b/c you're so ugly and hideous as a Nosferatu, you're going to violate the Masquerade. And you'll likely get attacked, too. You're likely going to stick to the sewers to move around the game-world, if you go Nosferatu...so you don't get spotted by anyone. Sure, there are times when you can redeem the Masqeurades and do something very humane to replenish a Masquerade - but you're better suited playing that type of character on a replay. Also, stealth approach isn't for everyone and Nosferatu are best-suited for that approach. Yeah, stealth approaches aren't always the most action-packed and not always the most straight-forward - so this character isn't for everyone.

4. Back 1/3rd of the game is an action-fest.

When you decide who you side with (trust me, you'll know when this happens), I'm going to hope you already have sunk lots of points already in Action skills (combat, magic, guns, defense, etc). If not, you should do so...ASAP. And hopefully, it ain't too late b/c the game can get tougher in the last 1/3rd.

Good advice. Honestly for me the first 2/3 of the game was pretty great and then he last 1/3 sucked. If i ever play the game again it'll be as a malkavian and I'll just play til the action fest picks up then quit. The combat is okay for a 15 year old narrative + choices and consequences rpg but to focus on it ruins the game.

#99189 DoctorZ  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:22 PM

The set of games on sale change on the Razer's game store.

Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullets is 15%- $­42.49 comes down to $27.48 with the $15- off coupon.

Some other games are on sale too

#99190 HBX   Let That Boy Cook CAGiversary!   1008 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:30 PM

I've noticed the underrated gem Troll and I is 90 percent off on Steam. Seems like total Groupees bait to me.

#99191 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20426 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:35 PM

The set of games on sale change on the Razer's game store.

Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullets is 15%- $­42.49 comes down to $27.48 with the $15- off coupon.

Some other games are on sale too

Some pretty decent exclusive deals.  Surge is $15 with $15 coupon code in return. 

#99192 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1436 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:16 PM

Some pretty decent exclusive deals.  Surge is $15 with $15 coupon code in return. 

I decided to grab this, thanks.  I had the promo code from launch week still in my cart (i guess?) and the total was $11.90 for me.  +vouchers and monopoly money i think

#99193 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14164 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:16 PM

For The King is $6 per key in a 3-pack on Nuuvem. BATTLETECH preorder is $18. Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization Deluxe is $17. Might as well take a trip to Brasilia after you're done in Paris.

#99194 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24008 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:38 PM

My recollection is that the bit after you meet the Oriental vampires is a slog of combat after combat. I think I ended up quitting the game around that point in frustration. The last act of the game feels very rushed, rather like the end of KOTOR II, except I'm pretty sure I finished that one.

I think on my first play-through, the back 1/3rd I was fine with b/c I played the game when it was (somewhat) new and RPG/FPS/TPS/action hybrids weren't as common.

But on replays, yeah - it gets more and more apparent with each playthrough; especially if you try to not play as an action-y character. Some of the story & character stuff really does feel rushed and some things fall apart for me; this is basically right after you jump in the cab and have the cab ride decision that shapes the back 1/3 of the game.

Some sub-plots and stories feel like they never get proper endings either, if you go a certain direction with that; i.e. the Heather Poe plot-line in one path....

Spoiler

It feels like Activision pushed the game out of the door way too early and/or asked Troika to make the game more action-packed later on, too.

#99195 Zipomatic2   Really, Really Cheap CAGiversary!   498 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:52 PM

Thanks for the heads up, grabbed this too.

I'm guessing the $15 is sent later on via e-mail?

#99196 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1436 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:53 PM

Yes it's supposed to be sent a day later or so. Lots of people were getting delayed vouchers during the first week.  Hoping they're more on the ball now.

#99197 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20426 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:15 AM

Yeah, voucher comes later.  It's the weekend so it might not show up until Friday and it's a $15 off $30 voucher (they don't clarify that in the ad).  I used my old voucher to get Surge and Cuphead for $16 total.  

Also, some people reported that the rgslaunch15 code still worked for them (if you haven't used it before) so that's worth a try. 

#99198 shrinerr   NOT THE BEES! CAGiversary!   1164 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:28 AM

https://store.steamp...10/Titty_Crush/

#99199 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3270 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:25 AM

Love da titties. Don't crush da titties.

#99200 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10279 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:29 AM

Graphics card prices are starting to dip back to semi-reasonable levels.  I'm seeing some 1060's for around $260 albeit a 3GB version.  Dunno if ZOMG 6GB of VRAMZ is going to be needed in the next couple of years unless you're doing 4k/1440 or whatever.

I still want to hold out for the 1160's or 1170's but thinking that will be another six months off.

#99201 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5286 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:51 AM

you may not need 6GB, but 3GB doesn't cut it. 

#99202 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3270 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 21 April 2018 - 08:14 AM

Wrong. You need ALL the GBs!

#99203 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10685 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:11 PM

I feel the same. 3GB is what my old 7950 had in 2012. Plus those 3GB 1060s have the gimpy chips compared to their 6GB brothers.

Anyway, I'd call 4GB my minimum

#99204 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24008 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:28 PM

Graphics card prices are starting to dip back to semi-reasonable levels.  I'm seeing some 1060's for around $260 albeit a 3GB version.  Dunno if ZOMG 6GB of VRAMZ is going to be needed in the next couple of years unless you're doing 4k/1440 or whatever.

I still want to hold out for the 1160's or 1170's but thinking that will be another six months off.

How much more $ is the 6GB version now? If you can't wait around for the 1160's & 1170's and/or you can somehow score an insane deal on a 1060 6GB - probably better off with that, for future-proofing with the 6GB & having a bigger VRAM buffer zone for better textures and graphics settings.

Most games at either 1080p  here, I was anywhere in VRAM usage of 2GB to 4GB on the 4GB 960 at 1080p Ultra; and 1440p with the 970 at 1440p with Medium-to-High or better. I normally take an overall setting that I like and then customize from there w/ settings to try to get better performance - so I don't always put V Sync, Tress FX, Supersampling, and other framerate killing stuff on.

But often, I do limit FPS to somewhere b/t 30fps to 60fps in-game (if they allow it in-game - some games like Dishonored 2 and GR Wildlands have it in-game in their Graphics Menu), or via NVidia Control Panel, NVidia Inspector, or MSI Afterburner.

EDIT:

I feel the same. 3GB is what my old 7950 had in 2012. Plus those 3GB 1060s have the gimpy chips compared to their 6GB brothers.

Anyway, I'd call 4GB my minimum.

I like the way Syntax thinks here.

#99205 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10685 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 21 April 2018 - 01:48 PM

If you can swing $40 more, I'm seeing 1060 6GB models going for around the $300 mark.  I'm not a big fan of "Here's an option more expensive than what you wanted" but doubling your memory and a faster GPU would seem like the way to go for 15% more over $260 if you can make it happen.  Might be worth holding for a week or so and watching 1060 6GB prices, hoping to grab a deal.

#99206 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24008 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:09 PM

If you can swing $40 more, I'm seeing 1060 6GB models going for around the $300 mark.  I'm not a big fan of "Here's an option more expensive than what you wanted" but doubling your memory and a faster GPU would seem like the way to go for 15% more over $260 if you can make it happen.  Might be worth holding for a week or so and watching 1060 6GB prices, hoping to grab a deal.

I agree.

If for some reason moves have to be made now (of all times) to buy a GPU: for $40 more, double the VRAM to 6GB. It'll be worth it in the long-run.

#99207 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24008 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:26 PM

NewEgg Deal:

Destiny 2 PC retail box (with a Battle.Net code inside only) is $15 again on w/ Free Shipping and an e-mail code.

Side note:

Since it will have to be downloaded in full from B-Net, Destiny 2 PC (base-game) takes up almost 57GB of space.

#99208 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8914 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:38 PM

Remember my OK review of Has-Been Heroes a few pages back? I'm officially done with it already. The last play through I went through was so repetitive I really didn't want to do the battles anymore. They become pretty long and repetitive right away, and the strategy doesn't change. Also why can't I get more attacks or something? Other than basic here's some more crit chance, or strength, or less spell recharge from upgrades, you never change how your person plays really. I'm done with it and downgrading my previous score to 6/10. It has a massive amount of stuff to unlock, but it's just a drudge getting there, and the battle system doesn't feel cleaner as time goes one, like Plants vs. Zombies and better plants. Officially dropped now.

#99209 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24008 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:54 PM

@Nitro

How many hours did you get out of the game?

#99210 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10279 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:34 PM

Doesn't cut it for what, though? 1080p medium/high settings?  I'm not a big believer in 'future proofing' as from what I've seen over the last decade the 'future' doesn't arrive nearly as fast as people think it will.  Probably the most demanding game I will play over the next two or three years will be Warband 2 and that's only demanding given the number of people/npcs on the screen at once for large scale battles.

Stuff like hair physics and such don't matter to me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Origin, Uplay, DRM-Free