* * * * * 83 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#110911 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24762 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2019 - 02:44 PM

I'm sure all of the Borderlands are better than the mess and performance-garbage Fallout 76 is putting forth on this  freeweekend. My God, performance is atrocious on FO76.

FO76 is like ESO during No-NDA Beta, running at 1080p at 25-35fps on Medium (GTX 970 desktop) - which wouldn't be so bad, if it wasn't having stuttering and other frame-time issues; and if this didn't look graphically worse than FO4.

Meh.

#110912 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5700 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2019 - 03:40 PM

Tiny Tina had a tendency to be grating at times, but I guess the character never bothered me as much as it seems to bother others. Also, if you play through Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, you get to see another side of her that helps round things out a bit.

The strongest writing in the series, in my opinion, was General Knoxx.

But I don't really play any of them for the chatter as I tend to forget all about it when I'm out roaming around destroying the local fauna.

#110913 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8340 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2019 - 03:54 PM

The more I think about it the more and more I'm getting really excited for Baldur's Gate III.  This is the most exciting vg announcement since 2077, for me.  5th edition, in a new BG game, made by Larian Studios.   omg.  I can't wait to play a legit D&D game with Minsc and Boo and pals, have branching dialogues and quest outcomes, save scum unique equipment, acquire weird magical named unique +3 loot, and romance some green skinned lizard lady that betrays me later so that I have to cleave her into exploding little fleshy bits.    

#110914 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9373 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2019 - 04:27 PM

I haven't played Baldur's Gate 2/expansion or Neverwinter Nights in ages. I also haven't played any of the ones trying to be spiritual successors.  I should be ready to play the new one when it comes out.

#110915 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1374 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 15 June 2019 - 04:38 PM

You're just exceptionally stupid, since I said that TPS is underrated and didn't make any comparisons between it and BL2 save for the combat. And you also seem to be confusing the poor humor/dialogue and "rip your ears off annoying" (this should be hyphenated) with all the cringe lines Ashly Burch voiced as Tiny Tina--the most annoying character in the entire franchise. Calling everyone "shawty" and stringing random words together before saying butt/badonkadonk/booty is funny to you? Are you 12? You don't seem to appreciate the Australian-style situational irony as comedy in TPS, so now I'm wondering if you need to hear ass-related slang in a high-pitched squeal every minute to be entertained. Would be fitting for your perceived maturity.

It's a humorous Mad Max, set in space with gravity mechanics and fucking lasers. What happened to the guardians from 1? You find out. Who are the villains in 2? You find out. Who is Jack, even? You find out.

TPS is a good game, and it's underrated. But you exceptionally stupid people are entitled to your own opinions. Mooby asked if he should play it, and we both said yes, so that's that.

Because someone saying ' bang tidy ' and ' Ere to elp! ' is so creatively funny.  Seriously, google the character Pickle and listen to some of his inane dialogue and then imagine him talking to you constantly throughout about 1/3 of the game.  I guess you must have to be highly educated to appreciate a horribly dramatized accent saying the stupidest shit ever.

On top of that the game only has a handful of environments and most of them are just the blue'ish gray of the outdoor moon areas.  Good thing you enjoy the floating low gravity because the fast travel stations are so spaced out you're going to be spending a bunch of your time just floaty jumping around in a drab environment getting from A to B, A+ gameplay right there.  TPS is rated exactly how it should be and is worth playing only because it is dirt cheap.  Claptastic Voyage was much better than the base game.

Also the irony of talking about a 'perceived maturity' is astounding.

#110916 Tibor   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   149 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2019 - 05:11 PM

The more I think about it the more and more I'm getting really excited for Baldur's Gate III.  This is the most exciting vg announcement since 2077, for me.  5th edition, in a new BG game, made by Larian Studios.   omg.  I can't wait to play a legit D&D game with Minsc and Boo and pals, have branching dialogues and quest outcomes, save scum unique equipment, acquire weird magical named unique +3 loot, and romance some green skinned lizard lady that betrays me later so that I have to cleave her into exploding little fleshy bits.    

Celestial Fury ftw. Bah, I'm going to have to get the enhanced versions now.

#110917 AcesHigh   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   453 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2019 - 06:09 PM

Anyone have a Steam Controller? See one for $35 at GS, debating picking it up. Wondering if they're any good/worth it.

#110918 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8655 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2019 - 06:12 PM

You're just exceptionally stupid, since I said that TPS is underrated and didn't make any comparisons between it and BL2 save for the combat. And you also seem to be confusing the poor humor/dialogue and "rip your ears off annoying" (this should be hyphenated) with all the cringe lines Ashly Burch voiced as Tiny Tina--the most annoying character in the entire franchise. Calling everyone "shawty" and stringing random words together before saying butt/badonkadonk/booty is funny to you? Are you 12? You don't seem to appreciate the Australian-style situational irony as comedy in TPS, so now I'm wondering if you need to hear ass-related slang in a high-pitched squeal every minute to be entertained. Would be fitting for your perceived maturity.

It's a humorous Mad Max, set in space with gravity mechanics and fucking lasers. What happened to the guardians from 1? You find out. Who are the villains in 2? You find out. Who is Jack, even? You find out.

TPS is a good game, and it's underrated. But you exceptionally stupid people are entitled to your own opinions. Mooby asked if he should play it, and we both said yes, so that's that.

lol wow 

I'm so psyched for BG3. Still a bit concerned about Larian's ability to craft a good story and have decent writing and whether that's a good fit for them w/BG (haven't played DOS2 yet, but wasn't impressed by the writing in DOS 1), but really excited overall. 

#110919 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10690 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2019 - 06:34 PM

What have I started?

(also happy Anthony Burch is no longer writing for Gearbox but sad Ashley Burch is still voicing Tina)

(also also sort of said that the way the new BL2 DLC was written, particularly Hector, was sort of Burch-ish although he was more like General Knoxx in a sort of meme-ish way).

#110920 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6824 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2019 - 06:36 PM

Anyone have a Steam Controller? See one for $35 at GS, debating picking it up. Wondering if they're any good/worth it.

I started as a console gamer, so it helped me to become more acclimated with PC gaming.  However, the controller isn't great for all types of games, so I wouldn't toss your Xbox 360/Xbox One/PS4 controller if you use one of those with certain games.  It's more like they should be used in tandem with each other.  It also works as a mouse for most other types of PC tasks.  So, you can use the controller as a mouse with the touchpad.  You can also create custom controls for certain games.  I bought mine 4 years ago, and it's been a mainstay for me ever since.  

The video on the Steam page is pretty spot-on in its description.  Watch it, but I'd pick it up for $35.  

https://store.steamp...eam_Controller/

Also, GameStop gift cards are still 10% off at Dollar General until closing time tonight.  You could go there, get one of the $25-$500 GameStop gift cards, and save some money on your Steam Controller purchase.  Hope this information helps!

#110921 weretable   KLF is gonna rock you CAGiversary!   890 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

weretable

Posted 15 June 2019 - 06:47 PM

I need to play the new dlc.  Also I don't think I ever went back and played the Claptrap DLC for TPS so I guess I need to do that too. I'm sure I'll get around to it soon considering I preordered DMC5 because I was so excited for a new one and still haven't played it.   :roll:

#110922 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10690 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2019 - 06:49 PM

The new DLC is okay.  It mostly just adds an easy way to farm legendaries and pearlescents.  The rainbow weapons are primarily designed to help kill the new raid boss who, in turn, drops stuff to help you through Digistruct Peak OP levels.

• hal likes this

#110923 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24762 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:09 PM

I started Metro: Exodus from the Xbox for PC Game Pass earlier today.

Gorgeous-looking game, to say the very least. Technically, it just looks stunning. Nothing surprising, given 4A's pedigree. Runs really well too on my SC15 gaming laptop. Had it on High at 1080p and it was doing 100-120fps. On Extreme at 1080p, it's doing 60-70fps.

Gameplay, survival stuff (replacing filters), gunplay, action, and combat is as visceral and as good as ever, for this franchise.

Storytelling, writing, and narrative already seems good so far too.

#110924 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8552 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:10 PM

Don’t, it’s garbage

#110925 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8552 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:11 PM

I started as a console gamer, so it helped me to become more acclimated with PC gaming. However, the controller isn't great for all types of games, so I wouldn't toss your Xbox 360/Xbox One/PS4 controller if you use one of those with certain games. It's more like they should be used in tandem with each other. It also works as a mouse for most other types of PC tasks. So, you can use the controller as a mouse with the touchpad. You can also create custom controls for certain games. I bought mine 4 years ago, and it's been a mainstay for me ever since.

The video on the Steam page is pretty spot-on in its description. Watch it, but I'd pick it up for $35.

https://store.steamp...eam_Controller/

Also, GameStop gift cards are still 10% off at Dollar General until closing time tonight. You could go there, get one of the $25-$500 GameStop gift cards, and save some money on your Steam Controller purchase. Hope this information helps!

Except your wasting more than that 10% by driving there.....

#110926 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6824 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2019 - 10:20 PM

Fanatical has a Pick and Mix bundle where you can buy Steam keys for any three of the games offered for $1.49.

https://www.fanatica...ve-pick-and-mix

I grabbed Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered, Geometry Wars 3, and the Lion's Song Season Pass for the $1.49.  A great deal for three decent games.

#110927 aniousjoe   Mr. Ka-ra-teh CAGiversary!   861 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2019 - 12:20 AM

Anyone else having issues with Steep crashing? As soon as I start it up, it tries to connect to the server and crashes. I haven't found a solution online that works (deleting old saves, updating Windows, etc.)

#110928 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   896 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 16 June 2019 - 07:25 AM

Played through Wolfenstein II over the last couple days and my goodness that game really does go for it.

#110929 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6824 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2019 - 07:52 AM

Song of the Myrne: What Lies Beneath is free on Indiegala (no Steam key, direct download).

https://freebies.ind...dev_id=freebies

#110930 shrinerr   Are you software people ready to fucking party? CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2019 - 08:55 AM

finally beat assassins creed origins after stopping when it first came out. i hate how they changed the combat to make it more dark souls. i remember in ac 2 the best way to kill a guy was to disarm them and kill them with their own weapon. anyways as an open world game its fine. probably start odyssey after finishing some other games, namely ff xv and bayonetta.

#110931 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6824 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2019 - 12:29 PM

finally beat assassins creed origins after stopping when it first came out. i hate how they changed the combat to make it more dark souls. i remember in ac 2 the best way to kill a guy was to disarm them and kill them with their own weapon. anyways as an open world game its fine. probably start odyssey after finishing some other games, namely ff xv and bayonetta.

Just started FF XV last night as a matter of fact.  Great graphics, but I'm hoping that the rest will grow on me.

#110932 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1866 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2019 - 12:36 PM

Just started FF XV last night as a matter of fact.  Great graphics, but I'm hoping that the rest will grow on me.

For me that didn't happen until the postgame dungeon.  I try to forget that the bro roadtrip happened.

#110933 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6824 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2019 - 03:08 PM

Die Young: Prologue is currently free on Steam.

https://store.steamp...TTER - 20190615

#110934 fore1337   exquisite diet of hot dogs and coke. CAGiversary!   750 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

fore1337

Posted 16 June 2019 - 04:03 PM

don't do it! worst controller ever!

#110935 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3455 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 16 June 2019 - 04:14 PM

don't do it! worst controller ever!

worst-games-controllers-7.jpg?auto=forma

pffft, Fuck off

#110936 blueArcana   Too fast for freedom CAGiversary!   1009 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

blueArcana

Posted 16 June 2019 - 04:24 PM

Bet they both have been described as "so bad"

#110937 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4887 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2019 - 07:08 PM

GMG is out of stock on the Handsome Collection. Anyone get any extras? I'm trying to find one or two for my family accounts.

#110938 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6824 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2019 - 07:54 PM

For everyone who plays Rocket League, here's a limited time only in-game redemption code that will unlock a Never Say Die Limited Decal from the movie The Goonies.

TRUFFLESHUFFLE

And here are some other limited time codes that unlock decals, wheels, and nitros that still work as of today.

SHAZAM

POPCORN
RLBIRTHDAY

RLNITRO

I used these on the PS4, Xbox One, and Steam versions of the game.  

#110939 Tibor   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   149 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:50 AM

All worked for me except RLBIRTHDAY, PC version. Thanks.

#110940 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1730 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:52 AM

worst-games-controllers-7.jpg?auto=forma

pffft, Fuck off

Oh no. Kids with Power Gloves were lucky. I got a damn U-Force.