amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Man came across the Blue Yoshi amiibo... was torn if its rare and I should grab to collect it.. or pass on it till later. Whats the real scoop on this?

I'm still baffled how Nintendo went from 4 per store to 40+ with re-stocks everywhere. The brilliance of Nintendo's marketing at the beginning has been outshone by their disastrous moves now. I've never been into Skylanders, but can someone tell me if there has ever been an over-abundance of Skylanders (or Disney Infinity) figures like there are of Amiibo right now? If Nintendo was going to saturate the market, they should have at least waited until Black Friday when people would be out shopping and casuals would have snapped some up because they heard that they're "hard to get". Now I fear that there will be so many peg warmers, Nintendo will stop doing any semi-obscure characters.

You guys better be prepared for those AmiAmi pre-orders tonight. I feel tired as all hell, so I know they are gonna pop up right after I crash

Finally, got some pictures in regards, to the aesthetic differences between, the OG and reprint Shulk & Little Mac.

[attachment=17861:Bruisers.PNG]                       [attachment=17862:shulkz.PNG]

[attachment=17863:OG LM.PNG]                         [attachment=17864:REprint LM.PNG]

First Print Little Mac                                              Reprint LM

[attachment=17865:OG shulk.PNG]                      [attachment=17866:reprint shul.PNG]

First Print Shulk                                                    Reprint Shulk

I noticed that the 1st print Shulk has longer hair and the Monado's blue glow is brighter, than the 2nd print and reprint Little Mac has a line going through his arm, while the 1st print doesn't have the line on his arm. This is what I noticed hopefully, I'm not tripping, lol! Do you guys see any other differences?

Anyone receive their Walmart tan Yoshi yet?
My local walmart don't have tag for Blue & pink yoshi amiibos. End up got both for $12.96 each after manual price adjustment. Now i have 2 blue & 2 pink. Will pick up game bundle tomorrow and waits for mega yoshi :)

I'm still baffled how Nintendo went from 4 per store to 40+ with re-stocks everywhere. The brilliance of Nintendo's marketing at the beginning has been outshone by their disastrous moves now. I've never been into Skylanders, but can someone tell me if there has ever been an over-abundance of Skylanders (or Disney Infinity) figures like there are of Amiibo right now? If Nintendo was going to saturate the market, they should have at least waited until Black Friday when people would be out shopping and casuals would have snapped some up because they heard that they're "hard to get". Now I fear that there will be so many peg warmers, Nintendo will stop doing any semi-obscure characters.
Just about all of the toys to life market is flooded right now. There's a reason Beat Buy is already having sales on Infinity figures. Take a look for yourself, Infinity, Skylanders, Lego Dimensions, and even Amiibo are clogging up the shelves right now. They might start flying once Christmas shopping season is in full swing but right now none of them are moving in any significant way.

Just about all of the toys to life market is flooded right now. There's a reason Beat Buy is already having sales on Infinity figures. Take a look for yourself, Infinity, Skylanders, Lego Dimensions, and even Amiibo are clogging up the shelves right now. They might start flying once Christmas shopping season is in full swing but right now none of them are moving in any significant way.
This. I've started to take notice in regards to how much space the "toys to life" stuff is starting to take. Now that Lego Dimensions is out, and Skylanders and Disney Infinity just got updates, the shelves are covered in merchandise. I wonder what they had to clear out to make all that stuff fit. My Best Buy has a full double sided aisle and a half to cover all of that stuff. TRU has full aisles dedicated to each brand in some cases.

I'm not complaining because I love how easy it is to walk in and pick up whatever Infinity Star Wars character I want. Plenty of Vader's, Yodas, whatever, no problem. They are on sale right now $7.99 with GCU which is a great price considering they only came out a few weeks ago. But when the toy to life to life thing eventually dies, there will be a whole lot of clearancing going on most likely. They are going to want that shelf space back for whatever the next big thing is.

You know what I still find funny? How Bestbuy cant keep the Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival page updated.. even NOW it doesnt have a release date. I emailed customer care about my order, they said "Well according to our page, we dont have a release date yet" Its like COMON BESTBUY! Nintendo, Gamestop, everyone else has the official date posted. Wake up!

Least I know mine is preordered with them... did that when no one knew if the amiibo came with it phase. But Gamestop still taking orders too right now...

Least they didnt do what Mario Party refuses to give up... that damn car play stuff.

High Class Retro, makers of some of the best Amiibo cases, raised their prices. Well, the single unit price is the same, but they took away the bulk quantity offers. Shame, as I ordered two of their cases as trials, am happy with them, and was planning on ordering more. Here's hoping they come to their senses . . . unless someone found a better option for storing sealed amiibos.

You know what I still find funny? How Bestbuy cant keep the Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival page updated.. even NOW it doesnt have a release date. I emailed customer care about my order, they said "Well according to our page, we dont have a release date yet" Its like COMON BESTBUY! Nintendo, Gamestop, everyone else has the official date posted. Wake up!

Least I know mine is preordered with them... did that when no one knew if the amiibo came with it phase. But Gamestop still taking orders too right now...

Least they didnt do what Mario Party refuses to give up... that damn car play stuff.
Car play stuff? Wat?

Anywho, anxious to try amiibo festival. Here's hoping I'll be able to pre-order it soon.

Car play stuff? Wat?

Anywho, anxious to try amiibo festival. Here's hoping I'll be able to pre-order it soon.
In MP9 and MP10, players are in a car and move as a group, though movement only affects the roller of the die. This, as opposed to AC and the previous MP games, where players move independently, which MP10's amiibo Festival allows.

That restock was timely.  I just finished the single player missions last night and wanted to tackle the Amiibo challenges.  Was beginning to consider paying the inflated price.  Patience paid off!

In MP9 and MP10, players are in a car and move as a group, though movement only affects the roller of the die. This, as opposed to AC and the previous MP games, where players move independently, which MP10's amiibo Festival allows.
Oh, I wasn't sure what exactly "in a car" meant...I never looked at that as a car for some reason.

I really like that method of play actually. It's a nice mixup after eight games of the same conventions over and over. The numbered dice blocks means you can effectively screw over your competition if you play properly.

Skymiibo Starter Packs have started going on sell.  Hopefully it won't be long before they are a reasonable price.

Skymiibo Starter Packs have started going on sell. Hopefully it won't be long before they are a reasonable price.
they almost always are around $40 during Black Friday. Clearanced out at under $20 the following year too. Only Dark Editions typically hold their price.

they almost always are around $40 during Black Friday. Clearanced out at under $20 the following year too. Only Dark Editions typically hold their price.
That's a shame, I was interested in the Dark DK. Amazon has it for $75, which is still too much. I guess if the Dark doesn't drop I'll see what the standard version does.

Besides in game models, what are the differences between the two anyways?

D'oh!  Locked previous thread meant I missed the last few days here - not that I check it that often.

Anyway, I was at TRU this evening for no particular reason and was shocked to see a table full of new (to me) Amiibos.  They had the blue and pink Yoshis, Shulk, Lucario, and Ganondorf.   I only had the last of those from before so I bought Shulk and Lucario.  Thankfully the $5 off $25 Amiibo purchase more than made up for the TRU tax (the extra $1 they charge for these things compared to everywhere else).  I looked at Amazon on my phone and saw that the blue Yoshi was in stock there so just bought that online.

They even had the 8-bit Classic Mario at TRU (though just one).  That's the first time I've seen that in the wild since the day it came out.

They even had the 8-bit Classic Mario at TRU (though just one). That's the first time I've seen that in the wild since the day it came out.
Strange, when I went to Target, they had a couple, and when I went to Best Buy, they had a few as well. Haven't been to TRU in a LOOOONG time (probably a year or more), maybe I'll pop by between work and class tomorrow.

I placed it in my cart to see if it works before I posted, and saw the same message.
I have no faith in Walmart when it comes to amiibo, so I won't be surprised if it gets canceled, but hey: the yarn yoshi actually shipped. It's worth a gamble until she's back in store somewhere else.

bread's done
Back