* * * * * 81 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#108661 spacegundam0079   Itchy, Tasty ... CAGiversary!   1430 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

spacegundam0079

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:10 AM

Grid 2 already have it :)

8VGPL-RE9Z9-VLCGJ

#108662 Needles-Kane  

Needles-Kane

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:28 AM

Grid 2 already have it :)

8VGPL-RE9Z9-VLCGJ

Thanks dude!

#108663 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8023 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:29 AM

So, let's assume I'm too lazy to go read up on Derpvision 2 (I am) and never played Derpvision 1.  What do I need to know as far as basics?  Are there 'classes' or anything?

Enjoy the story, stop and smell the roses, but get up to max level as fast as you can.  Because all that time you spend dicking around with optimizing equipment is pointless once you've reached the level cap. 

It's another Ubisoft map vomit game so just try and do the stuff that gives you the most experience.  Which is mostly the main missions and the side missions, along with anything else you need to do to get ability points.  You can't really go into missions underleveled; you'd just be getting carried.  Mostly you want to do stuff is that exactly your level.  You might as well grab the +exp abilities with your early points too.  Save your crafting materials along the way, and start making note of the crafting material routes and spots, as you will use a ton of them throughout your game.  Break down your old weapons and armor for crafting components.

#108664 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10572 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:32 AM

Are there perks or specs?  I'm assuming if so you can respec?  I guess what I really want to know is, for grouping purposes, does it matter how you build your character (if, in fact, that can be done)?

#108665 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2907 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:35 AM

What the Fuck is irony?

It's like rain on your wedding day.

#108666 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8023 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:37 AM

It's a free ride when you've already paid.

#108667 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2087 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:42 AM

Enjoy the story, stop and smell the roses, but get up to max level as fast as you can. Because all that time you spend dicking around with optimizing equipment is entirely pointless once you reach the level cap.

It's another Ubisoft map vomit game so just try and do the stuff that gives you the most experience. Which is mostly the main missions and the side missions, along with anything else you need to do to get ability points. You can't really go into missions underleveled; you'd just be getting carried. Mostly you want to do stuff is that exactly your level. You might as well grab the +exp abilities with your early points too. Save your crafting materials along the way, and start making note of the crafting material routes and spots, as you will use a ton of them throughout your game. Break down your old weapons and armor for crafting components.

Damn. Who hurt you?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

#108668 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1706 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:00 AM

Are there perks or specs?  I'm assuming if so you can respec?  I guess what I really want to know is, for grouping purposes, does it matter how you build your character (if, in fact, that can be done)?

The specs are all in the outfitting, guns/backpacks/gloves/etc all give stats. The perks are via your unlocks of option Q/E things, so stuff like healing drones, turrets, tracking bombs, etc. You can fully unlock all of them and swap between what you want though, of course dependant on what unlocks you have since you have to have earned enough to unlock them

#108669 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8023 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:02 AM

Don't worry about the way you spend your ability points.  You'll get it all eventually. 

Your build will be based around the weapons and armor you have equipped.  There are lots of different +damage, +healing, +armor, +skillpower, and set bonuses on equipment.  So start paying attention to their tooltips.  It's all interchangable. 

#108670 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10914 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:59 AM

There's perks although, if it's anything like Div 1, by the time you hit the end game you'll have the whole perk catalog filled.

There's general "class" archetypes (sniper, gadgets, assault, etc) but they're via your gear rather than your character traits.  So for one group you maybe put on your assault gear, for another group your medic/support loadout.  It's not something you worry about until you hit level 30 - World Tier 5; up until then it's just wearing the best you have and making due.

#108671 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5482 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:01 AM

In full groups I would be tempted to use skills I wouldn't really need as you likely only need so much healing but I wouldn't worry about such stuff till endgame.  For starters I would grab the turret first, chem launcher (heal) second.  In the SHD cache stuff you'll want to unlock extra armor kits and grenades sooner than later.  If you're not struggling to survive I recommend getting the XP bonus unlocked sooner than later too.  Its not hard to rack up an extra 1000 or so exp after one encounter...  And that stuff adds up quickly enough.

#108672 DoctorZ  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:14 AM

TenCent stealing all your data!

Aren't they just taking Public Steam data? If it was anything else such as passwords then I would complain.
Heck they most likely already gather any public profile data already.

After they allowed an option to connect your Steam friends to Fortnite I assumed this was going to happen.

#108673 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8590 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:37 AM

Aren't they just taking Public Steam data? If it was anything else such as passwords then I would complain.
Heck they most likely already gather any public profile data already.

After they allowed an option to connect your Steam friends to Fortnite I assumed this was going to happen.

This person says it also looks around System Certificates and cookies.

#108674 DoctorZ  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:24 AM

And the news just keep getting worst.

Glory to our Steam overlords, I didn't even like Fortnite that much.

#108675 Dark_Sage   Superior CAGiversary!   3492 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:33 AM

bUt ThAt'S jUsT a CoNsPiRaCy!

this message sent by a tacky app

#108676 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1332 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:21 AM

Just a heads up to anyone interested it appears Dead or Alive 6 just added their free Core Fighters version of the game.  You get access to Kasumi, Hitomi, Bass and Diego and supposedly they'll be rotating characters out over time.

#108677 weretable   KLF is gonna rock you CAGiversary!   820 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 15 March 2019 - 06:29 AM

If anybody wanted to try Zombi but didn't like the mixed reviews, it is a whopping $2.00 on uplay.

#108678 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4288 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:43 AM

If anybody wanted to try Zombi but didn't like the mixed reviews, it is a whopping $2.00 on uplay.

Too rich for my blood.

#108679 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6187 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:21 AM

Just a heads up to anyone interested it appears Dead or Alive 6 just added their free Core Fighters version of the game. You get access to Kasumi, Hitomi, Bass and Diego and supposedly they'll be rotating characters out over time.

Not sure about Steam, but it's 30GB for the free version on Xbox. Didn't feel like taking up that much space for something I'd play maybe twice

#108680 BellardB   Get your head in the game! CAGiversary!   557 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:49 AM

Grid 2: E3CGJ-ADNIR-VY36R

Bathurst Track Pack: BX6ZN-BE5VZ-PD4IE

Spa-Francorchamps Track Pack: BXFBN-EHH75-ZA3K6

#108681 shrinerr   NOT THE BEES! CAGiversary!   1196 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:09 PM

No Man's Sky adding more "stuff"

https://www.nomanssk...ans-sky-beyond/

#108682 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20795 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:26 PM

Have any shruggie clan people gotten their Div 2 codes yet?

#108683 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5482 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:06 PM

There's a pretty bad bug in the Div 2 right now, I don't know if its just at high levels or if it was just introduced last night, but any skill that has a cooldown...  turret, mine, drone, etc. will deploy but quickly disappear.  Its not consistent.  So yeah, healing chem launcher as for skill is my recommendation now.

#108684 mnuttster   CAG It Up! CAGiversary!   917 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:44 PM

Is $24 the lowest we've seen Two Point Hospital on sale for?  Have been on the fence, but don't think I've seen it go lower...

#108685 Kelkeen   \mm/ \mm/ CAGiversary!   750 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:47 PM

Between free mid-weeks and weekends, you really can just not spend any money on gaming.

#108686 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20795 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:56 PM

Is $24 the lowest we've seen Two Point Hospital on sale for?  Have been on the fence, but don't think I've seen it go lower...

https://isthereanyde...thospital/info/

Says it's been $19.99 in Direct2Drive and I think it was a similar price on Voidu at one point.

#108687 shrinerr   NOT THE BEES! CAGiversary!   1196 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 06:51 PM

Have any shruggie clan people gotten their Div 2 codes yet?

no...

#108688 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5482 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 15 March 2019 - 06:57 PM

no...

Looks like I made the right call...  I would be beyond annoyed at this point. 

#108689 geicorules  

geicorules

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:02 PM

So I assume someone already mention MCC is coming to steam.

I was a little curious on what you guys think the price point will be on the game since they will be releasing it A la carte style.

This is my assumption what do you guys think.

Reach will launch with the highest MSRP because it will be reach plus multiplayer. I assume the others will just be campaign and we will receive multiplayer maps free for multiplayer just like they currently do are doing for reach on mcc Xbox.

So my assumption is as follows
Halo Reach $30
Halo 1 $20
Halo 2 $20
Halo 3 $20
Halo 3 odst $15
Halo 4 $20
Total $125: buy complete save 20%

After complete comes out you may get the option to buy just online for $25 and reach will launch standalone for $20

Do you plan to buy? Would you buy at this price point?

#108690 shrinerr   NOT THE BEES! CAGiversary!   1196 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:11 PM

Looks like I made the right call...  I would be beyond annoyed at this point. 

eh, that's my fault. i pulled the trigger on tuesday. a smarter man would've done it much earlier. i would have fakeybro'd, but the deal was to good to pass up... contingent upon me eventually getting the codes.