* * * * * 78 votes

Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

PC Steam Origin Uplay DRM-Free

#28291 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6732 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:06 PM

stunner9.gif

fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap

#28292 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10349 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:43 PM

yei8NAf.png
Daily Deal
75% off Hot Wheels World’s Best Driver (Steam) - $5.00

Weekly, Midweek and Weekend Deals
Ending 8/24
75% off Bandai Namco Week

VWySqR9.png
Up to 75% off Cities in Motion titles
Current Voucher: 23% off SAVE23-WITHGM-GAUG15 (Expires 8/21 1700 UTC)

#28293 greendayrulestce   Gayness rules don't fit CAGiversary!   1182 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

greendayrulestce

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:44 PM

stunner9.gif

BURN! #RKOouttanowhere

#28294 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23659 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:48 PM

If anybody has Windows 10, good luck w/ getting going (especially older) games w/ Securom DRM or SafeDisc DRM.

Windows 10 won't run those games, without doing all kinds of fiddling & working-around.

More reasons dev's + pub's need to ditch the non-Steam crap DRM types.

And just stick to either Steam's CEG DRM (if they insist on DRM) or No-DRM period.

#28295 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6732 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:49 PM

If anybody has Windows 10, good luck w/ getting going (especially older) games w/ Securom DRM or SafeDisc DRM.

Windows 10 won't run those games, without doing all kinds of fiddling & working-around.

More reasons dev's + pub's need to ditch the non-Steam crap DRM types.

And just stick to either Steam's CEG DRM (if they insist on DRM) or No-DRM period.

OMG OMG THE SKY IS FALLING

#28296 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:53 PM

Windows 10 is basically a big patch to Windows 8 that just rearranges some UI stuff and puts the apps in separate windows. With rare exceptions you'll just have the same issues with old games that 8 did.

Of course any time a new OS is released some people will go running around and blaming it for everything up to and including causing cancer, but unless you've got some specifics and first hand experience then it's all useless hearsay.

*Edited to add: Read that article. *yawn* It's much ado about nothing. Those games are old as dirt and that DRM is a fossilized relic. Of course that DRM is not going to be updated going forward. If it wasn't Windows 10 it would be 11 or 12 or whatever. It's old and out of date. If the publishers want to keep selling it then it's in their interest to update. If they don't oh well.

It's not worth sticking to an old OS for all eternity for a few old ass games that aren't getting updated to have their shitty archaic DRM removed.

#28297 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4250 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:59 PM

even if i hav tons o

VRAM?

#28298 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8719 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:00 PM

Does any

yei8NAf.png
Daily Deal
75% off Hot Wheels World’s Best Driver (Steam) - $5.00

Weekly, Midweek and Weekend Deals
Ending 8/24
75% off Bandai Namco Week

Thanks to you I noticed I had almost enough blue coins to get the Remember Me DLC pack. So I gave Kick-Ass 2 a five star review and got enough to buy it. :)

Those Bandai prices suck. :P Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures has a $20 MSRP on Steam. Jeez...

#28299 spoderman  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:01 PM

Does any

what are

#28300 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8719 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:05 PM

what are

You're doing it wrong.

WHAT

are

I was actually going to ask something else but I forgot to delete that bit.

#28301 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23659 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:08 PM

OMG OMG THE SKY IS FALLING

The sky's not falling. RPS does list ways Win 10 users can get around it in some round-about ways, if they really want to go about doing so.

Microsoft has every right to do this. This is their OS and they are doing basically what they did w/ Vista, when they blocked StarForce. SafeDisc + Securom always been known to open up all kinds of security holes w/ Microsoft OS's.

Dev's + pub's really need to release patches for older games for those users; re-release any of these games on Steam w/out Securom + SafeDisc (if they haven't already); and/or re-release games w/ no DRM on GOG (or wherever else).

And for any of those games on Steam w/ 3rd party Securom - i.e. Atari has Alone in the Dark Reboot + TDU2 using this garbage - well, there's no more reason for that DRM to be wrapped around it, especially if they are still selling copies of it on Steam!!! Those deserve an update w/out the crap DRM.

#28302 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5085 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:09 PM

This is cag bro. If you are playing games day 1 or close to release you already failed.

even if you got it from your Video card?

#28303 Needles-Kane  

Needles-Kane

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:15 PM

even if you got it from your Video card?

Yes, you're supposed to sell that while its high and rebuy in a humble.

#28304 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8719 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:17 PM

And for any of those games on Steam w/ 3rd party Securom - i.e. Atari has Alone in the Dark Reboot + TDU2 using this garbage - well, there's no more reason for that DRM to be wrapped around it, especially if they are still selling copies of it on Steam!!! Those deserve an update w/out the crap DRM.

Do you think they even care? The dev of those two games doesn't even exist anymore. They probably don't want to pay someone to remove all this because it would mean they'd have to pay money. And why bother if it's not going to make them any cash?

#28305 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6732 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:25 PM

The sky's not falling. RPS does list ways Win 10 users can get around it in some round-about ways, if they really want to go about doing so.

Microsoft has every right to do this. This is their OS and they are doing basically what they did w/ Vista, when they blocked StarForce. SafeDisc + Securom always been known to open up all kinds of security holes w/ Microsoft OS's.

Dev's + pub's really need to release patches for older games for those users; re-release any of these games on Steam w/out Securom + SafeDisc (if they haven't already); and/or re-release games w/ no DRM on GOG (or wherever else).

i hope this continues for 30 pages, so you further unknowingly alienate yourself 

#28306 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23659 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:27 PM

Do you think they even care? The dev of those two games doesn't even exist anymore. They probably don't want to pay someone to remove all this because it would mean they'd have to pay money. And why bother if it's not going to make them any cash?

Eden Games might be gone - but Atari still own the IP rights, distribution rights + sells the 2 games on Steam.

If all they have to do is like companies EgoSoft + Larian have done in the past by basically distributing an unwrapped EXE file, how hard can this really be?

They could just leave the Securom DRM files in the folder, but released a unprotected EXE - all will be well. DRM files will be inert + useless, basically just wasting space.

Likely, either Atari themselves or some dev' who has the master-copy unprotected somewhere. They could just pass the unprotected EXE to Atari, Atari goes through whatever procedures to get it onto Steam - all done.

#28307 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8719 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:51 PM

Eden Games might be gone - but Atari still own the IP rights, distribution rights + sells the 2 games on Steam.

If all they have to do is like companies EgoSoft + Larian have done in the past by basically distributing an unwrapped EXE file, how hard can this really be?

They could just leave the Securom DRM files in the folder, but released a unprotected EXE - all will be well. DRM files will be inert + useless, basically just wasting space.

Likely, either Atari themselves or some dev' who has the master-copy unprotected somewhere. They could just pass the unprotected EXE to Atari, Atari goes through whatever procedures to get it onto Steam - all done.

Again. They have no reason to do this. It costs money. And it won't make them any money. This is Infogrames Atari we're talking about. They've been pretty close to being bankrupt multiple times. The only reason they still exist is them selling off most of their valuable IPs.

Also. Egosoft and Larian still exist and are profitable companies. They can afford the cash to fix up their old games and sell them. Infogrames Atari hasn't had a good year in a long time.

Creating an unwrapped EXE isn't as simple as you think. If it was, we'd see lots of cracked Securom games all the time. They still need to either have created one back when they first released the game, or have access to the source code to rebuild the game without the Securom, and there's little chance anyone still has the source code or assets for the game available. And if they still have them, they don't want to spend the money to create the new build for the reasons I've said above.

#28308 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   4057 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:53 PM

But... But... Reasons!

#28309 archibishopofBAH   Insidious and insipid. CAGiversary!   4243 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

archibishopofBAH

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:01 PM

Hacknet for free. Not Steam, DRM Free.

Also available free on Desura.

#28310 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10158 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:02 PM

So, Runic, the creators of the Torchlight series have been off the radar for several years.  Today they revealed...

http://www.hobgame.com/

A multiplatform adventure game for guys, gals, gaming grannies, and social justice warriors everywhere.  Complete with website designed for touch pad devices.  RIP Runic.  Guess it's obvious why Eric Schaefer and Travis Baldree left a while ago.

#28311 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3918 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:33 PM

MysterD gets that a lot.

Really? I mostly see people complain about how slow he is.

#28312 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6732 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:36 PM

Really? I mostly see people complain about how slow he is.

hes both

#28313 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13840 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:37 PM

BURN! #RKOouttanowhere

Just wanted to interject that this is the Stone Cold Stunner. The Rock vs. Stone Cold was about the time when I stopped watching wrestling.

#28314 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6732 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:38 PM

Just wanted to interject that this is the Stone Cold Stunner. The Rock vs. Stone Cold was about the time when I stopped watching wrestling.

VRAM 3:16 says I just ruined your thread.

#28315 Tomasety   LatinLover CAGiversary!   2106 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Tomasety

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:41 PM

More coal to the boiler.

http://www.pcgamer.c...and-specs-leak/

#28316 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2746 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:43 PM

No one "sold" a stunner like The Rock.

#28317 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6732 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:43 PM

More coal to the boiler.

hey look a card slightly shittier than the 960

#28318 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23659 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:52 PM

No one "sold" a stunner like The Rock.

That's b/c The Rock oversold it.

I preferred Scott Hall's sell of the Stunner.

4c6d25c4b313029cd6799105b73719a5.jpg

#28319 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23659 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:04 PM

More coal to the boiler.

I don't know who the hell is going to buy this. You can often get a MysterD 4GB VRAM 960 for $200-210 when it's on sale on NewEgg, which is now often packaged w/ MGS5. You might as well buy that for the more VRAM - if you're going to go only NVidia; are fine with 1080p; and don't want to join the $300 3.5 GB 970 club.

2GB VRAM is too little; too many new games require that now. They should drop the price on 2GB 960 - they still have to compete w/ AMD here, who's offering up often better VRAM amounts at the $200 or less pricing. NVidia needs something in-between the 2GB 960 and 4GB 960 - i.e. maybe a 3GB VRAM 960 version.

#28320 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13840 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:09 PM

I don't know who the hell is going to buy this. You can often get a MysterD 4GB VRAM 960 for $200-210 when it's on sale on NewEgg, which is now often packaged w/ MGS5. You might as well buy that for the more VRAM - if you're going to go only NVidia; are fine with 1080p; and don't want to join the $300 3.5 GB 970 club.

2GB VRAM is too little; too many new games require that now. They should drop the price on 2GB 960 - they still have to compete w/ AMD here, who's offering up often better VRAM amounts at the $200 or less pricing. NVidia needs something in-between the 2GB 960 and 4GB 960 - i.e. maybe a 3GB VRAM 960 version.

3GB is not as easily divisible by 2. They need to make 4 cheaper.