* * * * - 4 votes

Madden 16 Official CAG League - Spots Open! League Progressing! Draft! Panoramic15 Now Commissioner!

Madden 16 League Xbox One CAG Official Football

#91 dgillz11  

dgillz11

Posted 09 September 2015 - 01:58 PM

Cag name - dgillz11
gamertage - d gillz
time zone - eastern
availabilty - nights between 8p and 11p
team - seahawks

#92 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:42 PM

Cag name - dgillz11
gamertage - d gillz
time zone - eastern
availabilty - nights between 8p and 11p
team - seahawks

Ok, cool. I'll get you added. Welcome to the league.

#93 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16928 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:48 AM

Sooo...this just happened in online ranked.

The guy tried to draw me offside, and he did...but I guess he must have snapped the ball right afterward, because somehow, I wasn't offside...and my DT just tackled the crap out of his center before he could snap the ball, resulting in a two yard loss.

I was dying laughing when it happened. I love the way Foles is just standing there waiting to receive the ball like "What in the actual Fuck, EA?" :lol:

#94 akathatoneguy   Use your turn signal CAGiversary!   1016 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

akathatoneguy

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:02 PM

EDIT: Nevermind...not sure I'll have the game on time.

EDIT 2:

Got it! I'd love to join if that's cool. I'd be happy to take the Bears.

AKAthatoneguy | AKAthatoneguy | CST | Flexible except for weekday mornings. I don't usually play past 10pm Sun-Thurs as I work pretty early.

#95 siradam134   rawr. 'nuff said CAGiversary!   2261 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

siradam134

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:34 AM

so..the current roster released is garbage. (they say they just updated it today...) Miami released Brandon Fields (P) and Caleb Sturgis (K)....Both are still on the team.... Also doesn't even have our 2nd round pick, Jordan Philips on the roster. Just..wtf. lol. 

#96 siradam134   rawr. 'nuff said CAGiversary!   2261 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

siradam134

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:43 AM

And My next question for anyone here...has anyone been able to load a custom roster (like one of the downloaded updated ones from the community files) and successfully import that into offline or cloud base franchise? Last year the offline gave you the option to "use custom roster" 

I can't seem to make it work this year, and it's driving me nuts. 

#97 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:56 AM

EDIT: Nevermind...not sure I'll have the game on time.

EDIT 2:

Got it! I'd love to join if that's cool. I'd be happy to take the Bears.

AKAthatoneguy | AKAthatoneguy | CST | Flexible except for weekday mornings. I don't usually play past 10pm Sun-Thurs as I work pretty early.

Hey, yeah, we'd be happy to have you, man. And you're welcome to take the Bears. Thanks for posting your info! I'll get you added to the member list.

so..the current roster released is garbage. (they say they just updated it today...) Miami released Brandon Fields (P) and Caleb Sturgis (K)....Both are still on the team.... Also doesn't even have our 2nd round pick, Jordan Philips on the roster. Just..wtf. lol. 

Weird, I didn't notice a roster update, but I did see the notification for the player likeness thing. I got a roster update notification like a day or two ago though, but that one looked exactly the same to me. Even if it's current, there are still a crap ton of moves going on, and some teams are a complete mess.

For example, when the real life Titans cut to their 53 man roster, they only kept 4 WR (cutting Hakeem Nicks and Jacoby Ford), but they currently have 7 TEs on the roster. I don't even know what the hell that is...but I would imagine something is going to change before Sunday rolls around.

And My next question for anyone here...has anyone been able to load a custom roster (like one of the downloaded updated ones from the community files) and successfully import that into offline or cloud base franchise? Last year the offline gave you the option to "use custom roster" 

Sorry, can't help here. I don't do anything with custom rosters. Although, I do remember it being a pain in the ass to get franchise to load properly with the updated rosters. It was something like you had to go to the actual download section and make sure you were saving it properly rather than just downloading and loading it. There was some weird distinction between the two that the game gave zero hints about.

#98 Tanabeo   Houston Mountaineers CAGiversary!   1258 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:30 AM

You have to download the roster then load it in the settings then when you pick start cloud franchise choose active rosters

#99 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:12 PM

soliddragon has rejoined us and will be taking the Colts, which means we have our first full division. The AFC South is going to be wild this year. I find it really odd that that's the division that filled up first, considering it's one of the worst in the league...and two of the members that were in it last season (DarkTower80 - Colts, n8rockerasu - Titans) are no longer in it. And the lone holdover won two of last year's three Super Bowls. Weird.

#100 Energy Penguin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   101 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Energy Penguin

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:28 PM

The roster update comes out today.

#101 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:44 PM

The NFC North is one team away from being full, too!

#102 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16928 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:03 PM

The roster update comes out today.

Yeah, I asw this article referencing that.

http://www.gamezone....-friday-3424617

I'm looking around the internet, but haven't seen anybody mention it being up yet.

EDIT - Looks like this was posted 3 hours ago.

Soooo...it's now late, haha.

#103 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:15 AM

Looking at last year's thread, it looks like the 53 man roster came out on 9/5. so I'd guess we can expect it around 9/11 this year.

Also, totally tooting my own horn, here. But DAMN! Called it, haha.

Roster is up. :)

#104 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:44 AM

Ok...trying to set up the franchise and I'm so confused. The way I looked at team OVRs before was just doing a "Play Now" game and scrolling through the teams. But after loading up this new roster, all the teams show the same OVR that way. But when I start the franchise, and it asks me to pick my team, holy crap are the ratings different.

For example, my team (Vikings) shows a 77 OVR in Play Now, but an 85 OVR when starting a franchise with the same rosters. The Titans also changed from a 72 to an 80...the Ravens from an 85 to an 89...the Patriots from a 91 to an 86...and the Broncos went down from an 89 to an 85. What in the hell is going on?

I mean, I guess I could understand ratings going up since the rosters were expanded before and included scrub players that didn't make 53 man rosters. But how did teams like the Pats and Broncos lose that many points? And how is the Titans defense rated higher than the Packers? What did you do, EA?

If anybody wants to check this out themselves, just go into the franchise creation screen and get to the part where you pick your team. You can back out without doing anything, but just take a look. The numbers are way different.

EDIT - Holy shit, I just noticed one more. The Colts went from an 87 OVR to a 79 OVR. They're rated lower than the Titans...

All right...I'm going to just let this sit until somebody else can take a look at it. It's making me feel like I have to be doing something wrong. It makes no sense.

#105 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:21 AM

The other thing worth noting is these are not 53 man rosters. It looks like most of them have at least 60 players and some have as many as 65.

What this means is we have to do the preseason so the CPU doesn't cut players in the sim. Shit can't ever just be easy, haha.

#106 sprice8688   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2396 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

sprice8688

Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:13 AM

Are u gonna send out invites

#107 Energy Penguin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   101 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Energy Penguin

Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:30 AM

Maybe we can pick a cut date so everyone has a chance to get in there, then sim preseason.

Good call on the roster date, n8!

#108 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:54 AM

All right, somebody else on Operation Sports noticed the issue with team ratings.

So glad for the update and roster updates been waiting to start a franchise!

I am having a problem though...

When I create a Franchise I use the Cloud option... then hit start Franchise and Use Active Roster(Recommended) and then it imports 2532 players in the loading screen.

Now when I go to select a team it seems like these rosters are wrong...

Seahawks are a 92
Colts a 79?
Ravens a 89?
Patriots are a 86?
and the Panthers are a 86 also??? with Cam a 93???

Doesn't seem right... Any advice? Am I doing something wrong?

And this is the response they got:

I think those overall totals are based on how players fit in the coaches scheme. So if Cam is a 93 then Rivera's coaching scheme for QB is probably "mobile." I would assume the Colts personnel doesn't fit Pagano's scheme's in game. It doesn't mean the players are bad

So, I don't know. I've always felt the scheme ratings were super dumb. It just makes the numbers mean less and less. And when you reach a point that your numbers start to suggest that the Titans are "overall" a better team than the Colts, you might as well not have any numbers because that shit is stupid.

With that said, I'm just going to create the damn league.

#109 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:20 AM

Ok...I THINK invites have been sent out. The system is clunky as hell this year and there's no confirmation at all after doing it. Even when you look at the League Options screen, and choose Send Invite, it shows a screen for Pending Invites, but no matter what you do, it stays blank.

So, if you guys don't have an invite, maybe just try searching for "CAG Madden". And if it asks for a pw, it's "cagls".

Now...IMPORTANT things for joining.

1. YOU MUST CREATE A COACH. No joining with existing coaches. Somebody will screw this up. Someone always does. If you fail to create a coach, I'll have to boot you and you'll have to do it over again.

2. DO NOT SIGN ANY FREE AGENTS. Free agents are off limits until we organize a time to divy them up (which will most likely be a round of drafting around Week 4).

Other than that, look over your roster, and figure out who you need to cut. The rosters have more than 53 players. We won't be playing the preseason, but I'll probably give people a couple days to join and get their rosters trimmed. The sooner you do this, the sooner we can play real games and get this thing moving.

If you have any questions, or are unsure about anything, please ask before just doing it. Thanks!

#110 Mog3526   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   832 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:57 PM

Since we are not doing owners. Did you turn off coach firing.

#111 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:55 PM

Since we are not doing owners. Did you turn off coach firing.

Yes

#112 sprice8688   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2396 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

sprice8688

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:40 PM

No one has Atlanta can I play my preseason game

#113 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:50 PM

No one has Atlanta can I play my preseason game

Well, I'm not really sure how the XP system works this year, in the interest of keeping things fair, can you maybe not? Isn't there a full team unlimited practice mode this year? Since we're planning on skipping this first preseason, it might be better for people to just do that so nobody gets a jump start on XP.

#114 sprice8688   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2396 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

sprice8688

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:03 PM

I'm not sure how it works cause it says I have no time to do any training for my team but that's fine just figured I'd ask

#115 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:24 PM

Yeah, I have no idea, haha. I'll try to look later. I just remember EA boasting about "Now, you can practice as much as you want whenever you want." Who knows if that's even available yet though. The franchise menus look so different this year. It took me a few minutes just to figure out how to send invites.

#116 IzzyDigilino  

IzzyDigilino

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:39 PM

Hey I got excited and jumped on the league just saw that we were suppose to create a coach totally my fault what do you want me to do

#117 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:41 PM

You weren't the only one. Both the Raiders and Jaguars went with their team's real coaches.

#118 sprice8688   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2396 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

sprice8688

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:58 PM

I did plAy the practice that's true

#119 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:59 PM

Wow...Panoramic even did it? The layout of the menu is a little confusing, but I'm surprised to see a returning player make that goof.

I'll have to get on the game and kick you all out. Then you'll have to be invited and rejoin. I can't promise when I'll be able to get to that though.

I really can't stress enough though...reading is important, guys. I don't want to make anybody feel bad, but let's try to remember, every time somebody screws something up, it creates extra work for me.

EDIT - Just looked, and it seems you were mistaken about the Jags, Matt. It was Seattle and Oakland. Panoramic still has a pending invite.

#120 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 13 September 2015 - 01:06 AM

Ok, the two players who missed the memo have been booted and re-invited.

I'm not sure how "living" the game is this year, but I'm seeing CPU teams that made moves between when I looked at the transactions last night and when I just looked at them now (the Chargers signed a couple guys). I'm not sure if the coach firing/hiring is triggering that or what, but as long as no human teams are signing anybody, it should be fine.

Just remember to trim your roster to 53 players. I'd like to advance to the regular season tomorrow night if possible.