* * * - - 6 votes

amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

amiibo

#7651 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1255 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:35 AM

Had some issues with my BB order as well (said it wasn't available/out of stock, then later it eventually did, but by then I had already gone to the store and just took them off the shelf, so just canceled the pick up), but in the end I managed to get all 3 of the new amiibo and finally got Cloud P2, so my smash collection is finally complete and up to date (until the next ones come out...)

#7652 dschroll  

Posted 16 February 2019 - 05:39 AM

All I'm missing is Corrin player 2.  Anyone know when that might be coming back out?

#7653 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1164 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:21 AM

Does anyone know why on Amazon jp I cant preorder solid snake amiibo even though its sold by Amazon

#7654 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1307 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:38 AM

Does anyone know why on Amazon jp I cant preorder solid snake amiibo even though its sold by Amazon

I've been having this problem with certain items on Amazon jp. I don't know the reason, but I was able to order other items, and they're arriving tomorrow.

#7655 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6937 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:31 PM

I don't often visit this thread, as I've gotten pretty much all the ones I ever wanted, except for one. So if this has been asked, or mentioned, my apologies. With BoxBoy now coming to the NS, is there any chance we might get the BB Amiibo here in the states? I always planned to import one, and I was actually willing to pay the $50-$60 I saw it for at the time. Of course I spaced it, and now there in the hundreds, which is a no go for me, so of course, getting a US release is probably my only option at this point.

#7656 irighti   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   274 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2019 - 04:01 PM

^ excellent question. I would like to think that with the new game that the US could see a boxboy amiibo release. that said it is a pretty niche title, and I am not sure how many people would have legit interest. do you know if it sold well in japan or was it just a low production run? I did the same as you and was looking on a few import sites earlier last year, but I forgot to keep track of it. the price seemed reasonable at the time for a rare import, then it went through the roof when I looked a couple of months ago. so fingers crossed on a release here. I have been checking other sites/boards since I saw the footage of the game from the last nintendo direct. I am really hoping for a 2 pack with a boxboy and boxgirl. 

I also need to jump on the monster hunter line as well. then my completionist ways will be current.  

#7657 MaximusDM   What is a man!? CAGiversary!   387 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2019 - 04:40 PM

I would have figured the amiibo would have been announced with the game. So I assumed we aren't getting it.

#7658 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6937 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 21 February 2019 - 05:17 PM

^ excellent question. I would like to think that with the new game that the US could see a boxboy amiibo release. that said it is a pretty niche title, and I am not sure how many people would have legit interest. do you know if it sold well in japan or was it just a low production run? 

From pretty early on when I first saw it, qty's didn't seem as high as some other imports, as this was only offered in Japan. Being a niche title, I'm sure these never made it to the high release line of figures.

I would have figured the amiibo would have been announced with the game. So I assumed we aren't getting it.

Yeah, I didn't think of that, but your probably right, as normally they mention new figures during the direct when first shown to go along with said games. I guess a reprint in Japan is possible, especially with the NS version coming there as well. So I'll just have to keep an eye out for that to happen, and hope it's not sold out in hours if it does.

#7659 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2310 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:03 PM

Yeah, I didn't think of that, but your probably right, as normally they mention new figures during the direct when first shown to go along with said games. I guess a reprint in Japan is possible, especially with the NS version coming there as well. So I'll just have to keep an eye out for that to happen, and hope it's not sold out in hours if it does.

One of the amiibo's I really want as I love BoxBoy!, but I can't justify the import price as a CAG.

#7660 Super Sonic   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   688 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Super Sonic

Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:48 PM

I for one would like a Crono / Magus 2 pack, but I know that's never happening. :P

#7661 Gameboy415   16-bits of awesome CAGiversary!   3419 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:59 PM

If anyone still needs one, the Loot Goblin amiibo is back up on Gamestop's site but it's a pre-order that "Ships by 5/31":

https://www.gamestop...-by-5-31/167755

#7662 Kirin Lemon   世界を革命する者 CAGiversary!   5081 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Kirin Lemon

Posted 21 February 2019 - 08:48 PM

I for one would like a Crono / Magus 2 pack, but I know that's never happening. :P

Just attach a base to this and you're good to go!

1_199e0193e366415246e3dbe0fae0db48.jpg

#7663 Jurai  

Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:03 PM

If anyone still needs one, the Loot Goblin amiibo is back up on Gamestop's site but it's a pre-order that "Ships by 5/31":

https://www.gamestop...-by-5-31/167755

saw one of the convention companies at pax with a metric ton of the loot goblins, guess they got fire saled off after blizzcon or wheenever they were bein sold

#7664 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1255 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:20 AM

I'd love the BoxBoy amiibo to come here, maybe if the Switch game sells well...

#7665 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2102 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:05 AM

I've seen some saying their delayed bb amiibo are now shipping. I'm not sure what's going with them still. I received a king and piranha in this week, but I still have a delayed shipping on two in my purchases . *shrugs*