* * * * - 7 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation IV (No reselling discussions)

#4021 Cloudx9  

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:42 PM

It's crazy then that they were able to sell a "sold out for good" product on their site earler today. But we should just agree to disagree. I will continue to see this as a marketing ploy by Bethesda to build hype and sales, you will see it as a multimillion dollar company not being able to accurately predict demand for one of its flagship products.

I will also be picking up the regular edition at launch and a "Pip Boy" edition 6-9 months from release at my local Best Buy for ~$50.

Lol you do know people do have the right to cancel their orders right, and if people cancel orders Bethesda will have to put them back up. Or can you not even understand that logic. The ones that Bethesda put up this morning lasted only a few minutes. Can't believe you actually used this as an example lmao. By the way if Bethesda did produce more, nows probably a pretty good time to put them up for preorder lol, we're only 3 weeks away from release. Otherwise people on ebay are taking all of Bethesda business.

#4022 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11634 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:46 PM

I'm starting to miss TPP console talks...

#4023 Lil Frier  

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:55 PM

I'm starting to miss TPP console talks...

I've taken to just scrolling through the comments, in case pictures of something new get posted.

#4024 Cloudx9  

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:00 PM

It's crazy then that they were able to sell a "sold out for good" product on their site earler today. But we should just agree to disagree. I will continue to see this as a marketing ploy by Bethesda to build hype and sales, you will see it as a multimillion dollar company not being able to accurately predict demand for one of its flagship products.

I will also be picking up the regular edition at launch and a "Pip Boy" edition 6-9 months from release at my local Best Buy for ~$50.

Btw to add to your point about whether or not Bethesda knows demand, I agree with you that they probably know approximately how many Fallout fans would want the Pipboy. What they can't predict is how many extra copies of this people would buy to resell. That's the biggest difference between the Pipboy vs FO3 or NV CEs. The artificial demand isn't created by Bethesda, it was created by ebay. Back when FO3 or NV CE came out, there weren't anyone buying those to resell. Despite drop in Pipboy prices on Ebay, it's still profitable enough that majority of re sellers will not cancel their orders and we're only 3 weeks out. Bethesda also will not make more and risk all the re sellers cancelling their orders creating huge amounts of access stock. Companies don't make money having to clearancing items out. Anyways good luck to you picking one up for $50 6-9 months from now lol.

#4025 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2754 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:08 PM

The Fallout controller, looks pretty good for being 3rd party. I really like the detailed d-pad. If the price is right, I'll bite. Wonder if it will receiver the 20% discount running this week? Like someone said, could be used as a PC controller.

image.jpeg

#4026 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:11 PM

So, back on the Halo 5 CE...

I have an order of it from Best Buy during the 50% off glitch.  Been giving it a lot of thought lately and just not sure I can justify it even at that price, so if any CAG's in the NH/MA area are interested in working something out shoot me a PM.  Cant return it to BB as I have 4-5 other games on that order still coming out and really dont feel like dealing with eBay for this one.  Would prefer to do a local meetup since I'm sure shipping is gonna be pricey.

#4027 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4146 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:38 PM

Steel book plastic inserts are easy to change out without screwing up the steelbook if that makes you feel better.

Yes and no. Front and back are easy. Spine is stuck on with adhesive so it's a bit tougher. Also, I think this is a jumbo one which would make it harder to find one to scavenge.

#4028 elessar123  

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:48 PM

Yes and no. Front and back are easy. Spine is stuck on with adhesive so it's a bit tougher. Also, I think this is a jumbo one which would make it harder to find one to scavenge.

Jumbo as in G1 sized, or as in Walking Dead thick?

#4029 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4146 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2015 - 12:09 AM

Walking Dead thick. At least from what I saw on Major Nelsons blog

#4030 LordMaloysius  

LordMaloysius

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:04 AM

You are right, I forgot about the spine. That is just slow going though to make sure it doesn't bend and curl it instead.  

#4031 Lil Frier  

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:25 AM

The Fallout controller, looks pretty good for being 3rd party. I really like the detailed d-pad. If the price is right, I'll bite. Wonder if it will receiver the 20% discount running this week? Like someone said, could be used as a PC controller.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Yeah, I was thinking of PC use. The only things that worry me are:

1. Limited quantity means it probably is $50. If they don't let the 20% discount apply, that's pricey for a third-party controller that isn't even wireless. $40 and 20% off? I'm all over it.

2. When this goes live; if it's midnight ET, cool. If it's midnight PT, that's 2 AM here, and I'm not staying up. If it's sometime in the middle of tomorrow, I'm at work, and I'm hosed.

3. Overall quality always comes to the front of my mind with controllers. I got a GameStop-brand 360 wired controller, as well as the 360 AirFlo one. Both took to ghosting inside of 6 months, I think. They just sucked. Rather now drop $40-60 on a controller to last hardly any time, though it seems my Xbox One controller collecting's going to make such things more-personalized (have the Titanfall controller, and planning to add the Forza one and both Halo ones, and I'll probably rotate them out by which game I'm playing).

So, back on the Halo 5 CE...

I have an order of it from Best Buy during the 50% off glitch.  Been giving it a lot of thought lately and just not sure I can justify it even at that price, so if any CAG's in the NH/MA area are interested in working something out shoot me a PM.  Cant return it to BB as I have 4-5 other games on that order still coming out and really dont feel like dealing with eBay for this one.  Would prefer to do a local meetup since I'm sure shipping is gonna be pricey.

Do you mean the $100 LE or the $250 LCE? Wondering about the clarity of that.

#4032 Darkwarlord   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   81 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Darkwarlord

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:28 AM

If anyone is interested in getting the European release of Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water, Amazon.de currently has it available for pre-order.  It has gone in and out of stock for awhile.  It's available as of this post.

http://www.amazon.de...duct/B014DSPUZ4

I know the Wii U is region locked, but my hope is some enterprising individual will break the region lock in the future just like the Wii.  Its the closest we can get to a physical English release here in the USA.

#4033 Cloudx9  

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:31 AM

Pretty sure he meant the $250 LCE. I remember him offering it up a few months back. He was able to get it for 50% off during that Bestbuy glitch. I was really interested in it, but lives nowhere near him.

#4034 Lil Frier  

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:00 AM

Pretty sure he meant the $250 LCE. I remember him offering it up a few months back. He was able to get it for 50% off during that Bestbuy glitch. I was really interested in it, but lives nowhere near him.

Yeah, that's why I asked. I live half the country away, but I'd be intrigued at that price.

#4035 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11634 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:50 AM

I got back from GS about half an hour ago with my Halo 5 console, and the vast majority of the folks in the store weren't there for GHL.  :)

That LCE box is HUGE, you could fit three console boxes in that thing.

#4036 Lil Frier  

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:55 AM

I got back from GS about half an hour ago with my Halo 5 console, and the vast majority of the folks in the store weren't there for GHL.   :)

Pics or it didn't happen.

#4037 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11634 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 20 October 2015 - 05:00 AM

Pics or it didn't happen.

cb487b52f4cac06da882bd86f34b1074.jpg

#4038 Lil Frier  

Posted 20 October 2015 - 05:30 AM

Sweet stuff. I'm REALLY wanting to hit them up tomorrow and get my own. I'm also hoping my cousin texts me back that he doesn't care if I get rid of his old 360 (he bought another and left this here when he moved), because I'll trade it for the $75 off coupon (it's a 20-GB original model, worth a whole $5 at Best Buy).

Also, is there an active Mover's Coupon? Would love to do a trade-in of the 360, and would it stack with the $75 off?

#4039 dios   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2509 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2015 - 05:31 AM

If anyone is interested in getting the European release of Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water, Amazon.de currently has it available for pre-order.  It has gone in and out of stock for awhile.  It's available as of this post.

http://www.amazon.de...duct/B014DSPUZ4

I know the Wii U is region locked, but my hope is some enterprising individual will break the region lock in the future just like the Wii.  Its the closest we can get to a physical English release here in the USA.

The fact that Fatal Frame isn't getting a physical release here in the states blows my fucking mind.

But I saw screenshots of the japanese version.

Arent the girls underage? Arent there unlockable costumes of them in just their lingerie? Fuckin japan...

#4040 Methoes   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   821 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2015 - 05:37 AM

I didn't think the 50% glitch worked on consoles - only games. That day, I pre-ordered every game they had on the website. Only if I knew.

#4041 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 20 October 2015 - 05:53 AM

Hmm odd. I see people mention notification of Zestaria LE preparing for shipping. I got a shipping confirmation for my vanilla copy that i pre-ordered during the pricing glitch, but nothing for my LE... should i be concerned?

#4042 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11590 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2015 - 06:01 AM

Hmm odd. I see people mention notification of Zestaria LE preparing for shipping. I got a shipping confirmation for my vanilla copy that i pre-ordered during the pricing glitch, but nothing for my LE... should i be concerned?

Guess we will all see come tomorrow. I noticed my CE at Best Buy was showing available to pickup today, hoping I don't end up with a good ol situation of "Oh sorry, we didn't get it in and its not coming", like I had happen in the past a few times with niche games.

#4043 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder Banned   7273 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2015 - 06:04 AM

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Ddint realize it was 3rd party. I will pass on that.

#4044 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 20 October 2015 - 06:21 AM

Guess we will all see come tomorrow. I noticed my CE at Best Buy was showing available to pickup today, hoping I don't end up with a good ol situation of "Oh sorry, we didn't get it in and its not coming", like I had happen in the past a few times with niche games.

Did you do store pickup? I NEVER do that with LE's or games that are niche. BBY is pretty terrible at losing them or not getting them in. I remember one time with Dragons Crown on the vita they put my copy on the friggin shelf. Luckily saw it when i was browsing the section before i went to the counter and snagged it. It was funny watching them scramble around trying to find my copy when i had it in my hand

#4045 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11590 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2015 - 06:38 AM

Did you do store pickup? I NEVER do that with LE's or games that are niche. BBY is pretty terrible at losing them or not getting them in. I remember one time with Dragons Crown on the vita they put my copy on the friggin shelf. Luckily saw it when i was browsing the section before i went to the counter and snagged it. It was funny watching them scramble around trying to find my copy when i had it in my hand

Yeah, been having issues with my shipping address due to it being a PO Box now (Had one package from Amazon totally go into some weird USPS loop and had to be replaced). My store has been pretty good with my stuff for like the past year or so, last major screwup I had was Senran Kagura for Vita which still got solved....(Eventually).

The upside is the store that I order all my stuff at most of the employees know me by name. So I feel like they'd be extra careful if something of mine popped up. Absolute worst case scenario, I'll just order one off Amazon/Gamestop tomorrow morning if they don't have it.

#4046 opportunity777   Disco Fever CAGiversary!   5246 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

opportunity777

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:42 AM

I got back from GS about half an hour ago with my Halo 5 console, and the vast majority of the folks in the store weren't there for GHL.   :)

Is the LCE Titanfall size or smaller?

Never mind, it looks like it's maybe as big or slightly smaller than Crysis 2 Nano, but still far smaller than Titanfall.

No insert to put in a disc into the steelbook, so you will need to purchase your own if you intend to put a game in there. What a pile of shit.

#4047 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   15056 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:06 AM

No insert to put in a disc into the steelbook, so you will need to purchase your own if you intend to put a game in there. What a pile of shit.

Why even include the damn Steelbook if there's no spindle to put in a disk?!

#4048 opportunity777   Disco Fever CAGiversary!   5246 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

opportunity777

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:20 AM

Why even include the damn Steelbook if there's no spindle to put in a disk?!

Because Microsoft fucked up. The whole LCE looks like a major disappointment. Considering how much space they take up, I am sure they will go on major clearance.

#4049 PetersHere   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2815 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:34 AM

It's things like this that make you realize it's the end of the world.  :-({|=

#4050 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   7092 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2015 - 01:09 PM

Now, time for the flood of Project Triforce complaints to come in.