* * * - - 6 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation V (No reselling discussions)

#2161 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 20 February 2016 - 06:56 AM

Question about quantity limits on Amazon. If you order an item that has a one quantity limit, and then cancel and re-order, it still lets you order another right? I'd assume yes, but you never know sometimes.

Yes. GameStop, however, does not.

#2162 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14781 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2016 - 07:03 AM

I'm enjoying watching Best Buy's negative FB; tons rolling in from people upset about how they handles FE Fates SE:

http://feedback.ebay...rms=negative_30

Not sure how they decided which orders to cancel and which to ship though.

Anyone seen any consoles out in the wild? Amazon is OOS and figured I'd try and get one.

46 negative feedbacks today for the SE by my count just now.

#2163 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14781 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2016 - 07:05 AM

Lol. Just looked at the scampers online selling the SE at ridiculous prices. I guess if there's stupid enough people to buy it at $1000 then...whatever.

That Mirrors Edge limited edition statue looks amazing tho. Didn't know about that. $200. Ack

It's made by Triforce, don't be burned like all of us still waiting on fixed Dragon Age CE's.

#2164 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14781 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2016 - 07:14 AM

Best Buy thought ahead and are shipping you the regular games and the free $20 gift card was so you can buy the Revelation DLC.

Revelation is already on the SE cart and playable now, but you could possibly use the $20 for the map pack (which is $18.)

#2165 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14781 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2016 - 07:16 AM

Anyone think the Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition will come back in stock? I don't follow these releases, so I don't know if it's commonplace or not. 

On a Nintendo CE with this much demand and Nintendo makes less money than if someone bought the content seperately? Not a chance in hell.

#2166 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14781 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2016 - 07:18 AM

I do not why I still keep going back to GameStop.

To my bewilderment, I was able to secure a Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition pre-order in December 2015. If I only knew, I should have also bought a ticket for the disappoint train.

When I went to pick up my supposed pre-order, they told me that it was "an error in our system." They gave me some runaround saying that Nintendo cancelled those pre-orders.

It would have been courteous to tell people by some mean BEFORE they go to the store and leave disappointed and angry like me. They did not even offer an apology for their mistake. All I received was my pre-order deposit back.

All this time, I have been waiting for nothing.

Why do I put up with this BS?

This was actually pretty big news last month. Any orders placed at Gamestop after Nov 18th had to be canceled cause Nintendo told Gamestop they won't be sending them enough.

Grrr.

I am so angry right now.

Trueblade you need to fill out the tellgamestop.com info and demand to speak with someone as each store that had that happen were supposed to call affected customers last month.

#2167 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14781 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2016 - 07:20 AM

So here's the crazy thing about Fire Emblem and GameStop. Not only are they sold out of the CE for non-preorders like everyone else, but their sold out of the normal physical copies as well, nationwide.

Look at their site; all they have in stock are the downloads.

http://www.gamestop....lem fates,28zu0

#2168 Sporkis   Barley Legal CAGiversary!   1781 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:02 AM

Truth be told if it weren't for the fact that the Fire Emblem SE is the only way to obtain all of the games content physically, I wouldn't really care as much about it.

#2169 shosaisyu   Waster of Monies CAGiversary!   188 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

shosaisyu

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:07 AM

Another time i've been fucked up by best buy. lol. Sad that they have me by the balls with GCU or i'd never shop there again.

I don't want a 20$ cert. I want my fucking item.

The Fuck are they doing "preparing to ship" anyway? Do they have like 30 sub-100 IQ workers standing around and going "does it go in this box? Oooh, nope..does it go in this box? Oooh..nope..crap, what were we putting in a box again?"

I don't know what's more embarrassing -- this, or the times they've put the collector's editions i've ordered out on the floor with the pick slips on them, or just put my collector's edition out on the floor WITHOUT the pick slip on it.

Best buy couldn't find my GG XRD collector's edition in the back, and someone went to the floor, and lo and behold, there it was, the only copy they got in sitting out in the open, waiting to be bought by anyone.

BB is truly a giant pile of shit. But that 20% off plus the CC I have with them for rewards makes everything about 26% cheaper.

Sigh.

#2170 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49880 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:07 AM

I just checked tracking info on my FE Fates SE package and it's on the way, should arrive on Monday according to UPS.com. 

I wasn't going to get the Far Cry Primal Delixe Edition due to the superior vanilla artwork, but since the vanilla artwork is on the slipcover, I went ahead and pre-ordered. I'll probably get the MLB 16 Steelbook edition as well. 

Link to the MVP edition, which comes with the SB:

http://www.bestbuy.c...0&skuId=4785300

Question about quantity limits on Amazon. If you order an item that has a one quantity limit, and then cancel and re-order, it still lets you order another right? I'd assume yes, but you never know sometimes.

Not immediately, though usually in a short amount of time.  I've seen an issue with it not resetting, as I tried to do with Bravely Second as I wanted to have it as an Amazon Smile order.

#2171 Clessasaur  

Clessasaur

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:08 AM

Oh Best Buy. "Your game will ship today!". It is tomorrow and it didn't ship. :(

#2172 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11426 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:38 AM

Hmmm, the SE i got last night on Amazon got an estimated date of the first week of March.

Im just waiting to see if it will get the double 20% off

#2173 FunkyDawg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   527 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:41 AM

Hmmm, the SE i got last night on Amazon got an estimated date of the first week of March.

Im just waiting to see if it will get the double 20% off

Got that message just now. Glad they changed the SKU lol.... Basically I placed an order for one on the initial run that I ended up giving to my cousin because he is a huge FE fan and I have regretted it all week (it shipped tuesday) because Best Buy decided to make an ass of themselves. 

#2174 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6812 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:46 AM

Same message for me from Amazon. It's a month away but worth the wait. these aren't coming back in stock (judging by other Nintendo launches) so I'll take any chance I can to get it.

Target hasn't gotten any shipments yet but we can assume they will be getting something. Doubt it'll be an in store item though

#2175 RubMySweatyThighsPls  

RubMySweatyThighsPls

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:47 AM

The Fire Emblem that appeared on Amazon yesterday late night sent me an email with a delivery estimate time

#2176 mclovin_it   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   131 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

mclovin_it

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:54 AM

Why isn't anyone talking about this? Senran Kagura Estival Versus - Endless Summer Edition for $6.75. I know this is a Fuck up on their part, but what are the chances that they actually hold up this price?

https://www.deepdisc...ed/853466001865

#2177 lastreward24  

lastreward24

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:59 AM

Did the Amazon prime discount not apply to the SE for you guys either?

#2178 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4129 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:02 AM

Why isn't anyone talking about this? Senran Kagura Estival Versus - Endless Summer Edition for $6.75. I know this is a Fuck up on their part, but what are the chances that they actually hold up this price?

It says Last Guardian when I completed my order, so who knows.

#2179 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4676 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:38 AM

Another time i've been fucked up by best buy. lol. Sad that they have me by the balls with GCU or i'd never shop there again.

I don't want a 20$ cert. I want my fucking item.

The Fuck are they doing "preparing to ship" anyway? Do they have like 30 sub-100 IQ workers standing around and going "does it go in this box? Oooh, nope..does it go in this box? Oooh..nope..crap, what were we putting in a box again?"

I don't know what's more embarrassing -- this, or the times they've put the collector's editions i've ordered out on the floor with the pick slips on them, or just put my collector's edition out on the floor WITHOUT the pick slip on it.

Best buy couldn't find my GG XRD collector's edition in the back, and someone went to the floor, and lo and behold, there it was, the only copy they got in sitting out in the open, waiting to be bought by anyone.

BB is truly a giant pile of shit. But that 20% off plus the CC I have with them for rewards makes everything about 26% cheaper.

Sigh.

Holy moses, calm down man. If your item is in "preparing to ship" phase, chances are you'll get it. It obviously doesn't literally mean people are preparing it, it just means your order has been fully processed, and they are going to soon put your copy in packaging and mail it.

No company is perfect, but Best Buy is faaaar from the worst of evils. In fact, they are one of the better companies. Me personally, I'll take the 20% discount, points, good return policy, and price matching over a company like Gamestop who ships you opened games as new, and gets large batches of rare games reprinted, opens them all so they can sell them used at mark-ups any day.

#2180 SPORK94  

Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:12 AM

Way too good to be true

http://www.resellerr...e/Deep_Discount

If you want to guinea pig by all means do so.

#2181 dios   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2475 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:43 AM

Sigh.

I have only pre-ordered 2 times ever from best buy.

I got into Mass Effect super late but became addicted to the game. The hype for Mass Effect 2 was off the wall.

I pre-ordered my Collectors Edition at Best buy and went the morning of release and waited outside a few minutes before opening (as did several others)

I was told they only got 10 copies in (there was more than 10 of us there)

Instead of going to Customer Service to pick up my reserved copy. I go out to the floor and see all the copies there out on the shelf. I pick mine up (in disgust) and bring it up to the register to be rung up.  :/

Second (and last time) I pre-ordered something was the Special Edition of Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 for Xbox 360.

They told me they only got 3 copies in. By the time I came that night (around 7pm or so) they were all gone.

I was dumbfounded and just left. I was done with pre-ordering with Best Buy.

I also would notice they would have boxes to bring to the registers out on the floor to pre-order games, limited edition of games. These would be out on the floor (and they would gladly ring you up for said pre-order) for limited / collector edition of games, 2 days before launch.

How exactly were they going to gaurentee your copy when launch day is 2 days away and the items have been shipped out along time ago?

Best buy blows my mind.

Oh....and spider webs crushing CE boxes. Fuck Spider Webs. Fuck Best Buy. They have no idea what the Fuck they are doing.

#2182 UltimateIdiot911  

UltimateIdiot911

Posted 20 February 2016 - 12:52 PM

I have only pre-ordered 2 times ever from best buy.

I got into Mass Effect super late but became addicted to the game. The hype for Mass Effect 2 was off the wall.

I pre-ordered my Collectors Edition at Best buy and went the morning of release and waited outside a few minutes before opening (as did several others)

I was told they only got 10 copies in (there was more than 10 of us there)

Instead of going to Customer Service to pick up my reserved copy. I go out to the floor and see all the copies there out on the shelf. I pick mine up (in disgust) and bring it up to the register to be rung up. :/

Second (and last time) I pre-ordered something was the Special Edition of Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 for Xbox 360.

They told me they only got 3 copies in. By the time I came that night (around 7pm or so) they were all gone.

I was dumbfounded and just left. I was done with pre-ordering with Best Buy.

I also would notice they would have boxes to bring to the registers out on the floor to pre-order games, limited edition of games. These would be out on the floor (and they would gladly ring you up for said pre-order) for limited / collector edition of games, 2 days before launch.

How exactly were they going to gaurentee your copy when launch day is 2 days away and the items have been shipped out along time ago?

Best buy blows my mind.

Oh....and spider webs crushing CE boxes. Fuck Spider Webs. Fuck Best Buy. They have no idea what the Fuck they are doing.

Like all B&M store, ymmv with the service. My local best buys seem to be competent enough to get preorders right and hold them behind the shelf.

Though, I always use the instore pickup option on the website rather than do the in store preorder. (Rather not pay a deposit).

All best buy around me pretty much stop using the spider security thing. They stock them in a cage now and you need to ask an employee to get it.

#2183 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:23 PM

If I was best buy, I would stop selling any CE/LE/SE's that weren't a first print game (like what EA does). They profits must be miniscule compared to the headaches that the call centers and CSR agents in store have to deal with. I mean we have people got apeshit because a game comes one business day late.

I'm starting to think as long as they get some kickbacks, retailers outside of gamestop are going to welcome the all digital age.

#2184 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   672 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:58 PM

Holy moses, calm down man. If your item is in "preparing to ship" phase, chances are you'll get it. It obviously doesn't literally mean people are preparing it, it just means your order has been fully processed, and they are going to soon put your copy in packaging and mail it.

I doubt it even means that.  It more likely means they validated your payment method, it's close to or after the release date, and it's supposed to be available.  Or not... I've had an item that didn't even exist be in a "preparing to ship" stage before.  It was a Blu-Ray that had a listing, but never released.  Somehow, it was "preparing to ship" even though it hadn't even been manufactured.  Something like that has happened to me at least a couple of times.  I put very little trust in their "preparing to ship" status.

#2185 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   853 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 20 February 2016 - 02:01 PM

Deep discount has definitely canceled orders before when they screw up, rather then honoring them.

#2186 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   853 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 20 February 2016 - 02:03 PM

Truth be told if it weren't for the fact that the Fire Emblem SE is the only way to obtain all of the games content physically, I wouldn't really care as much about it.

The map pack is digital, so it's impossible to get everything as physical. Yay for day 1 dlc.

#2187 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6633 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 20 February 2016 - 02:24 PM

Like all B&M store, ymmv with the service. My local best buys seem to be competent enough to get preorders right and hold them behind the shelf.

Though, I always use the instore pickup option on the website rather than do the in store preorder. (Rather not pay a deposit).

All best buy around me pretty much stop using the spider security thing. They stock them in a cage now and you need to ask an employee to get it.

Agreed, it all depend on the management of the store and the actual employee there. My store is normally great but once they messed up my instore pickup. Got a your item is ready for pickup email and when I went to the store they told me that the item wasn't ready and that wasn't the pickup order, but my order confirmation and I can hang around and wait for the delivery truck. I got confused since it was just a movie and all new release are on a Tuesday and I went in on a Wednesday. Tried to reason with them for a little bit and just left as it was going nowhere. As I was leaving the store to head to work, I saw a display with about 50 of the movies just sitting there.

#2188 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49880 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2016 - 03:00 PM

I tossed in a pre-order at that price, though chances of it actually shipping are pretty much zero.

#2189 WilliamG   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1845 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2016 - 05:22 PM

Wahoo my eBay Best Buy order is trackable properly now. 1.02lbs weight. :D Yay!

#2190 Leowned   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   123 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2016 - 05:38 PM

Just got my Fire Emblem furniture from Walmart in great shape!