amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I still need to see everything that came out after the original trilogy.....and rewatch the original trilogy since the last time I saw that I was in elementary school.
Yeah, I honestly don't know what I need to see. I've seen the first 3 episodes (not the original trilogy). I also know I've seen PARTS of the originals, but I honestly don't know if I have seen any in-full. I guess I have 6 months or so before it's on Blu-Ray before I need to worry about it. I doubt I go to the theaters, given I've not been to once since Skyfall, almost 3 years ago. Not much of a movie person.

Now shh...people are going to report the off-topic posts and get THIS thread locked as well.

Nintendo employee Amiibo. Get Amiibo of all your favorites... Miyamoto, Reggie, Kimishima. And this Colombian chick with a really nice rack who apparently works for Nintendo.
That's gotta be the most professional pic I've seen on LinkedIn! :D (If you wanna apply as a stripper)

I doubt it's gonna be better then Star Trek into darkness.
I can't tell if you're being ironic, but I'm going to agree with ya: Into Darkness was AWESOME. Still, this SW movie CAN'T be as BAD as the last prequels. Seriously. As long as there's no monkey-Yoda twirling around rabidly, we're pretty golden. Who's the next Jar Jar again?

I hope Nintendo reprints more waves of Amiibos this holiday season. 

Still kicking myself for not buying a Samus from my local TRU that I saw.  Didn't have the money to really burn on amiibos. 

Also, really kicking myself for not buying a Charizard amiibo from a random guy I ran into at my local Best Buy.

I never saw a reprint of the Wii Fit Trainer anywhere.

And so my hunting for all those Smash Bros. amiibos continues.

I hope Nintendo reprints more waves of Amiibos this holiday season.

Still kicking myself for not buying a Samus from my local TRU that I saw. Didn't have the money to really burn on amiibos.

Also, really kicking myself for not buying a Charizard amiibo from a random guy I ran into at my local Best Buy.

I never saw a reprint of the Wii Fit Trainer anywhere.

And so my hunting for all those Smash Bros. amiibos continues.
I'm confused. Wal-Mart and GameStop both show Charizard as available for shipping (Wal-Mart even for free ship-to-store). Can't you just go that route?

I still don't get the anti-political attitude from the mods, but whatever.

I was at my BBY a couple weeks ago and they hadn't got the restock in yet. Went over today to try again hoping there would be some left. Got worried at first when I headed over to the normal amiibo section and found the same weak selection as always, but then I thought to check the end aisle. And lo and behold, there stood the same cardboard stand that others in the last thread had talked about. And it was still full of Lucario, Marth, Shulk, Dark Pit, Captain Falcon, Fox, Little Mac, Greninja, Olimar, Zero Suit Samus, and Ganondorf. No Yarn Yoshi or Charizard that I could tell, but I'll live.

Picked up a Greninja, Shulk, and at long last a Lucario.

Praise be to Best Buy.

I still don't get the anti-political attitude from the mods, but whatever.
1. It's off-topic.

2. It's polarizing (when do those discussions ever stay civil or intelligent, let alone both?).

3. The two, paired together, lead to a lot of reported posts (seeing a radical political statement you disagree with it highly likely to get you to report the post, I'm sure).

1. It's off-topic.
2. It's polarizing (when do those discussions ever stay civil or intelligent, let alone both?).
3. The two, paired together, lead to a lot of reported posts (seeing a radical political statement you disagree with it highly likely to get you to report the post, I'm sure).
It's impossible to talk about amiibo without talking about politics though, this much is obvious. Plus, more political dialogue is good, I feel we are THIS close (you should see how little space there is between my thumb and index fingers indicating how close) in getting everyone to agree and change their minds to the correct side of whatever was being debated.

1. It's off-topic.

1. I said this in the other thread, too, but what does it matter if there's some off-topic going on when there's no news if the thread goes right back on-topic immediately after something new shows up? Also it was kind of on-topic about not buying amiibo from Walmart because they're terrible.

2. Yeah, normally, but in this case it was a tangent of a few posts that had already ended long before the mod started ranting.

3. I wasn't part of it, but I didn't see anything worth reporting unless you either work at Walmart or are foolish enough to take nextisland's posts seriously. Nevermind, just went back and saw one.

...Oh, wait, first argument of the thread. Carry on.

random shots fired so I know who reported me if I get nuked

So 2 pages in and we are back to how it used to be. I wish I could delete posts as the OP, lol. 

So, to be semi-on-topic, what's up with the GameStop-exclusive Wii remotes? I got the Yoshi one imported as a Christmas gift from my mom over the winter (she tried to find one in Europe on a trip last year, no dice, so she ordered an EU one). Now, they've got Bowser and Toad? The Toad looks lame, but the Bowser is pretty neat. If I didn't already have Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, and a Pro controller, I might have picked up Bowser.

I'm also hoping that Pokken Tournament gets us some sweet amiibo and/or controllers. A Pikachu/Charizard/Mewtwo Wii MotionPlus, or (better yet) Pro controller, that'd be kick-ass. It'd be so awesome that the Wii U is going down in flames of disappointment, and I'd still throw the money out the window for such things.

1. I said this in the other thread, too, but what does it matter if there's some off-topic going on when there's no news if the thread goes right back on-topic immediately after something new shows up? Also it was kind of on-topic about not buying amiibo from Walmart because they're terrible.

2. Yeah, normally, but in this case it was a tangent of a few posts that had already ended long before the mod started ranting.

3. I wasn't part of it, but I didn't see anything worth reporting unless you either work at Walmart or are foolish enough to take nextisland's posts seriously.

...Oh, wait, first argument of the thread. Carry on.

random shots fired so I know who reported me if I get nuked
I don't know if I've ever reported a post on here. No worries there. Which person is nextisland? I get confused sometimes, haha.

As for that second part, I agree, and it's why I mentioned how odd it was that the mod got so vitriolic so quickly. That's all I'll say because I expect furthering my opinion on that matter will get me the afore-threatened temp. ban.

So 2 pages in and we are back to how it used to be. I wish I could delete posts as the OP, lol.
......You're welcome?

I'm also hoping that Pokken Tournament gets us some sweet amiibo and/or controllers. A Pikachu/Charizard/Mewtwo Wii MotionPlus, or (better yet) Pro controller, that'd be kick-ass. It'd be so awesome that the Wii U is going down in flames of disappointment, and I'd still throw the money out the window for such things.
I wouldn't mind a Gardevoir or Gallade amiibo, but Pokken amiibo would be only one step away from mainline Pokemon amiibo. No thanks.

I don't know if I've ever reported a post on here. No worries there. Which person is nextisland? I get confused sometimes, haha.

As for that second part, I agree, and it's why I mentioned how odd it was that the mod got so vitriolic so quickly. That's all I'll say because I expect furthering my opinion on that matter will get me the afore-threatened temp. ban.
I don't report, either, and that wasn't set for you. I saw your post in the ad thread already.

3 GBs a month on LTE through the Deathstar.

On our home internet we don't have a data cap.
You're the CEO, and you're on a data cap? Can't you just steal some money from the GCU fund and up that? I'll sacrifice a week with another crappy Best Buy ad if the higher prices get Hubie Doobie Do the 10 GB he deserves.

You're the CEO, and you're on a data cap? Can't you just steal some money from the GCU fund and up that? I'll sacrifice a week with another crappy Best Buy ad if the higher prices get Hubie Doobie Do the 10 GB he deserves.
I guess, but I had my staff personally put the best Wi-Fi router in my office. Plus my traffic is always marked as priority, so I don't use much data on LTE.

Thought i'd add this to the new thread. 

Since its now considered a "wiki". OP, feel free to add it to the main post. 

It's a good resource for those who may ask in the future. 

It's basically an image that shows exactly what each amiibo unlocks per game Currently, incl. JPN games. 

screenshot.jpg

South Austin TRU had both pink and blue yarn yoshi in stock when I was in there last night, 2 of each. At $17.99 each they don't look very cute anymore, and I wasn't too surprised to see them still there. I'm still really glad I decided not to get these.

We all have to draw the line somewhere. Unless you're independently wealthy like good ol' Joly, that is. My line in the sand was AC amiibo.

Just popping in the new thread to ask about the Nintendo preorder pin set. Anyone remember what the qualifying games were and around what time in December to expect the pin delivery? I know AC: Festival was one, but I can't tell which of my other preorders count towards the promo.

Also, I heard there might have been a discrepancy in the terms. Instead of 2 games total (2 Wii U/2 3DS/1 Wii U, 1 3DS), I heard it might have actually been 2 Wii U OR 2 3DS games to qualify. Any idea?

Is there somewhere in my BB account I can see my status for the promo?

Has Mega Yoshi been available overseas? My TRU never limits people on Amiibo, and so any exclusive besides Bowser JR I haven't been able to get.

Just popping in the new thread to ask about the Nintendo preorder pin set. Anyone remember what the qualifying games were and around what time in December to expect the pin delivery? I know AC: Festival was one, but I can't tell which of my other preorders count towards the promo.

Also, I heard there might have been a discrepancy in the terms. Instead of 2 games total (2 Wii U/2 3DS/1 Wii U, 1 3DS), I heard it might have actually been 2 Wii U OR 2 3DS games to qualify. Any idea?

Is there somewhere in my BB account I can see my status for the promo?
Wii U Games: Super Mario Maker, Starfox Zero, Yoshi's Wooly World, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Skylanders Chargers Starter Set, and AC: Amiibo Festival.
3DS Games: LOZ: Triforce Heroes, AC: Happy Home Designer, Yokai-Watch, and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

As far as I rememer, there wasn't a specific date for when you'd get a coupon (yeah, the terms say you get a coupon to redeem the pin set with). Just December 2015.

As for that discrepancy, I'd say that's false. If you check the BB forums, the reps confirm that all you needed to do was pre-order two eligible games.
That's the limit of my knowledge though. Idk if there's a way to check your eligibility online.

So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER
Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg
Heey congrats on your new promotion of hosting the Amiibo discussion ;)

One day I will figure out why everyone wants these figures...

bread's done
Back