Madden 16 Official CAG League - Spots Open! League Progressing! Draft! Panoramic15 Now Commissioner!

All right, with Sprice added (welcome back to both you and Mog), we're up to 13 members.

n8rockerasu | n8rocker82 | CT | (all starting times) Su-Th: 6PM CT - 8PM CT, 11PM CT - 1AM CT, F-Sa: 6PM CT - 1AM CT

Matt Young | The Matt Young | PT | ?

Heidenreich | Jcariello | ET | ?

siradam134 | feroci0us1 | ET | ?

soliddragon | soliddragon | ET | Weeknights after 9:30PM ET

LVPatriots | MurdaModeLV | ET | ?

MrExtreme08 | MrExtreme08 | ET | ?

TheOmen242 | TheOmen24 | ET | After 10PM ET

Mog3526 | Mog3526 | ET | ?

Tanabeo | Tanabeo | CT | M-F: After 10:30PM CT (possibly earlier by appt), Sa-Su: very flexible

Panoramic15 | RevCottonMarcus | ET | flexible

Energy Penguin | hi FUNKsionING | ET | After 9PM ET

sprice8688 | sprice20 | ET | ?

I do need a season count for Mog and Sprice though so I can figure out the lottery entries.

If you're unsure how many seasons were done for each year, you can reference the "Past Champions" section at the bottom of the first post of the thread.

Yay! I finally made a decision on my team list. I sent it to siradam, so now I can finally start getting the draft lottery pieced together without worrying about everybody elses top 5's subconsciously affecting mine. That's another reason I was being slow. Couldn't make up my own damn mind, haha. Such are the perils of being a fan of the worst team in the game. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just took a good look over things tonight, and for those who haven't really glanced at the NFL schedule, they're about a week later than they were last year. Last year, Week 1 was on 9/7. This year, it's not until 9/13. As you can imagine, that's going to slow down 53 man rosters, which is going to slow down when we can get started.

Looking at last year's thread, it looks like the 53 man roster came out on 9/5. so I'd guess we can expect it around 9/11 this year.

Unless anybody sees a reason to move things any quicker, how about we say everybody's team list (and total seasons played count) is due by 9/5...and I'll try to have the lottery results posted by 9/7. That will let everybody know who their team is and give them a few days to practice with that team before we officially start up.

Any objections? Sorry for things being slower this year. I know everyone is anxious to get started. Blame the NFL! :lol:

Thanks.... I'm available evenings sometimes earlier pretty flexible... Me and not played 12 seasons estimated between 2010 and 2014

Quite a few big moves In the NFL today. Those opening day rosters could look very different. The most recent one didn't even have Vick on the Steelers...AND it still had Tebow on the Eagles (zing!)

Also, I finally played my first online ranked game last night. It was pretty damn laggy , though it was late (around 1am ct), so I'm hoping I just played somebody in Zimbabwe or something. Naturally, he was "typical Madden"...running hurry up after any positive play and going for every 4th down. I won 30-0. :lol:

The CPU has been giving me some trouble (do they seem smarter this year...even on all-pro), but it was nice to see I can still handle a human dumbass just fine, haha.

Some of these aggressive deep ball catches are ridiculous. I swore I saw a blind one handed catch with his elbow bent 90 degrees while his body did a full 360 rotation.

Some of these aggressive deep ball catches are ridiculous. I swore I saw a blind one handed catch with his elbow bent 90 degrees while his body did a full 360 rotation.
They are...but I've seen defenders make some pretty insane plays too. So...for EA...ridiculous + ridiculous = balanced? lol.

The biggest thing that grinds my gears is penalties that I had nothing to do with. 30 yard rushing TD...called back because my lineman on the opposite side of the play was holding. Yes, EA. I understand. It's "realistic'. Offensive lineman are mostly fat tards who don't understand the rules. I agree. But it's horrible for a video game.

Facemasks I can at least tolerate, because they usually result from weird tackling angles, and they're not as frequent. But I feel like holding happens too much. And don't even get me started on defensive holding. It's like it just pops up for no reason at all, haha.

Just played my second game online and again I'm getting lots of lag. I'm starting to get concerned. Has anybody played many online games? Have they been smooth?

Just for reference, this is my speedtest. Soooo...I don't think the issue is on my end, EA.

4626509684.png

EDIT - Ugh...game 3 and still all kinds of lag. I ended up just conceding the game before I completely wanted to throw up. Really hope this gets sorted out. Kind of a bummer.

Woohoo...I think I figured out my connection issues. Comcast "upgraded" my service the other day, but what they said they were going to do wasn't reflected in my account (shocking, haha).

After a 30 minute chat and completely cycling my modem and router (even unscrewing the damn coax cable from the wall for 10 minutes), things are running much better.

Just finished two lag free games. 2nd guy tried to get his Pittsburgh BJ from EA (Jesus Christ, could they be more overpowered?) but he cracked in the 4th, I picked him off in the end zone, and he rage quit. Ah, feels like Madden. :)

Sent my list to CAG Sports.

I am so rusty, going to try and finish gold all my skills training and do at least 1 online game before we play.

Skills trainer is always a nice refresher course. Plus that mode doles out 1/4 of the achievements in this year's game. You get 100 gamerscore for attaining gold in just 1 drill, and then 140 points for earning bronze or higher in every drill.

One adjustment that needs to be made before the team lottery...with Sprice joining, that gives us 5 previous Super Bowl winners. This means the list of teams that those previous winners only get one entry for also expands to include the 5th highest rated team...which is the Colts at 87 OVR.

IF any of n8rockerasu/LVPatriots/Tanabeo/Mog3526/Sprice8688 has the Colts (or Seahawks/Patriots/Packers/Broncos) anywhere on their lists, they will only get one entry for those teams.

So, if any of you need to change your lists because of this, just make sure you get the amended list to me by 9/5. Thanks!

Still haven't received team lists from Mog, Sprice, or soliddragon.

Also, welcome to our newest member, IzzyDigilino, who just recently joined CAG...so he can't post in the thread for something like 3-4 days or whatever the hell CAG dictates now (though, apparently, he can still like posts, haha). Anyway, I've got Izzy's team list, and whenever the site realizes he's not a spambot, he can join the conversation in here.

Team Lottery is Here!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CofjGAuxQ0[/youtube]

Just like last year, for people who hate fun videos, here's the list. Admittedly, the video would have been a lot more exciting if we had a full league, but I did what I could to build the suspense. And the second half of the video is definitely more exciting than the first half. Just the way the teams broke down this year, I guess.

Browns - MrExtreme08

Cowboys - TheOmen242

Dolphins - siradam134

Eagles - Energy Penguin

Jaguars - Panoramic15

Packers - Matt Young

Patriots - LVPatriots

Raiders - Izzy Digilino

Ravens - Mog3526

Steelers - Heidenreich

Texans - Tanabeo

Titans - sprice8688

Vikings - n8rockerasu

Hey fellas...... I'm baaaaack (sorta)

Basically I'm getting the Madden X1 bundle in the next week or two and I figured I should get myself back in the CAG league, now that I'm done with college and have a predictable schedule.

Plus, I've missed you guys. And taking last year off from Madden has definitely recharged my interest in the game.

Anyway, Nate, if you want me to do a top 5 list or a random team or whatever, let me know.

Gamertag: KasterDB

Timezone: Eastern

Availability: Weekdays after 7 or 9, depending on the week. Weekends: probably whenever

Favorite team: Denver Broncos

anything else I should put in there? I think that just about covers it.

Awesome video man!
Thanks. At first, I wasn't going to do one this year. Then I just had a bunch of ideas, and thought "oh...what the hell", lol.

A lot of surprises in my opinion.
Yeah, that's kind of why I ended up just leaving the teams alphabetical. There were a lot of surprises down the stretch. sprice actually had the Vikings and Titans as his top two teams...so I had to do the weighted lottery thing on draftlottery.com to decide it.

I had 15 entries and he had 12. I was nervous as hell clicking "draw", but luckily it went my way (and I have video proof of the entire process in case anyone doesn't have faith in my integrity, haha).

Hey fellas...... I'm baaaaack (sorta)

Basically I'm getting the Madden X1 bundle in the next week or two and I figured I should get myself back in the CAG league, now that I'm done with college and have a predictable schedule.

Plus, I've missed you guys. And taking last year off from Madden has definitely recharged my interest in the game.

Anyway, Nate, if you want me to do a top 5 list or a random team or whatever, let me know.

Gamertag: KasterDB

Timezone: Eastern

Availability: Weekdays after 7 or 9, depending on the week. Weekends: probably whenever

Favorite team: Denver Broncos

anything else I should put in there? I think that just about covers it.
Ohhhhh sure. Join the league right after I post the video and RUIN EVERYTHING. lol...j/k ;) Yeah, that's fine. You can take Denver (assuming you want them). You're a returning member, who isn't a previous Super Bowl winner, and the team was unclaimed anyway. I think not letting you take them would be more unfair than letting you take them.

So, welcome back! And the Broncos are all yours if you want them.

Man... once nobody picked the Lions, I thought for sure I'd be the only person playing with an NFC North team.
It's all for you, baby. Haha, I really needed a change of scenery this year. The Titans are a mess...and they've been a mess that I've had to fix for several years now. The Vikings aren't great, but I feel like they have lots of potential. For a team that's only rated a 77 OVR, they have 19 players rated 80 or higher (which is the same amount as some of the top teams).

I also don't love how my passing game has been going, so I really wanted a team with a good running game. The Vikings o-line is a bit suspect, but they've got two GREAT running backs. Sometimes, I find myself using Jerick McKinnon more than AP even.

And yeah, then there was the thought that as many leagues as we've been in together, we don't get to play each other that often (as we've both mentioned before). So, now we can play each other at least twice every season. So, yeah, the rest of the league can enjoy our lovefest this year, haha. :)

Thanks. At first, I wasn't going to do one this year. Then I just had a bunch of ideas, and thought "oh...what the hell", lol.

Yeah, that's kind of why I ended up just leaving the teams alphabetical. There were a lot of surprises down the stretch. sprice actually had the Vikings and Titans as his top two teams...so I had to do the weighted lottery thing on draftlottery.com to decide it.

I had 15 entries and he had 12. I was nervous as hell clicking "draw", but luckily it went my way (and I have video proof of the entire process in case anyone doesn't have faith in my integrity, haha).

Ohhhhh sure. Join the league right after I post the video and RUIN EVERYTHING. lol...j/k ;) Yeah, that's fine. You can take Denver (assuming you want them). You're a returning member, who isn't a previous Super Bowl winner, and the team was unclaimed anyway. I think not letting you take them would be more unfair than letting you take them.

So, welcome back! And the Broncos are all yours if you want them.

It's all for you, baby. Haha, I really needed a change of scenery this year. The Titans are a mess...and they've been a mess that I've had to fix for several years now. The Vikings aren't great, but I feel like they have lots of potential. For a team that's only rated a 77 OVR, they have 19 players rated 80 or higher (which is the same amount as some of the top teams).

I also don't love how my passing game has been going, so I really wanted a team with a good running game. The Vikings o-line is a bit suspect, but they've got two GREAT running backs. Sometimes, I find myself using Jerick McKinnon more than AP even.

And yeah, then there was the thought that as many leagues as we've been in together, we don't get to play each other that often (as we've both mentioned before). So, now we can play each other at least twice every season. So, yeah, the rest of the league can enjoy our lovefest this year, haha. :)
Yep, that's what I'm here for, making things as difficult as possible for you, lol. I'd be more than happy to take the Broncos, but if someone comes in and has the game in hand before I do and wants them, I understand. But yeah, good to be back!

Well guess I better actually use the Cowboys in a few matches or games soon before we start. I wanted to pick teams I have no attachment too and did not even know they lost Murray, but McFadden and Dez should be nice to work with.

Are we currently waiting for the final week 1 53 man roster update before the league begins?

Yep, that's what I'm here for, making things as difficult as possible for you, lol. I'd be more than happy to take the Broncos, but if someone comes in and has the game in hand before I do and wants them, I understand. But yeah, good to be back!
Haha, well, at least you're in mid-season form already. I guess everybody else needs to step it up. No, wait...no. Bad!

Well guess I better actually use the Cowboys in a few matches or games soon before we start. I wanted to pick teams I have no attachment too and did not even know they lost Murray, but McFadden and Dez should be nice to work with.
Yeah, that would probably be a good idea, haha. When I was trying to decide on a team, I started testing teams against the CPU, then when I thought I had it figured out, I ventured into online ranked to really put them under fire. Since you already picked your team...you might want to familiarize yourself with their strengths and weaknesses. At least you can change your playbook to another team's if you're not comfortable with Dallas' though.

I want to play in the league
Ok, cool. Post your info in the following format:

CAG Name | XBL Gamertag | Time Zone | General Availability

And also, what team do you want?

Finally can post on the board what's going on folks ready for a good season this year
*reported for spam*

Haha, just kidding. Glad you're able to post now! Welcome to the league, officially. :)

Cag name - dgillz11
gamertage - d gillz
time zone - eastern
availabilty - nights between 8p and 11p
team - seahawks

Sooo...this just happened in online ranked.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elfq3IMb5-s[/youtube]

The guy tried to draw me offside, and he did...but I guess he must have snapped the ball right afterward, because somehow, I wasn't offside...and my DT just tackled the crap out of his center before he could snap the ball, resulting in a two yard loss.

I was dying laughing when it happened. I love the way Foles is just standing there waiting to receive the ball like "What in the actual fuck, EA?" :lol:

EDIT: Nevermind...not sure I'll have the game on time.

EDIT 2:

Got it! I'd love to join if that's cool. I'd be happy to take the Bears.

AKAthatoneguy | AKAthatoneguy | CST | Flexible except for weekday mornings. I don't usually play past 10pm Sun-Thurs as I work pretty early.

so..the current roster released is garbage. (they say they just updated it today...) Miami released Brandon Fields (P) and Caleb Sturgis (K)....Both are still on the team.... Also doesn't even have our 2nd round pick, Jordan Philips on the roster. Just..wtf. lol. 

And My next question for anyone here...has anyone been able to load a custom roster (like one of the downloaded updated ones from the community files) and successfully import that into offline or cloud base franchise? Last year the offline gave you the option to "use custom roster" 

I can't seem to make it work this year, and it's driving me nuts. 

EDIT: Nevermind...not sure I'll have the game on time.

EDIT 2:

Got it! I'd love to join if that's cool. I'd be happy to take the Bears.

AKAthatoneguy | AKAthatoneguy | CST | Flexible except for weekday mornings. I don't usually play past 10pm Sun-Thurs as I work pretty early.
Hey, yeah, we'd be happy to have you, man. And you're welcome to take the Bears. Thanks for posting your info! I'll get you added to the member list.

so..the current roster released is garbage. (they say they just updated it today...) Miami released Brandon Fields (P) and Caleb Sturgis (K)....Both are still on the team.... Also doesn't even have our 2nd round pick, Jordan Philips on the roster. Just..wtf. lol.
Weird, I didn't notice a roster update, but I did see the notification for the player likeness thing. I got a roster update notification like a day or two ago though, but that one looked exactly the same to me. Even if it's current, there are still a crap ton of moves going on, and some teams are a complete mess.

For example, when the real life Titans cut to their 53 man roster, they only kept 4 WR (cutting Hakeem Nicks and Jacoby Ford), but they currently have 7 TEs on the roster. I don't even know what the hell that is...but I would imagine something is going to change before Sunday rolls around.

And My next question for anyone here...has anyone been able to load a custom roster (like one of the downloaded updated ones from the community files) and successfully import that into offline or cloud base franchise? Last year the offline gave you the option to "use custom roster"

Sorry, can't help here. I don't do anything with custom rosters. Although, I do remember it being a pain in the ass to get franchise to load properly with the updated rosters. It was something like you had to go to the actual download section and make sure you were saving it properly rather than just downloading and loading it. There was some weird distinction between the two that the game gave zero hints about.

You have to download the roster then load it in the settings then when you pick start cloud franchise choose active rosters

soliddragon has rejoined us and will be taking the Colts, which means we have our first full division. The AFC South is going to be wild this year. I find it really odd that that's the division that filled up first, considering it's one of the worst in the league...and two of the members that were in it last season (DarkTower80 - Colts, n8rockerasu - Titans) are no longer in it. And the lone holdover won two of last year's three Super Bowls. Weird.

bread's done
Back