* * * * - 40 votes

XBL Deals - 2015

XBL Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox Live Deals with Gold Games with Gold XBLA Games on Demand

#28441 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4460 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:45 PM

Like most things related to video games I have a spreadsheet.  I told a non gaming friend that once and he laughed at me hard.

Resident Evil Remake

Resident Evil Revelations 2

Super Star Wars

Uncharted 1 (FINALLY)

Outlast Whistle Blower

Daylight

Tales From The Borderlands

Shovel Knight

Shovel Knight Plague

King's Quest CH1 & 2

Star Wars Force Unleashed

Star Wars Force Unleashed 2

Skylanders Giants

Skylanders Swap Force

Skylanders Trap Team

Borderlands Pre-Sequel

Resident Evil Operation Racoon City (Both Campaigns)

Soma

Transformers Devestation

Grim Fandango

Lego Jurassic World

Onechanbara Z2: Chaos

Suikoden

Peggle

Battlefield Hardline

Battlefield 4
Metal Gear Solid 5: Phantom Pain

Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes

Mortal Kombat X (I count this because of story mode)

Until Dawn

Jamestown

Zombi

Devil May Cry 4

No More Heroes Heroes Paradise

Call of Duty Ghosts

Call of Duty Black Ops 3

Wolfenstein The Old Blood

Bloodborne

Draogn Ball Xenoverse

The Order 1886

Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell

Little Big Planet 3

Battlefield 4

Lara CrofT: And The Temple of Osiris

Anarchy Reigns

Citizens Of Earth

Vanquish

Beyond Two Souls

Gears of War Ultimate Edition

Halo MCC

Halo 5

Bayonetta WII

Kirby Canvas Curse

Ride to Hell

Ori

Actraiser

Turtles in Time Reshelled

Pacman Ghostly Adventures 2

Ryse

Escape Dead Island

Broken Age

Monkey Island 3

Astebreed

Sonic Lost World

Infinity 3.0 (Clone and Original)

Shadow Warrior

This.. is all I can remember beating this year from the top of my head... there are probably a bunch of games I am missing and I know I didn't list my Handhelds, my MMOs, and MP only games which I played. I also know there were a bunch of PS2 and XBX games I beat as well which I didn't list.

MP Games

Battlefront (Rented)

Siege (Rented)

Destiny: TTK

WoW

Evolve (Rented)

Titanfall

Ultra Street Fighter 4

Guilty Gear Xrd
BlazBlue Chronophantasm Extend

#28442 Hoffer   I've got a 10" CAG CAGiversary!   1080 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:48 PM

I've been trying to buy Escape Dead Island all day for $4.  I keep getting an error saying to try again.  I've tried like 10 times.  Anyone else seeing this.  I read the last page of this thread and didn't see anyone talking about it.

edit:  Nevermind.  I'm home now and remembered I wanted to try buying directly from my Xbox 360.  I was able to purchase it there.  Was not able to buy it earlier in the day through xbox.com.

#28443 KansasCityKing  

KansasCityKing

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:53 PM

I felt it was too hard to narrow down a single game that had both the best multiplayer and best single player, therefore I separated my GOTY based on that.

GOTY single player: Arkham Knight
GOTY multiplayer: R6 siege and Halo 5

Here are my runner up's that I have started but haven't completed:
Tomb Raider 
Fallout 4
Witcher 3
Life is Strange

#28444 Sir Loinsteak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   486 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Sir Loinsteak

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:56 PM

Like most things related to video games I have a spreadsheet.  I told a non gaming friend that once and he laughed at me hard.

I have a spreadsheet of my games just to keep track of what I own,  I also maintain a small list of what I plan on playing next to help my indecision on what to play next. 

Also it might help others to know I used True achievements GotY voting to help sort what I have played(you can click a button that only lists your 2015 games you have played).

#28445 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4460 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:56 PM

I've been trying to buy Escape Dead Island all day for $4.  I keep getting an error saying to try again.  I've tried like 10 times.  Anyone else seeing this.  I read the last page of this thread and didn't see anyone talking about it.

edit:  Nevermind.  I'm home now and remembered I wanted to try buying directly from my Xbox 360.  I was able to purchase it there.  Was not able to buy it earlier in the day through xbox.com.

Yep, are you trying to buy it on the website or on your system?
I ran into a similar problem with Ultimate Alliance.... and ended up missing out on the deal.

Even worse, since I didn't try buying it WITH my console, they told me they couldn't help correct the mistake on their side.

(I can give more details if you like)

#28446 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11496 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:57 PM

The final day of the year...

So, I'm asking the regular crew what their fave game (or two or three) of the year is. Don't need an essay on why - just what game(s) gave you the most joy this year? Don't be offended if I didn't list you. I just did top of mind contributors. Anybody can answer my question - we are all CAG bros. Happy new year, guys.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell, Fallout 4, and Destiny: The Taken King.

#28447 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:59 PM

Hmm, my top three this year?  If we're limiting it to 2015 releases I would say:

Hatsune Miku Project Mirari DX - Outstanding rhythm game that's probably my overall GOTY.  Just hit all the right noes so to speak.

The Order 1886 - Really enjoyed this one when it came out even if it's short and slow and half walking simulator (I like walking simulators).

Invisible, Inc. - To espionage what XCOM is to fighting aliens.  Really great strategy game.

RotR is probably in the group that would have just missed out on the awards with it's far weaker story (in my opinion) than the first game, though still being the best XB1 game I played this year.

#28448 Luriden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1344 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:09 PM

As far as games released this year, I guess Rare Replay was my GOTY. Or Gears of War: Ultimate. I finished the campaign and played a little multiplayer before I realized I'm burnt out on the franchise, but at least the game delivered what was promised. This year sucked for me. I'm sure Witcher 3 is good, but medieval action fantasy RPGs aren't my thing. I also feel like I got my fill of Fallout just from 100%ing Fallout 3 and its DLC, I don't really feel the need to play any of the sequels.

Rock Band 4's failure devastated me. No, really, it's the last time I'm ever, ever, EVER pre-ordering a game. It was so depressing, I gave up on playing video games for a couple months because of that piece of shit.

#28449 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:28 PM

Should have bought GH Live instead!

#28450 Luriden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1344 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:36 PM

Should have bought GH Live instead!

I like the idea of GHTV, but I play Rock Band for the drums, which didn't work right out of the box and had to be fixed with a firmware update released a week after the game came out. Drum rolls STILL don't register correctly, and it's a software problem, not hardware. They just haven't gotten around to fixing that part yet.

Though that doesn't even make the list of my top 50 problems with the game.

#28451 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4380 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:38 PM

I beat 25 games and 6 DLC packs this year. If I would not have spent so much time on Titanfall and Destiny I am sure I could have beaten another 10 games. 48 a year is pretty rough.

Games that can't be beaten throw a wrench in things a bit. The last time we did this I was playing a lot of War Z (I know!) Which messed up my progress a bit.

But 4 games a month really isn't that difficult. A lot of the arcade games and such are only a few hours long and can be beaten in a day or two, same with a lot of the newer FPS campaigns.

Also, looks like Jiryn beat enough games for all of us combined this year

#28452 dennisb407   Brickseek DN Banned   6245 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:41 PM

The final day of the year...

So, I'm asking the regular crew what their fave game (or two or three) of the year is. Don't need an essay on why - just what game(s) gave you the most joy this year? Don't be offended if I didn't list you. I just did top of mind contributors. Anybody can answer my question - we are all CAG bros. Happy new year, guys.

Mine would be FIFA 16, Fallout 4 and Mad Max.

List of CAGs favorite games for 2015:

I'll edit this list as people reply.

Spoiler

Also, remember today is the last day to download December GWG. Dirt Showdown and Killer Instinct start 'tomorrow'.

lol a simple list causing so many salty tears lol.

Rainbow 6 Siege.

#28453 bear489   My Trolliest President CAGiversary!   1046 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:54 PM

lol a simple list causing so many salty tears lol.

Rainbow 6 Siege.

That was his plan all along.

#28454 The Prize Fighter Inferno   XBL: Greendale CC CAGiversary!   1205 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

The Prize Fighter Inferno

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:08 PM

Giving away a $10 Xbox code to somebody tonight! Quote this post and tell me the worst game you played this year by 12 AM Eastern to be entered. Happy New Year everyone and good luck!

#28455 Groo The Wanderer  

Groo The Wanderer

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:10 PM

Giving away a $10 Xbox code to somebody tonight! Quote this post and tell me the worst game you played this year by 12 AM Eastern to be entered. Happy New Year everyone and good luck!

Pneuma. Give me my $10.

#28456 wampler13   That's just ,like, your opinion, man! CAGiversary!   761 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:12 PM

The order

EDIT: I forgot about Deer  God...gotta go with Deer God!

#28457 raderj2112   MWMS Trading Ban   176 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

raderj2112

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:14 PM

Destint... seriously. Fuck that game lol

#28458 KansasCityKing  

KansasCityKing

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:17 PM

I wish I could include the broken MCC but that game came out in 2014.  For 2015 I would have to say Tony Hawks Pro Skater 5.  That game wasn't worth my free redbox rental.

#28459 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4415 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:18 PM

Destiny.

Did it have to come out this year? The deer God was pretty terrible for me too.

This is a tough question for me because I rarely buy games without watching a twitch stream or reading about them so I usually already know if I will like it or not before hand. Destiny I bought day one because of Halo and didn't like Destiny but I don't make that mistake too often. GWG are ones I get for free and try without any knowledge sometimes so those would be the ones I find out I don't like by playing.

#28460 angelus45  

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:18 PM

batman arkham knight on PC

#28461 F TANK  

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:19 PM

Despite the decent multiplayer, Black Ops 3. The lighting ruined the game. Graphics were subpar. The story tried so hard to be a mindf*** like Blops and utterly failed. Aside from Chris Malorney, the acting sucked. Bad checkpoints. Bad pacing. And probably the worst ending for such a big budget game...and I say that after hearing that annoying Limey blather on in Pneuma. I give it an F-

#28462 MoCiWe   Sporked In The Heart CAGiversary!   7604 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:19 PM

Oh man, this is tough, usually I enjoy bad games even, I'd say Destiny as well but I played that last year not this......uhhhhhh Yaiba I guess? I did that earlier in the year, and it was just kinda plain, had some good music though at least. Either way, thanks for the contest and good luck everyone! 

#28463 onimushadavis   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

onimushadavis

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:23 PM

[quote name="The Prize Fighter Inferno" post="13132016" timestamp="1451603339"]
Giving away a $10 Xbox code to somebody tonight! Quote this post and tell me the worst game you played this year by 12 AM Eastern to be entered. Happy New Year everyone and good luck![/quote

Lego Dimensions

#28464 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

That released this year? Battlefront.

Worst game I played this year no matter when it released? The Evil Within. Just couldn't get into it at all.

#28465 TurkeyOnRye   Hey? Is this velvet? CAGiversary!   1513 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

TurkeyOnRye

Day number 3 and still no Gimme5 email. Am I the only one still without?

#28466 nuthingman3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   28 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

nuthingman3

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:26 PM

Deer God... Trying to forget it

#28467 Groo The Wanderer  

Groo The Wanderer

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:26 PM

Deer God... Trying to forget it

ooooh good one

#28468 Kotor15   Banned Banned   3099 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:27 PM

Styx

#28469 Bradisback   Pau hana CAGiversary!   352 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Yup deer God was just a turd

#28470 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7720 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Everyone saying Destiny is being super harsh. Seriously the game has its flaws but there is absolutely no denying that the core gameplay itself is some of the best we have had for a FPS.

That being said I have been fairly picky with my game playing this year since time has been a bit more tight than usual but Velocity X2 and Toy Soldiers War Chest. I just could not grasp why people liked Velocity, I found it very dull and boring myself. Toy Soldiers was actually a massive let down simply because the other two were so fantastic and yet this one they somehow ruined with glitches. The game itself would crash on me all the time and multiple times I ran into glitches that would cause entire matches to have been for nothing because they would become unable to finish.  Pair that with the really strange choice of microtransactions and army building that really didn't impact squat I would say that Toy Soldiers was my biggest flop I played this year. 

Also, really awesome of you to give away a $10 code; thanks for the giveaway! : )