* * * - - 6 votes

amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

amiibo

#7741 Zeldafanatic15   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1563 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Zeldafanatic15

Posted 20 June 2019 - 11:36 PM

So I decided to place an order yesterday for the Loot Goblin amiibo and just got a shipping confirmation a few minutes ago, so their CS was full of it when they told me they had none in the warehouse. I'll call them tomorrow to cancel my pending order from February.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#7742 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14305 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2019 - 05:59 AM

And I got an email yesterday it had shipped lol. Arrived today so weird timing. Maybe the GS spies were watching. o_O

#7743 Zeldafanatic15   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1563 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Zeldafanatic15

Posted 22 June 2019 - 06:00 AM

Ironically my order from February shipped today, didn't even have a chance to cancel it. Maybe me calling made them realize they screwed up. XD

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#7744 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22713 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:52 AM

Hi all, wanted to see if anyone here knew the answer to this. Given the recent reveal of FFVII Remake and nostalgia and whatnot, I've been looking at Cloud Amiibos on eBay. I'm trying to collect US releases like my other Amiibos (I haven't purchased too many in the last 2-3 years) but I noticed some of them have have English+multiple other languages and am confused.  

I found a few Player 1 variants with just English but most have Eng+other langues. But Player 2, I see they're all Eng+multi language. What's standard for a US release for these...? 

#7745 AFC   Lapsed Gamer CAGiversary!   331 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:55 AM

Hi all, wanted to see if anyone here knew the answer to this. Given the recent reveal of FFVII Remake and nostalgia and whatnot, I've been looking at Cloud Amiibos on eBay. I'm trying to collect US releases like my other Amiibos (I haven't purchased too many in the last 2-3 years) but I noticed some of them have have English+multiple other languages and am confused.  

I found a few Player 1 variants with just English but most have Eng+other langues. But Player 2, I see they're all Eng+multi language. What's standard for a US release for these...? 

From my understanding, the newer waves of amiibos and reprints of older waves all have multiple languages on the packaging now. I'm assuming this makes it easier for them to shift inventory between territories as needed, to avoid shortages like in the past where Japan may have stock of a certain amiibo that could no longer be found in North America or Europe.

I don't have my amiibos with me to check the Cloud variants for you, but my guess is that you're finding a lot of the Player 2 reprints on eBay. If I recall correctly, the Player 2 variant was originally a Gamestop-exclusive (when Player 2 Bayonetta and Corrin were exclusive to Best Buy and Amazon, respectively). The reprints probably outnumber the original stock by a significant margin. I was only able to purchase the Bayonetta variant originally and had to wait for the recent reprint in order to pick up Cloud myself. The female Corrin amiibo was probably the most difficult to find back then, and I'm still waiting for it to be re-released.

#7746 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14305 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:25 PM

Nintendo was also going through a stupid phase (again) with retailer exclusives. Cloud P2 was a GS exclusive until the reprint went wide.

#7747 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5406 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 13 July 2019 - 05:48 PM

From my understanding, the newer waves of amiibos and reprints of older waves all have multiple languages on the packaging now. I'm assuming this makes it easier for them to shift inventory between territories as needed, to avoid shortages like in the past where Japan may have stock of a certain amiibo that could no longer be found in North America or Europe.

I'm so torn now if I should open my original print run Amiibo, without the multiple languages. Or pick up the reprints to open.

#7748 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   4395 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 14 July 2019 - 12:23 AM

From a future collectible value standpoint, you should open the reprints if you can afford a 2nd set.

#7749 Kranekinjar   Scrappy Doo on Xanax CAGiversary!   491 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Kranekinjar

Posted 15 July 2019 - 02:08 PM

Ya'll peep this?

peep.PNG

#7750 Dr_dreadful  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 15 July 2019 - 09:02 PM

Damnit all I want is Simon to get a pre order.

#7751 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14305 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2019 - 09:35 PM

Ya'll peep this?

attachicon.gifpeep.PNG

Lol WTF?

#7752 Kranekinjar   Scrappy Doo on Xanax CAGiversary!   491 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Kranekinjar

Posted 15 July 2019 - 10:56 PM

I just snipt tooled it. that’s why it’s all fukt, hahaha!