Madden 16 Official CAG League - Spots Open! League Progressing! Draft! Panoramic15 Now Commissioner!

Ah, just finished an online ranked game and beat a guy who used the Seahawks and basically only threw to Jimmy Graham all game. Wilson had 12 completions, 10 of them to Graham. I am so totally shocked that my LOLB Anthony Barr (who actually is an 85 OVR) couldn't keep up with Graham with his 55 MCV and 68 ZCV. I wonder if this is why I've wanted defensive assignments back in the game for the past 4 years, lol. So stupid.

Played my game today, be careful when recording something then going into upload to edit and share. I was in the 3rd qtr of my game earlier and it froze, had to restart but I finished it today so Cowboys ready to advance.

The Giants stuffed my run game so hard.

Played my game today, be careful when recording something then going into upload to edit and share. I was in the 3rd qtr of my game earlier and it froze, had to restart but I finished it today so Cowboys ready to advance.

The Giants stuffed my run game so hard.
Yeah, I feel like the XB1 is a very freeze happy console in general (though I've heard PS4 is too). I'm really really hoping the New Xbox Experience and the redesign of the UI can help with that.

I also can't stand how slow it is. Every time I pull up friends or messages and it has to show me the giant logo in the middle of my screen, I just want to punch something, lol. It bothers me so much that getting to my messages takes longer than it did on 360.

Steelers lose a heart breaker 21 to 17. Made it until the final minute before I finally threw a madden pick. No way a d lineman jumps a route like that. GG Pats. I'm glad I didn't get worked.

That's my MLB Jamie Collins! I'd like to think he could! Great Game. I really messed up going into half, you made it very tough to dig out of that.

Andy Dalton had a good week. Wow, Vikings run game, that's scary. Breaking big runs is something I just cannot do.

Reading defenses and audible carve up my match ups is what I rely on until I get running better.

Is there any way either the Packers or Bears player can stream the match? I think that would be a fun kind of idea on some of the player vrs player match ups during the season.

I am down to stream my games anytime. And definitely in the playoffs.

Not sure on my end. I've had difficulties streaming via Xbox One before. Still waiting on a reply from the Bears owner regarding a time. Hoping he can play today since tomorrow would be more difficult.

Madden is way different than when I last played it two years ago. I feel like I don't read the field anywhere near as well as I used to, and I'm finding picking off the CPU is way more difficult than used to be too (except my game where I was fortunate enough to play Dan Orlovsky).

I'm sure it's a combination of skill atrophy and minor game adjustments but man it's frustrating to struggle in every CPU game so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Madden is way different than when I last played it two years ago. I feel like I don't read the field anywhere near as well as I used to, and I'm finding picking off the CPU is way more difficult than used to be too (except my game where I was fortunate enough to play Dan Orlovsky).

I'm sure it's a combination of skill atrophy and minor game adjustments but man it's frustrating to struggle in every CPU game so far.
I've always felt that Madden is a game that is unforgiving if you stop playing it for too long. Not everything works the same every year (zone defense, run blocking, etc) and sometimes what the players can do even changes (hard cuts, jumping routes). It might take some time, but you'll pick it up and then your old skills will translate better.

Broncos fall to the Ravens 31-24. Sloppy as hell, both teams with several, I had 5 I think. GG mog, I went into that really not expecting to be competitive and I couldn't believe it when I tied it up after being down 24-7. Then a Joe Flacco deep ball ruined everything (again).

Sooooo....this just happened in my online ranked game.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSCYmDe7F1Q[/youtube]

The guy was so pissed off because I had just scored the go ahead TD with like 0:24 left. Notice the time on the clock. :lol:

Awesome...went to put the Bears guy on autopilot (he's been MIA since Wednesday and hasn't responded to any messages) and after hitting "confirm", the game froze. So glad this still can't be handled from the website. If only EA could think of features people wanted 4 years ago.

If you don't hear from him by the time you go to bed tonight, let me know and I'll put him on auto.
Yeah, sorry about that, guys. I won't be able to play as my work schedule has changed pretty dramatically. I apologize for not getting back to you guys sooner. Hope everyone has a good season.

If you need me to manually quit out of the league, let me know and I'll get on later tonight and do so.

Yeah, sorry about that, guys. I won't be able to play as my work schedule has changed pretty dramatically. I apologize for not getting back to you guys sooner. Hope everyone has a good season.

If you need me to manually quit out of the league, let me know and I'll get on later tonight and do so.
No, that's ok. I can do it later. Thanks for letting us know.

What happened in the league? I played my first game days ago and now I have to play the same game over again.
Ok...I really hope this isn't drawing my attention to a bigger problem...

Your game, MrExtreme08, is showing up as played. Not sure if you're just not seeing it that way or not. But it shows you as losing 13-10 to the Jets.

However, other games, that people have said they played are showing up as unplayed (at least for me). The Patriots v Steelers game is showing unplayed and started 0 times (though Heidenreich posted above that he lost 21-17).

Also, the Cowboys game vs the CPU Giants, which TheOmen242 said he had to play a second time because it froze the first time is showing as unplayed and started 0 times...

I have no idea if this is accurate or not, but it's time to advance...so, I'm just going to do it and see what happens. Fingers crossed.

Saved a couple screenshots as evidence.

[attachment=17135:week1games_1.jpg][attachment=17136:week1games_2.jpg]

EDIT - Yikes, looking at those screenshots, I see two more I know were played that weren't recorded either. Dolphins vs CPU Redskins and Ravens vs Broncos. That's pretty freaking terrible that in a league with this few people, that many games didn't count. What the fuck, EA?

Ok, we have advanced to Week 2. And yup...guess what. Those games were not recorded. The Pats vs Steelers game at least has a similar score. But the Cowboys vs Giants game ended up going the other way. Additionally, I can't speak for any injuries that may have been wiped out or did occur.

As I usually say...EA Sports. Though, considering the video I just saw Kaster post in his activity feed, this may be the least of our worries, lol.

Regardless...charging ahead, the Week 2 deadline is 9/22 at 11:59 PM ET.

God speed, gentlemen!

I was worried Packers/Bears wouldn't count. When I clicked on "exit/finish game", I got a permanent loading screen and had to restart the system.

Hey N8, if for some stupid reason this happens again could you please turn the injuries off before advancing?

Dont'a Hightower is dead

So..i played my game Thursday night..... And won.

And now it shows a loss? (yes, i read your post n8...) What gives EA...what gives. This blows. lol. 

I'll probably be dropping from the league until they patch the issues. MADDEN 16 is super buggy. Go ahead and computer the Cowboya, consider me dropped. I will not be playing the game until it's fixed.

Hey N8, if for some stupid reason this happens again could you please turn the injuries off before advancing?

Dont'a Hightower is dead
I can. But that might impact the consistency of when I can advance us since that would remove my ability to advance from the website. On top of that "if this happens again", I think people are going to start getting pretty upset. I realize you had a big injury...but at least the outcome of your game stayed the same. Could you imagine if you had a win taken away? See below:

So..i played my game Thursday night..... And won.

And now it shows a loss? (yes, i read your post n8...) What gives EA...what gives. This blows. lol.
Yeah, that's terrible. Upon researching the issue, this is the only thing I've found that hints at what to do (other than the obvious: "wait for a patch")

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/08/25/common-madden-16-problems-fixes/

What's really freaking annoying is when you create a franchise, Madden basically begs you to keep your save on "the cloud". It says "recommended" next to it, and then also informs you that it makes advancing the league quicker. What freaking commissioner is going to stare that in the face and say "no thanks"? Unfortunately, it doesn't inform me that doing your league that way will make it broken as shit.

I'll probably be dropping from the league until they patch the issues. MADDEN 16 is super buggy. Go ahead and computer the Cowboya, consider me dropped. I will not be playing the game until it's fixed.
I understand the sentiment...but you didn't lose anything from this, lol. You won your game and you didn't have any injuries. Sometimes I question if people look for excuses to drop. This is a big issue, but we always deal with big issues. The game is basically never programmed well. And the league moves on anyway. I rag on it because in general, EA is incompetent. but it's still the only football we have.

We just have to hash it out and decide what we want to do. Unless you just hate football and don't want to play it ever again, quitting seems a bit overdramatic.

Yea, I'm not worried about it. Just one player. I have a lot of user match ups this year so I'm looking forward to a great season!

I understand the sentiment...but you didn't lose anything from this, lol. You won your game and you didn't have any injuries. Sometimes I question if people look for excuses to drop. This is a big issue, but we always deal with big issues. The game is basically never programmed well. And the league moves on anyway. I rag on it because in general, EA is incompetent. but it's still the only football we have.

We just have to hash it out and decide what we want to do. Unless you just hate football and don't want to play it ever again, quitting seems a bit overdramatic.
It's not about wins or loses. I just want it fair for everyone. I know I did not lose a win, heck Tony Tomo passed for more yards and tds than I did, as did my RB ran for more yards. People losing starters and legit games is just shitty.

I can play my 1 or 2 games a week if we want to continue playing a buggy game, but my statement was broad.

Why play a buggy game when I have so many other backlog good games that won't reset or lose stats.

Glad to see I'm not the only one surprised by these games not saving I definitely lost my game to the Bengals and hit ready to advance but it didn't save any of it o well the league moves on haven't had a chance to see the results of my game now but I'm ready for week 2 try it again

As I usually say...EA Sports. Though, considering the video I just saw Kaster post in his activity feed, this may be the least of our worries, lol.
In case anyone was wondering, here you go.

A few things here:

At some point in the second half, Madden made me hurry up any time the clock was moving. I even stopped pressing A between plays, and they were still hurrying up. It was super frustrating.

Note the following players here. We have Vick Ballard, Colts backup halfback, taking the snap as Broncos QB. When Ballard touches the ball on the hurry up (again, that I was forced to do), it still says Manning. We also have number 90 for Indy at left guard attempting to block Frank Gore.

The result of this play was Vick Ballard took a sack as Broncos QB at the hands of Coby Fleener, Colts tight end. And yet the stat under the scoreline says that J. Newsome got the sack.

All in all, super weird, super confusing, and most importantly, just dumb as shit.

Ok, we have advanced to Week 2. And yup...guess what. Those games were not recorded. The Pats vs Steelers game at least has a similar score. But the Cowboys vs Giants game ended up going the other way. Additionally, I can't speak for any injuries that may have been wiped out or did occur.

Regardless...charging ahead, the Week 2 deadline is 9/22 at 11:59 PM ET.

God speed, gentlemen!
In case anyone was wondering, here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6pMkrCEpBA

A few things here:

At some point in the second half, Madden made me hurry up any time the clock was moving. I even stopped pressing A between plays, and they were still hurrying up. It was super frustrating.

Note the following players here. We have Vick Ballard, Colts backup halfback, taking the snap as Broncos QB. When Ballard touches the ball on the hurry up (again, that I was forced to do), it still says Manning. We also have number 90 for Indy at left guard attempting to block Frank Gore.

The result of this play was Vick Ballard took a sack as Broncos QB at the hands of Coby Fleener, Colts tight end. And yet the stat under the scoreline says that J. Newsome got the sack.

All in all, super weird, super confusing, and most importantly, just dumb as shit.

That reminds me- in the game vs. the Bears, I had a play like the one Nate shared a video of. I appeared to jump the snap and expected a penalty, but I was awarded a sack when my DT rolled over the center.

It's not about wins or loses. I just want it fair for everyone. I know I did not lose a win, heck Tony Tomo passed for more yards and tds than I did, as did my RB ran for more yards. People losing starters and legit games is just shitty.

I can play my 1 or 2 games a week if we want to continue playing a buggy game, but my statement was broad.

Why play a buggy game when I have so many other backlog good games that won't reset or lose stats.
I hate wasting my time btw, I played 2 games. First one froze and 2nd one got wiped, you can sense my annoyance.
I totally hear you, man. And fundamentally, I agree with absolutely everything you said. I've honestly said very similar things over the years. Truth be told, we all deserve a better game than the continuous shit that EA pedals off year after year.

But I've also learned to become a realist. EA makes this game. EA is the only one making a football game. And every year, EA put out a game that is littered with bugs and glitches. Last year, we couldn't use certain camera angles or the kicking arc graphic, or it would cause a desync and the game would disconnect. And In Madden 25, the game would sometimes lock up when you finished your franchise game.

These things happen year in and year out, so I guess at this point I'm numb to it. I really don't expect EA to make a not buggy game anymore. If you bought the game expecting that, then yikes...yeah, they kind of tricked you, lol.

But each of these past years...in spite of all the problems, we continue on and make the best of it. Why? Because we're all football fans, and this is the only game in town. It's obvious EA is aware of that too. But we do what we can to make the game better for ourselves.

Glad to see I'm not the only one surprised by these games not saving I definitely lost my game to the Bengals and hit ready to advance but it didn't save any of it o well the league moves on haven't had a chance to see the results of my game now but I'm ready for week 2 try it again
Yeah, based on that link I posted, the theory is that if you restart your franchise and don't use the cloud save feature, it will avoid this issue. The additional bonus we would receive from that is I could make sure to leave injuries off and none of us would lose players. Since we're so early...and this is a league we'll be playing in for the next 10 months, I'm kind of leaning this direction.

How would everybody feel about that? Obviously...we'd move as quickly as possible to get us back to where we are. And I would probably just leave injuries off from the get go, until we're settled in and sure that nothing is screwed up and that games are counting. I'd rather no injuries than ridiculous crap that we have no control over.

It doesn't matter to me if everyone wants to restart that's fine with me. I won my first game 17-14 @ last second then, lost 13-10 in overtime man I'm really BAD. I'm not used to using the Browns.

I totally hear you, man. And fundamentally, I agree with absolutely everything you said. I've honestly said very similar things over the years. Truth be told, we all deserve a better game than the continuous shit that EA pedals off year after year.

But I've also learned to become a realist. EA makes this game. EA is the only one making a football game. And every year, EA put out a game that is littered with bugs and glitches. Last year, we couldn't use certain camera angles or the kicking arc graphic, or it would cause a desync and the game would disconnect. And In Madden 25, the game would sometimes lock up when you finished your franchise game.

These things happen year in and year out, so I guess at this point I'm numb to it. I really don't expect EA to make a not buggy game anymore. If you bought the game expecting that, then yikes...yeah, they kind of tricked you, lol.

But each of these past years...in spite of all the problems, we continue on and make the best of it. Why? Because we're all football fans, and this is the only game in town. It's obvious EA is aware of that too. But we do what we can to make the game better for ourselves.
The last Madden I played for extended period before I quit altogether was madden 12 with Peyton hillis on cover, so yeh I did not know about all the bugs and such. I bought it because of a 4 year hiatus and believing things would be better.

Don't get me wrong the passing feels good and defense feels right, but man the glitches and little nuisances of the game really suck.

I am fine with continuing since nobody seems super bothered but for people that lost starters and had loses pop up for the I am 100% with restarting.

Well, that's how EA basically gets by...with all their sports series really. They get pretty good reviews, and people always say "Well, it PLAYS pretty well...and it looks pretty." But when you get under the hood, it's usually bubble gum, scotch tape, and a freaking mess.

Also, I just checked, and it seems for online franchises, the cloud is the only option (which makes sense...but that's not how they worded it last year). I could have sworn the options looked different when I first created the league though. I don't even see the explanation of advancement being faster with cloud saves now. I would think I was just misremembering, but I don't know where I would have come up with that from.

Sooo...yeah, we might be stuck with this league as is for now. I'll try to do my best to turn injuries off before advancing though, as a precautionary measure. Unless I'm missing something, that might be our only line of defense against EA trying to shit all over our good time, lol.

I'm good with starting it over I'm not going to lose interest either way. Just please give us a day or to make cuts.

Pushing through and continuing the season is also a good option though, injuries happen, it's the NFL.

I'm good with starting it over I'm not going to lose interest either way. Just please give us a day or to make cuts.

Pushing through and continuing the season is also a good option though, injuries happen, it's the NFL.
Yeah, I went ahead and took out that part. Based on what I saw in game, I don't really think starting over would better us in a big enough way to be worth the trouble. Sure, it would fix the injuries, but there's no other way to do saves for online franchises. So, until a patch comes out, we have no way of avoiding games possibly not counting.

The weird thing is, I'm having trouble finding many other reports of it online. I briefly looked around Operation Sports last night, but their damn threads move so fast and have so many pages of people feeling the need to share their stats and awards from their offline franchises, it was hard to find any real information.

This problem can't just be happening to us though. If anybody else can find any other info on it, please feel free to share.

I tweeted the problem to that RexDEAFootball guy (Madden's creative director). Looking at other things people have tweeted to him though...yeah...it's pretty ugly. EA is working on a patch because online franchise could essentially blow up at any time...

https://twitter.com/BurbCritic/status/644943772644691968

just in case the game freaks out again...

Fins Lose to Jags 31-24

Tannehill threw for 382 yards....and 4 interceptions. just..ugly. lol

gg rev!

Ooook...I don't even know what I just played in my game against the CPU Lions, lol. If you look at the statistics, you'd think I was mining XP. But I could never take my starters out because the CPU kept blowing itself. Matt Stafford's accuracy was ridiculous, and almost any time I'd stop them, I'd get called for a bullshit penalty or they'd break a "safe" tackle and fall forward for 5-6 yards. Their offense just wouldn't go away.

Now, the defense on the other hand...good God. They kept giving me the outside so Jerick McKinnon had a field day. But AP, however, could hardly get going because they were stacking the box like crazy and just destroying the inside of my line. Weird ass game.

bread's done
Back