* * * * * 4 votes

Fallout 4 Pip-boy edition (Xbox One) Giveaway cags only

#31 gundamxzero   ITS A GUNDAM!!!!! CAGiversary!   523 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

gundamxzero

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:21 PM

So sorry to hear.  Wishing you the best. 

#32 DaKidRob   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   645 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:32 PM

sorry bout your loss man...

#33 raderj2112   MWMS Trading Ban   176 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

raderj2112

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:36 PM

Really sorry to hear that man, I can't even imagine how you might feel right now! However, thanks a ton for the giveaway, everybody seems really appreciative of it!

#34 Mirpkered   Dyslexic GAC CAGiversary!   1389 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2015 - 03:02 PM

Sorry to hear of your loss but from what you have done and what your doing it sound like you had a great mother and she raised a good generous man.

#35 CampfireGlory   Zombie Survivalist CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

CampfireGlory

Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:25 PM

I think when fallout 4 is released, modders should step up like I've seen in the past. Make her live on forever in Fallout. This is what I mean. 

I'm so sorry for your loss.

#36 Gram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   937 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:26 PM

My heart goes out to you. I came very close to the same thing happening to me a few years ago. You're doing your mom proud through your generosity. I appreciate the chance.

#37 MiTYH   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   212 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:35 PM

Wow. My deepest sympathies towards you and your family.

#38 nabors93  

nabors93

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:35 PM

Sorry for your loss. She sounded like an awesome lady.

#39 BuddyBuddha  

BuddyBuddha

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:39 PM

Your mother is a very cool lady. I'm sorry for your loss.

#40 crazyivan19   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   581 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

crazyivan19

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:58 PM

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Losing a parent is never easy, but especially when it happens so suddenly. 

#41 neudog   Airborne! CAGiversary!   7517 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:29 PM

Sorry for your loss. That being said this is an awesome story and I thank you for sharing it with us, as well as, doing this contest in her memory😃

#42 BxJoka814  

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:32 PM

I'm sorry for your loss.

#43 Racer1309   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   329 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:34 PM

Long story short: if you want to win a free copy of Fallout 4 pip-boy edition for xbox one, like Darby's post below, a winner will be drawn at random on eh lets say Oct. 20th at 9pm eastern.

Long story long: I joined CAG about 9 years ago when my mom found it for me. She helped support my passion for gaming throughout my childhood, despite the fact that we were super poor when I was growing up. Eventually she started sharing the hobby and got hooked on games like Elder Scrolls and Assassin's Creed, but her favorite was Fallout 3. She played through to the level cap like 17 different times, it was a full blown obsession. So now that I'm an adult with a good job, I wanted to support her hobby. I bought her an xbox one and had pre-ordered Fallout 4 and gave it to her over labor day weekend. Unfortunately out of nowhere on the 8th she had a stroke and after several complications she passed away this Monday. I don't want to return the game because it was a gift, and I don't want to play it myself because I would just be a blubbering mess the whole time. So after some thought, I figured it'd be good to do something nice to thank the CAG community in her honor. So I'm going to give it away. Darby is going to help me with the contest aspect because he is a cool dude. All you have to do is like darby's comment under this one, and if you want some bonus good karma let your mom's know you love them. 

Sorry about your mom, lost mine last year in July, while I was at work and didn't find out till the end of the day because of the no cellphone policy. I was unreachable cause no one had the new number for work. Anyhow, I feel for you and your loss. It'll get easier but certainly will never forget.

#44 spacegundam0079   Itchy, Tasty ... CAGiversary!   1486 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

spacegundam0079

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:09 PM

Very sorry to hear about your mother.

#45 Drew_   Gamer :) CAGiversary!   140 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:11 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss :(  She sounded like an awesome mom and overall person.  Keep your head up and try and stay postitive! :)

#46 GetMeOuttaHERE   Banned Banned   641 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

GetMeOuttaHERE

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:14 PM

My prayers are with you. Sorry for your loss. Having fun with family and gaming can produce some great memories just like anything else. One of my fondest memories was playing NES with my grandpa, his favorite were the airplane/helicopter military shooters.

#47 rickyff7   Easy-peasy! CAGiversary!   477 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:06 PM

That was really hard to read, Sorry for your loss.

#48 Pokechaos480   Banned Banned   3685 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Pokechaos480

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:03 AM

My condolences. I know how hard it can be losing a loved one so close to you.

#49 leylines   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1078 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:23 AM

Wow, sorry for your loss.

#50 Kuroko   Frugal Princess CAGiversary!   148 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:32 AM

What heartbreaking news, I am so sorry for loss.

#51 IIBlazer   The Webmaster CAGiversary!   404 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2015 - 04:27 AM

Man, I am so sorry for your loss. This is a great way to honor what sounds like a fantastic mother. Thank you for the opportunity to win this.

#52 junkie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2015 - 04:54 AM

Sorry for your loss, going to hug my mom now.

#53 NatiRedGals   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   203 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

NatiRedGals

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:48 PM

Your mom always be your guardian angel. Thanks for a shot in the end it's all for her and the game is just a game.

#54 Roopie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   213 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2015 - 03:53 PM

Sorry for your loss.

#55 DTWO   D2 CAGiversary!   12 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2015 - 07:34 PM

Your mom sounded so awesome!Sorry she passed man :( Me and my mom never got along to well when i was younger but now we do and i tell her i love her randomly so she knows. She did help me get into gaming since she owned an atari before i was born,then got me a nes and gameboy(thought it was the coolest thing back then and now i look at it and im like ew,so fat and plain) etc she was great.

Again sorry for your lose and thanks for the contest!Im sure shes proud of who you are and would want you to be happy.

#56 Coyotezeye  

Coyotezeye

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:16 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss. She sounds like she was a very cool mom.

#57 EvolutionaryMishap   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   84 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

EvolutionaryMishap

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:51 PM

Very sorry to hear about your mom passing. I lost my dad last year around this time. He always enjoyed watching me play the games He never was one to play he just was happier to watch me play and got enjoyment from it. . Even all the CoD and Battlefield games. He always said it reminded him of places he visited when he served in the military.  And of course I hug my mom daily now and tell her I love her.

#58 SpaceTako   Hi! CAGiversary!   616 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:59 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss, take care man

#59 wigglbot   clown boss CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2015 - 12:55 AM

I wish i could help ease your pain. It sounds like that your mom did a good job raising a kind & loving person. My mother was diagnosed with cancer a little over a year ago. I know i'm not to far away from your position. I call her on a daily basis to tell her I Iove you. No matter how much time we are blessed with our mothers it doesn't seem like enough. I hope her love will stay with you for rest of your life. My deepest condolences.

#60 DecayingBanana   More Games...please. CAGiversary!   342 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

DecayingBanana

Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:28 AM

I'm very sorry for your loss, bro. I have no idea what my life would be like without my mom, but sometimes I think about the "future" and am very grateful to have my mother with me rn. I hope in your future when you get past this current grief you'll be able to look back (playing Fallout 4) and have nothing, but good memories of your mother and this hobby she's left for you to enjoy.