Torchlight: Frontiers renamed to Torchlight III...and more info on the game:
- Torchlight: Frontiers has been renamed to Torchlight III
- Torchlight III's leveling system is scrapped (based on gear & item stats)
- Torchlight III will bring back its leveling system, similar in style to Torchlight II.
- Torchlight III is no longer free-to-play
- Torchlight III is now a "premium" game with a cost to purchase (like previous Torchlight titles).
- Torchlight III drops the MMO & open-world aspect.
- TL3 is now being changed to a linear-style game with Acts, like previous Torchlight game.
- Torchlight III is now has modes for offline or optional online...just like Torchlight II.
- Only shared zones and social spaces, when you're online, are towns
- When online, combat zones are mostly private for combat zones in dungeons & other combat zones.
- TL3 is set for Steam for release maybe this Summer...with console versions possibly coming later.