* * * * - 40 votes

XBL Deals - 2015

XBL Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox Live Deals with Gold Games with Gold XBLA Games on Demand

#11251 kcobra22  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:11 PM

It seems like date night went from this

http://i.imgur.com/51wGgna.gifv

to this

http://i.imgur.com/ACl2USe.gifv

#11252 darkblueprint   The World is Yours CAGiversary!   333 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

darkblueprint

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:14 PM

I've never seen the .gifv format

#11253 k20em1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   187 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:26 PM

I do have pity for some on here that have gone through hard times, but can we please filter all off-topic advice and stories to another forum or through pm's? This and the C.E. Thread have blown up today, I don't want a mod to step in and possible lock it.

#11254 Tandjame  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:27 PM

I've been married 10 years and despite all the ups and downs, she's the best thing that's happened to me. Before marriage, I was a selfish drug addict that also drank too much. I can still be totally selfish, but I'd probably be dead or in some terrible enabling relationship with a stripper. Now I'm a family man. We've had plenty of problems, communication (on my part) being the biggest issue and we've almost gotten divorced several times. We spent two years in marriage counseling and still go from time to time.

I'm not saying "working it out" is the answer for everybody, but counseling definitely is. Even if you go by yourself. Help process everything, work on yourself for the benefit of the next woman you marry, or your kids if you have any, and for yourself.

ON TOPIC: awesome 360 deals. I have everything I want, though. Meh X1 deals.

Is soul caliber 4 on sale? I didn't see it on xbldb. I have a disc for it but wouldn't mind a digital version. I like the Star Wars characters way more than Ezio. Edit: no, I guess it's not on sale. I thought I saw a post saying 2-5 were on sale but I guess not. Oh well.

#11255 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3726 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:34 PM

Married for 1.5 years and a 6 month old baby. 10 year old from wifes last relationship. I love married life and even though i never wanted it i absolutely love being a parent. I miss gaming but i just love playing with my baby so much and watching him evolve every day. Also. Wish evil within season pass sale was ps4 and not xbox but whatever

A baby makes life seem really rough with no end in sight (even though you love the kid).  Things get a lot easier and you'll get your gaming time back eventually.  Just think of the backlog of great games you'll have to choose from. :)

#11256 Sir Sleeps A-lot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   425 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Sir Sleeps A-lot

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:43 PM

On topic: How is Tales of Vesperia for people who aren't into RPG?

Off topic: Hearing some of your guy's stories and marriage is an eyeopener for me as i'm only 18, i have a lot of things to worry about

#11257 KurishunaMaradi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4323 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

KurishunaMaradi

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:50 PM

On topic: How is Tales of Vesperia for people who aren't into RPG?

Off topic: Hearing some of your guy's stories and marriage is an eyeopener for me as i'm only 18, i have a lot of things to worry about

Off/On Topic: Irrespective of what others have experienced and said about it, it really comes down to how you deal with it. ToV is a good game, you can't go wrong with the price. Having said that, you may not like it when you start playing it. My experience is not your experience, since you are only 18, keep an open mind about life/game :)

From my experience, you would like the game a lot if you dont expect state-of-the-art graphics or awesome combat. Cutsie characters, nice narration and decent combat - what else do you need in life, eh.

#11258 irafreak   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   629 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:50 PM

Sorry about pushing the wrong subject.  Been a rough week trying to help their mother and it still breaks my heart.  

Anyway I am excited to see some of the arcade sales.  I shouldn't buy anything since I probably won't ever make time to play them these days but sometimes it's just fun to add to the collection (especially when the games are so cheap.)  

Does Doom II still have anyone playing online?

Passed on an Armored Core game from another sale because the time you have to invest.

Is DBZ Xenoverse a huge jump over battle of Z?

Considering enslaved, galaga, and the old pacman games.

And while it's only a couple of dollars difference, I wish I had waited to buy Tekken Tag 2 since I haven't even installed it yet from the last sale.

#11259 Sir Sleeps A-lot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   425 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Sir Sleeps A-lot

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:52 PM

Off/On Topic: Irrespective of what others have experienced and said about it, it really comes down to how you deal with it. ToV is a good game, you can't go wrong with the price. Having said that, you may not like it when you start playing it. My experience is not your experience, since you are only 18, keep an open mind about life/game :)

From my experience, you would like the game a lot if you dont expect state-of-the-art graphics or awesome combat. Cutsie characters, nice narration and decent combat - what else do you need in life, eh.

Will do, i have an open mind when trying out games, thanks for the input

#11260 Tandjame  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:55 PM

I got ToV last time it was super cheap and I just couldn't get into it. The combat never meshed with me. Not to mention the 100s of hours required to beat it (I've heard). I'll give it another chance eventually and for < $5 I'm not complaining.

#11261 KurishunaMaradi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4323 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

KurishunaMaradi

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:01 PM

I got ToV last time it was super cheap and I just couldn't get into it. The combat never meshed with me. Not to mention the 100s of hours required to beat it (I've heard). I'll give it another chance eventually and for < $5 I'm not complaining.

It also helps if you have played a similar game. so you may have a different perspective this time around? I tend to 'like' most games if it is hack/slash type - unless it is the warriors games. I get tired with those, it gets frustrating for me pretty fast.

I was not into turn-based, for a long time. I recently, on whim, started playing Child Of Light and now I cant put it down :) So, you may end up liking ToV too :)

#11262 Sir Sleeps A-lot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   425 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Sir Sleeps A-lot

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:05 PM

It also helps if you have played a similar game. so you may have a different perspective this time around? I tend to 'like' most games if it is hack/slash type - unless it is the warriors games. I get tired with those, it gets frustrating for me pretty fast.

I was not into turn-based, for a long time. I recently, on whim, started playing Child Of Light and now I cant put it down :) So, you may end up liking ToV too :)

would Ninja Gaiden be considered similar?

#11263 Tandjame  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:11 PM

I love Child of Light, but it's also simple. I mean it takes thinking and timing, but it's nowhere near the complexity of tales, at least from the hour or so impression I got from it. I'll definitely give it another shot, but when I have games like arkham knight, outlast and ryse in the backlog it'll be a while.

#11264 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   2043 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:12 PM

I am thinking about getting the Forza 5 Car Pass for $20. I have a question for the Forza 5 players here.

I bought the Forza 5 Limited Edition when the game came out. It didn't include the Car Pass, correct? I haven't booted the game up in over a year but I am itching to play again and I think the Pass will freshen it up a bit and make it more exciting. I'm having a hard time keeping track of all the DLC that's been released and what was included in the LE.

Thanks for your help.

#11265 KurishunaMaradi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4323 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

KurishunaMaradi

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:15 PM

No, but if you have played any of the traditional japanese RPGs (anime style games) you'd just fine with this one. If it helps, do a quick read on this: https://en.wikipedia.../Tales_(series)

And look at some gameplay ( dont spoil your fun factor by going through all the vids :) )

Spoiler

#11266 Narukami   http://i.imgur.com/J8SRXIT.jpg The hype is dead. CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:29 PM

I'm an 8 year lurker and I feel like I should voice my opinion that nobody cares about instead of ever posting deals and blah blah blah...

#11267 k20em1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   187 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:35 PM

I'm an 8 year lurker and I feel like I should voice my opinion that nobody cares about instead of ever posting deals and blah blah blah...

Good job kicking this forum further down the drain, before long this site will be on par with slickdeals.

#11268 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6761 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:37 PM

Not at all.

ToV isn't bad. There's a demo though you'll be able to tell if you like it.

#11269 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:45 PM

Good job kicking this forum further down the drain, before long this site will be on par with slickdeals.

He has a point though. You posting what you did was no different than the posts you complained about. Having a conversation about something else in this thread isn't a bad thing. Complaining about it is childish.

#11270 Bradisback   Pau hana CAGiversary!   352 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:03 PM

Fuck

#11271 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:06 PM

Everyone pay attention. This is good marriage advice.

Seconded.

#11272 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   4147 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:20 PM

Really wish we knew which 360 titles would be BC

missing out on lots of my money

#11273 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:24 PM

It seems like date night went from this

http://i.imgur.com/51wGgna.gifv

to this

http://i.imgur.com/ACl2USe.gifv

Yes?

More accurately, it went from lonely frustrated gamers dispensing game critiques to lonely frustrated divorces dispensing marriage advice. All I've learned is that bros need love too.

#11274 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2745 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:27 PM

It is crucial for a son to have a father.

This is nonsense.

#11275 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6761 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:33 PM

Whoever was wanting evil within season pass on ps4 it's on sale there too

#11276 Groo The Wanderer  

Groo The Wanderer

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:35 PM

This is nonsense.

It is not. Having a good father can turn a boy into a man quickly.

#11277 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   2043 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:36 PM

It's funny how people have been wanting a sale on the evil within season pass for ages. Now it's on sale and everyone be like "meh, i'll wait for the GOTY edition."

#11278 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10001 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:40 PM

So what's the consensus on Tembo? I see it's like $10 cheaper than PS4 but not sure if that's an error.

#11279 KurishunaMaradi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4323 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

KurishunaMaradi

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:48 PM

So what's the consensus on Tembo? I see it's like $10 cheaper than PS4 but not sure if that's an error.

The price on PS4 should be an error, the game itself is $14.99 & is on sale for $13.xx on XBox. I dont know where the $39.99 came from, unless PS4 is getting an ultimate uncut extented premier fully loaded edition (if such a bullshit edition exists).

#11280 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70336 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:51 PM

Whoever was wanting evil within season pass on ps4 it's on sale there too

Any other PS4 sales?