* * * * - 85 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free Epic

#126361 TheKbob   FakeyBro™, Esq. CAGiversary!   1954 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2022 - 04:24 PM

I don't like GamePass, but getting 3 months of game rentals for $1 is a great deal.

Just remember to cancel the auto-renew.

Have fun.

#126362 MysterD   41 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2021)) CAGiversary!   27819 Posts   Joined 18.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2022 - 10:28 PM

Dragon Age 4 has a title.

Dragon Age: Dreadwolf is the title:

https://blog.bioware...-age-dreadwolf/

#126363 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   8125 Posts   Joined 18.3 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 02 June 2022 - 10:30 PM

Spiderman Remastered is coming to PC on 8/12/2022

#126364 greendayrulestce   Gayness rules don't fit CAGiversary!   1328 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

greendayrulestce

Posted 02 June 2022 - 10:37 PM

Spiderman Remastered is coming to PC on 8/12/2022

Thanks god.

#126365 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   8125 Posts   Joined 18.3 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 02 June 2022 - 10:50 PM

Spiderman Miles Morales is also coming later to PC too.

#126366 shrinerr   Are you software people ready to fucking party? CAGiversary!   1473 Posts   Joined 18.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2022 - 12:10 AM

Fuck man,  i  just got my shipping confirmation on my ps5, wtf?!?

#126367 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10673 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2022 - 12:18 AM

This is kind of why I've hesitated buying a PS5. 

That and no money.

I already platinumed the base game of Spider-Man on PS4 (no way I'm going for platinum on the DLC with all those challenges), but it would be cool to see in 21:9.

#126368 BreadNiblets   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1591 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

BreadNiblets

Posted 03 June 2022 - 02:59 AM

I like my PS5 well enough but I would possibly just sell it tomorrow if I didn't have some interest in PSVR2. I feel like there's a good chance that their VR titles will end up being the only true exclusives to the system. Oh, and Demon's Souls. But even that must come to PC eventually, right? I can't imagine Sony is looking at Elden Ring sales numbers and thinking it would make any kind of sense to continue denying that game (or Bloodborne) to the PC market.

#126369 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   6324 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2022 - 04:40 AM

What I wanna know is when the Bloodborne demake devs are going to make it available to the PS1 market. My pre-dual shock controller and CRT are ready and waiting.

#126370 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   940 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted 03 June 2022 - 01:13 PM

What I wanna know is when the Bloodborne demake devs are going to make it available to the PS1 market. My pre-dual shock controller and CRT are ready and waiting.

I doubt any unity game could ever run on PS1. they'd need to start from scratch which is a huge ask

#126371 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6642 Posts   Joined 19.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2022 - 05:12 PM

If I had to choose between PS5 and Series X, I’d go PS5 all the way. MS has really dropped the ball … the Xbox One X felt like a premium product that added new features and looked nice. The Series X feels like they just boosted the power a bit and kept everything else the same. I don’t understand the criticism that people have for the PS5, the controller has some innovative new features, and the system has legit exclusives.

Series X has mediocre exclusives thus far and it’s held back by the Series S … which everyone said wouldn’t be an issue … but is. Maybe all that will change in 2023, but I’m more satisfied with my PS5 when you think about what the Series X should have been. It doesn’t bother me that PS5 games are coming out on PC … because that’s been a MS standard for several years now. What does bother me is a near lack of strong exclusives on Series X … at least PS5 still maintains a catalogue of games you can currently only play on the console but will eventually be released for PC (Horizon: Forbidden West, Miles Morales, etc)

#126372 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11244 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2022 - 07:22 PM

I wouldn't touch Xbox anything, but it's also because I like RPGs and Japanese developed games, and those are not in Microsoft's wheelhouse. I do like the PS5 though feel the HD is too small (similar for Xbox series whatever), and the controller took some getting used to, since it's kind of heavy and all. The exclusives are miles ahead IMHO, but I rarely play FPS and don't really care for racing games, so that's a lot of the Xbox exclusives there. I still don't feel all the exclusives for the PS5 make it a must buy yet, but it's slowly creeping there. I haven't played the original HZD, so I really don't care about the sequel, till I play the first. Same with God of War, but that one I may likely be done with before the sequel comes out. Gamepass though rocks and is great for the PC as well, which is where I use it. So many decent indie games, and a few unique PC only titles as well.

Speaking of Gamepass here is my stopping after about 10 hours Nobody Saves the World review. First of all this game is a kind of Gauntlet/Diablo like where you have up to 4 active abilities and 4 passive abilities trying to level up the only was possible, which is grinding the completion of quests for different classes. These missions level up said class to unlock more abilities, as well as lead to other classes in this tree. This is the neatest part of the game, but also one of the worst after a while since some missions are extremely grindy or harder to trigger. The graphics are generally nice, as well as having decent sound and music. Nothing to write home about in any of those parts, but they're all pretty good. The story is kind of whatever, but is zany and kooky and has so-so characters. It's just stuff that guides you to completing the main mission of the game. The control is excellent with a Xbox Series X controller.

The main reason I feel off hard on the game was just the grinding of character missions leading to slower level ups with dungeons that felt less skill based, and more are your abilities and everything leveled up. I forgot to mention that money and level up ability tokens are a massive grind to get. Many later abilities take many tokens, so have fun killing lots of junk to get those. I was getting tired of the grind, and the character quest drivenness of level ups was becoming more grindy than anything. I wasn't hating anything, but I felt I could be playing another game that would better use my time. It overall was decent, played decent, looked and sounded decent, but never really rose above the standard. It also doesn't help that some of the fights devolve into nothing fests because there are so many on screen, so timing abilities feels lame. Overall I probably had about 5 hours left to finish the game, but I just don't want to. A 6.5/10 overall with little flaws, but little to get excited about as well.

#126373 beenaround  

beenaround

Posted 03 June 2022 - 07:45 PM

Nobody Saves the World basically gives you dungeons specifically designed to grind for certain forms and skills. If you try and power level early you will drive yourself nuts, if you just play through the game and level as you go it's actually really well paced. I made the mistake of trying to unlock everything as soon as I could and it was to my detriment when you see how easily you can grind later once you have fully unlocked the levels of each form through story progression.

#126374 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11455 Posts   Joined 19.2 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 03 June 2022 - 11:29 PM

I wouldn't touch Xbox anything, but it's also because I like RPGs and Japanese developed games, and those are not in Microsoft's wheelhouse. I do like the PS5 though feel the HD is too small (similar for Xbox series whatever), and the controller took some getting used to, since it's kind of heavy and all. The exclusives are miles ahead IMHO, but I rarely play FPS and don't really care for racing games, so that's a lot of the Xbox exclusives there. I still don't feel all the exclusives for the PS5 make it a must buy yet, but it's slowly creeping there. I haven't played the original HZD, so I really don't care about the sequel, till I play the first. Same with God of War, but that one I may likely be done with before the sequel comes out. Gamepass though rocks and is great for the PC as well, which is where I use it. So many decent indie games, and a few unique PC only titles as well.

Speaking of Gamepass here is my stopping after about 10 hours Nobody Saves the World review. First of all this game is a kind of Gauntlet/Diablo like where you have up to 4 active abilities and 4 passive abilities trying to level up the only was possible, which is grinding the completion of quests for different classes. These missions level up said class to unlock more abilities, as well as lead to other classes in this tree. This is the neatest part of the game, but also one of the worst after a while since some missions are extremely grindy or harder to trigger. The graphics are generally nice, as well as having decent sound and music. Nothing to write home about in any of those parts, but they're all pretty good. The story is kind of whatever, but is zany and kooky and has so-so characters. It's just stuff that guides you to completing the main mission of the game. The control is excellent with a Xbox Series X controller.

The main reason I feel off hard on the game was just the grinding of character missions leading to slower level ups with dungeons that felt less skill based, and more are your abilities and everything leveled up. I forgot to mention that money and level up ability tokens are a massive grind to get. Many later abilities take many tokens, so have fun killing lots of junk to get those. I was getting tired of the grind, and the character quest drivenness of level ups was becoming more grindy than anything. I wasn't hating anything, but I felt I could be playing another game that would better use my time. It overall was decent, played decent, looked and sounded decent, but never really rose above the standard. It also doesn't help that some of the fights devolve into nothing fests because there are so many on screen, so timing abilities feels lame. Overall I probably had about 5 hours left to finish the game, but I just don't want to. A 6.5/10 overall with little flaws, but little to get excited about as well.

I think if they actually let you level up your various jobs in the story-progressing dungeons, the game would be much better for it.  Towards the mid and late-game, it also got fairly easy to fall into patterns because some of the forms were just so much better than the others.  The Bodybuilder just tears through levels, and if you already have the aura-breaking attacks to add to him, there's little reason to use anything else.  I'd probably be a little more generous and call it a 7-8, though. 

#126375 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11244 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2022 - 12:34 AM

7/10 is probably more right, but it reminds me a lot of Archvale and Unsighted, which are all around 6.5 or 7 out of 10. All of them a bit generic, with Unsighted having a bit less genericness overall.. For me a 7/10 is a good game, not a great one. 8 is very good and 9+ are great games. 6 is just OK or average and everything below that is below average. I'm way harsher just having played some of these, and they just blend together. I did feel the bodybuilder was one of the better forms and anything with a charge attack just wasn't as good as the other forms even with the skill to make charges very quick. Some forms just had way too little HP like the rat to use other than levelling up abilities. The bodybuilder also looked freakin' disgusting in the art form, so I didn't like using him, but did because of his easy mana getting and just boatload of health.

#126376 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   6324 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2022 - 02:29 AM

I wouldn't touch Xbox anything, but it's also because I like RPGs and Japanese developed games

See, that’s the same reason my first HD console was a 360, I wanted Lost Odyssey more than the entire PS3 library.

#126377 bers817  

Posted 04 June 2022 - 06:33 PM

So I'm debating on getting a steam deck, if anyone who already has one could chime in I'd appreciate it. Would I be fine getting the 64gb model since games can be played off of an sd card? Is the internal storage really that much faster? Is the anti glare glass screen on the 512gb model that much better then the non anti glare screen?

#126378 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3975 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2022 - 06:41 PM

So I'm debating on getting a steam deck, if anyone who already has one could chime in I'd appreciate it. Would I be fine getting the 64gb model since games can be played off of an sd card? Is the internal storage really that much faster? Is the anti glare glass screen on the 512gb model that much better then the non anti glare screen?

I only own the base model. From my perspective the answers are yes, no (but varies by the kind of games you choose to install), and no.

However ive also had a strange experience with storage lately. I have 94 games installed, all on my 512gb microsd. Last night i started getting Low Disk Space warnings for the primary drive. The only things on there are the os, update files, and three Proton versions. I moved the three proton builds to microsd to temporarily ease the issue. But i suspect there's a lot of poorly managed, needless clutter on the primary drive from all the constant updates.

#126379 bers817  

Posted 04 June 2022 - 06:47 PM

I only own the base model. From my perspective the answers are yes, no (but varies by the kind of games you choose to install), and no.

However ive also had a strange experience with storage lately. I have 94 games installed, all on my 512gb microsd. Last night i started getting Low Disk Space warnings for the primary drive. The only things on there are the os, update files, and three Proton versions. I moved the three proton builds to microsd to temporarily ease the issue. But i suspect there's a lot of poorly managed, needless clutter on the primary drive from all the constant updates.

Thanks for the quick reply, I might just pull the trigger today with the best buy bogo 20% off steam cards. To bad it won't arrive until after October.

#126380 samnite   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   327 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2022 - 11:06 PM

How big is your Steam Library? Do you have any familiarity with Linux? If the game doesn't work, are you comfortable to troubleshoot issues on Github? I think the Steam Deck is a great investment if you have a large game library already on Steam/GOG/Epic and have nostalgia for 90s PC games that are literally unavailable in a portable handheld form factor anywhere else (Heroes of Might and Magic series, Master of Orion, Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space, etc). It can also be used as an emulation device for PS3/Switch games and previous console generations. It can run Xbox Gamepass within the Microsoft Edge Browser. Keep in mind that most of these uses do require some willingness on your part to learn how to do them (difficulty dependent on your experience) but there are a lot of resources on the Internet like on Reddit/Youtube. It is a very comfortable device in the hands despite its width. The battery life may be an issue depending on your gaming habits but the Deck does allow you to modify several settings to maximize battery life for situations where needed. I don't play demanding games on my Deck and am usually near an outlet or a power bank so it hasn't been too big a deal so far for me.

BTW, I went with the 512GB model because I don't want to open my deck and replace the drive. A lot of people buy the 64 or 256 gb versions and a separate 1tb 2230 SSD to replace it. One thing about the 512GB model to keep in mind is that you will lose the anti-glare benefit if you use a screen protector. I am playing mine without a screen protector but just cover it with the microfiber cloth it comes in when not in use.

#126381 spoderman  

Posted 05 June 2022 - 12:42 AM

How big is your Steam Library? Do you have any familiarity with Linux? If the game doesn't work, are you comfortable to troubleshoot issues on Github? I think the Steam Deck is a great investment if you have a large game library already on Steam/GOG/Epic and have nostalgia for 90s PC games that are literally unavailable in a portable handheld form factor anywhere else (Heroes of Might and Magic series, Master of Orion, Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space, etc). It can also be used as an emulation device for PS3/Switch games and previous console generations. It can run Xbox Gamepass within the Microsoft Edge Browser. Keep in mind that most of these uses do require some willingness on your part to learn how to do them (difficulty dependent on your experience) but there are a lot of resources on the Internet like on Reddit/Youtube. It is a very comfortable device in the hands despite its width. The battery life may be an issue depending on your gaming habits but the Deck does allow you to modify several settings to maximize battery life for situations where needed. I don't play demanding games on my Deck and am usually near an outlet or a power bank so it hasn't been too big a deal so far for me.

BTW, I went with the 512GB model because I don't want to open my deck and replace the drive. A lot of people buy the 64 or 256 gb versions and a separate 1tb 2230 SSD to replace it. One thing about the 512GB model to keep in mind is that you will lose the anti-glare benefit if you use a screen protector. I am playing mine without a screen protector but just cover it with the microfiber cloth it comes in when not in use.

The other bad thing about the antiglare model is that the screen is more prone to scratches/marks. I have that one reserved but kinda wish it had the other screen now. I wouldn't have wanted to open it up to replace the SSD though, so I guess I still would've ordered the 512gb model

#126382 Miketheking   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   624 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Miketheking

Posted 05 June 2022 - 02:43 AM

The other bad thing about the antiglare model is that the screen is more prone to scratches/marks. I have that one reserved but kinda wish it had the other screen now. I wouldn't have wanted to open it up to replace the SSD though, so I guess I still would've ordered the 512gb model

Screen protector

#126383 bers817  

Posted 05 June 2022 - 02:50 AM

My steam/epic/gog libraries are huge, I am actually very familiar with gaming on Linux not Arch specifically but I know the process for the most part. I got a Switch OLED when it came out but games I got for free on steam/epic/gog are super expensive on the eShop, has anyone played Witcher 3 on GOG with their steam deck, I was able to run it on Debian Linux awhile back so I know it's possible. I also have worked in IT for many years so replacing the ssd would not be an issue for me.

#126384 spoderman  

Posted 05 June 2022 - 02:51 AM

Screen protector

Screen protectors defeat the purpose of the antiglare glass unfortunately. That's why the person I was replying to didnt use one. You either use a screen protector and get glare, or don't use one and potentially get scratches easier than regular glass

#126385 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   9447 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2022 - 03:57 AM

Naw, my wise-behind post got 6 likes to your 2. ;)

EDIT - 10:13pm EST:

Make it 8 to 2. :P

u showed me.

EDIT:

I fixed my post.

#126386 BreadNiblets   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1591 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

BreadNiblets

Posted 05 June 2022 - 07:07 AM

Well it took nearly two years and several fresh starts but I'm finally hooked on Cyberpunk. The game isn't bad! As for the technical state of the game, so far I've only come across some free-floating...

cars!

Wke2ijZ.jpg

humans/cyberpunks!

U6AQZex.jpg

and cigarettes!

yS3bzLq.jpg

So things aren't that bad. The game is nearly finished.

#126387 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6642 Posts   Joined 19.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2022 - 03:38 PM

I was really turned off by the little things in Cyberpunk … like walking up to npcs that would appear and disappear depending on how close you got to them. Just completely broke the experience for me. And that was after it was supposedly fixed for next gen. Just such a disappointing experience. But maybe I just need to get over it and give it another try.

#126388 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   7559 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 05 June 2022 - 03:45 PM

I wouldn't touch Xbox anything, but it's also because I like RPGs and Japanese developed games, and those are not in Microsoft's wheelhouse. 

Given how many rpgs are multiplat these days that doesn't seem like too big a thing to be worried about. 

Ps5 isn't worth it currently between being harder to purchase and not having many games on it that aren't available elsewhere. Besides it's fugly.  I'll wait till the inevitable slim version.  Hopefully by then they'll have all the features that were available on the fricken ps4. 

#126389 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11244 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2022 - 04:36 PM

I disliked the story of Cyberpunk 2077. I could give less of a rat's a** about Johnny. I almost finished the game. Was on the last questline, but stopped for some reason. Otherwise it was a relatively decent open world game.

#126390 MysterD   41 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th 1980-2021)) CAGiversary!   27819 Posts   Joined 18.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2022 - 07:34 PM

CP 2077 was quite good - but even given that, it could never live up to the hype CP 2077 had going on. So much cut-content, unfinished areas (Pacifica feels lacking content compared to Night City); and so many removed/planned features (Tram isn't there; No Wall-Running; etc etc).

Still...was worth my $18 plus tax. 50+ hours out if it on Playthrough 1 - yep, it was still good.