* * * * - 21 votes

PSNOT 3.0 - The least worst thread on CAG anymore! But it still sucks.

#31 Derextreme   Do you even Sony? CAGiversary!   3171 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:53 PM

Didn't we try to get a HC team together a long time ago?  I'm down to try again.

We talked about it when we were playing gauntlet. It's me and cro for sure, you too now.

I want to play with people that no what they are doing but I doubt I am hardcore. Is this easier to tell what the hell is going on than dragons crown? I got tired of DC since I couldn't tell what I was doing or where I was.

Hardcore is just about playing smart. Permadeath for your character. It's easier to keep track of than dc, but you can still get deep in crowds sometimes.

#32 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30621 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:54 PM

Hardcore is just about playing smart. 

Smart? Wren's out.

#33 Velo214   Chilln like a Villain CAGiversary!   8530 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:55 PM

Downloading D3 RoS now ;)

also TT sent me a fantastic end of year gaming summary. Awesome coincidence is that I played 214 games this year ;)

#34 Velo214   Chilln like a Villain CAGiversary!   8530 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:57 PM

I never got lost in DC but that's a common complaint. They even added colored rings and tabs on the bottom of the screen in updates. I guess being the wizard I just flew above the mess and summoned so much crazy stuff it didn't matter where I was really

#35 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:58 PM

Just looked at my D3 trophies and didn't realize that I wasn't overly far from the plat. Now I'm really gonna have to track down a cheap copy.

#36 Wrencrest   Fuck Pharmacrest. What an asshole. CAGiversary!   18984 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:01 PM

I really liked sacred 2 and the old baldurs gate on ps1. I know diablo is deeper.

#37 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:02 PM

Did anyone else here pick up Dying Light from the Black Friday sales? That's another one I need to start up.

#38 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:20 PM

I haven't shaved for about 2 weeks, before I was even off of work. My beard has finally progressed from "non-existent" to "pathetic".

I wish I could grow cool facial hair.

Anyone who hasn't grown a beard before or shaves regularly is going to have a tough time growing it out at first. I used to shave every day from HS until I decided I was going to stop because I wanted to grow a beard. I looked like an idiot at first, so I quit. Then a couple months later, I started working from home and it got a lot easier since I no longer had to go out into the world and see people with my stupid beard that looked like I glued a bunch of pubes to my face.

So if you can get past the mentality of caring what others think about it, just do it. Quit shaving. Best decision I ever made. Beard maintenance is a lot easier and cheaper than shaving every day. I don't want mine to get crazy so I trim every couple of weeks and it takes 5 minutes at most. Plus, even though nests of hair on your face are super gross and filled with bacteria, chicks dig it.

#39 eldergamer   Gold Star For Robot Boy CAGiversary!   6635 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

eldergamer

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:30 PM

Haven't shaved for four days. Super itchy stubble now. Two more days till full beard.

#40 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:33 PM

Can you transfer PS3 characters to PS4 in Diablo? Do I need a PS3 copy to do it or are they cloud saved?

#41 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5780 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:36 PM

Stotch remember this Beavis and Butthead episode Beard Boys:

#42 Derextreme   Do you even Sony? CAGiversary!   3171 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:46 PM

I really liked sacred 2 and the old baldurs gate on ps1. I know diablo is deeper.

3 can be pretty casual if you want it to be. Auto set skill bar and auto equip better stat equipment that I can recall. It doesn't really get deep until you start going for the legendary gear sets and doing the rifts.

Can you transfer PS3 characters to PS4 in Diablo? Do I need a PS3 copy to do it or are they cloud saved?

I think there is, but I'm wanting to say it was PC to console only. I could be thinking of something else though.

Edit: I was wrong

http://us.battle.net...-save-8-18-2014

#43 Cleaner7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3351 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:49 PM

Leaderboard from last thread. 
pharmacrest 9110
Vigilante 7817
tylerh1701 7507
MildObstruction 6488
Thermopyle 6474

Aka top 5 people who don't know how to shut the Fuck up!

Aka some of my favorite thread peeps.

#44 ProfessorStotch   Banned Banned   13654 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:51 PM

Crap you need the PS3 version. I wonder if someone in the gameshare thread will let me borrow it.

Edit: Pancakes is the man!

#45 Velo214   Chilln like a Villain CAGiversary!   8530 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:53 PM

its no diablo 3 but im streaming with 3 of my buds some gauntlet, the poor mans diablo we all got for free ;)

twitch.tv/velo214

#46 Zimm108   That reminds me of prom night CAGiversary!   10980 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:12 PM

PS3 Diablo? Anyone? Anyone?

Yeah ok.

#47 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   37019 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:12 PM

I guess going for 2000 pages was too much to hope for.

As for resolutions, I'll go with easy (lame) ones: 10,000 trophies and 250 plats by year's end.

#48 GatorBeerGeek   President of the PSN OT Michelle Jenneke fan club CAGiversary!   8612 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

GatorBeerGeek

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:16 PM

Yeah ok.

If you bought DI on PS3 you should take it back.  It runs like absolute shit.  My kid bitched at me about playing the Star Wars set on it because it was so awful. He said, "If we ever play it anymore it is only going to be on the PS4!"

I managed to work through the stuff to get the plat in just over 24 hours.  If not for all the slow loading times and fewer players in the arcade, it would have been finished in very little time.

#49 Derextreme   Do you even Sony? CAGiversary!   3171 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:20 PM

Hardcore team is locked and loaded. At least until someone dies and quits. I get off at 5est today. We'll try to get started tonight if we can lock pancakes down.

#50 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16707 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:24 PM

I think I'll go ahead and sit this thread out. See you guys in 2017!

#51 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:26 PM

Well it's January 1st and I already made my first 2 gaming purchases of the year.

#52 Zimm108   That reminds me of prom night CAGiversary!   10980 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:31 PM

If you bought DI on PS3 you should take it back. It runs like absolute shit. My kid bitched at me about playing the Star Wars set on it because it was so awful. He said, "If we ever play it anymore it is only going to be on the PS4!"

I managed to work through the stuff to get the plat in just over 24 hours. If not for all the slow loading times and fewer players in the arcade, it would have been finished in very little time.

Haven't bought the new DI yet because we went with Lego Dimensions as the big game this year. But yeah DI 2 ran pretty shitty. I'll try to hold out.

Speaking of Lego Dimensions, anyone else having trouble connecting to their server and/or losing game progress?

#53 Cleaner7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3351 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:32 PM

Well it's January 1st and I already made my first 2 gaming purchases of the year.

What'd you buy?

I'm watching Velo on Twitch and said to myself "Man, they really revamped the interface with all those content updates." With all the Diablo 3 talk I thought he was playing that. He was playing Gauntlet lol. Didnt you guys say it was hard or sucked or something? It looks interesting, but they keep dying. Maybe I should stick to D3.

#54 growsinwater  

growsinwater

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:34 PM

The Gators sucked a fat dick today. Defense was as bad as the offense. Will Grier, may you burn in hell!

#55 Wrencrest   Fuck Pharmacrest. What an asshole. CAGiversary!   18984 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:36 PM

Defense was bad because they can't play alll day due to their sorry ass offense/qb. Defense would be stud kfthe o would keep the ball more. And score. The D runs out of gas.

#56 GatorBeerGeek   President of the PSN OT Michelle Jenneke fan club CAGiversary!   8612 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

GatorBeerGeek

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:36 PM

Haven't bought the new DI yet because we went with Lego Dimensions as the big game this year. But yeah DI 2 ran pretty shitty. I'll try to hold out.

Speaking of Lego Dimensions, anyone else having trouble connecting to their server and/or losing game progress?

If you ever want to play it anyway, let me know before you buy.  I can help out if the kid prefers the toy box part and doesn't really care about the Star Wars levels.

ETA: I have not heard of anyone that had that problem and I have another friend playing it on PS3 now.

#57 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:37 PM

What'd you buy?

I'm watching Velo on Twitch and said to myself "Man, they really revamped the interface with all those content updates." With all the Diablo 3 talk I thought he was playing that. He was playing Gauntlet lol. Didnt you guys say it was hard or sucked or something? It looks interesting, but they keep dying. Maybe I should stick to D3.

Nothing exciting, just 2 copies of AC Rogue to flip to Gamestop.

#58 Feeding the Abscess   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3251 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Feeding the Abscess

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:37 PM

Yeah ok.

Some guy dropped a bunch of hacked gear in one of my rift runs. It's good for power leveling, I guess.

I'm up for RDR this weekend and we can work on Diablo's hardcore stuff after.

True Trophies puts my games played and trophies earned at 16 and 444, respectively. I'd go on the site itself to look around some more, but the site crashes my browser after about 5 seconds.

#59 Cleaner7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3351 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:38 PM

Sorry, I haven't played it in awhile. But our 2nd play session loaded the save no problem. #nothelping

If anyone wants more content there are a few deals going on. Amazon matched GameStop's price on the Fun Packs for $7.50 which is half off. I think BestBuy still has the buy 2 Fun Packs for $20 which is $8/pack with GCU ($16).

Amazon also has $10 off Level Packs for $20. Their sales work on pre-orders if you want to get the Midway Arcade or Ghostbusters packs at launch or some of the Fun Packs too at $7.50.

#60 GatorBeerGeek   President of the PSN OT Michelle Jenneke fan club CAGiversary!   8612 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

GatorBeerGeek

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:39 PM

Defense was bad because they can't play alll day due to their sorry ass offense/qb. Defense would be stud kfthe o would keep the ball more. And score. The D runs out of gas.

That Michigan QB was throwing darts too.  No matter how good of a defense you are, you can not defend against perfectly placed passes.