* * * * - 7 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation IV (No reselling discussions)

#4531 LordMaloysius  

LordMaloysius

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:46 PM

Anyone have any experience with ordering the titanfall CE when it was $100? I feel like once it gets to that price point, the condition of the box/statue is always bad since they are the leftovers/rejects.

I bought it from Amazon October last year for 100.  It came perfectly fine.  Box was not beat up at all and contents inside was good.  One of the gun barrels on the soldier's was broken though.  I'm not putting that on Amazon, or on shipping though since both boxes were fine.  That was the only damage.  It is stupid large though.  I have it on the floor, because there is no shelf that I have big enough for it.  Its too big in my opinion.  

#4532 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   2286 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:47 PM

Especially if there's an issue with a Mover's coupon and there's a $50 GC to be had.

Someone is salty

#4533 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   2286 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:52 PM

I bought it from BBY when it had that glitch.  That was probably the only time I had an issue with best buy completely  Fuck ing up with shipping as they shipped the damn thing as is.  Literally, no box to protect it, no nothing.  Even so, it wasn't really damaged, just had one corner dinged, and the box sleeve had a rip here and there.  Inside, everything was pristine so I didn't bother returning; that and because the thing is damn big and I'm not taking it back to a store without a damn good reason.

Careful man.  The CAG Police might get on your case for using a glitch to get a deal on something from Best Buy.

#4534 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49866 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:52 PM

Someone is salty

Like a 50lb salt lick.

#4535 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11231 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:54 PM

Didnt a mod just told you guys to stop arguing?

Deader2818.png

#4536 Number83   ¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ CAGiversary!   10507 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:54 PM

Anyone have any experience with ordering the titanfall CE when it was $100? I feel like once it gets to that price point, the condition of the box/statue is always bad since they are the leftovers/rejects.

I got one from Amazon when it was $99.  Was still in the original brown shipping box that said do not display until XX/XX/XXXX, whatever day that was. 

Now that I think of it...Did I even open that?  For all I know it could be a box of rocks.

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#4537 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   2286 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:58 PM

Didnt a mod just told you guys to stop arguing?

I stopped.  Those other Internet Heroes can't let shit go however.

#4538 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49866 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:58 PM

I got one from Amazon when it was $99.  Was still in the original brown shipping box that said do not display until XX/XX/XXXX, whatever day that was. 

Now that I think of it...Did I even open that?  For all I know it could be a box of rocks.

I'll pay for shipping on that box of rocks, since I'm sure it has no value being rocks and all. ;)

#4539 Number83   ¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ CAGiversary!   10507 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:01 PM

I'll pay for shipping on that box of rocks, since I'm sure it has no value being rocks and all. ;)

The price is right, but shipping will kill the deal.

I'm like GoHastings.com that way.   :whee:

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#4540 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1178 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:03 PM

IMO, you guys should have bought the $99 Limited Edition and waited for the $250 version to go on Clearance. That is what I am doing. Tacking on an extra $150 for a plastic statue is a joke and I am sure there will be a surplus of copies just like there was for Titanfall.

I bought the $99 LE ($79 with GCU), but I'm probably not going to bother with the LCE even when it goes on clearance. That steelbook with no disc spindle is a turn off for me.

#4541 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   2286 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:06 PM

I bought the $99 LE ($79 with GCU), but I'm probably not going to bother with the LCE even when it goes on clearance. That steelbook with no disc spindle is a turn off for me.

Yea I bought the same one as well, because I wanted a physical disc version.  I already had a download code so I just used that and kept the LE sealed for now.  If the $250 drops in price (which it will), depending on how much it is, I might dip in and snag one.

#4542 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49866 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:08 PM

The price is right, but shipping will kill the deal.

I'm like GoHastings.com that way.   :whee:

I thought as much, though it never hurts to ask.

#4543 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   8886 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:14 PM

Especially if there's an issue with a Mover's coupon and there's a $50 GC to be had.

That was for the console bundle, pay attention!

Anak+Chuckatoa.png

Suffering passive aggressive Florida trash fools all my life.

xkcd comics: Zealous Autoconfig | RTFM | Borders | A random comic strip

#4544 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6522 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:28 PM

Bought it on Amazon when it first hit $100.  It was brand new, no issues.  Came in the original perfectly sized brown shipper box.

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#4545 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   2286 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:05 PM

I'm still trying to find one on Amazon for $100

Not happening lol

#4546 Cloudx9  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:17 PM

I'm still trying to find one on Amazon for $100

Not happening lol

They were available at Gamestop a few weeks ago for $71.

#4547 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   2286 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:31 PM

They were available at Gamestop a few weeks ago for $71.

Sadly no stores within a 100 mile radius have one lol

#4548 NeoMonk  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:31 PM

WOW! I have a whole new respect for Target!

They just emailed me telling me that my previously cancelled Fallout 4 PIPBOY Edition will be honored!

NOT ONLY THAT, IT's FREE!!!!

*For those that may not know*

Target cancelled a bunch of F4PBE pre-orders because it seems they would not be able to fill all of them.

They were very straight up about the issue & event went ahead & gave some of us $30 gift cards for their mistake.

I kinda figured that was the end of that but now I get this email! WOW I'm so stocked right now!

tumblr_inline_nuw9osYAkt1sgvxqc_540.gif

b6g1NUv.gifezgif.com-resize6bea7.gif

#4549 Cloudx9  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:38 PM

They just emailed me telling me that my previously cancelled Fallout 4 PIPBOY Edition will be honored!

Target cancelled a bunch of F4PBE pre-orders because it seems they would not be able to fill all of them.
They were very straight up about the issue & event went ahead & gave some of us $30 gift cards for their mistake.
I kinda figured that was the end of that but now I get this email! WOW I'm so stocked right now!
tumblr_inline_nuw9osYAkt1sgvxqc_540.gif

I remembered Bestbuy did the same thing when they accidentally canceled people's Majoras Mask Skullkid bundles.

#4550 TheBroKitten   Banned Banned   273 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

TheBroKitten

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:59 PM

Best Buy is really dropping the ball on their shipping as of late.  Halo Limited Edition was mailed in a plastic bubble mailer, and the inside of the Metal Case had a broken clip on the inside.  

My TOZ shipped in a box that was the correct size for it, but no Air Pack inside and I have a dented corner.  I was able to smooth it out, but a slight crease is still there.

Guess it's in store pick up for me from now on...I fear for my Pip Boys...

R u an Elite Plus member ?
🐱. 🐱. 🐱. 🐱. 🐱. 🐱. 🐱. 🐱. 🐱. 🐱
🐱 🐱. 🐱. MEOW MEOW 🐱. 🐱. 🐱.

#4551 WhatTheHalcyon  

WhatTheHalcyon

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:58 PM

Now I wish they had cancelled mine :[.  As is probably cancelling because I can't afford it right now.  Getting it for free would have been awesome.

#4552 Cloudx9  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:33 PM

I kinda figured that was the end of that but now I get this email!

Hey NeoMonk, is the Pipboy showing up in your order history on Target.com? My cousin got his canceled that same day. They told him it was cancelled by mistake. Anyways I told him after seeing your post, but still nothing from Target in his email.

#4553 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1748 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:26 PM

I think after a period of time, the stores will ship those editions back to the warehouse if they don't sell.  Then Best Buy blows them out at a low price to get them moved.  Of course they are not the best condition I assume, but it is worth a shot.

It's actually the opposite. Eventually the warehouses will send their CE stock to various stores and they will just sit around until someones buys them or the website sells one. Then the store will ship it.

#4554 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4102 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:57 PM

I got my order of Tales of Zestiria from BB that I placed the day the game came out (and it came back in stock). I also ordered one from Gamestop out of panic. I'm planning on returning one of them. One of them is numbered 9636 but the other one isn't numbered at all. Are some of the numbering stickers being placed inside? I don't want to open the shrinkwrap just yet, but I would also like to keep the lower number of the two.

#4555 NeoMonk  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:20 PM

Hey NeoMonk, is the Pipboy showing up in your order history on Target.com? My cousin got his canceled that same day. They told him it was cancelled by mistake. Anyways I told him after seeing your post, but still nothing from Target in his email.

Still shows as cancelled, that's one of the things I checked right away. No change yet. I'll be sure to post an update on this thread if there's a change.

b6g1NUv.gifezgif.com-resize6bea7.gif

#4556 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4102 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:52 PM

Also I am going through the process of getting a physical disc for Halo 5. The rep is asking for a lot more info than what was stated. They want a picture of my receipt and my xbox serial number. Anyone else experience this?

Edit: Well the order was placed and she immediately gave me a code for the digital content. I mentioned the CE disc art and the fact that the steelbook doesn't have a disc holder. She made a note of it and confirmed that the disc they send out is a CE disc. She made it seem like they might even send a steelbook too but I won't get my hopes up.

#4557 fieldkillah   Bleeds Black & Gold CAGiversary!   1650 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

fieldkillah

Posted 29 October 2015 - 01:00 AM

Also I am going through the process of getting a physical disc for Halo 5. The rep is asking for a lot more info than what was stated. They want a picture of my receipt and my xbox serial number. Anyone else experience this?

Edit: Well the order was placed and she immediately gave me a code for the digital content. I mentioned the CE disc art and the fact that the steelbook doesn't have a disc holder. She made a note of it and confirmed that the disc they send out is a CE disc. She made it seem like they might even send a steelbook too but I won't get my hopes up.

Most likely you'll be getting a sealed copy of the regular edition.  That's what everyone including me have received.  They did however give me a code for the console DLC (FOTUS), but that may have been a mistake on their part.  Also the picture and serial # were both things I had to go through for the swap.  

Fieldkillah.png

fieldkillah.png

#4558 DannyEndurance  

DannyEndurance

Posted 29 October 2015 - 02:06 AM

I wasn't too fond of this game and I know it's been free with Plus and maybe Games With Gold so it's likely mostly everyone has it, but those looking forward to 2016's Hitman can get the Hitman Absolution Professional Edition for $12.99 from Budget Video Games Inc. (Fulfilled by Amazon).

http://www.amazon.co...8&condition=new

Includes "Making Of" video, art book, & DLC.

#4559 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4102 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 02:12 AM

Most likely you'll be getting a sealed copy of the regular edition. That's what everyone including me have received. They did however give me a code for the console DLC (FOTUS), but that may have been a mistake on their part. Also the picture and serial # were both things I had to go through for the swap.

Thanks. I told her that people were getting the standard version but she was very understanding of wanting the CE disc and a better steel book. I guess I will have to wait and see.

#4560 bgrngod   CE/SE/LE/UE/PE/ME whore CAGiversary!   625 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 03:49 AM

Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival us up for Pre-Order at Best Buy:  http://www.bestbuy.c...5&skuId=9505126

Not sure how long it'll be.  My guess is this game will be just as easy to get as the other games that were bundled with Amiibos once it comes out.  But, doesn't hurt to lock one down with GCU.

Thanks. I told her that people were getting the standard version but she was very understanding of wanting the CE disc and a better steel book. I guess I will have to wait and see.

I got a standard edition of the game.  Most likely that is what everyone is getting since they probably just set aside a bunch of the standard editions for this program.  Manufacturing a bunch of CE disks would probably be more of a challenge for them versus swiping a crate of vanilla editions from their inventory.

Got mine yesterday.  Just the vanilla retail game.  No code.  I opened up another chat with them and eventually they provided me 2 codes.  Still didn't do anything about getting me the "limited edition" disc (I heard that the LE had different disc art, but can't seem to find it online anywhere) despite the first CSR saying he'd request one for me.

I'm glad the game is getting better reviews because all this headache and trouble has been one utter fiasco and as a Halo fan I'm very disappointed in their handling of this -- i mean, its pretty much MS's biggest exclusive franchise, you think they would've handled it a bit better, but they practically pulled a Nintendo on this one.

Just got out of my second chat support session with MS and they got me my code in like 5 minutes.  So that was nice.