* * * - - 6 votes

amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

amiibo

#8221 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   624 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 31 March 2021 - 05:52 PM

Yes. When I stopped in this morning, staff told me that those who preordered the Monster Hunter amiibo will receive a $5 discount per amiibo.

I'll have to ask about this next time I'm in.  Mine have been paid in full since they went up for preorder

#8222 Twilightsparkle  

Twilightsparkle

Posted 31 March 2021 - 07:39 PM

Hmm, my Byleth and B&K preorders have been stuck at a Fed Ex location since 3/24 with no movement.  Guess I better start looking at buying them at local stores.  Thanks Target.

May just be Fedex being crappy.  I had something scan on 3/23 and didn’t scan again until it delivered today 3/31.  

#8223 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6677 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 March 2021 - 07:44 PM

May just be Fedex being crappy.  I had something scan on 3/23 and didn’t scan again until it delivered today 3/31.  

I don't know, I've had an abnormally high number of Target packages disappear at Fedex facilities in the past month.  Target is very good about replacements or refunds if it doesn't move in a few days, although if something is sold out, you're screwed.  

#8224 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6677 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 March 2021 - 09:17 PM

Two of the three Rise amiibos I preordered shipped from Gamestop dot com this morning.  Looks like they will be delivered on Friday via Fedex. 

Just received two $5 GS gift cards by e-mail.  Looks like for people that preordered the Rise amiibos on GS dot com, they are sending them out a few hours after the amiibos ship.

#8225 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14221 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 March 2021 - 10:34 PM

Target annoys me with amiibo (shipping).

Got Terry in. Box is the perfect size for an amiibo...yet it comes in bent to hell! Ridiculous.

Had the same issue with one previously, and was able to exchange in store.

The other two new ones are on the way. Hoping for a better package than the last one.

#8226 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11562 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 March 2021 - 11:09 PM

Just received two $5 GS gift cards by e-mail.  Looks like for people that preordered the Rise amiibos on GS dot com, they are sending them out a few hours after the amiibos ship.

What was the email titled? I didn't get shit yet and mine shipped almost a day ago

Also has anyones Palamute shipped yet?

#8227 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6677 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 March 2021 - 11:15 PM

What was the email titled? I didn't get shit yet and mine shipped almost a day ago

"Gamestop has sent you an egiftcard for Gamestop".  The e-mails actually came from giftcards@cashstar.com.  My Palamute has not shipped yet, just the other two.

#8228 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11562 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 March 2021 - 11:17 PM

"Gamestop has sent you an egiftcard for Gamestop".  The e-mails actually came from giftcards@cashstar.com.  My Palamute has not shipped yet, just the other two.

Thanks, wonder if its a case by case thing or something.

#8229 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   502 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 01 April 2021 - 10:53 AM

I just checked my order this morning and the palamute just changed to 'preparing for shipment.'  At least with the palico, the item shipped about 24 hours after receiving a similar change, so I'm hopeful the palamute will ship out yet this week. 

#8230 Zmonkay   Awesome in Small Doses CAGiversary!   4738 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2021 - 11:45 AM

Got my Banjo from BB, and Terry and Byleth shipped due today.  Huzzah.  Hope others get all their preorders!  Wonder if it's just general supply chain shinanigans, covid delays, suez canal, or some perfect storm of all that caused such hiccups for folks.

#8231 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   624 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 01 April 2021 - 02:11 PM

Got my Banjo from BB, and Terry and Byleth shipped due today.  Huzzah.  Hope others get all their preorders!  Wonder if it's just general supply chain shinanigans, covid delays, suez canal, or some perfect storm of all that caused such hiccups for folks.

I'm guessing a little bit of everything.

Got Terry from BB yesterday, have Byleth coming today (with a steelbook for MH:R).  Got my Collector's Edition MH:R Monday instead of Friday, and sitting around waiting for GS to call me to pick up the three amigos to hunt dragons with.

#8232 tubtub   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   883 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2021 - 12:11 AM

My gamestop said they will have the monster hunter amiibos April 2nd or 5th, originally they thought the 9th

#8233 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   149 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 02 April 2021 - 05:00 PM

My gamestop said they will have the monster hunter amiibos April 2nd or 5th, originally they thought the 9th

Went today because I was in the area and the cashier didn't give me a date. Just that I would receive a call and that there'd be some sort of discount for the delay.

#8234 MasterSun1   Already Guilty CAGiversary!   1633 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2021 - 05:09 PM

The 3 Monster Hunter Rise amiibos are available on GameStop.com!

Now they just need to put up the 3 Monster Hunter Stories 2 amiibos.

I need to find a cheap Leoleia & Cheval and One-Eyed Rathalos and Rider (Female).  I didn't want to pay $40 at the time and now the prices are crazy.

Those 2, Navirou and Qbby are the only ones missing from my collection.

#8235 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 02 April 2021 - 05:37 PM

Seems they are out of stock again.

#8236 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13405 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2021 - 05:40 PM

Finally received my Byleth and B&K from Target after a week delay, and they were kind of shoved in a much too small box.  Will probably go back to BBY for my preorders as the 5% Red Card discount is just not worth the hassle.

I'll probably check my local Gamestop tomorrow to see if my Monster Hunter amiibo are in, though its seems like a crapshoot the day they will be available.

#8237 MasterSun1   Already Guilty CAGiversary!   1633 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2021 - 05:45 PM

Seems they are out of stock again.

Lasted about 30 minutes.

#8238 super1upqueen   Shinobi Student CAG Veteran   226 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

super1upqueen

Posted 02 April 2021 - 06:48 PM

My Magnamalo and Palico amiibo were available for pick-up today at Gamestop, but not Palamute. He's still due by 4/9. I got 5 dollars off both of the available ones, so that's nice. Hopefully Palamute actually does get here (and I get another 5 bucks off lol).

#8239 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   502 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 03 April 2021 - 06:14 PM

My Magnamalo and Palico amiibo were available for pick-up today at Gamestop, but not Palamute. He's still due by 4/9. I got 5 dollars off both of the available ones, so that's nice. Hopefully Palamute actually does get here (and I get another 5 bucks off lol).

My palico amiibo arrived today, and the palamute is scheduled for tomorrow.  The trifecta is nearly complete!

#8240 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   149 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 03 April 2021 - 07:01 PM

I also got the call for 2 out of the 3 amiibos. I don't do many preorders with them... What do yall think? I've heard some horror stories. Should I wait until the 3rd one arrives and pick all 3 up together, or go in and grab the 2 and make a second trip.

#8241 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11562 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2021 - 08:36 PM

Officially got all of my Amiibo's in from Gamestop as of today! No discounts but they are in great condition. Also managed to get rid of the extra Magnamalo I ended up with from the Collectors Edition, which covered the Smash set I just got.

#8242 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13405 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2021 - 09:31 PM

I also got the call for 2 out of the 3 amiibos. I don't do many preorders with them... What do yall think? I've heard some horror stories. Should I wait until the 3rd one arrives and pick all 3 up together, or go in and grab the 2 and make a second trip.

I picked up one of the 2 I had on preorder today (Palico) and the message said I had 48 hours to pick it up, so I wouldn't risk it if I was you.  Maybe give it to the 2nd day to see if the other one arrives.  Also, I was able to get the $5 discount.  The cashier didn't mention it at first, but when I said I heard they were giving $5 off each for the delay, the guy pulled up a coupon code that indeed gave it $5 off, so definitely ask if they don't initially offer it.

#8243 tubtub   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   883 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2021 - 12:03 AM

My store said they aren't getting them until the 9th although I've heard so many people getting 2 of the 3 today. Hope my store doesn't screw this up like usual

#8244 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2880 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2021 - 06:15 PM

Bizarre that Capcom didn't manufacture or GS didn't order enough MH amiibo to last a day.

#8245 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 04 April 2021 - 07:06 PM

Wouldn't that be on nintendo to make enough? Not those 2 companies.

#8246 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2880 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2021 - 01:53 PM

Capcom is listed at the publisher on GS.com unlike the Smash amiibo which list Nintendo. I think Nintendo would let the publisher decide the volume though certainly they could limit. With only one retailer, I image Capcom saying to GS 'how many you want?' then passing that number along to Nintendo to manufacture.

#8247 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   624 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 05 April 2021 - 02:34 PM

It's probably less on "They didn't make enough" and more on "Transit for a lot of things has been a nightmare on account of some boat that blocked up one waterway that everyone seems to use".

Like, even if the amiibo weren't on a cargo ship using the canal, the impact it had on shipping and logistics *everywhere* is massive because of things needing rerouted, picked up for alternate transit, etc.  Amiibo are pretty minor in the grand scheme of things, and easily delayed in favor of more important items (like medical supplies, or food).

That being said, I got my first two (Magnamalo and Palico) on Friday, and was told the Palamute had already shipped out at that point and should be ready for me to pickup this week.  I have an extra Magna from getting the Collectors's edition, but I think I'll just leave that one in the package and the big box for completion's sake.

#8248 Super Sonic   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   782 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Super Sonic

Posted 05 April 2021 - 02:46 PM

Amiibo are pretty minor in the grand scheme of things

Speak for yourself, man.

#8249 Darkprime   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   264 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2021 - 03:37 PM

Any clue when the next 3 monster hunter amiibos should be going up for preorder?

#8250 Count Van Ghoul   Past The Mission CAGiversary!   1189 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Count Van Ghoul

Posted 05 April 2021 - 05:52 PM

It's probably less on "They didn't make enough" and more on "Transit for a lot of things has been a nightmare on account of some boat that blocked up one waterway that everyone seems to use".

Like, even if the amiibo weren't on a cargo ship using the canal, the impact it had on shipping and logistics *everywhere* is massive because of things needing rerouted, picked up for alternate transit, etc. Amiibo are pretty minor in the grand scheme of things, and easily delayed in favor of more important items (like medical supplies, or food).

#truthbomb2021