* * * * * 84 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#121861 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5589 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2021 - 04:36 PM

People in the South or the North can’t be the worst because I’m the worst.

#121862 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1337 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 14 May 2021 - 05:00 PM

I live in the Northeast, people here are the worst.

BCfJdyW9v8RiVzGoV1JyAglWdvM=.gif

#121863 samnite   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   125 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2021 - 06:32 PM

I wonder if you could carry out an entire conversation in Simpsons gifs

#121864 ToddManG   The one with the cape CAGiversary!   334 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2021 - 07:04 PM

https://media.giphy....dqFO/source.gif

Edit: apparently not because i fail at gifs

#121865 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   9260 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2021 - 07:34 PM

Some image hosts are just trash at hotlinking.

#121866 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1337 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 14 May 2021 - 07:48 PM

BbnHjr4GftLz3KiGeE8hMGo4ksw=.gif

#121867 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5589 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2021 - 08:13 PM

BbnHjr4GftLz3KiGeE8hMGo4ksw=.gif

tumblr_mrh1m4ucuz1qleraio5_250.gif

#121868 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3840 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2021 - 08:43 PM

1GCSV8yIyIeOf82ahFL_yfxwQGQ=.gif

#121869 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1058 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2021 - 10:12 PM

You also posted a Simpsons reference from post Season 9, which I refuse to recognize as valid Simpsons.

#121870 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10561 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2021 - 01:23 AM

Tried out Cardnarok: Raid with Gods a new deck building card game that just left early access. I already did the refund. To start this game screams mobile port. The graphics are super basic and everything feels like it's meant for a tablet or something. You control 3 gods of which I believe there are Greek gods and Egyptian gods. They all have their own abilities and gain levels which gain some passive abilities. The main gist of the game is in battle you draw 1 card a turn. Only the god in front can use cards. Their are generic ability cards that change for whoever is active. So you switch out people to get their special effects and draw cards using abilities. You have 3 energy a turn that maybe changes later. I played on normal and the difficulty wasn't too crazy. Between adventures you roll the dice to do stuff on a similar to Monopoly board. You get a limited number of rolls and can eventually unlock other gods. The problem with all of this is the difficulty is not super high on normal. It's also very samey as you use the same abilities over and over. Adding cards mainly are generic draw spells, attacks and spells. You can only use these by certain characters. It's just too generic and boring honestly. I was having some fun, but I know there are just better games. I believe the development team is small, but it just wasn't as fun. 6/10 very average.

#121871 blueArcana   Congratulations CAGiversary!   1169 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

blueArcana

Posted 15 May 2021 - 02:50 AM

tumblr_mbtdo8Lw8J1rwl09fo1_500.gif

#121872 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6112 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2021 - 06:28 AM

Semi-spoilers for early RE8 gameplay
Spoiler

#121873 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8446 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2021 - 08:54 AM

Doodle God is free to own on Indiegala (direct download, no Steam key).

https://freebies.ind....com/doodle-god

I think this is the second time that it's been offered because I already owned it.

#121874 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26646 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2021 - 12:10 PM

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition.

PC Gamer - "Mixed" reviews yesterday on ME: LE on Steam from users & PCG dig into why:

Info / notes:
- There's reasons it was sitting at "Mixed" for reviews, even though it's now sitting at "Mostly Positive."
- Here comes the reasons it was sitting at "Mixed" for a bit, from users...
- "The Steam version launches Origin in the background, which is annoying, and may require troubleshooting."
- "The mouse control in Mass Effect 1 feels wonky, as if mouse acceleration is on."
- "The ultrawide support doesn't include cut-scenes, which are 16:9 with black bars."
- "There's no FOV slider."
- "There aren't many graphics options, and it doesn't look as good as I expected."
- "The performance isn't as good as I expected." ... namely, for those with not-that-recent cards.
- "I can't run it at all."
- "You can't set the audio and subtitles to different languages."
- (False) "There's no controller support."
- Some are having issues w/ controller: game camera keeps spinning, Xbox One Controller not recognized...
- ...And/or mouse cursor is invisible, but the player can see the Xbox Controller prompts.

#121875 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8446 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2021 - 01:56 PM

Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter is on sale on Steam for $1.

https://store.steamp...evils_Daughter/

But I checked my Humble Bundle purchase history, and the game was previously bundled in the Humble Nacon Publisher Bundle.

#121876 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10585 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2021 - 02:09 PM

PC Gamer - "Mixed" reviews yesterday on ME: LE on Steam from users & PCG dig into why:

Info / notes:
- "The ultrawide support doesn't include cut-scenes, which are 16:9 with black bars."
- "There's no FOV slider."

These are my two gripes as well, but neither are deal breakers. The cut-scene stuff I doubt can/will be remedied anytime soon. Though, I hope FOV support can be added in sooner rather than later, maybe by modders. I bought the game on Origin, so one less hassle? Yay?

#121877 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   6044 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 15 May 2021 - 02:52 PM

These are my two gripes as well, but neither are deal breakers. The cut-scene stuff I doubt can/will be remedied anytime soon. Though, I hope FOV support can be added in sooner rather than later, maybe by modders. I bought the game on Origin, so one less hassle? Yay?

What are your thoughts on the new combat in the first one?

#121878 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10585 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2021 - 03:11 PM

What are your thoughts on the new combat in the first one?

I haven't had much time with it, but it feels...better? I mean, it's still clunky which I attribute a lot to the animations. The fact that the dice roll and reticle bloom are gone makes the gunplay feel like a large step up from the original. And the individual control of each squadmate is something that should have been in there in the first place.  But, you won't mistake combat for 2 or 3. It's still slower paced and more "tactical". People say the global cooldown was a bad thing in 2 and 3, but I think they forget how long the individual cooldowns were in ME especially before you upgrade any of your skills.

If you didn't like the combat in ME before, this likely won't change your opinion. But, with ME:LE I feel like the combat is refined just enough for it to get out of its own way. I remember hating the initial husk encounters on Eden Prime as simple as they are and it was largely well managed this time around.  (I play on insanity for reference.)

#121879 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8446 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2021 - 03:47 PM

I haven't had much time with it, but it feels...better? I mean, it's still clunky which I attribute a lot to the animations. The fact that the dice roll and reticle bloom are gone makes the gunplay feel like a large step up from the original. And the individual control of each squadmate is something that should have been in there in the first place.  But, you won't mistake combat for 2 or 3. It's still slower paced and more "tactical". People say the global cooldown was a bad thing in 2 and 3, but I think they forget how long the individual cooldowns were in ME especially before you upgrade any of your skills.

If you didn't like the combat in ME before, this likely won't change your opinion. But, with ME:LE I feel like the combat is refined just enough for it to get out of its own way. I remember hating the initial husk encounters on Eden Prime as simple as they are and it was largely well managed this time around.  (I play on insanity for reference.)

I preferred the combat in ME 1 to ME 2 and 3 by far.  It seemed like they were trying to clone Gears of War's game play in the sequels.  I'd love to see ME 2 and 3 remakes with the combat from ME 1.  That would be a great remastered trilogy.

#121880 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26646 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2021 - 04:34 PM

@Neuro

When you do get far and if you went w/ these directions & options: I would like to hear your thoughts on the new Legendary Leveling and how the Mako controls in the new Legendary Mode.

#121881 samnite   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   125 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2021 - 06:36 PM

https://www.humblebu...ldbattle_bundle

For anyone who isn't a humble bundle subscriber or didn't already know, I would recommend the above bundle. 

I have had Fantasy General 2 on my wishlist for awhile and this bundle lets you get it for $12 along with a bunch of other good games.

I prefer the PC for strategy games and this was a nice mix of games for me for the price.

#121882 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   9260 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2021 - 09:07 PM

Free +1

https://store.steamp...58450/GALAXIUM/

#121883 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   6044 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 16 May 2021 - 01:08 AM

FOV mod for ME: LE is out already.

https://www.pcgamer....on-fov-fix-mod/

#121884 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   6044 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 16 May 2021 - 03:20 AM

I actually enjoyed the combat in the original...  My only real complaint was the frame drops (Played on a 360) which I got to imagine it would have been fixed or the LE wouldn't have came out.  (I would be curious to see the section you have to escape thats being overrun with rachni...  That used to drop frames like crazy.)

#121885 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26646 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2021 - 01:00 PM

GameRant on the improvements/changes on Sniper Rifles on ME:LE and how fans are happy w/ it:

https://gamerant.com...r-improvements/

#121886 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10585 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2021 - 02:08 PM

I didn't dislike the combat of the original, but I played 2 before I played 1 (had a PS3 before I had an Xbox or decent enough PC), so I had grown accustomed to a different combat system.  And killing the Rachni was kind of a crazy section, but I don't remember really having any noticeable frame drops in the og version, though I played it on PC and mainly always cheezed it by staying back in the room and used my squad for meat shields. 

I actually enjoyed the combat in the original...  My only real complaint was the frame drops (Played on a 360) which I got to imagine it would have been fixed or the LE wouldn't have came out.  (I would be curious to see the section you have to escape thats being overrun with rachni...  That used to drop frames like crazy.)

Definitely going to try out that FOV fix. Now I just need to ignore life for a few days/weeks so that I can have uninterrupted time in my happy place.

Edit: I'm pleased to say the with the mod, the FOV is much improved. I tested with 90, but may go to 100 (I'm playing at 21:9). Also, the Mako handles better...but like going from a 1990 Geo Metro with blown struts to a 2000 Corolla hauling all your buddies to Taco Bell. I've still managed to barrel roll the thing trying to go straight.  And the leveling experience feels more exciting. I never liked the 30 level cap, it made gameplay feel somewhat stale for extended periods of time. The LE leveling (you can go back to Classic, if you want) allows quicker access to upgrades that directly affect gameplay. All but maybe a guns only soldier should benefit from the increased leveling experience.

#121887 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3220 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2021 - 12:46 AM

Spent a couple evenings playing ME1 Legendary.  Got through Therum.

I think I had only played ME1 fully through twice - once on console, once on pc.  I, once again, find myself really appreciating the soundtrack and all the attention given to careful universe-building.  These likely remain my favorite western-developed games.

Gameplay in combat does not feel as improved as I'd hoped.  Sniper rifles have improved, yes.  But it also now makes it the only reasonable option to use in multiple instances, even if it doesn't fit my character.  As a biotic, powers that should be my basic combat tools have extremely short range and are often useless.  This makes me sad as adept is the class I find most fun in 2 & 3.  Also, I had assumed that they were fixing the ME1 painful inventory management.  I'm not sure why they didn't, as it seems to me as it would be fairly easy to update menu screens apart from the rest of the game. For ME1 so far it comes down to a Wrex line: "Better than I feared, worse than I hoped."

In case anyone hasn't seen this, there's a "limited-time" download through EA of some re-released artwork:
https://www.ea.com/g...ontent-download

#121888 BrownDerby   🐟 CAGiversary!   742 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

BrownDerby

Posted 17 May 2021 - 06:25 AM

Samurai Shodown on Steam a year after Epic, and 2 years after console and Stadia even

#121889 Daytonabot   Hornet CAGiversary!   445 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Daytonabot

Posted 17 May 2021 - 11:34 PM

Samurai Shodown on Steam a year after Epic, and 2 years after console and Stadia even

I might be willing to pay two-year-old game prices for it, since there will likely actually be a community on Steam

#121890 MysterD   40 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2020)) CAGiversary!   26646 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2021 - 05:53 PM

Days Gone PC:

Digital Foundry on the (impressive) Technical Port to PC:

ACG's Review on Days Gone PC: