Madden 16 Official CAG League - Spots Open! League Progressing! Draft! Panoramic15 Now Commissioner!

All right, injuries were turned off and we have advanced to Week 3. The only games I noticed showing as unplayed before advancing were Cowboys vs Eagles and Broncos vs Chiefs. There were also some communication problems with a couple of the other games. I know it's been bumpy thus far, but let's try to improve on that a bit, guys. We're all here to play football, so let's have fun and get these games done.

One other thing I noticed while looking at the schedule screen is that they commissioner can force wins this year. I wish I had known this sooner, since it only works for games that are unplayed (I think the idea is if somebody disconnects, you can award a win without making the person play the CPU).

What this means is if you play your game and then you see on the schedule that it didn't count, PLEASE let me know and I can at least force through the proper outcome. I feel like we're learning more about this game every day, haha. Maybe we'll get it running smoothly just yet.

Anyway, the deadline for Week 3 will be 9/26 at 11:59 PM ET.

Last edited by a moderator:
My bad, I was waiting till the last day and then completely forgot to play my game with FIFA coming out yesterday. I'll be sure to get them done going forward.

Me and the Eagles had something setup but I think he appears offline, I was waiting for him around 10pm 2 days ago.

Oh well, Tony romo is killing it with both my games simulated lol. I am going to try play my game against the falcons tonoght.

Well, we never really set a time. You said 9 or 10. I'm not going to sit there for an hour waiting on invite. You've got to message me.

Well, we never really set a time. You said 9 or 10. I'm not going to sit there for an hour waiting on invite. You've got to message me.
Set your gamertag to appear online. You are not catching the drift here. Even if you are on its not like anybody can see if you appear offline. Smh

Me and the Eagles had something setup but I think he appears offline, I was waiting for him around 10pm 2 days ago.

Oh well, Tony romo is killing it with both my games simulated lol. I am going to try play my game against the falcons tonoght.
Set your gamertag to appear online. You are not catching the drift here. Even if you are on its not like anybody can see if you appear offline. Smh
Times need to be scheduled. That's the expectation in here. And actually, in Madden, you can see if somebody is online even if they have their gamertag set to appear offline. You can either look in the Franchise menu where it shows the column of owners and who they play. Or you can go into settings and view "user teams". If somebody is on, they will have a green dot next to their name. Hopefully that will help in the future.

But yeah, if my opponent is even 20 minutes late, it messes with my whole night. This is an adult league, and people have obligations outside of sitting in front of an Xbox. Communicate, set a day/time, and show up. If somebody gives you a range, YOU pick a time in that range. Be proactive. Don't overcomplicate it by letting things be vague. Keep it simple. Get it done.

Yeah, also...anybody who sends me an XBL message right now, Microsoft revoked my chat privileges for two weeks because I called a guy who was trying to cheat an "indigent cunt", so I can't respond to any messages for now (he was being one though...and of course MS cares more about "inappropriate language" than...you know, stopping cheating), haha.

Case in point why CAG messaging is important though. :)

We have advanced to Week 4. Sorry for the late advance. I forgot to do it last night before I turned my Xbox off. And because of those damn injuries, I didn't want to risk doing it from the website.

But we are advanced now. We'll do a round of free agency this week. I'll get the groups together and post them later today (kind of between errands right now).

Other than that, the Week 4 deadline will be 9/30.

Ok, guys. Here are the groups for free agency. For anyone who hasn't done this before, each team is allowed to sign ONE free agent. You MUST post in the thread who you are signing before doing so in game. Posting your pick in here is what "claims" the free agent (even if you're not available to load up the game to sign him right away). 

You also do not have to follow the order listed in the groups. Once it is your group's turn to pick, anybody within that group may make their selection.

Most of our rosters SHOULD be at 53 players (though I think a couple people might have been overzealous and cut too many...so make sure to count your players again). If you have 53 players, you'll need to cut someone to pick up a free agent. So, structure your post in the following format:

Team: Your Team

Player Added: Full Name, Position

Player Dropped: Full Name, Position

We have 16 members, so we'll do 3 groups.

Group 1 (May choose one free agent starting now)

1. Tennessee Titans

2. Denver Broncos

3. Cleveland Browns

4. Miami Dolphins

5. Pittsburgh Steelers

Group 2 (May choose one free agent starting 9/29 @ 7AM ET)

6. Seattle Seahawks

7. Jacksonville Jaguars

8. Philadelphia Eagles

9. Indianapolis Colts

10. Baltimore Ravens

Group 3 (May choose one free agent starting 9/30 @ 7AM ET)

11. Green Bay Packers

12. Oakland Raiders

13. Houston Texans

14. Minnesota Vikings

15. New England Patriots

16. Dallas Cowboys

Of course that had to be the last post on the page, lol. So, yeah...already posting again for the new page and to make sure everyone sees it.

Here are the groups for free agency. For anyone who hasn't done this before, each team is allowed to sign ONE free agent. You MUST post in the thread who you are signing before doing so in game. Posting your pick in here is what "claims" the free agent (even if you're not available to load up the game to sign him right away). 

You also do not have to follow the order listed in the groups. Once it is your group's turn to pick, anybody within that group may make their selection.

Most of our rosters SHOULD be at 53 players (though I think a couple people might have been overzealous and cut too many...so make sure to count your players again). If you have 53 players, you'll need to cut someone to pick up a free agent. So, structure your post in the following format:

Team: Your Team

Player Added: Full Name, Position

Player Dropped: Full Name, Position

We have 16 members, so we'll do 3 groups.

Group 1 (May choose one free agent starting now)

1. Tennessee Titans

2. Denver Broncos - Samson Satele, C

3. Cleveland Browns - Jermichael Finley, TE

4. Miami Dolphins - Rashean Mathis, CB

5. Pittsburgh Steelers

Group 2 (May choose one free agent starting 9/29 @ 7AM ET)

6. Seattle Seahawks

7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Lance Briggs, ROLB

8. Philadelphia Eagles

9. Indianapolis Colts

10. Baltimore Ravens - Trent Richardson, RB

Group 3 (May choose one free agent starting 9/30 @ 7AM ET)

11. Green Bay Packers

12. Oakland Raiders

13. Houston Texans

14. Minnesota Vikings - Antone Smith, RB

15. New England Patriots - Chris Johnson, RB

16. Dallas Cowboys

Both times you posted the free agency order, it showed up on the same page for me (page 5).
I'm sure it's different on mobile...and you can adjust the number of posts per page anyway. But on PC...and left at the old school CAG default number of posts per page (30), it was the last post on page 8.

It's hard to have consistency with so many different formats, but I'm just going with that in an effort to keep everyone informed.

Team : Dolphins

Player Added: Rashean Mathis (CB)

Player Dropped: Neville Hewitt (ROLB)

This game is...maddening...(oh boy.. i didnt just do that..)

Was Leading 20-9 Over the Jets (my 2nd attempt).....and the game started getting wonky. Playing Prevent Defense in the 4th with 9 Seconds remaining, i started noticing players were missing. 

You'll notice the RG and my LE are Missing. I'm not sure if they're "really" on the field or not...as i couldn't manually switch to the LE.....

(see Attached picture)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/jt-Z3lfBnXVxwiFjSm8yynwza3lxQdEO8lscMydOsTTS-MWXDNQPNAjcOJ7pP5us51GKDLcfltDq4nMdMyuGBnGuwbrp6QOi29YdFgLNHA8isT6A4CxWsYZo-P9-aBq6pt3gnSJJ3gkz9zmF1aTMsAm_32ft-tZ-z581-fXE5we_B__BsqR-RlDZ0hZqsa46sPkSXAFRCjZE5VzeWO5X3V8OUkhLyhvAKU377yxuIKlJMJjMbmT233a-Wf4myoTZ7Fz_i_xHWeaR92DTSt2GhaXGygHVu3C3EQsN597N6ZBGLnB6vBwUBRl0cZRTaXXDOsSTKNC4NrFivI-x_ROT3Jef1jACPeUaSXSGyOWPxmX3jj1AcYpiUGKXSGZMz1kv6FsfQ1QvDf3rfpsCD0_ClC_ynfVmN_eBqLYlo1caYSyMaz25tSIp1iS9k3qLBCLVcNtClZAhN_4LaWUVM2-LXa_dRAnHb9weaPiNam_cu_DVpnGyDec9eKU9ca76w2KdqfYM-dFGvoKeBzARl4oWNbJOzGHYzPHH0jgigLwWhBE=w1920-h1080-no

Finished the game..Quit out to menu, and the game didn't count.

Bollocks, i tell you!

Oakland in Chicago this week and in what seems to be a recurring theme for this Madden had to play 3 times
Game1 27-13 Raiders
Game2 20-17 Raiders
Game3 28-10 Raiders
Hopefully this last one saves cause the way this Madden plays I know a 4th game would probably be a lost Smh lol

Good fucking God, Madden. All right, I might be CPU'ing any time I'm matched up with a top team this season. Denver doesn't need any fucking help game. Jesus fucking Christ, I don't think one bounce went my way. Amazing that Osweiler can't throw an INT though. What fucking power up was that?

Minnesota - 4 pass deflections, 0 INTs, 3 penalties - 20 yards (1 defensive holding, 1 offensive holding, and I don't remember the other one...but they were all things I had no control over)

Denver - 1 pass deflection, 3 INTs, 0 penalties - 0 yards

And Kaster hitstick'd my biggest weapon into the hospital. First human game of the season... Great...

I'm ready for a break already, lol. Why do I do this?

Sorry about that run at the end, Nate. Couldn't find the kneel down play. Gg though. I definitely appeased the madden gods, 2 or 3 major breaks on dropped picks. I was ready to lose it when Bridgewater broke that sack if you had gotten a big play afterward, though, lol.

Sorry about that run at the end, Nate. Couldn't find the kneel down play. Gg though. I definitely appeased the madden gods, 2 or 3 major breaks on dropped picks. I was ready to lose it when Bridgewater broke that sack if you had gotten a big play afterward, though, lol.
Yeah, that's the other thing, Bridgewater was fucking horrible. My last play of the game, and he throws it out of bounds by like 15 yards. Then the deep balls were all fucked up. I know the wind was blowing bad...but it didn't seem to be affecting those bullshit one handed catches (at least I finally caught one near the end). This game this year, man...I don't know. EA has this mastery of making things better and worse at the same time. So many people talk about this being the best Madden ever, but it has SO MANY issues. You'd think we're all just imagining shit.

Also, no offense, but if that wasn't defensive holding on the deep ball to Wallace at the end, I don't know what is. It still blows my mind that running into a player and preventing them from progressing in their route (ie. getting to the ball) 20 yards downfield is not recognized by this game. People in online ranked almost exclusively do that shit. I know you didn't do it intentionally that play. But if they're going to throw all those penalties at me, it would be nice if it was at least called evenly.

This fucking game just makes me unhealthy. I don't even want to know what my blood pressure is right now...

Team: New England Patriots
Player Added: RB Chris Johnson
Player Dropped: RB James White

We have advanced to Week 5. Free agency is now closed again. Sorry if you missed it. Shit happens, but the wheels keep moving.

The deadline for Week 5 will be 10/4.

I also wanted to check in with the Cowboys owner and see if he still plans on playing. I know he had issues with freezing/results not counting in the first couple games. But the last two weeks, there was miscommunication with the Eagles and now just not playing his last CPU game. And after all that, he sits at 4-0 and is ranked the #1 team in the league...

This is something that's worth addressing even beyond the Cowboys, because it comes up basically every year anyway. Usually, I'm not a huge stickler for CPU games...but since this year's game is such a mess...and I'm having to turn off injuries before advancing the league, people not playing games also means they're avoiding injuries.

So, anybody who loses interest because "CPU games are boring" and then comes back around playoff time is probably going to have a healthier team than the rest of us who are playing every game. I feel like the only ways to deal with that are booting people after they've missed a certain number of games...or by leaving injuries on when we advance. The latter option isn't really fair for games that get disconnected/don't count though.

Which leaves us with not cutting people much slack in missing games. Considering the league is only half full in our very first season, I hate the thought of losing anybody. But I don't want to see people who play their games miss a playoff spot because somebody else is letting the CPU handle everything either.

It sucks that we even have to address this, but it's the game we were given and we have to make the most of it.

So what'd the Cowboys owner say? I play him this wee.
Uh...well, that post was me checking in with him (though I PM'd him now too). So, 6 hours between posts, when most everybody is sleeping...no, I haven't heard from him yet, lol. :)

You're welcome to PM him and try to set up the game though. I can't imagine that hurting anything.

CPU the Cowboys I haven't touched madden in over 2 weeks. Tired of glitches and remember why I quit playing it first place.

Full disclosure here, because I like to keep up as best I can.  

Busy weekend for the wife and I, I hope to get my game in over the weekend sometime, but it's not my priority.  It is against the CPU, but if I don't play it's not because I'm trying to pull a fast one on anybody!  

after the Dolphins were leading 17-0...Sprice...remembered how to play like sprice. Almost like a cat toying with it's mouse. 

Dolphins lose 18-17.

What a noob, lol j/k. ;)

Thanks for fielding that one, LV. We added a new puppy to our household yesterday. So, I've been pretty busy, haha.

bread's done
Back