* * * * - 7 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation IV (No reselling discussions)

#4201 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4104 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:30 PM

Ty guys cancelled on Amazon and got confirmation of that so will try to order on Best Buy once the issue refund. Not sure how long thatll take hehe

Why wait? Order now or else you might not have a CE at all.

#4202 the_vahngo  

the_vahngo

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:46 PM

Skimmed the total war article. Is that exclusive to gs?

#4203 lowonthetrack  

lowonthetrack

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:48 PM

Why wait? Order now or else you might not have a CE at all.

I ordered right away off of Best Buy. It says "preparing" and gave me an order number. I was also thinking if I waited it wouldn't be up anymore so I went ahead and did it. 

#4204 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5769 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:49 PM

Skimmed the total war article. Is that exclusive to gs?

The CE is exclusive to the Koch Media online store.  The retailers for the LE (which is basically a metal case and some DLC) have not been announced yet.  

#4205 yokofox33   House Stark CAGiversary!   1398 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:01 PM

Was just able to pre order a Project Zero CE on Amazon DE. Sucks I can't play it, but having it in physical form is nice.

#4206 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3271 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2015 - 11:48 PM

They do have a bunch of fallout merchandise available. I'm glad I got the controller ordered, even better it was with credit at Gamestop. Most of the other stuff coming out doesn't interest me though. I'll be happy with my pipboy, CE guide, and controller. I ordered two CE guides, planned to use one and keep the second sealed. Should I just get one? Then order the GOTY Guide and keep it sealed? About how long after FO3 and FONV released did the GOTY edition come out? A year?.

FONV didn't have a GOTY/Ultimate edition guide. FO3 guide came out 10/28/2008. FO3 GOTY on 10/13/2009.

I'm suspect FO4 will have a GOTY guide at some point but it's far from guaranteed.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#4207 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2125 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 12:20 AM

I have a question that I hope somebody can help with. If I want to put a 2tb hard drive in my new Metal Gear Solid system that I haven't used yet would I still have to put a system update on a usb stick or can I just put the hard drive in before I boot it up the first time and it will be ok? Sorry I'm not tech savvy when it comes to this stuff.

#4208 warl0rd  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 12:29 AM

I have a question that I hope somebody can help with. If I want to put a 2tb hard drive in my new Metal Gear Solid system that I haven't used yet would I still have to put a system update on a usb stick or can I just put the hard drive in before I boot it up the first time and it will be ok? Sorry I'm not tech savvy when it comes to this stuff.

You need to install the system software.

#4209 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 23 October 2015 - 12:39 AM

You need a USB/thumb drive with the latest system update, when you put in a new drive it resets the PS4 to the firmware that comes with your system.  Its super easy though, these are the steps I used and I've done it 4 or 5 times now to various PS4s.  Don't go above 2TB though, the PS4 has problems with bigger drives sometimes and 2TB is plenty for now.

http://www.ign.com/w..._PS4_Hard_Drive

#4210 ChiefBrody1027   40th Anniversary CAG CAGiversary!   1182 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

ChiefBrody1027

Posted 23 October 2015 - 12:42 AM

You'll need the larger of the two install downloads. This needs to be on a usb drive formatted with fat32. The mgs ps4 has s different recovery resolution that sometimes makes it so you can't see what your doing. If you have a pc monitor with hdmi you can use that. If not, you'll have to do it blind. If you follow the YouTube video you can do it. Some pages back there was a discussion on the subject. Hope that helps

Chief_Brody_1027.png

#4211 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2125 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 12:43 AM

You need a USB/thumb drive with the latest system update, when you put in a new drive it resets the PS4 to the firmware that comes with your system. Its super easy though, these are the steps I used and I've done it 4 or 5 times now to various PS4s. Don't go above 2TB though, the PS4 has problems with bigger drives sometimes and 2TB is plenty for now.
http://www.ign.com/w..._PS4_Hard_Drive

I understand this but if I never used the system wouldn't it go to the original firmware anyway since it's never been turned on? Not doubting you just thought if I put the hard drive in before I turn on the system for the first time the it would just update on the 2tb drive?

#4212 warl0rd  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 12:49 AM

I understand this but if I never used the system wouldn't it go to the original firmware anyway since it's never been turned on? Not doubting you just thought if I put the hard drive in before I turn on the system for the first time the it would just update on the 2tb drive?

The original hard drive have the system software installed, your new one is empty. I made the process two time and the last time was in a PS4 new.

#4213 warl0rd  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 12:52 AM

This is the link for the software download:

https://www.playstat...newinstallation

#4214 ChiefBrody1027   40th Anniversary CAG CAGiversary!   1182 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

ChiefBrody1027

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:53 AM

The 2tb has no system software on it. The whole process is very easy. The only hitch is the recovery resolution that has caused a few issues for a few members. That tends to their people if they don't know what is happening.

Chief_Brody_1027.png

#4215 donaldlee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   126 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 02:04 AM

Xenoblade CE finally went up on BB

http://www.bestbuy.c...0&skuId=4567900

#4216 Cloudx9  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 02:11 AM

Xenoblade CE finally went up on BB

http://www.bestbuy.c...0&skuId=4567900

It's been up for several weeks now

#4217 Lil Frier  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 02:12 AM

I guess it's the fact I've never played Xenoblade games in the past, but I find it funny I see the $90 price tag on XCX and say "screw you with your no-steelbook garbage," but I'm considering the $85 Fallout 4 that doesn't have one either.

Lil+Frier.png

Currently Playing: :xb1:: Battlefield 1, Forza Horizon 3; :ps4:: NONE, :3ds:: Pokémon Y,    :wiiu:: NONE; :pc:: NONE

#4218 donaldlee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   126 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 02:18 AM

It's been up for several weeks now

Damn, that's what I get for stopping typing my search when I got to "xeno" and saw two results and didn't realize it didn't show results for "xenoblade".

#4219 guerox4   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   111 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 02:32 AM

Anyone order assassins creed get any shipping updates?

#4220 Fades   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   271 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 03:31 AM

I ordered mine from Best Buy and is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

#4221 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2709 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:08 AM

Damn I just realized Fallout4 doesn't have a Steelbook at all. Was just talking to a Co worker tonight, about how much I like Steelbooks.

Edit: I guess the Pipboy edition comes with a metal case. Didn't people say that's not the same as a Steelbook?

Seriously wtf is wrong with people. " I preordered Pipboy, juggernog, and Halo CE on Amazon. I want a amazon GC for 150% of the cost, I'll use the GC as payment. Then have amazon pay for me to ship it to you."

This is CheapAssGamer, I get it. But why are people so fucking sleezy. If you have a preorder for all the CE, I'm sure you used this thread and maybe the Line. So basically people are using this thread just make money. It's one thing to preorder something and change your mind. But when your selling every major CE for the fall at a mark up, it just makes you look like an ass.
bleedingwicked.png

#4222 henry32689   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   222 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

henry32689

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:31 AM

Damn I just realized Fallout4 doesn't have a Steelbook at all. Was just talking to a Co worker tonight, about how much I like Steelbooks.

Edit: I guess the Pipboy edition comes with a metal case. Didn't people say that's not the same as a Steelbook?

I was confused on the Fallout 4 "metal case" as well. Really hope its an actual steelbook and not a crappy metalpak/metal case.

#4223 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder CAGiversary!   7249 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:52 AM

Seriously wtf is wrong with people. " I preordered Pipboy, juggernog, and Halo CE on Amazon. I want a amazon GC for 150% of the cost, I'll use the GC as payment. Then have amazon pay for me to ship it to you."

This is CheapAssGamer, I get it. But why are people so fucking sleezy. If you have a preorder for all the CE, I'm sure you used this thread and maybe the Line. So basically people are using this thread just make money. It's one thing to preorder something and change your mind. But when your selling every major CE for the fall at a mark up, it just makes you look like an ass.

I'm getting the FO4 for the Pip-Boy, and Pip-Boy only.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#4224 Lil Frier  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 05:01 AM

Sorry, I don't see why. I can't say I've taken advantage of such things myself, but I harbor no resentment towards those willing to put in the effort to make money. There isn't some moral code of having to wait your turn if you don't love the game enough. Kudos to the people willing to switch orders at-cost to help others out, but if you're doing the work to get the pre-orders, I don't fault you for leveraging your choice of time spent to your gain.

Lil+Frier.png

Currently Playing: :xb1:: Battlefield 1, Forza Horizon 3; :ps4:: NONE, :3ds:: Pokémon Y,    :wiiu:: NONE; :pc:: NONE

#4225 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6291 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 23 October 2015 - 05:33 AM

Destiny CE PS4

http://www.gamestop....xclusive/122689

#4226 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6895 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 05:47 AM

I was confused on the Fallout 4 "metal case" as well. Really hope its an actual steelbook and not a crappy metalpak/metal case.

It's not a steelbook.  It would say "steelbook" if it was.  There are tons of different cases out there like MetalPak, Futurepak, Ironpack, or Metalbox.   This one appears to be none of them and is simply a "metal case". 

http://collectorsedi...ead.php?t=12066

A quick google search lead to that thread.  But it has some pictures with good examples of the differences between the two most commonly sold cases: Steelbook vs Metalpak.  Collectors love steelbooks because of the sturdy build and solid spines.  Metalpaks have hinges that are quite grotesque.  Futurepaks have similar hinges.  There is a slit, a break in the spine when you open them. Ironpacks are very similar to steelbooks but they are heavier, have shorter and wider spines.  I believe Ironpacks have not been in production for a few years due to a patent lawsuit from the Steelbook people. Most of the stuff you see in the stores are Steelbooks, Metalpaks, or they are simply metal cases of some sort. Which confuses people.

http://forum.blu-ray...ad.php?t=150701

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#4227 asspickle   Scandinavian King CAGiversary!   1977 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 06:16 AM

^ That really sucks, I was hoping for a true steelbook case :(

#4228 dav2sil  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 09:26 AM

Mine came in yesterday from bestbuy.

#4229 guerox4   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   111 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:14 AM

Sorry I meant the collectors edition from the ubisoft store

#4230 ohscaryone   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   204 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

ohscaryone

Posted 23 October 2015 - 12:50 PM

I was wondering the same thing about the AC Syndicate CE. When I look up my order it still says it will ship on 12-31-15 and there is no way I saw to tell if its processing, shipping, or anything else. I guess I will just cross my fingers and hope it ships out today.