* * * * * 84 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#101551 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11111 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 30 June 2018 - 03:02 PM

I won Pharaonic.

SWEET!

Spoiler

#101552 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4946 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 03:26 PM

I won Pharaonic.

SWEET!

How did that work?  Did it just appear in your library?

#101553 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10523 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 03:35 PM

How did that work?  Did it just appear in your library?

Yep, received an email from Steam and it was already in my library.

#101554 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8917 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 03:46 PM

So I did a giveaway on steamgifts for "In Fear I Trust" from a poopees bundle.  I figured I'd just give the winner of Episode 1 the other 3 episodes.

The guy that won isn't a native english speaker and declined my steam invite.  So I emailed him the keys and told him I did so in a reply of his "Thanks" comment. 

He replied with "no thanks =) I'm afraid for Scamming".

WtseYWY.gif

#101555 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   720 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 05:08 PM

Yep, received an email from Steam and it was already in my library.

The U2 of Steam.

#101556 tckilla76   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 07:18 PM

Hey guys...I know this isn't a deal request thread but I'm looking to pick up Destiny 2 and the expansion pass for PC. Anybody know of any deals out there for it right now?

#101557 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6231 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 07:49 PM

Hey guys...I know this isn't a deal request thread but I'm looking to pick up Destiny 2 and the expansion pass for PC. Anybody know of any deals out there for it right now?

Nothing at all wrong about asking people for help finding a deal. People do it all the time here.

Unfortunately though, I'm not gonna be a lot of help. Destiny 2 doesn't interest me all that much, so I haven't been keeping an eye on it. The one thing that I would suggest is that you check the Steam/PC Game trading thread. Destiny 2 (the base game) was recently feature in a humble monthly. So there should be people with extra keys out there who will sell them to you for $12-15. I believe it was region locked though. So if you go that route, be sure to buy the one that corresponds to your region (E.G. North America or Europe).

#101558 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25651 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 08:37 PM

It would be nice to find some cheap Destiny 2 DLC's/Expansion Pass/etc.

I really liked the Destiny 2 base-game a hell of a lot, despite it being always online.

#101559 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3653 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 30 June 2018 - 08:56 PM

Can anyone speak to the quality/longevity/worthwhile-ness of Shadow of War? If I "complete my collection", since I have the last Shadow Of GOTY, I can get SoWar Gold for $27.19 or thereabouts. Just wondering if I should bother.

#101560 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14884 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 09:12 PM

Can anyone speak to the quality/longevity/worthwhile-ness of Shadow of War? If I "complete my collection", since I have the last Shadow Of GOTY, I can get SoWar Gold for $27.19 or thereabouts. Just wondering if I should bother.

Can always send that $27.19 to me. Promise I won't buy any stupid achievement spam games with it.

#101561 Red_Lizard2  

Red_Lizard2

Posted 30 June 2018 - 09:14 PM

Is there a reason to play beyond getting cards?  And clothes to sell for half a penny I guess?  And the 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000 chance of winning a game that will be bundled next week?

Hey, I got a piece of clothing, that was selling for a nickle, once! 

#101562 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11111 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 30 June 2018 - 09:20 PM

Can anyone speak to the quality/longevity/worthwhile-ness of Shadow of War?

I remember that Bah liked it pretty well.  You can read his review for it here.

#101563 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3653 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 30 June 2018 - 09:32 PM

Can always send that $27.19 to me. Promise I won't buy any stupid achievement spam games with it.

I had no clue that was even an option. So generous of you to take it off my hands. Sure you won't mind?

I remember that Bah liked it pretty well.  You can read his review for it here.

Eh, on second thought, might just wait. Well written review, but seems like too much work for the "fun".

Honestly, I think I'm just looking for a game to help me stop dwelling on Cyber Punk. Was really, really hoping that'd be out soon, but CDPR was just toying with our emotions, now claiming it's only in a pre-alpha state and possibly years away.

#101564 RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21127 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

RealCheapLikeAFoxOfficial

Posted 30 June 2018 - 09:47 PM

I had no clue that was even an option. So generous of you to take it off my hands. Sure you won't mind?

Eh, on second thought, might just wait. Well written review, but seems like too much work for the "fun".

Honestly, I think I'm just looking for a game to help me stop dwelling on Cyber Punk. Was really, really hoping that'd be out soon, but CDPR was just toying with our emotions, now claiming it's only in a pre-alpha state and possibly years away.

Republique

#101565 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   3080 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2018 - 12:43 AM

Republique

Somehow, even though I've been interested in this game since I saw it in a GB Quick Look nigh 4 years ago, it was not on my wishlist. 80% off makes it a buy. LordGabeN thanks you for your service Foxy-shill. 

#101566 Preedatore   Hamburger Thread CAGiversary!   1533 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2018 - 01:42 AM

Pretty subjective question, but is there a best Jackbox or are they all pretty hit or miss?

#101567 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11322 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 01 July 2018 - 02:32 AM

Pretty subjective question, but is there a best Jackbox or are they all pretty hit or miss?

Jackbox Party Pack 3 is typically seen as the best, though it is missing Drawful, Fibbage and  You Don't Know Jack. 
Jackbox Party Pack has Drawful and Fibbage and does have You Don't Know Jack, but the rest of the games are kinda blah. 
Jackbox  Party Pack 2 is just kind middling comparatively. 
Jackbox Party Pack 4 is alright, but doesn't really have a standout. 

TL;DR: 3>1>4>2. 

Unless you need one for a get-together this weekend or something, I'd just keep an eye Fanatical. They've been doing bundles and Star Deals of them occassionally.

#101568 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11322 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 01 July 2018 - 02:50 AM

Since I missed the Steam Sale haul posts.

Thus far, I've only picked up a few things: 

Rock of Ages 2- Because I had the first one, it was now to $4.50. I really like the art style and sense of humor of the first one, and this is lots more of the same, now with additional co-op features.  

Quantum Conundrum Season Pass.  99 cents for the game and the DLC- a wanna be portal with ok production values and owning it makes future Square Enix bundles cheaper. I'm good with that. 

12 Labors of Hercules VII: Fleecing the Fleece ($1.19)
Farm Frenzy Heave Ho, Farm Frenzy Hurricane Season, Farm Frenzy Collection. ($5.49)
I've hung around here way too long, and somehow got infected by the Motoki-Grandma-Games-Virus. 
But, they're decently made, and make for good braindead clicking while binge-streaming Netflix or watching Saturday/Sunday sports. 

Gothic Universe Edition ($3.99)- GOG's last few sales have me going back and picking up old RPGs. I'll probably never play them, but 99 cents each is right around my buy price for reasonably well-reviewed CRPGS of days gone by. 

Alien Splatter Redux ($0.49) and Princess Remedy: In a Heap of Trouble ($0.50)- Retro-styled platformers are something I enjoy... for the right price. Fifty cents is right around the right price. 
Alien Splatter Redux is a Contra-like 8/16-bit styled shoot-em up, and Princess Remedy is a ZX-Spectrum styled game that is the sequel to the free game (Princess Remedy in a World of Hurt)

#101569 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5832 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 01 July 2018 - 03:01 AM

It would be nice to find some cheap Destiny 2 DLC's/Expansion Pass/etc.

I really liked the Destiny 2 base-game a hell of a lot, despite it being always online.

The expansion pass was like half off on humble recently...

Granted, I still don't know why anyone would want it... You need the base game, that expansion pass, a 40 dollar patch to fix the game (Forsaken), just so you can decide if you want to give them more money for their next annual
pass. (Which costs 35 bucks.)

I still have my humble copy and I'm willing to sale for 29 bucks. Yes, it should be cheaper but if you want to play Destiny 2 you need to get use to the idea of being price gouged.

#101570 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8802 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2018 - 03:01 AM

It's WB. It'll be a lot cheaper in six months.

#101571 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25651 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2018 - 03:14 AM

The expansion pass was like half off on humble recently...

Granted, I still don't know why anyone would want it... You need the base game, that expansion pass, a 40 dollar patch to fix the game (Forsaken), just so you can decide if you want to give them more money for their next annual
pass. (Which costs 35 bucks.)

I still have my humble copy and I'm willing to sale for 29 bucks. Yes, it should be cheaper but if you want to play Destiny 2 you need to get use to the idea of being price gouged.

Oh, that's right; Forsaken is still coming. Will have to wait for a Complete Edition to namely get all the Expansion/DLC Content, the way this going.

#101572 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8809 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2018 - 03:16 AM

It's typically pretty cheap anyway, but the Commandos Collection is currently the star deal at fanatical and is 79 cents. I'm not sure if the 10 percent off code is eligible on star deals or not, but if it is that'd make it like 70 cents. 

#101573 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14884 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2018 - 05:05 AM

It's typically pretty cheap anyway, but the Commandos Collection is currently the star deal at fanatical and is 79 cents. I'm not sure if the 10 percent off code is eligible on star deals or not, but if it is that'd make it like 70 cents. 

10% of 0.79 is 7.9, dummy. You clearly move the decibel spot to the east 1 place whenever you times.

This is an anti-deal.

#101574 NickNude  

NickNude

Posted 01 July 2018 - 06:46 AM

So I did a giveaway on steamgifts for "In Fear I Trust" from a poopees bundle.  I figured I'd just give the winner of Episode 1 the other 3 episodes.

The guy that won isn't a native english speaker and declined my steam invite.  So I emailed him the keys and told him I did so in a reply of his "Thanks" comment. 

He replied with "no thanks =) I'm afraid for Scamming".

WtseYWY.gif

You can get your account hacked just by accepting a key and activating it. That's why I stopped doing steamgifts.

#101575 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5832 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 01 July 2018 - 07:17 AM

So I got to talking with a console(s) only coworker the other day which lead me to look up something on my monitor via Newegg. I had by chance bought new RAM at the same time... I paid 100 and, though out of stock, it sales for 175.

I wish I could get that kind of return on my 401K.

#101576 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25651 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2018 - 12:20 PM

With Fanatical these days, normally promo codes don't work on Star Deals, Bundles & Pre-Orders.

Worth a shot to try, though - but usually, no dice.

RED10 is the 10% off code currently, in case anyone's trying.

#101577 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5743 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2018 - 05:42 PM

I really went crazy this year, so I don't want to forget to post my haul:

Creeper World 2: Anniversary Edition $0.99

I did manage to get to level 20 or so in their Intergalactic game, so I have a bunch of items I may end up selling to recoup a few of those pennies.

I've hung around here way too long, and somehow got infected by the Motoki-Grandma-Games-Virus.

Welcome to the fold. :twisted:

#101578 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8917 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2018 - 07:21 PM

You can get your account hacked just by accepting a key and activating it. That's why I stopped doing steamgifts.

Is this something I don't know about or is it just someone using account recovery?

#101579 weretable   Its the end of the world and I feel fine CAGiversary!   999 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 01 July 2018 - 07:32 PM

I bought two Steam wallet cards with WoW gold.  My mindless auction house flipping when I am too tired to play anything that actually requires effort pays off at last.  

#101580 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11111 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 01 July 2018 - 09:35 PM

Is this something I don't know about or is it just someone using account recovery?

I know that "Do you have a key you've activated" is one of the recovery questions but I assume that comes after things like "What's your real name".

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Steam, Origin, Uplay, DRM-Free, Epic