amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For any amiibo card collectors

Thanks for choosing Best Buy as the spot to fill your collection of amiibo Animal Crossing cards!  I'm happy to report that we researched this very question not too long ago so I have an answer for you.

Understanding the nature of cards and card collecting, Best Buy has elected not to limit the purchase of these packs to 3 per Gamers Club Unlocked account, so you can purchase as many packs as you need to get the cards you desire.

Thanks for being a My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked member, and thanks for gaming with us!

Best Buy forum post

Thanks for choosing Best Buy as the spot to fill your collection of amiibo Animal Crossing cards! I'm happy to report that we researched this very question not too long ago so I have an answer for you.

Understanding the nature of cards and card collecting, Best Buy has elected not to limit the purchase of these packs to 3 per Gamers Club Unlocked account, so you can purchase as many packs as you need to get the cards you desire.

Thanks for being a My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked member, and thanks for gaming with us!

Best Buy forum post
Way to tell those monkeys beneath you how things are going to be, Hugh.

I'm still waiting for my blue yarn yoshi from Walmart.  Preordered as soon as it went up.  So, good luck getting Lucina.

Thanks for choosing Best Buy as the spot to fill your collection of amiibo Animal Crossing cards! I'm happy to report that we researched this very question not too long ago so I have an answer for you.

Best Buy forum post
I bought ten packs at BB on launch day and had no problem getting GCU applied. I totally forgot about the three per item limit!

Best Buy forum post
Phew! I've bought at least 12 packs from Best Buy and was wondering when I would get my cancellation notice. Thanks for the heads up, Sir Joly.

Best Buy forum post
Good to know. And that they're slowly coming back in stock. I've never actually seen any in store before, I've always had store pickup and the employees never knew where the actual cards were on the floor :whistle2:/

Best Buy forum post
While I was pretty sure this was going to be the case, it's good to have it confirmed :) Can't really beat GCU for best deal on these ($1.20 off per pack).

Also, I bet the majority of those Wal-Mart Lucina orders don't ship. My Robin order from nearly a month ago is still in the "Processing" phase. Only reason I haven't canceled it yet is the off chance they get some in over the next few weeks.

Modoru, on 22 Oct 2015 - 07:25 AM, said:
Blue yarn yoshis seem easy to find.
Not if you live in Florida. Sold out everywhere near me. I noticed Amazon has it in stock again now. But I'm waiting on Walmart with the $12.96 misprice. ;)

I live in Florida and have been able to find them both in Orlando and in Miami. At least in Orlando, the one in the Florida Mall had a bunch. The Gamestop, I mean.

Well, looks like November 13th for the individually packaged green yarn Yoshi if B and H is correct.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1190834-REG/nintendo_nvlcyaaa_green_yarn_yoshi_amiibo.html
Holy moly, that's within elite return range! Don't get me wrong, the bundle box is adorable. But my inner CAG is nagging me that cardboard never looks nice for long. Pretty sure the game by itself can be had for 20ish with patience.

Same release date as Mewtwo right?

Woah! New thread! I was loving that that particular thread had pretty much been around since the beginning (maybe it was the 2nd one?).  Glad to see we can keep discussing amiibo-related things here though.

There hasn't been any change on Villager at TRU right? Its still a first-come-first-serve on Friday 11/8? And same for Mii Fighters on the 13th (was it?)?

Best Buy forum post
Should consider including this in first post as well, would be useful, I think.

Woah! New thread! I was loving that that particular thread had pretty much been around since the beginning (maybe it was the 2nd one?). Glad to see we can keep discussing amiibo-related things here though.

There hasn't been any change on Villager at TRU right? Its still a first-come-first-serve on Friday 11/8? And same for Mii Fighters on the 13th (was it?)?
According to this, the three-pack is 11/1. Might be outdated? I don't know.

Woah! New thread! I was loving that that particular thread had pretty much been around since the beginning (maybe it was the 2nd one?). Glad to see we can keep discussing amiibo-related things here though.

11/8 is actually a sunday

Not if you live in Florida. Sold out everywhere near me. I noticed Amazon has it in stock again now. But I'm waiting on Walmart with the $12.96 misprice. ;)
Hmm yeah . You are not trying hard enough. As previously posted plenty in Orlando, Kissimmee, and Melbourne . Then again, if you are hoping for Walmart you may be waiting a while. Try GameStop, bestbuy, Toysrus, target...really anywhere but Walmart.

Hmm yeah . You are not trying hard enough. As previously posted plenty in Orlando, Kissimmee, and Melbourne . Then again, if you are hoping for Walmart you may be waiting a while. Try GameStop, bestbuy, Toysrus, target...really anywhere but Walmart.
To be fair, Wal-Mart actually shipped my Yarn Yoshi. I know, I was amazed too, but I got it the other day. That's the 2nd amiibo I've pre-ordered from them that I actually recieved (the only other one being Ganondorf) out of around half a dozen attempts.

But yeah, if he hasn't gotten it yet, I'd be worrying. I never did get my ZSS and Olimar amiibo I ordered from them, even after it went back in stock and they started selling it again on their main site. And they love to just cancel orders too.

dragonjud, on 22 Oct 2015 - 2:49 PM, said:
I'm not super hardcore going out of my way to find them. Just where I live in Hialeah. Seen a few pinks, but no blue.

I actually got my pink one from Walmart. Still waiting for the blue. I'm here on cheapassgamer, so of course I want to save some coin. I'm waiting for Walmart to ship my blue or for a Best Buy restock so I can get it with GCU.

Got Rob, thanks! Took me forever, since I'm half asleep...so happy I woke up randomly.
Never imported from them before, hope it goes well (I know they pack well, I'm just unfamiliar with their whole payment process).

Got Rob, thanks! Took me forever, since I'm half asleep...so happy I woke up randomly.
Never imported from them before, hope it goes well (I know they pack well, I'm just unfamiliar with their whole payment process).
Pretty simple and you can change your payment options as well. They'll just send you an email right around release when the stock comes in and tell you its time to pay. You click the link and it gives you all the options, then after paying it usually ships out within a day or so (Depending on the time you pay/get the email).

I ended up going back and ordering another G&W as well. Figure I won't be able to snag one as cheap as MSRP again, so atleast I'll be able to display 2 poses at once.

My kids have been asking for these damn pink and blue yarn yoshi's for months now thanks to the 3DS e-shop ads.  I was just able to buy them from Amazon.

Pretty simple and you can change your payment options as well. They'll just send you an email right around release when the stock comes in and tell you its time to pay. You click the link and it gives you all the options, then after paying it usually ships out within a day or so (Depending on the time you pay/get the email).
I imagine that's when they'll ask for a billing address as well? I was a little worried as my billing address is different from the shipping address I put. Glad to know it's easy to change it if I have to. Thanks.

I imagine that's when they'll ask for a billing address as well? I was a little worried as my billing address is different from the shipping address I put. Glad to know it's easy to change it if I have to. Thanks.
Pretty sure you can change that as well. You can change it now under modify orders. AmiAmi is the best when it comes to stock, so theres like no worry of it getting cancelled or pushed back in queue's like other sites do sometimes.

Sick that the die out rarity killed the interest in amiibo collecting for me.
Wait, what? Amiibo becoming easier to purchase killed interest in collecting for you?

For me it was the opposite. Now that I have the chance to actually buy the damn things I want to collect them...if I can't buy them, I have no interest.

Wait, what? Amiibo becoming easier to purchase killed interest in collecting for you?

For me it was the opposite. Now that I have the chance to actually buy the damn things I want to collect them...if I can't buy them, I have no interest.
Its because now he cant claim later that he "found them in his closest" and then sell them for a profit.

Looks like my Lucina from Walmart isn't coming, but I got a $25 gift card coming!

"I am very sorry to inform you that we are unable to fulfill your recent Walmart.com order for the Lucina amiibo figure. Unfortunately, we did not receive the inventory needed to fulfill the extreme interest in this product. I understand how disappointing this news can be so I am offering you an electronic gift card as an apology for this inconvenience. You will receive a separate email within the next 5 business days with a $25 electronic gift card (1 per customer) to use on any future purchase. I do hope you’ll give us another chance to earn back your business."

bread's done
Back